Have E-mails available in 2 Locations to View

Is it possible (and easy) to configure 2 PC's to have the same e-mails?

What I'm think of, instead of synchronizing via a memory stick that I would
share out the "Outlook.pst" file which would be located on PC-1 in
Location-1 over our network, then when I am in my remote location, my PC-2
in location-2 will look at this "Outlook.pst" file, thus having the same
e-mails and not duplicates.

We don't run Windows server just stand alone PC on a peer-to-peer network.

Would what I have detailed above work? I'm just assuming that you can't have
both PC's with Outlook open at the same time

Thanks for any help

0
john5502 (63)

"John" <john@yahoooo.co> wrote in message
> Is it possible (and easy) to configure 2 PC's to have the same e-mails?
>
> What I'm think of, instead of synchronizing via a memory stick that I
> would share out the "Outlook.pst" file which would be located on PC-1 in
> Location-1 over our network, then when I am in my remote location, my PC-2
> in location-2 will look at this "Outlook.pst" file, thus having the same
> e-mails and not duplicates.
>
> We don't run Windows server just stand alone PC on a peer-to-peer network.
>
> Would what I have detailed above work? I'm just assuming that you can't
> have both PC's with Outlook open at the same time

Only one host can have the PST file open at a time.  That is because Outlook
mandates that it must have write-access to the file, and only one process
can have write-access at a time.  If you don't run to run your own mail
server to provide IMAP accounts or collaborative functions then look into
getting an IMAP account with your e-mail provider.

E-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" to Subject.

John <john@yahoooo.co> wrote:

> Is it possible (and easy) to configure 2 PC's to have the same
> e-mails?
> What I'm think of, instead of synchronizing via a memory stick that I
> would share out the "Outlook.pst" file which would be located on PC-1
> in Location-1 over our network, then when I am in my remote location,
> my PC-2 in location-2 will look at this "Outlook.pst" file, thus
> having the same e-mails and not duplicates.

Well, you've described the technique quite well.  Since you seem to
understand the principles, the methodology should be no problem.  Also, it
has been posted in this group many times, by yours truly and others, and
Google Groups can find it for you.

> Would what I have detailed above work? I'm just assuming that you
> can't have both PC's with Outlook open at the same time

Good assumption.  It's true.
--
Brian Tillman

0