Help Creating A Rule

I need help creating a particular rule.
I get many SPAM emails that contain no text at all.  Instead it is a graphic
type that displays text.  It looks like "Plain Text" but it is really a
photo embedded into an email.  How can I write a rule that will prevent this
type of SPAM.  You can't search the body for text.  It is worthless trying
to write something that can spot the issue in the header because it can vary
so much.

Any way to write a rule that can detect the absent of all text?

0
someone1 (389)

Don't use rules - set your Outlook Junk Filter to highest.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, JCO asked:

| I need help creating a particular rule.
| I get many SPAM emails that contain no text at all.  Instead it is a
| graphic type that displays text.  It looks like "Plain Text" but it
| is really a photo embedded into an email.  How can I write a rule
| that will prevent this type of SPAM.  You can't search the body for
| text.  It is worthless trying to write something that can spot the
| issue in the header because it can vary so much.
|
| Any way to write a rule that can detect the absent of all text?

0
MillyS (3228)
3/7/2006 5:34:52 PM
I thought highest level picks up everything that is not in your contact?
Is this not true?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> Don't use rules - set your Outlook Junk Filter to highest.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, JCO asked:
>
> | I need help creating a particular rule.
> | I get many SPAM emails that contain no text at all.  Instead it is a
> | graphic type that displays text.  It looks like "Plain Text" but it
> | is really a photo embedded into an email.  How can I write a rule
> | that will prevent this type of SPAM.  You can't search the body for
> | text.  It is worthless trying to write something that can spot the
> | issue in the header because it can vary so much.
> |
> | Any way to write a rule that can detect the absent of all text?

0
someone1 (389)

Need to create a pie chart
I need to create a pie chart, and I am running into some problems. I has been a long time since I have last done this, and was hoping tha someone could help me. I have a column named COMPLETED. I this column it either has a Y or N. I need to have a Pie chart so that it shows the % of Completed Y and of Completed N. I am having some problems coming up with how to set this up. I hav tried the Chart Wizard, however I am just too confussed. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If your data are in A2:A100 (with A1 as a header), then in some empty rang...

Drag and drop on a recycle bin ... a little help needed
Hello all I have implemented the drag and drop code from The Code project http://www.codeproject.com/shell/explorerdragdrop.asp?msg=420048 but it crashes when the files are dropped on the recycle bin. CCmdTarget::~CCmdTarget() { #ifndef _AFX_NO_OLE_SUPPORT if (m_xDispatch.m_vtbl != 0) ((COleDispatchImpl*)&m_xDispatch)->Disconnect(); ASSERT(m_dwRef <= 1); <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< HERE #endif #ifdef _AFXDLL m_pModuleState = NULL; #endif } Does anyone have an...

Need to create an assembly call for Workflow Activity Creation
We're creating an Activity via a Manual Workflow on the Order. When creating an Activity from that starting point, you only have access to fill a handful of fields (Assign To, Type, Subject, Description, Priority, and Due Date). We need the Activity that's created from this starting point to be able to fill some customized fields that we have on the Task. The only way we figured out that we might be able to accomplish this is by adding an assembly call to the Worfklow. I'm not familiar with coding an assembly callout for CRM in .NET. Does anyone know what resources I co...

create chart /table excel-save, close & reopen colors change? Why
When I create a chart/table in Excel - save, close & reopen to use again, the colors have changed for my formating. How do I set the formating so that the colors stay the same - I have tried styles with no luck. The colors need to be the company approved. Thank you, Anne, I am unable to reproduce yr problem. Excel should NOT override yr manual settings. However,you can set yr company colours as default under Tools/Options/[Color tab]. Here are the colours Excel uses by default for the workbook. (Under that thin line you see the defaults for fill and line colours.) Hope this...

cut/copy and paste forumla problem help
i am currently using the correlation formula to test on a large set of data: e.g. CORREL(IGR!C233:C262,IIA!C233:C262) IGR and IIA - they are a pair of data i place in 2 different worksheets, each has set of data, and I need to pull the data of C233 and C262 in IGR and IIA worksheet and I have many pairs in different worksheets E.G. RMR and RHR so I copy the forumla above and hope can only manually adjust the symbol from IGR and IIA to RMR and RHR when I copy it shift the number down =CORREL(IGR!C242:[/B]C271,IIA!C242:C271) from C233 to C242 and C 262 to C271 and I would have to ma...

Please Help strange problem
Hope someone can help with this after downloading a small excel file from a dealer site that is a genereated report, I can download it as an excel file, upon doing so and pasting it into my working sheet I end up with this � with the two dots above it at the end of the text in every cell, and when it is removed some cells change for example a cell which has a long number for a serial number will shorten as well where do I start the excel version is 2000 blacklabhfxnospam@hotmail.com remove no spam ...

deleting all rules from the server
Is it possible to delete all of a users message rules from the server? We had to restore a mailbox the other day and now the user's rules are in triplicate. We've tried to delete them from the client but when they sync to the server they come back. The user wouldn't be adverse to losing all of their rules at this point if that is necessary as every mail sync gives an error that the rules don't match - even after telling exchange which set of rules to keep. On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 12:17:27 -0800, KatLongo <KatLongo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible t...

help #10
every time i try to send something through outlook I get an error 0x800CCCC0D Do you have any more details about the error? Also, which version of Outlook are you using? "tina" <tinaatweb22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:081001c365f2$cc7bc3e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > every time i try to send something through outlook I get > an error 0x800CCCC0D ...

Query related to Help button in Property sheets?
Hi In my application for showing a wizard, i m using Property Sheets(tab dialog boxes derived from CPropertyPage). I have 4 buttons on my wizard: Back, Next, Cancel & Help. My problem is that how do i implement the <Help> button. I have to open a .chm file as soon as the user clicks the <Help> button. But where do i write the code as there is no handler function in the class wizard for Help button. Handler functions for Back,Next & Finish is there? How do i implement the Help button? Waiting for suggestions Regards ...

Create new record
Just wonder if I press the * button on the record selector, is there a new record already inserted? I have a autoincrement field in a record, I would like to know if the new record is really appended so that I can get the latest autoincrement number. ...

Rules and such like
Hi guys, I have an exchange mailbox on server so and so. In this profile i also have access to an additional mailbox called Support. So in outlook i have the following structure: Outlook Today - Mailbox - Me Inbox Calendar etc Mailbox - Support Inbox Personal folder Inbox What i need to do is create a rule that moves any message coming into Mailbox - Support, which has its own email address, to my personal folders inbox. Any rules i create will only seem to work on mail coming into Mailbox - Me. I am an owner of Mailbox - Support but i cannot the fold...

Help Sorting Data
I have the following columns of information and need to setup a formula that will give me the total by location, by dept, then by g/l account. DEPT G/L Account Bakersfield Fleet 42101 $10.00 Fleet 42101 $125.00 S & D 42101 $35.00 MEM 42199 $10.00 Fleet 23099 $1,000.00 I will then point to the cell containing the final cost number. Example: Bakersfield, Department Fleet, G/L Account 42101 $1,145 Look at the Subtotal function, or a Pivot Table. Regards, Fred "dh1069"...

Spreadsheet Help
I have built a set of spreadsheets that track our plant operation. It consists of one sheet we call the input sheet that we put our daily readings in ( power, water,motor hour meter, etc.) and twelve sheets (January - December) that have the formulas to draw the information to the appropriate equipment. My plans were to at the years end to save as to the next years date, wipe out my input page and start over. Here is my delima. The save as sheet still tries to draw from the previous years input page. Any ideas ? Thanks Edit>Links>Change Links generally gets the job d...

Movie Maker is making my hair fall out please help
I have searched through the threads to see if I can find help but no luck. I have a year of small home video clips all Avi. I imported them to windows movie maker and made a story board. I can watch the movie. When I hit publish to dvd it takes me to windows dvd movie maker. I hit burn. The latest video which works in a dvd player only did the first three frames then the whole dvd was black with no sound. I did a windows update today, still the same I have also tried to publish the movie to my computer it always crashes. I do not have an option to save as and place it elsewher...

Help Going From 2000 to 2003
Hi, Here's what I am trying to do. I have a laptop with Office 2000 on it, with an extensive database built up in OUTLOOK. I have a desk top that took over from the laptop about two years ago, and it is running Office 2003. My question is how do I combine the backup.pst file from the Laptop (2000), which ended 2 years ago, with the .pst file from the Desktop (2003) which started two years ago? Copy the file to the desktop. Then use File->Open->Outlook Data file. Open the archive and use drag and drop to combine them. Once combined, close the archive by right clicking and ...

new user needs help
it's a spreadsheet of names and addresses the addresses column has both the street number and address. like 1233 LAKE ST What I would like to do, is sort them on the street name AND THEN the number so I would have the sheet list them in order of street name and then order of number such as 1233 Lake St 1234 Lake St 1235 Lake St etc. so how do I split the columns automatically so that it will sort by the name alphabetically and then the number numerically please and thank you... -- ----------------------------------------------------- Lawyer to witness: Now doctor, isn't it tr...

Rules #7
I need to make a rule to include two variables in the subject line. The rules wizard only has one option for just the subject line. I want a rule that if "this" and "that" are in the subject, the message is dealt with this way. I can't seem to figure out a way to do that on Outlook 2002. Thanks, Paul ...

creating an e-mail account
i,m trying to create an e-mail account using Windows Vista Mail and they want me e-mail server(incoming and outgoing) and don't know what those are? What do you suggest i do? "tshepo moloi" <tshepo@creditmatters.co.za> wrote in message news:4F06074A-403D-4299-BFE4-A96B8B40C68F@microsoft.com... > i,m trying to create an e-mail account using Windows Vista Mail and they > want me e-mail server(incoming and outgoing) and don't know what those > are? What do you suggest i do? Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windo...

Help with time over two days please?
HI thanks for looking, I have a sheet that I enter a start time into 12:30 PM (Cell formatted to time (Cell A1)) and a finish time of 2:30 AM (Cell formatted to time (Cell B1)) so I have worked a total of 14 hours. Can you please give me a formula that will work over the two days and also work if I start at 12:30 AM and finish at 10:30 PM on the same day IE 8 hours worked. Many thanks for your help Derek One way: Assuming the total time period is less than 24 hors, add 1 if the "later" time is less than the "earlier" time (since XL stores times as fractional...

Please help
HI - I recently went through exchange hell with our exchange 2003 server - it's a long story, but basically part of recovery was creating new public and private EBD files, etc. Now everything is working great However, I have noticed that there are duplicate Microsoft Exchange System Objects in active directory. Here is an example: (these are of Type: Public Folder, and the bottom ones with with numbers are the ones which show a creation date that matches the day the new DB was setup. The top ones are the original ones which show a creation date of the day the server originally setup) ...

Newbie Help! Please (correct version)
Hi I have a spreadsheet which has a record of places in which certain occurences have taken place looking somthing like this... �-----A-----�-----B-----�-----C-----�-----D----- Place 1 data data data Place 2 data data data Place 3 data data data Place 1 data data data Place 4 data data data Place 2 data data data Place 1 data data data Pl...

Microsoft Office 11.2 update broke help?
I recently installed service pack 2 to Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac, and now Help doesn't work in any of the Office applications. Search works, but Home, Contents, Index, etc. all pop a dialog box: "Could not display the help topic." Has anyone else seen this? How can I fix it? I tried re-installing the original Office 11, but the problem persisted. I called Microsoft technical support. Once I rebooted my computer, help worked again. How strange. I did learn that the preferences are stored in ~/Library/Preferences/{com.microsoft.*,Microsoft}. Hi, If rebooting does n...

help with 2 fold brochures
I am trying to put together a 2 fold (4 panel) brochure to send out for an upcoming gymnastics meet. Basically it's 2 fold-on the front of the first fold is where you put the title of our meet etc.. The back of the fold is where you put the mailing label. You then open it and it opens to a 8 1/2 by 11 page where on the left you have gym info and the page to the right is the form to fill out. That's it but I have no idea what template to use. Use the booklet page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &quo...

Active Directory Help
Hi, Guys i deployed domain controller in an environment of approx 300 pcs, when i start to join users in domain. i come across some errors, which are as follows: 1) some times when joining domain, the error "the domain controller does not exist or could not be contacted" comes and pc is unable to join domain. 2) after joining domain, when i try to change the user password, then the user hangs and password changes after taking a lot of time. usually 15 to 20 minutes. The computer is taking all the policies i applied in default domain policy. Kindly give me suggesti...

SetWindowRgn
Hello, I am creating a rounded window using the CreateRoundRectRgn and SetWindowRgn functions, and the results is fine. My problem is that I want to switch back and forth in between the normal window and the rounded window. So when I switch back, I reset the window region but with a new big enough rectangle region. The problem that I have when I comeback to the normal window is that the standard caption bar and its buttons are not redrawn properly, they are kind of basics and lack the style of Windows XP. Is my region too small or is there some activation of standard Caption drawing t...