Help: Can't assign tasks from Web Client

Hoping that someone can help with this.

Is there a way under Exchange 2003 to assign tasks from the web client?  I
don't see the option when  I log in.  Is task assignment not offered from
the web client or does the ability need to be set on the server?

0
noThanks8692 (108)

Correct, you can't assign tasks from OWA. You need to use outlook.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Dab" <noThanks@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hoping that someone can help with this.
>
> Is there a way under Exchange 2003 to assign tasks from the web client?  I
> don't see the option when  I log in.  Is task assignment not offered from
> the web client or does the ability need to be set on the server?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Can you help test our Excel test?
We recently completed an online Excel test that people can take then post the results to Facebook so if you're an Excel expert and have 5 min to spare, we'd love to get your input on the questions and format to help make it better. If you can help, we'd really appreciate it ... plus you can let your Facebook friends know how great you are at Excel! http://www.accessanalytic.com.au/services_excel_test.php Cheers __________________ Jeff Robson Principal Business Analyst Access Analytic http://www.accessanalytic.com.au Well, it made me think a bit (9 out of 10 - be...

Outlook & ActiveSync problem
I have a problem that I hope you can help me with. I have a database that I created in Microsoft Access to store all my contacts information, I then imported this database into Microsoft Outlook. This all worked without problem. Then I synchronised Microsoft Outlook with my HP iPAQ and this is where the problem occurs. It copies all the data across to the iPAQ except for the Web Page field; the Web Page field is left blank on my iPAQ. However, if I type the data into the Web Page field in Outlook (rather than importing it from Access) it synchronises correctly and the data appears in t...

CRM tasks synchronization
Can a CRM user create tasks in CRM for someone else and have it synchronize into Outlook for that other person? I've enabled the synchronization from the Outlook client and my own tasks are synchronizing but tasks for others are not. Thanks in advance, Dawn On Feb 21, 3:04 pm, TSIDawn <TSID...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can a CRM user create tasks in CRM for someone else and have it synchroni= ze > into Outlook for that other person? I've enabled the synchronization from > the Outlook client and my own tasks are synchronizing but tasks for others > are...

Please help with this formula
I have a spreadsheet; 25 participants for 31 days each participant must log a catagory (eg PC) the spread sheet count the number of PCs for the 31 days (eg. formula (=COUNTIF(E10:AI34,"PC")). Question how can I calculate how many participates have logged a catagory PC within the 31 days. Hi C, One way, Put =COUNTIF(E10:AI10,"PC") in cell AJ10 And drag down to AJ34 Then in another cell of your choice put =COUNTIF(AJ10:AJ34,">0") HTH Martin "C Sealy" <C Sealy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13350DAB-8BEC-4731-B235-B4B...

Excel 2007 Help Button
When I press the Help button in Excel I get a return message that says "There are no help topics to match your request". All I want to do is explore the Help section to learn more about Excel. Where do I enable the Help Section? Hello: Try to use the F1/help buttons when nothing is selected. -- Hope this helps Martin Fishlock, www.nyfconsultants.com, Wolverhampton, UK Please do not forget to rate this reply. "l_croft1" wrote: > When I press the Help button in Excel I get a return message that says "There > are no help topics to match your request"...

Web Access #5
How can I get Outlook 2002 to get mail out of my Outlook Web Access account? (my department is not using a Exchange Server) IF you don't have Exchange server, you don't have Outlook Web Access....Outlook is a mail client, not a server. What kind of mail account do you use? Perhaps your ISP has a webmail feature you can use to check new mail, or you can use www.mail2web.com Steve wrote: > How can I get Outlook 2002 to get mail out of my Outlook > Web Access account? (my department is not using a > Exchange Server) ...

Math help
I have a worksheet with columns A-P. A=Hrs B=Rate C=Amount Billed (A*B) D=Hrs Approved E=Amt Approved (D*B) F=Hrs Approved G=Amt Approved (F*B) H=Sum Approved (E+G) I=Not Approved (C-H) J=Approved & Paid (M+N+O) K=Approved Not Paid (H-J) L=Variance (C-J) M=Pmt 1 N=Pmt 2 O=Pmt 3 P=Adjustment Below is the data for row 2: 166.67 $68.50 $11,416.90 166.67 $11,416.90 $11,416.90 $- $11,416.90 $(0.01) $(0.01) $11,416.90 -0.005 Row 3: 160.00 $25.76 $4,121.60 160.00 $4,121.60 $4,121.60 $- $4,121.06 $0.54 $0.54...

Someone Help me!
I understand that I am complete moron. You don't have to tell me. But can somebody please tell me how to get all my text to fit into one cell. It automatically goes to the cell to the right of it, and I does it no matter how big the cell is I have no idea what I'm doing. I have to use this for work... and if I can't figure it out I won't get the job so if anybody could help me with this one thing that would help me a bunch! Charts don't include cells (though of course they use data from worksheet cells), so I guess that instead of charting you are talking about Exce...

NEED EXPERT HELP...PELASE
I need some help from people with technical knowledge of Outlook 2000. Here is the issue. My PC had to be reformated and Windows, MS Office, etc reloaded. I identified the directories I wanted backed up before the hard drive was reformatted. My Outlook 2002 Directory was one of them, but I didn't export the messages to a file using a comma delineated format before the backup was done....instead the directory was backed up with the inbox, address book, etc. keeing their original file extensions. Question: Is there a way I can bring my emails back into my Outlook program now that it's...

Help us test a spam filter for Exchange
We are a small Danish company fighting spam. We have a lot of users on our client solution for Outlook and Outlook Express, but our new anti spam Exchange Module give us trouble. Out of 10 people downloading it, only 1 finish the installation and we simply can't find the error. Please help us out, we really need some fresh eyes on the project. http://www.spamfighter.com/product_sem.asp Best Regards SPAMfighter Martin Thorborg I would help you out, but I cannot download the install file, it just wants to install straight from the site, and this just wont work in my environment, my lab ...

query help 12-05-09
i am using sql server 2000 and i need to do the following. sql server 2005 made stuff like this easy. i have a table like this (pseudo coded) CREATE TABLE CONTRACT (CONTRACT_ID INT, CONTRACT_NUMBER VARCHAR(10), CONTRACT_REGION VARCHAR(10), STATUS VARCHAR(20), CONTRACT_DATE DATETIME) INSERT INTO CONTRACT (CONTRACT_ID, CONTRACT_NUMBER, CONTRACT_REGION, STATUS, CONTRACT_DATE) VALUES (1, '1000', 'EAST', 'IN PROGRESS', '2007-01-01') INSERT INTO CONTRACT (CONTRACT_ID, CONTRACT_NUMBER, CONTRACT_REGION, STATUS, CONTRACT_DATE) VALUES (2, '2000...

Drive Space for Web Server and SQL Server
Hello, How much drive space is necessary for the CRM install on the web server and for a separate SQL server? I have read through the implementation guide and cannot find where it give disk space requirements. Thanks! JED JED, The web server install is fairly small (less than 200MB). The SQL footprint is completely dependant on the amount of data you choose to store. If you are going to be storing a lot of attachments, then you are going to need a lot more space. Matt "JED" <Jbyrd76@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23EQZwM4hDHA.1688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Hello, Ho...

Task Hierarchy Messed up after creating new Task
Hi, We use Project Server 2007 (with SP1 and Infrastructure Update). Recently 2 PMs have complained that their Task Hierarchy was messed up after making relatively minor modifications to their projects like adding a task, saving and reopening. The symptom is that leaf tasks have been re-parented to other parent tasks + empty rows showed up. Has anyone seen this problem? Is there a way to solve this? ashwin ...

on error msg box help
The following code will return a message box whether or not an error results from running the macro... what gives? Sub test() On Error GoTo errr Range("a2").Value = Range("A1") / Range("B1") errr: MsgBox "error", vbOKOnly, Error End Sub You have to do something else if no error. Exiting is an option. Sub test() On Error GoTo errr Range("a2").Value = Range("A1") / Range("B1") Exit Sub errr: MsgBox "error", vbOKOnly, Error End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 18 Nov 200...

Permissions tab missing / Please HELP!
The permissions tab in my Outlook 2002 is missing, and when I try to install SCRPTXTN.ECF going through: Options and Add-in Manager, I see the Exchange Extensions Property Pages marked, but I can't install the SCRPTXTN.ECF (as I read I should in the Microsoft Knowledge Base). I "see" the file and several others inside the Adding folder, but I can't Install them. When I click the Add-in manager pop out nothing happens and the file does not install. My outlook is part of the Microsoft Office 2002 that I have installed complete with Front Page and the SP-2 service pac...

Macro Help #5
Dear Experts I have a range in a spreadsheet set up with a macro that concatenates the row and column headings and copies the number (if it is >0) in the cell where the column heading and row heading meet to a new worksheet. A bit like looking up a street directory. Sometimes I have to change the criteria and want only numbers copied that are >10. I know how to change the macro to do this. I now have to copy numbers that are > than minus 1. Because some of the cells in the range are empty it still concatenates the empty cells the row and column headings and copies them to the workshe...

How to import a table on a Web page to Excel?
Hello How to import a table on a Web page to Excel? Columns in the table are delimited by several spaces, not by a htm table tag. fist use < data-get>external data (importdata) using a webquery into excel then data-texttocolumn using space as delimiter you must know the no. of the table in the webpage which can be found out from the source html page counting <table> tag or by trial and error -- remove $$$ from email addresss to send email ========================= "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:#WI#g9Q5FHA.724@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl.....

Help me solve this problem
Hello, I am assigned to replace an old Web application (written by some contractors) with new asp.net application. The current application has an integration to Lotus Notes to send email and record in-coming email to the its database. To do this, they have some ActiveX to open Lotus Notes windows to handle out going messages and in Lotus Notes they also use Lotus Script (similar to VB) to handle incoming messages. To send messages from the application, the application will activate Lotus Notes windows and populate the mail form with data from the application (Recipients, Subjec...

HELP, How do I share Outlook folders on a local network WITHOUT Exchange server??
If you're talking about Personal Folders in Outlook (PST files), the best thing I can suggest is to locate the folder where the PST file is stored on the host machine, share that folder, and map to that folder from the other PC. Then add the remotely shared PST file to the Outlook profle (accessing the shared file on your network) .. >-----Original Message----- > >. > Unfortunately, Outlook requires exclusive access to PST files, so only one person can have Outlook open to access that file at any time. A good place to start looking for other solutions would be: http:/...

why do my web photos show color contouring in Publisher 2000?
No matter in what resolution I scan photos, and whether or not I compress the in jpeg, when they go on the web they show colour contouring. Yet in Pubisher 2000 they look fine. ...

Outlook Folder Size Help.
I'm wondering if there's a way to export a summary of Outlook subfolders and their size. I know you can check folder size by going to Properties and clicking on the Folder Size button, but I can't sort by size, nor can I export this to a text file. We have a user that is way over his Exchange mailbox limit, and demands that we give him a breakdown of his folders. Unfortunately, he literally has hundreds of subfolders, so browsing through the small folder size window is not an option. Are there any tools or utilities that will report or export the folder size summary? Thanks. ...

Deployment of a Custom Web in CRMROOT\ISV
Hello, I've got a frustrating experience with several CRM 4.0 machines with the newest UR7, when trying to deploy a custom web to Crm 4.0 like CRMROOT/ISV/CompanyName/MyApp. Where MyApp is the root of my custom app. Underneath MyApp is the /bin folder and my own web.config. Crm web server is in On-Premise mode. I followed http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd548493.aspx and assumed that UR7 will deal with it like UR2, mentioned in Condition 2 in this article. Anyway, after deploying my app I always get the following error: "Could not load file or assembly 'MyApp'...

XSD help please

cannot find "Exchange Task" in Active Directory Users and Computers console
I have.. 1st AD - W2k 2nd AD - W2k with Exchange 2K. I cannot find "Exchange Task" in Active Directory Users and Computers console of 1st AD or other workstaions with domain admin pak loaded. I can ONLY perform exchange task on 2nd AD with Exchange. It's so inconvenient. What am I missing here? Thanks Calvin you need to install the ESM on the workstation... "Calvin C." <CChang@mjlm.com> wrote in message news:eF1yHJYrEHA.192@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have.. > 1st AD - W2k > 2nd AD - W2k with Exchange 2K. > > I cannot find "Exchange ...

Formulae Help
Could anyone please tell me, I have developed a worksheet template were I have sourced the data labels in my chart. Sometimes this means 0 is inserted in the chart and I wondered if it was possible when I used the formulae below that I could state that if the source cell equalled 0 then this should not be used. =' Data'!$O$32 Many Thanks in anticipation. How about: =If(' Data'!$O$32=0, "",' Data'!$O$32) Robert Flanagan http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "JEM" <...