Having trouble setting up offline folders with a LAN connection.

I've scoured the Office Help website, and I can't find out how to set up a
connection with my Exchange Server at work from my LAN connection at home.
It seems that all the help files/articles instruct on setting up a dial-up
connection.  Please help.
0
Nitin (7)

Many ports need to be opened in the corporate firewall. It's
better/easy/safer to setup Outlook Web Access to allow you access to your
mail while at home.

"Nitin" <Nitin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've scoured the Office Help website, and I can't find out how to set up a
> connection with my Exchange Server at work from my LAN connection at home.
> It seems that all the help files/articles instruct on setting up a dial-up
> connection.  Please help.

0
vince8328 (2733)
11/22/2005 10:36:37 PM

In news:BE303E76-7563-47E1-A967-3C9EC991472E@microsoft.com,
Nitin <Nitin@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I've scoured the Office Help website, and I can't find out how to set
> up a connection with my Exchange Server at work from my LAN
> connection at home. It seems that all the help files/articles
> instruct on setting up a dial-up connection.  Please help.

Ask your IT staff at work how they would like you to connect remotely. They
should be able to help you out. Much depends on your versions of Outlook,
Exchange, Windows (client), and what they've got open from the Internet.

0
lanwench (7567)

Exclude one folder in a filesearch
I Have this simple macro that will list all the files in a folder including all the subfolders Sub file_list() With Application.FileSearch ..NewSearch ..LookIn = "C:\My Documents\" ..SearchSubFolders = True ..Filename = "*.*" ..FileType = msoFileTypeAllFiles If .Execute() > 0 Then For I = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Cells(I, 1) = .FoundFiles(I) Next I Else Cells(I, 1) = "No files Found" End If End With End Sub The folder i am looking in being, in this case being C:\My Documents\ has many sub folders. I want it to list the files in all but...

OWA connection refused
Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003. New AD domain ("a.local"), but Exchange server is part of an Exchange 5.5 site. So, mail site is one Exchange 5.5 server and one Exchange 2003 server. Single server OWA setup (meaning no front end/back end server configuration). Clients can get to OWA on the 5.5 box (this was set up years ago). All testing being done on local LAN - no firewalls between clients and servers. Any mailbox user on the new Exchange server cannot get to OWA. We put in the local server name ("mail.a.local/exchange") and IP address and get either "the p...

How do I set up a sporadic repeating meeting in outlook
I am trying to work out how to set up a re-occuring meeting in outlook but not one that is re-occuring weekly, monthly etc. Dates are random... Can this be done? By definition recurrences have a pattern, so you don't have one. You may set up what yours is by crating the first one, and then r-click drag and copy to the other dates of interest. Cath1505 wrote: > I am trying to work out how to set up a re-occuring meeting in outlook but > not one that is re-occuring weekly, monthly etc. Dates are random... Can > this be done? You'll need to either make...

Cannot view picture attachment when put in folder..HELP
I received pictures as an attachment. I wanted to save them so I put them in a created folder. Now when I open the folder and click on the e mail and try to open the attchment their muted and it won't let me click on them. What should I do? Thank you for your help. JOE Joe <jfsa1219@hotmail.com> wrote: > I received pictures as an attachment. I wanted to save them so I put > them in a created folder. Now when I open the folder and click on the > e mail and try to open the attchment their muted and it won't let me > click on them. A Windows or an Outlook folder? ...

Public folders not found in directory
We lost our Exchange 5.5 server's C: drive and had to reinstall Exchange and restore. Now if I double-click on any public folder under Public Information Store > Public Folder Resources I get a message that the object cannot be found (Error ID c1010aae). I can see the public folders in Outlook and can add and remove items from them so the data is there. We have a single site with about 50 users and 35 public folders. Will running the Consistency Adjuster on the Public Information Store fix this? Options: Synchronize with the directory, and reset the home server value etc... plus All...

net folders #5
I am the net folders guru here but I've run up against one I can't solve. Here is the set up - XP Pro originally with XP Office. Uninstalled XP Office & installed Office 2000. Implemented calendar sharing>member receives/accepts>few minutes later member receives notice updates are no longer being sent & sender receives notice there are no members and it has stopped sending updates. I used all the troubleshooting tips under the appropriate section in KB229962 to no avail. Any helpful hints as to what might be going on? Many thanks in advance. Kathy MCP,MCSE ...

Rules / Code On Deleted Items Folder
Is there a way to write a rule, or a piece of code, which runs against the "deleted items" folder and when any message hits that folder it forwards it to mailbox? Thanks. You can write an ItemAdd event handler for the Deleted Items folder using Outlook VBA or a COM addin if you are using Outlook 2000 or later. See this code sample for some VBA that handles ItemAdd in the Inbox, you can see how it would work for the Deleted Items folder: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/zaphtml.htm#cw -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000...

password protect offline folder in outlook 2002
How do I password protect an .ost folder so that when I work offline, I am prompted for my password? Since the OST file is tied to the mailbox, and opening the mailbox is tied to the domain login credentials, you could set up the Exchange server service to prompt for credentials (advanced properties, set logon network security=none). I believe you'd be prompted. However, if you're worried about unauthorized access to your OST file, why not lock your workstation when you're away from it? susan_anderson@mcgraw-hill.com wrote: > How do I password protect an .ost folder so that ...

How set the default mode for directories
I am using Office XP on a Win XP pro SP3 based PC. When I want to insert an image from a file, Word opens the directory always in the preview mode, and in the case of directories with many pictures, this can take some moments. I must switch to the list or detail mode everytime. Even if working on the same document, if I insert a second image, Word opens the directory in preview mode. I have tried to set explorer to use details and apply to all directories, but it seems that explorer settings don't affect Word settings. Is there a way to convince my Word to use always the list...

how do i set up multiple calendars in outlook
Do I have to set up different Windows users in order to set up different accounts in Outlook? I want my kids to be able to check their e-mail but I don't necessarily need for them to have their own Windows logon. For Office 2003, create separate profiles and then create separate .pst files. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sharon asked: | Do I have to set up different Windows users in order to set up | diffe...

Reading a specific set of elements from xsd
Hi there, I have an xsd file: <xsd:element name="RESULTS"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="SEARCH_CRITERIA" type="OutputType:SomeType" minOccurs="0"/> <xsd:element name="NAMES" minOccurs="0"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="NAME" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="SOME_ID" type=&q...

Outlook 2003 RPC over HTTP, connectivity error 0x8004011D, SOLVED
Hello: I recently had a problem with Outlook 2003 SP1 connecting to our Exchange 2003 SP1 server, reporting the error "0x8004011D" and was unable to connect. I found many posts out there for this error, but our solution was different so I thought I'd post it. The symptoms were that Outlook would connect to our Exchange 2003 server fine on our LAN. But when connecting remotely using HTTPS over RPC, it would fail to connect and report error number 0x8004011D. After a lot of thorough checking, we found the problem to be simple: the clock on the client PC was off by over 1 1/2 y...

Trouble with vLookup
Not sure if I am using the right formula however this is what I want to achieve. On "Main" spreadsheet I have a long list of Names in column (B:B) - not in assending order and a separate workbook i will call "Data" with similiar names however this list is shorter and does not all included the names in the MAIN spreadsheet - this sheet I have in alphabetical order. vlookup(B:B,C3:F30,4,false) - this didn't work - vlookup(B:B,C3:F30,4) -this worked when B:B was smaller then the array and with both in assending. I want to look up the name in column B "main spre...

Trouble with Outlook Express
I'm having trouble with my palm pilot and my outlook express. Everytime I import or export from one to the other, there is always dupicates of certain names. Does anyone know why this happens? Is there anyway for me to prevent this from happening? If anyone has any helpful tips please respond. Thank you, Stephen This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, and 2003. If you have questions regarding Outlook Express please post your question in one of the applicable groups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplore...

automatically categorize items in folders
Hi I currently sort my email into folders, ie work, home etc. Is there a way of automatically categorizing the items once they are in a folder. thanks tim as in? outlook does not offer such a way, except by rules, but there are 3rd party apps that may do what you want. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/productivity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & ...

Exchange2003 backup folder limits at 2GB
Hi, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition + SP1 Exchange Server 2003 (Version 6.5 Build 7226.6: Service Pack 1) My boss loves to keep all mails in his inbox and its size is around 3GB then my backup software (Legato Networker) cannot backup his mailbox. Legato's support person said that it has to extract every folders to .PST file before backing it up but somehow the limit is still at 2GB. He said that the problem is somewhere on the Exchange engine that it still uses the old version of the .PST Is this true? Is there any method of getting beyond 2GB? Tha...

How can I add mail folders from a group policy or script?
Is there a CENTRAL (Not individually in outlook) way to add a folder or sub-folder to users mailboxes? Something that is built in to exchange, free tool, via a script, or a group policy? Is there a CENTRAL way to route inbound mail sent to a users mailbox's into a folder or sub-folders folders based on content? (Not individually in outlook) Like a outlook rule (or filter) but administered globally, perhaps via a group policy or something???? Any such tool will have to connect to each mailbox and add the folder, so it would need such permissions. It is certainly doable. I suggest you st...

Ecplorer's reaction to switch & folder count?
Hi, XP Pro, SP3+ Might anyone be aware how many folders are technically allowed in the root directory of a disk drive? I have a drive D, a separate partition with C that has some 186 objects according to win Explorer's status bar. It is entirely comprised of folders. The shortcut has the correct flags to automatically drop down the contents of the drive when it is opened. As I was rebuilding the machine, all was "normal" and the drive folder dropped down as expected when the shortcut was used. However, by the time I got finished Restoring all the files to it,...

public folder email shows up as "posts" (sometimes)
Hi gang, We just recently did a migration from 5.5 to 2K3. All of our mailboxes have been moved to the new platform, and we have replicas of our public folders configured on both the old and new servers presently. A weird issue I have noticed is that our mail-enabled public folders now have some of their received messages show up as "posts" with the little push pin icon, and some as email with the envelope icon. These are messages coming from the same source on a daily basis, some posts, some mail messages. Not a big deal from a functionality POV, but it's confusing s...

Public Folders -- Unable to set permissions and replicate them to subfolders
I'm trying to give permission to users to read and write to a public folder. I keep getting Access Denied(logged in as Administrator) and Invalid Window Handle. I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Win 2k3 server. Any help would be appriciated. /aerogel On 10 Nov 2005 08:16:14 -0800, "aerogel" <lundholmster@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to give permission to users to read and write to a public >folder. I keep getting Access Denied(logged in as Administrator) and >Invalid Window Handle. I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Win 2k3 >server. >Any help ...

Setting up tables properly
Hi I have started creating a database and realize that I haven't set it up properly. Currently I have about 10 tables in my database. In each table, I have the Student and Fields included. Some of these tables are currently "Students", "Contact information" (for emergency contacts), "Needs assessment", "General Information" (which includes address), "Courses taken". The reason for this was that I thought I had to create individual tables to reflect a report. By the way, I have already created some forms for this data...

Exchange 2003 Pickup folder
After upgrading to exchange 2003 sp2 I cannot resumit any message from IMF. It goes from the arcive folder to pickup folder and its staying. Why is not these messages picked up by exchange server? ...

trouble with send function
Using Oulook 2000 and Windows 2000. I have the "send" feature on delay -- to send and receive every 10 minutes. After composing a message and clicking on send, the message is supposed to go to the Outbox where its TO and SUBJECT line appear in italics. About 75% of the time, that is exacly what happens. From the outbox I can click on send of off the messages go. However, about 25% of the time the messages in the outbox are not italicized. From the oubox I open them, then click send again, and the still appear in the outbox in normal font. The only way I can successfully send ...

messages not being moved to my sent items folder
Hello all, and thank you very much in advance for your help. A few days ago, I must have changed a setting or something, because now when I send e-mail in MS Outlook, the e-mails just in my outbox, changing from italicized dated e-mails to e-mails that have no sent date. For a day or so I tried resending these e-mails only to find out they are indeed being sent, but they don't then move to the sent items folder. This is frustrating and urgent, because all my business-tracking of correspondence is done by my dated e-mails that have for years automatically gone into my "sent ite...

Orphaned Public Folder
Hello, i have the following problem with exchange 2003 under windows 2003. The Exchange Server had a problem with the public store, it was not passible to recover it. As it was anyway the time i installed Exchange on a new server and moved all mailboxex successfully. Then i took the former exchange server off-line. Now it workes well, a new public folder store is in use etc. The problem is, that the old public folder, which not exists anymore are still displayed in Outlook and esm. I know that these Informations are stored in Active Directory, but how can i delete them? From ESM i ge...