greyed out auto text

Created custom toolbar in Word with menu, autotext and email button as
directed in "Quick sales letters for e-mail" demo video, but when I click
email button, new email message appears in Outlook but auto text choices are
greyed out????
Any ideas??
0
Elizabeth (104)

Change font/colours for text in field
tHi, Is it possible to format the text displayed in a field with another font or colour? /Lotten Yes, there are several ways, however, they aren't officially supported by Microsoft as customization points. All the CRM screens and their controls have corresponding cascading style sheets defined in the CRMWeb folder of your CRM installation. There is no central spot for these sheets, and they are distributed amongst the subfolders of this directory. This distribution is arranged by component function. You can add css attributes to color various components in these sheets. You can also...

How can I scan a text form into a fillable word doc?
I have an HP psc 2210xi all-in-one printer/scanner. I am trying to scan an application (job application) onto my pc (Dell - XP operating system) as a fillable usable form that I can make changes to. I am using MS Office suite 2007. Can I do it in word or should it be a different MS Application? Thank you, Cecelala Cecelala wrote: > I have an HP psc 2210xi all-in-one printer/scanner. I am trying to scan an > application (job application) onto my pc (Dell - XP operating system) as a > fillable usable form that I can make changes to. I am using MS Office suite > 2...

text in received emails is very small
A friend has Office 2003 and he uses Outlook. He is an older gentleman who's been running his own business for decades, and he uses Excel with lots of tabs in his worksheets. Here's the situation: In changing his monitor from 800x600 to 1024x768 so he can read more of the Excel tabs, the text in the body of his received emails is very small. Headers and folders are normal as well as typed text in created emails. What gives? Jack Did you check the zoom settings? HTML sizes can be changed on the view menu, plain text in tools, options, mail format, stationery and fonts. Or ...

change color if text is = or not, to text in other column
I am taking practice tests. ColB contains text (the correct answers). ColC contains text (my practice answers). I want the cells in ColC to turn green if my answer is correct (matches the text in ColB) and turn red if it is incorrect (does not match the text in ColB). I can't figure out how to get it to apply Conditional Formating on the columns. It wants me to apply it to only a single cell. I've also tried copying and pasting special just the formatting. It turns the cells in ColC green if they match cell B2 (not the corresponding answer that is in the same row). Please ...

hp920c printer prints only the top half of any most lines of text

Removing deleted text
When I convert an Excel file to Adobe pdf, then use the Adobe searc function, I can sometimes see text in the search window that doesn' appear in the original Excel file or the pdf. Does Excel hang on t deleted text similar to Word and what is the best way to remove it? Thanks Dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It is "a feature, not a bug" <grin>. Surely all you need to do is start typing and the new text overwrite the old -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Pivot Table
In my Pivot Table, I have all the column headers formatted to "wrap text". When I select new data to display in the pivot table, it removes the wrapping on the column headers. I've deselected the AutoFormat Table option, but the behavior continues. Any way around this? You may have to enable selection (From the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Select, and click on Enable Selection) Before formatting cells, instead of selecting the entire column, use the selection feature to select the items in the description field. For example, move the pointer to the top of a column ...

Convert Text in Excel To Word Doc
Copy from Excel. Paste or Paste Special into Word. sunny1 wrote: ...

auto-tabbing
Hi folks! I found the perfect code yesterday for entering survey data and my form seemed to be working was working but now it doesn't. The first field is called "Q_No". In the "On Change" event for this field I have the following: If Len(Me![Q_No].Text) > 2 Then Me![S1S1].SetFocus End If When I enter a 3-digit number into "Q_No" the cursor moves to "S1S1" but it won't let me enter any numbers and the database crashes. If I bypass "Q_No" and enter a number directly into "S1S1" the tab works fine for the rest o...

.LSP text files
In Windows 98, I could search within "all files" and AUTOLISP files would be included in a search for text content in a folder. But now, in Windows XP pro, it will only look for text content within TXT files. So why not LSP? -- ____________________ Bill DeShawn Please reply to group only Thank you http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn Oops. Sorry. Wrong group Please delete/ignore thread. "Bill DeShawn at Gregg Creghton's Office" <bdeshawn@nospam.net> wrote in message news:O%23QEdrJWEHA.1760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > In Windows 98, I could search within &...

Excel 2007
Hello all, I have a little problem to resolve. I have worked on an Excel 2007 sheet and am trying to export it to a tab delimited text file (Save As...) but when the file is exported, and when I open it with a text editor such as Notepad then I view a lot of doublequotes added to some values... Do you have a clue about that ? I'd like to get a text file that has nothing added to it when exporting it... Thanks Excel does what it thinks is right. You could use a macro and write code and have complete control over what you write. Here are three sites that you could steal some code from:...

Saving as text(tab delimited) file
I need to save a worksheet as a text(tab-delimited), but it cannot have the ..txt at the end(e.g., remedy.1996). I know this can be done, because I have one computer that will do this, but the other computer will not, it will save as remedy.1996.txt. This is preventing me from uploading into another program. I cannot see the .txt at the end, until I tried to e-mail the file. As long as it does not have the .txt on the end, I can upload it into a different program. How can I keep the .txt off the end? I use xl2003. I did a file|SaveAs In the "save as type:" box, I chos...

y-axis auto range based on data limits
I have a spread sheet with numerous charts. I need the y axis on the charts to set the minimum appoximately 20% below the lowest data point and set the maximum appoximately 20% above the highest data point. The major unit should be set at appoximately 10% of the entire range of data. The spreadsheets are templates and will have a wide variety data placed into the cells. Calculate the appropriate values in some cells. Use this technique to apply the calculated values to the chart's axis: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mic...

Creating ID with numbers and text
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to Access but I need some help. I need to create an ID number using first 3 letters of a name followed by 3 numbers that create a unique ID. Is there a way of doing this in the expression builder? Many thanks, I don't think so. You would have to use some VBA. In a case like this, it would be better to use two fields; one for the letters and another for the numbers. You can create an index on the two fields. To get the next available number where the 3 letters are the same, you can do something like this: Private Function NextIdNumber() As Long N...

Outlook emails I send or reveive the text becomes bold
When I send an e-mail or receive an e-mail the text switches to bold? ...

Moving text within a multi page linked doc
I have a 60 page document with all text blocks connected and text flowing through. I need to select all text from the last 20 pages, cut and paste it at the beginning of the text. I can't seem to select text on more than one page? Is there a way to select text from page 40 thru page 60, cut from there and past in beginning of text? This is the way I would do it using Publisher 2000. It's ugly but it will work. Make as many of the first (dozen or so) as long and as wide Publisher will allow you. Next, cut or copy the text you want to move and Paste it in the location you w...

auto save in tool menu
In Office 2000 when I set the options in the Excel auto save feature, they only last for that session. Is there any way to make my settings the default? I don't use autosave, but does this help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;231117 XL2000: AutoSave Settings Are Not Retained Between Sessions of Excel 2000 Jim wrote: > > In Office 2000 when I set the options in the Excel auto > save feature, they only last for that session. Is there > any way to make my settings the default? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Numbers as Text
I want to convert the number 12345678, etc. into Text with 10 digits, with leading zeros, when necessary, i.e. 0012345678. I first formatted the 8 digit number to a 10 digit one with the Format Cells Dialog Box (0000000000) and then format it as Text. But whenever I do that, the leading zeros get lost and the values remain numbers! How can I format the Cells that the values remain "0000000000" (=text) Felix In a helper cell............... =TEXT(12345678,"0000000000") Or =TEXT(cellref,"0000000000") Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 20:59:...

Auto-refresh pivot table?
Hi. Is there a way to set up a pivot table so it will automatically update when its source data changes. It seems that by default, I need to explicitly tell it to refresh. Thanks! Ken kk_oop@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi. Is there a way to set up a pivot table so it will automatically > update when its source data changes. It seems that by default, I need > to explicitly tell it to refresh. > > Thanks! > > Ken I'll answer my own question. Enter the following VBA code for the worksheet that contains the pivot table (get to the code by entering alt+F11): Private Sub W...

Auto add to distribution list by subject line
Is there a way to set up the ability to add incoming email address to a distribution list based on the subject line? I don't think natively, you would have to write your own sink or maybe buy some third party software, unfortunately I'm not aware of any of these third party solutions. James Chong MCSE M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com ftp://mail.msexchange911.net/ JP wrote: > Is there a way to set up the ability to add incoming email address to a > distribution list based on the subject line? You want a list server. Build your own: http://www.ftponline...

Auto Accept 2003- Delete Cancelled Meetings?
Is there a way to get autoaccept 2003 to actually delete cancelled meetings from the resource calendar instead of mark them as "deleted" but still leave them in the calendar, occupying free/busy. This is highly annoying! ...

Text in cell #2
I am trying to find out how I can enter text in a cell and then press enter in the same cell to add more text. The keystroke is Alt+Enter to create a paragraph return. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Heather" <Heather @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFFAFA7F-4C45-42A6-96D6-5FB471C82EAA@microsoft.com... > I am trying to find out how I can enter text in a cell and then press enter > in the same cell to add more text. ...

How to change Number to Text
I have this SQL statement select abcdoc.* from abcdoc, order where order.doc_no = 10599 and order.doc_no || '' = abcdoc.record_key and abcdoc.filename = 'order' When I enter it in SQL view in access i get an error "invalid use of vertical bars in query expression" I guess because doc_no is stored as numbers & record_key is stored as text. Please help. || '' Pipes || are how you concantanate data in Oracle. In Access you use the ampersand & character. Even then you would need the || or &, along with the ", on both...

Paste block of text
The existing text in the Word document looks like this: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog and feels as if he were in the seventh heaven of typography together with Hermann Zapf, the most famous artist of the... The block of text to be inserted looks like this: So, fellow citizens, now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country to demand transparency, sovereignty and independence. How do I paste the block of text so the result looks like this? The quick brown fox jumps over So, fellow citizens, now is the the lazy dog and feels as if ...

how do I filter on text format in Excel?
I have a workbook containing text that I wish to filter based on the format of some words. IOW, for instance, all records (rows) with cells containing text of a certain font color, or perhaps characters with the strikethrough mark. I'm relatively familiar with advanced filtering, but this appears to be something requiring a "filter by formula". Does anyone have any experience in this area? It is not in any built in function in Excel only way this would be possible would be to use a UDF (a function written using VBA) in a help column and then filtger on that help column pl...