help about accessing deleted items

Hi,
      would any one plz help me to get the deleted item ids from
outlook.
which tool r tech should i use to solve this problem . if there is any
sample code to access the deleted items ids from outlook will be great
help for me to understand.

thanx  in advance .

Best Regards
__

Are you trying to retrieve deleted items? Are you using an Exchange server in
your environment?

--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"aatif.amin@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>       would any one plz help me to get the deleted item ids from
> outlook.
> which tool r tech should i use to solve this problem . if there is any
> sample code to access the deleted items ids from outlook will be great
> help for me to understand.
>
> thanx  in advance .
>
> Best Regards
> __

0
KOrland1 (1012)
2/9/2007 2:49:00 PM
Firstly, you might want to post in one of the dev newsgroups (such as
*.outlook.program_vba) if you are trying to do that programmatically.
If you are trying to access deleted messages using Extended MAPI, the best
bewsgroup is *.programmer.messaging.
Soft deleted messages in Exchange can be accessed only in the online mode if
you specify SHOW_SOFT_DELETES flag when calling
IMAPIFolder::GetContentsTable or GetHierarchyTable in Extended MAPI
(C++/Delphi only).
<plug>You can access soft deleted messages and folders using Redemption (any
language) - see RDOFolder.DeletedItems and RDOFolder2.DeletedFolders:
http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/rdo/RDOFolder.htm </plug>

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

<aatif.amin@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>      would any one plz help me to get the deleted item ids from
> outlook.
> which tool r tech should i use to solve this problem . if there is any
> sample code to access the deleted items ids from outlook will be great
> help for me to understand.
>
> thanx  in advance .
>
> Best Regards
> __

0
dmitry1 (75)
2/9/2007 11:36:47 PM
Yes  i want to retrieve deleted items or deleted item's ID's of
outlook. But i m not using exchange server. We are directly
downloading emails into Outlook from our POP server .
is this possible with extended MAPI? if yes would u plz give some
sample as i m just new to mapi?
Thanx in Advance