Help - Downloading Attachments

In the last three days, I have unable to download
attachments.  Previously I had no problem.  When I
attempt to open my attachments, I get a window called
File Conversion filled with ASCII characters.  Need info
on how to correct this.

It sounds as if these attachments are defaulting to Microsoft Word to open.
What types of files are these? What are the file extensions?

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"Manville" <bjmanville@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> In the last three days, I have unable to download
> attachments.  Previously I had no problem.  When I
> attempt to open my attachments, I get a window called
> File Conversion filled with ASCII characters.  Need info
> on how to correct this.

0
patrickareed (498)
6/25/2004 2:46:13 PM
The file extensions are .pdf.  They are trying to open
into MS Word.  This has not been a problem before.  Do I
need change a setting of some such?

0
anonymous (74722)
6/25/2004 4:41:21 PM
I haven't checked slipstick.com don't know what it is.
The version is Outlook 2002

0
anonymous (74722)
6/25/2004 5:00:13 PM
Do you have Adobe Acrobat installed (Acrobat Reader)? Try reinstalling that.
You can download the free reader from www.adobe.com.

--

>I haven't checked slipstick.com don't know what it is.
> The version is Outlook 2002

0
patrickareed (498)

Remove macro is greyed out
I want to remove a sort macro that I made which is in a workbook that I made. When I go Tools|Macro|Macros I see the macro but the delete button is greyed. How can I remove the macro? Beemer Sometimes, the project is protected by the developer. But if you created the macro, then you know if you protected that project. Did you? Do you get prompted for a password when you try to access the project (inside the VBE)? Beemer wrote: > > I want to remove a sort macro that I made which is in a workbook that I > made. When I go Tools|Macro|Macros I see the macro but the delete ...

REQ: Can Someone Help Me With This Outlook XP Question?
Hello All: I use Word to edit my e-mail msgs in Outlook XP. I had to reinstall Office the other day and now whenever I want to start a new e-mail or reply to an e-mail I get a warning that comes up: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'" There is a box that asks for the amount of time to allow the access: 1 to 10 minutes. Do I have to have specific settings for my Outlook address book? I use the Contact area in Outlook for addresses. I have ...

Outlook 2000 doesn't respond after downloading MS update!!
Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will open, but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES. HELP!! I rely on calendar functions, other things. HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs? I did restore - to no avail. I lent CD to someone, so can't do "repair." (Trying to get a hold of friend) Please help! I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to function... Thanks, Sherry Did you recently apply SP3 for Office/Outlook 2000 and is Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode? If yes, you...

IWAN & IUSR bei Crystal Reports? *help*
Hi NG, my problem is that i can see the crystal reports, but when i open one i get "more information is needed". But till yesterday i could open reports!! Now after some search i see that i have no IUSR_servane and no IWAM_servername. how could this happen? My system is AD, SQL, CRM and each of them is one a seperate 2003 server. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Regards Nicolas F�hrs sound strange with the IWAN and IUSR. I offten have this problem. There are a techknowledge article with 13 resoluti...

Help With Strange Error When Trying to Save Any Record
I am getting astrane error happens when try to create any new record (Customer, Item, Vendor or Account), the system gives me a message that "Save Operation Failed" and when i click "More Info" the error message is "Could not find stored procedure 'DYNAMICS.dbo.aagGetCompanyStatus'", although i have created alot of items, customers, accounts and vendors before but suddenly this error appeared. Any quick help will be highly appreciated. It would appear that the AAG has something to do with a product produced by American Association of Geographers. I...

Outlook 2003 attachments.
When an email comes in with say a word attachment, i go to open the attachment the only option i get is 'save to disk' or cancel. It gives a message saying that this file might contain a virus etc. etc. This happens with all attachments. How can i change it so there is a open button also. The pc is windows 2000 sp 4 with Office 2003. Regards ...

Sending a workbook as a mail attachment
Hey Folks, Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather then having the reps remember to send the workbook i'd like to have it send itself automatically - say on Saturdays or Sundays. Ideas? Nel post news:1165167749.298713.321880@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com *Gord* ha scritto: > Hey Folks, > > Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an > time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather > then having the reps remember to send the wor...

Need help with formula 01-13-10

help with preview pane and "read receipts"
Hi, I'm new to Outlook administration. We run Outlook on a server wit Exchange. Is it possible to setup Outlook on client PC's so that th preview pane cannot be activated by individual users? Also, can the blocking of "read receipts" by individual PC users b prohibited within Outlook, at the server level? If not, is there an other way to do it? My reasoning for wanting to do the above two things is to make th "read receipts" function work more effectively. Thanks for your suggestions. : ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from h...

Practice downloaded opened but instruction viewer encountered prob
HELP! I downloaded the free trial of 20007 Professional. After viewing Windows Word 2007 Training 1st session, pressed practice session. 2007 word downloaded practice screen but the instruction screen attempted to open but received error message box "MS Office Help Viewer encountered problem and needs to close." Could not get instructions to complete practice!! Trying to get a job and need to review & practice 2007 software asap! Any suggestions? ...

please help with this query

Outlook Express Attachments #10
OE strips attachments containing Word docs. How do I stop this? The blocking access to feature is disabled via the security tab under tools | options. (its the second checkbox from the top.) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Jim Beam" <pantheos2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:013101c3dd43$0623e970$a401280a@phx.gbl... > OE strips attachments containing Word docs. How do I > stop this? Tools Options Security untick the second check box "Jim Beam" <pantheos2003@yahoo.com&...

Help with Do...Loop
Hi I need a check to be done to see if column a has a number in it then to check if column b has a number. If column B doesn't have a number then I need it to stop and give a msgbox, When column A doesn't have data then I need the loop to stop as we dont have to check column b The code below is what I have but when I try to run it it keeps saying LOOP WITHOUT DO. I hope someone can help me as I am not very good with loops. mykeycode = Range("B32") mysell = Range("N32") Do mykeycode = mykeycode + 1 mysell = ...

what is the name of a sub form download from microsoft website
i need to add a sub form to a form created in access. i tried to start the wizard but the feature is not currently installed. i try to install but it is looking for a disk for me to insert. i do not have a disk to insert. can i go to microsoft website and download the sub form feature for access? if yes, what is the name of the download. Are you sure it is not installed? Open your main form in design view. Click the Toolbox button in the menu at the top. There are two buttons at the top of the Toolbox, an Arrow and a wand. Is the Wand highlighted. If not, click on it then click on th...

Help on Macro or Formula
Hi, i hope someone can help me. i need to create a formula that sits in a cell and looks for data. ( obvioiusly ). however, the formula needs to be in place even though the file from ehere the data comes from might not be there yet. ( i have to create a book that when a new file is created, the links are already in place ). i think it could work with an IF type formula for ( if B2="",""). here is my information. Cell description: A2 = Job no. B2 = Client Name D2 = Actual Spend on project Register!D2 = Job Description Register!H2 = Quoted Amount my path is S:\Clients\...

Need help with update sql plus filter
I have the following update sql (copied from the query design view) UPDATE ListQry SET ListQry.ApprovalStatusID = [Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] WHERE (((ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)<[Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] And (ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)>-1) AND ((ListQry.OtherStatusID)>300)) OR (((ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)<[Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] And (ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)>-1) AND ((ListQry.OtherStatusID) Is Null)); ApprovalStatusID is an integer OtherStatusID is an integer ListQry is the recordsource for my form. I would like to add the f...

CRM 3.0 Email Attachments
I understand the attachments are stored in the DB iteself. I am able to find out which table and fields. I see attachment NAME, MIME TYPE, MIMEID but unable to locate which column in the MSCRM.ActivityMimeAttachment table the content is stored ? Please advice. I am trying to download the attachment from the CRM Database into a folder as a file for a given activityid. ...

Download of Money 2005
Downloaded 2005 and keep getting error message that Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run money. Try installing money again. I tried and tried. It will not work. Called support-held for 30 mins.-no answer. What now? ...

Rule to automatically mark header to download based on contact list?
Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? TIA. Rich On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Hi Ben: 2003 SP1 Rich "Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message news:op.spuxh8sf6r4cx1@bms-tablet2.scgab.com... > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > > > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? > > What version of Outlook are you using? > > > -- >...

OL2003
I have a user who is trying to migrate his .pst file from one system to another. So he sent his pst file to himself using OL2002 but when he opens his e-mail in OL2003 the file is blocked. I found a list of files that are blocked and according to the list .pst isn't one of them. Does anybody have a better list that includes .pst files. Sure would make it easier to explain to the user With the research I have done so far this appears to cleary be a client issue and not an Exchange issue. I have no problem seeing the .pst and downloading it in OL2002. The only way so far that...

Hyperlink File Help