Hellp: Orphan Folder - can't get rid of

Hoping that someone can suggest a command line switch or other remedy to get
rid of a empty .pst folder that has apparently been moved, but I can't close
the folder in the outlook folder view bar (I get the message: The operation
failed.  An object could not be found)

Thanks for any suggestions.
--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

0
noThanks8692 (108)

Dab <noThanks@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hoping that someone can suggest a command line switch or other remedy
> to get rid of a empty .pst folder that has apparently been moved, but
> I can't close the folder in the outlook folder view bar (I get the
> message: The operation failed.  An object could not be found)

You'l need to create a new mail profile in Control Panel>Mail.
--
Brian Tillman
0

start --> run --> Outlook /cleanprofile

hope  this helps

Regards

AN.Sudharson

"Dab" <noThanks@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hoping that someone can suggest a command line switch or other remedy to
> get rid of a empty .pst folder that has apparently been moved, but I can't
> close the folder in the outlook folder view bar (I get the message: The
> operation failed.  An object could not be found)
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
> --
> Dab
>
> Cut off: yourhead to respond

0
meetsudhar (181)
5/4/2005 5:54:12 AM
Unfortunately, that didn't work.

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond

"AN" <meetsudhar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> try this:
>
> start --> run --> Outlook /cleanprofile
>
> hope  this helps
>
> Regards
>
> AN.Sudharson
>
> "Dab" <noThanks@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hoping that someone can suggest a command line switch or other remedy to
>> get rid of a empty .pst folder that has apparently been moved, but I
>> can't close the folder in the outlook folder view bar (I get the message:
>> The operation failed.  An object could not be found)
>>
>> Thanks for any suggestions.
>> --
>> Dab
>>
>> Cut off: yourhead to respond

0
noThanks8692 (108)

Get Rich
Take advantage of a great deal ...

How to type e-mail addresses *without* getting hyperlink?
I want to enter e-mail addresses without getting a hyperlink. If I have dozens of e-mail addresses already with hyperlinks, how do I remove the links in mass (I can do it one by one)? See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks.html In article <74ACCE6C-462E-44F4-9696-6F5007A16D74@microsoft.com>, "Jumping Rabbit" <Jumping Rabbit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to enter e-mail addresses without getting a hyperlink. If I have > dozens of e-mail addresses already with hyperlinks, how do I remove the links > in mass (I can do it one by ...

Price History Chart
The data is here in Price History, why can't Money chart it for me? Am I missing something? for Money 2004? The default chart only shows a fixed time. If you right click and add the chart to your favorites, you should be able to customize the date range. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially i...

Exclude one folder in a filesearch
I Have this simple macro that will list all the files in a folder including all the subfolders Sub file_list() With Application.FileSearch ..NewSearch ..LookIn = "C:\My Documents\" ..SearchSubFolders = True ..Filename = "*.*" ..FileType = msoFileTypeAllFiles If .Execute() > 0 Then For I = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Cells(I, 1) = .FoundFiles(I) Next I Else Cells(I, 1) = "No files Found" End If End With End Sub The folder i am looking in being, in this case being C:\My Documents\ has many sub folders. I want it to list the files in all but...

Cannot view picture attachment when put in folder..HELP
I received pictures as an attachment. I wanted to save them so I put them in a created folder. Now when I open the folder and click on the e mail and try to open the attchment their muted and it won't let me click on them. What should I do? Thank you for your help. JOE Joe <jfsa1219@hotmail.com> wrote: > I received pictures as an attachment. I wanted to save them so I put > them in a created folder. Now when I open the folder and click on the > e mail and try to open the attchment their muted and it won't let me > click on them. A Windows or an Outlook folder? ...

Public folders not found in directory
We lost our Exchange 5.5 server's C: drive and had to reinstall Exchange and restore. Now if I double-click on any public folder under Public Information Store > Public Folder Resources I get a message that the object cannot be found (Error ID c1010aae). I can see the public folders in Outlook and can add and remove items from them so the data is there. We have a single site with about 50 users and 35 public folders. Will running the Consistency Adjuster on the Public Information Store fix this? Options: Synchronize with the directory, and reset the home server value etc... plus All...

net folders #5
I am the net folders guru here but I've run up against one I can't solve. Here is the set up - XP Pro originally with XP Office. Uninstalled XP Office & installed Office 2000. Implemented calendar sharing>member receives/accepts>few minutes later member receives notice updates are no longer being sent & sender receives notice there are no members and it has stopped sending updates. I used all the troubleshooting tips under the appropriate section in KB229962 to no avail. Any helpful hints as to what might be going on? Many thanks in advance. Kathy MCP,MCSE ...

Rules / Code On Deleted Items Folder
Is there a way to write a rule, or a piece of code, which runs against the "deleted items" folder and when any message hits that folder it forwards it to mailbox? Thanks. You can write an ItemAdd event handler for the Deleted Items folder using Outlook VBA or a COM addin if you are using Outlook 2000 or later. See this code sample for some VBA that handles ItemAdd in the Inbox, you can see how it would work for the Deleted Items folder: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/zaphtml.htm#cw -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000...

password protect offline folder in outlook 2002
How do I password protect an .ost folder so that when I work offline, I am prompted for my password? Since the OST file is tied to the mailbox, and opening the mailbox is tied to the domain login credentials, you could set up the Exchange server service to prompt for credentials (advanced properties, set logon network security=none). I believe you'd be prompted. However, if you're worried about unauthorized access to your OST file, why not lock your workstation when you're away from it? susan_anderson@mcgraw-hill.com wrote: > How do I password protect an .ost folder so that ...

Macintosh User Get First PC with Outlook
Good afternoon ... this is my first ever newsgroup contact - so be patient. Sorry to bother you but we're looking for some help ... We're PC beginners after nearly 20 years with Macintosh ... when we turned on our Compaq laptop with XP it connected into the network (of 6 macs) and begin searching the net just great with Explorer BUT when we tried to set up our e-mail on Outlook it began struggling hard ... it took forever to open up the application after we restarted ... I undid everything to get us back to square one. What can be done? I'm hoping for Outlook to really hel...

Getting a line chart to NOT plot a zero value
I have a chart that is updated each month with new production figures and a line chart set up to automatically pull the data from the chart and plot it; however, on the months that haven't occurred yet, the line chart is plotting those months as "zero". I've tried setting the "plot empty cells as: not plotted" in tools/options/chart, but that doesn't work. Apparently, because there is a formula in the cell for the future months, it is plotting the zero... What am I missing?! Thanks a ton!! Formulas must return something. "" (which they pre...

When I try to save a workbook, I get the message "document has no.
has no what???? Post your question in the body not the subject. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...

automatically categorize items in folders
Hi I currently sort my email into folders, ie work, home etc. Is there a way of automatically categorizing the items once they are in a folder. thanks tim as in? outlook does not offer such a way, except by rules, but there are 3rd party apps that may do what you want. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/productivity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & ...

Exchange2003 backup folder limits at 2GB
Hi, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition + SP1 Exchange Server 2003 (Version 6.5 Build 7226.6: Service Pack 1) My boss loves to keep all mails in his inbox and its size is around 3GB then my backup software (Legato Networker) cannot backup his mailbox. Legato's support person said that it has to extract every folders to .PST file before backing it up but somehow the limit is still at 2GB. He said that the problem is somewhere on the Exchange engine that it still uses the old version of the .PST Is this true? Is there any method of getting beyond 2GB? Tha...

how do you get rid of the default background of "page 1" in excel
It doesn't give you the option of delete background to clear the default. I tried to add a blank background and that didn't work either; the "page 1" stays on the excel sheet. It blocks view of numbers on the sheet and is very frustrating!! Go back to Normal view: View|Normal It's a feature of View|Page break preview Querty wrote: > > It doesn't give you the option of delete background to clear the default. > I tried to add a blank background and that didn't work either; the "page 1" > stays on the excel sheet. It blocks view of num...

How can I add mail folders from a group policy or script?
Is there a CENTRAL (Not individually in outlook) way to add a folder or sub-folder to users mailboxes? Something that is built in to exchange, free tool, via a script, or a group policy? Is there a CENTRAL way to route inbound mail sent to a users mailbox's into a folder or sub-folders folders based on content? (Not individually in outlook) Like a outlook rule (or filter) but administered globally, perhaps via a group policy or something???? Any such tool will have to connect to each mailbox and add the folder, so it would need such permissions. It is certainly doable. I suggest you st...

Ecplorer's reaction to switch & folder count?
Hi, XP Pro, SP3+ Might anyone be aware how many folders are technically allowed in the root directory of a disk drive? I have a drive D, a separate partition with C that has some 186 objects according to win Explorer's status bar. It is entirely comprised of folders. The shortcut has the correct flags to automatically drop down the contents of the drive when it is opened. As I was rebuilding the machine, all was "normal" and the drive folder dropped down as expected when the shortcut was used. However, by the time I got finished Restoring all the files to it,...

public folder email shows up as "posts" (sometimes)
Hi gang, We just recently did a migration from 5.5 to 2K3. All of our mailboxes have been moved to the new platform, and we have replicas of our public folders configured on both the old and new servers presently. A weird issue I have noticed is that our mail-enabled public folders now have some of their received messages show up as "posts" with the little push pin icon, and some as email with the envelope icon. These are messages coming from the same source on a daily basis, some posts, some mail messages. Not a big deal from a functionality POV, but it's confusing s...

Public Folders -- Unable to set permissions and replicate them to subfolders
I'm trying to give permission to users to read and write to a public folder. I keep getting Access Denied(logged in as Administrator) and Invalid Window Handle. I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Win 2k3 server. Any help would be appriciated. /aerogel On 10 Nov 2005 08:16:14 -0800, "aerogel" <lundholmster@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to give permission to users to read and write to a public >folder. I keep getting Access Denied(logged in as Administrator) and >Invalid Window Handle. I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Win 2k3 >server. >Any help ...

How do you get the toolbar back after it disappears?
The toolbar disappeared. How do I get it back? Which toolbar... Generally speaking you can find most toolbars by selecting Tools -> Customize... Check what you want on the Toolbars Tab -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "confused user" wrote: > The toolbar disappeared. How do I get it back? What happens if you right-click in the area that it normally is in. confused user wrote: > The toolbar disappeared. How do I get it back? ...

Cannot get rid of Acrobat add-on
I have eliminated Adobe's additions to MS Office programs and they duly disappeared from all programs, except from Visio. I physically deleted the file C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\PDFMaker\Office\PDFMVisio.vsl, but now each time I start Visio, I get a warning: "Visio could not find this add-in or one of its files. This feature is not installed. Would you like to install it now?" I haven't been able to find where the add-in definition resides. Can anyone help me get rid of the nagging warning? ...

Exchange 2003 Pickup folder
After upgrading to exchange 2003 sp2 I cannot resumit any message from IMF. It goes from the arcive folder to pickup folder and its staying. Why is not these messages picked up by exchange server? ...

How do i get my multipage publication to print on one page?
I created a custom doc that is 16" x 16". I would like it to scale to fit to an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper for proofreading. How do I do this? Print to a PDF. There are free converters around. Some folks recommend www.primopdf.com If you have Publisher 2007 there is a Microsoft PDF converter add-in. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Erin Heim" <Erin Heim@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

I need help getting started
I have Office 2007 and I am having trouble getting my e-mail address configured with Outlook. I get to the point where they want me to log into the server but when I input my information it doesn't accept it. I don't know what I am doing wrong. PLEASE HELP! "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2745354F-ED15-42A8-B3E5-41286A439EB2@microsoft.com... >I have Office 2007 and I am having trouble getting my e-mail address > configured with Outlook. I get to the point where they want me to log into > the server but when I input my inform...

messages not being moved to my sent items folder
Hello all, and thank you very much in advance for your help. A few days ago, I must have changed a setting or something, because now when I send e-mail in MS Outlook, the e-mails just in my outbox, changing from italicized dated e-mails to e-mails that have no sent date. For a day or so I tried resending these e-mails only to find out they are indeed being sent, but they don't then move to the sent items folder. This is frustrating and urgent, because all my business-tracking of correspondence is done by my dated e-mails that have for years automatically gone into my "sent ite...