help attaching files

Hi...

Using XP Pro and Outlook 2003.

For some odd reason, I am unable to attach files when sending emails.

Click on the 'paperclip', window opens to the My Doc folder.  then when I
click on a sub folder to open, nothing happens... finally, a Microsoft Word
window opens that it is unable to open....

It is almost as if it is trying to launch Word to open the folder...

Help?

Thanks!

--
B'rgds,

Vinnie

0
vinrin571 (35)

FWIW, from the Microsoft side a new Knowledge Base Article (KBA) was
released on Apr 15th.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

It lists two known conflicts so far.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Uncle Vinnie asked:

| Hi...
|
| Using XP Pro and Outlook 2003.
|
| For some odd reason, I am unable to attach files when sending emails.
|
| Click on the 'paperclip', window opens to the My Doc folder.  then
| when I click on a sub folder to open, nothing happens... finally, a
| Microsoft Word window opens that it is unable to open....
|
| It is almost as if it is trying to launch Word to open the folder...
|
| Help?
|
| Thanks!

0
MillyS (3228)
4/23/2006 4:25:09 AM
Milly-

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

This, indeed, might be what's going on....!!!!!!!

--
B'rgds,

Vinnie
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> FWIW, from the Microsoft side a new Knowledge Base Article (KBA) was
> released on Apr 15th.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165
>
> It lists two known conflicts so far.
>

> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Uncle Vinnie asked:
>
> | Hi...
> |
> | Using XP Pro and Outlook 2003.
> |
> | For some odd reason, I am unable to attach files when sending emails.
> |
> | Click on the 'paperclip', window opens to the My Doc folder.  then
> | when I click on a sub folder to open, nothing happens... finally, a
> | Microsoft Word window opens that it is unable to open....
> |
> | It is almost as if it is trying to launch Word to open the folder...
> |
> | Help?
> |
> | Thanks!

0
vinrin571 (35)
4/24/2006 2:03:05 PM
That was it Milly...

Fixed!!!!

Thanks again!

--
B'rgds,

Vinnie
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> FWIW, from the Microsoft side a new Knowledge Base Article (KBA) was
> released on Apr 15th.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165
>
> It lists two known conflicts so far.
>

> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Uncle Vinnie asked:
>
> | Hi...
> |
> | Using XP Pro and Outlook 2003.
> |
> | For some odd reason, I am unable to attach files when sending emails.
> |
> | Click on the 'paperclip', window opens to the My Doc folder.  then
> | when I click on a sub folder to open, nothing happens... finally, a
> | Microsoft Word window opens that it is unable to open....
> |
> | It is almost as if it is trying to launch Word to open the folder...
> |
> | Help?
> |
> | Thanks!

0
vinrin571 (35)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

i want to compress photos in attachment
i want to compress photos in attachment pl. give me some sol. regards www.irfranview.com "compress photos in attachment" <compress photos in attachment@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:738E96D6-F0E2-4FFF-8570-6A8F00E492D1@microsoft.com... :i want to compress photos in attachment : : pl. give me some sol. : : regards On Apr 22, 7:50=A0am, compress photos in attachment <compress photos in attachm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i want to compress photos in attachment > > pl. give me some sol. > > regards...

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Outlook receiving zip files

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Help With Margin Formula

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

Attachments #99
I can only view attachments if I save them first. Who do I change the settings so that I can just open the attachments without saving them first? Justine <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can only view attachments if I save them first. Who do > I change the settings so that I can just open the > attachments without saving them first? What happens when you try? -- Brian Tillman When I try to open an attachment there is a pop up and it only gives me the option of saving the attachment. >-----Original Message----- >Justine <anonymous@discussions.m...

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...