Going Back to 2003

How do I go back to office 2003.  Too many problems with the beta

--
ray
0

What problems do you have with the beta?
Going back can be as simple as uninstalling 2007 and reinstalling 2003,
but it is also very likely that you'll run into trouble. I'd only go
back if your problems cannot be solved.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"raymi" <raymi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How do I go back to office 2003.  Too many problems with the beta
>
> --
> ray

0
pds-ms (175)
8/2/2006 10:31:27 AM
the best way is to use system restore to roll back then repair the office
install.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"raymi" <raymi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I go back to office 2003.  Too many problems with the beta
>
> --
> ray

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/2/2006 3:34:53 PM
I have tried a system restore (several times to different dates). Each one
has been unsuccesful (unable to restore message).

What can I try next?

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> the best way is to use system restore to roll back then repair the office
> install.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "raymi" <raymi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I go back to office 2003.  Too many problems with the beta
> >
> > --
> > ray

0
RichardC (3)

Outlook 2003, Office 2003 SP1, Now Cannot Access Public Folders
After applying the Office 2003 SP1, we can no longer access public folders. Get error: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The operation failed." We had to uninstall the 2003 Office Suite and reinstall without the SP; then we can access Public Folders again, but the old issues reappear; like the clipart not showing, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks. Brenda Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus nam...

Upgrading from Office XP/2002 to Office 2003
I have a WinXP Pro computer with Office XP(2002) installed, including FrontPage 2002. Office XP has performed flawlessly and has never given me any issues whatsoever (but I need to upgrade Outlook because my PST is too large) I just purchased Office 2003 Professional, which does not contain FrontPage 2003. Can anyone tell me if there would be problems upgrading Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access to Office 2003, but leaving FrontPage at 2002? Any warnings or advice on the upgrade? Thanks!!! No problem to do that at all -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup fo...

Trying to replicate public folders on Exchange 2003
Hi, We need to retire our exchange server and will be building a new one and then moving everything to the new one. According the the KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/#XSLTH3125121122120121120120 we need to replicate the public folders to the new server. According the the instructions, we need to do the following: 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager. 2. If the Display administrative groups option is turned on, expand Administrative Groups, and then expand First Administrative Group (where First Administrative Group...

Money 2003: Change investment type from fund to stock
One of my investments was set up incorrectly as a mutual fund rather than a stock. Now when I sync with my brokerage website, it doesn't find the stock (since Money thinks it's a mutual fund) and it wants to add all the stock shares to my account as new shares. How can I change the investment type from mutual fund to stock from the Investments area? There are no menu options to do so and the online help doesn't provide any clues. I have several years worth of transactions for this stock, so I'd hate to have to re-enter them all. In microsoft.public.money, IanP. wrote: >...

Lost all my data in out look 2003
Very Urgent Situation I have Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Windows XP Pro part of Microsoft Outlook Small Business On the menu bar, I went on HELP then clicked on Detect and Repair. I had a few problems and thought that it would resolve it. Instead after this process, I reopened Outlook and found a fresh new copy of outlook and my all data where vanished. I lost everything: -All my contacts addresses, -All my data appointments etc. on my calendar -All my recent e-mails and saved one and differents created folders in fact everything. How can I retrieve and restore just like it was few hours...

Convert Unix timestamp to Access 2003 data field
I am working with a Remedy HelpDesk system that has an "arrivaltime" field stored as a Unix timestamp that I need to convert to an Access date field to be able to do a report by month (from 1 to 31 Dec for example). Does anyone know an easy way to convert this "arrivaltime" field to an Access date field? nms wrote: >I am working with a Remedy HelpDesk system that has an "arrivaltime" field >stored as a Unix timestamp that I need to convert to an Access date field to >be able to do a report by month (from 1 to 31 Dec for example). Does anyone &g...

Reply button doesn't work in Outlook 2003
I just re-installed Office 2003 on my Windows Server 2003 SP1. Outlook kept refusing to open, wanting to send an error report to Microsoft and then ask to open in safe mode only to refuse to open in Safe Mode as well. So I installed SP1 which didn't help. Then I installed SP2 which fixed that problem. But I cannot reply to any messages. After I open an email I click the Reply but nothing happens. Can anyone help? -- Spin Sounds like office was installed before terminal services. Try uninstalling and reinstalling office. Jeff Pitsch http://www.sbcgatekeeper.com Your Termi...

Outlook 2003 As Default Mail
Currently Outlook Express is designated as the default mail program. How do I undo that and make Outlook 2003 the default setting? I have gone to the Options, in Outlook Express, but it won't let me "un-default" it. And I have gone to Outlook 2003 and made checked it as the default mail program, but when I send a message from OL EXP to OL2003, it still comes to Outlook Express. Thanks Control Panel-> Internet Options-> tab Programs -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 ...

What is the max limit exchange 2003 can send at 1 time?
I seem to be getting cut off at 200 messages through my gfifaxmaker program and I was wondering where I could go to find this setting and change it to a higher limit. microsoft wrote: > I seem to be getting cut off at 200 messages through my gfifaxmaker program > and I was wondering where I could go to find this setting and change it to a > higher limit. That sounds to me like a good thing. --JM Well its not a good thing, I use to be able to send out 2000 faxes from exchange 5.5 and now my distribution list has to be cut into 10 groups instead of having them in one. I ju...

Exchange 2003 Ops...
Hi all, Well, I did a dummy... I installed a brand new SBS 2003 Standard server at a clients office. I also installed Norton AV Corporate 9.0. The system didn't even make it a week before the AV quarantined the e00.log file and a couple of pop3 e-mails that had come in Symantec showed they had the Netsky virus. Another problem, is their is no backup for the machine. The backup tapes arrived today. <Lucky me> I went into Symantic, excluded the directories. Then went and shut down the exchange information store and all other exchange processes, went back to symantec and &quo...

Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 #3
We are planning to upgrade our corporate citrix servers from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. However, we are planning to leave our exchange servers as Exchange 2000 for the time being. Can anyone let me know any obvious pitfalls to this approach - or point me in the direction of any good documentation on the subject? Works fine - we're running XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Pro, SBS 2000 [including Exchange 2000] David "Jo Winchester" <JoWinchester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:682D8EF6-6961-401B-8270-C2A366BCAFD2@microsoft.com... > We are planning ...

Moving Internet mail connector from 5.5 to exchange 2003
PLatforms/Scenario details. -Exchange 2003 E.E SP1 2 node cluster-Back End Server. ref NAme:="Exchange-1" -Exchange 2003 EE SP1 Exchange server acting as SRS (for Co existence with exchange 5.5,since Mail boxes cannot be moved directly to e2k3 clusten ref Name: "Exchange-2" -FE Exchange server -Catering to Extenal OWA & Active sync users.Name: ref "Exchange-3" -Exchange 5.5sp4 ,windows nt4.0 sp6a -Original Mail Server from were mail boxes /public folders were moved to the New Exchange 2003 server(Cluster).Ref Name: "Exchange-4" -Mail Gatew...

Outlook 2003 and Custom forms
Hi, I have many problems with Outlook 2003 and the custom forms ( fmrCache.dat not updated, forms not read ecc.). I want to know if there are fix / patch (italian Language ) to resolve this problem. thanks Claudio Hi, I'd like to get the same fix/patch or script to fix this custom forms issue. BTW Microsoft registry fix isn't working:( Any reply would be appreciated. Vlad >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have many problems with Outlook 2003 and the custom >forms ( fmrCache.dat not updated, forms not read ecc.). >I want to know if there are fix / patch (i...

Why doesn't the 2003 outlook warn you of full mailbox anymore??
the new outlook is not better. It does not warn you of a full mailbox like the old one. the Thesaurus does not replace like it used too, just too darn complicated without the easy stuff! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office...

Payees Duplicated when Upgraded to 2003
The Payees that are set up as Epays were duplicated when I upgraded to Money 2003. How can I combine the Payees that were duplicated back into a single Payee? I have transactions in both Payees and the need to be combined. It won't let me move them. ...

Outlook 2003 backward compatability.....
Outlook 2003 has an annoying bug. When trying to import a .pst made in Outlook 2003 into Outlook 2000, I get the message that it is not compatible. This going to be serious problem in businesses where users move from workstation to workstation. I wonder why Microsoft didn't design Outlook 2003 to be backward compatible.... They did. What you are describing is actually wanting Outlook 2000 to be forward compatible. How can you design a product to be compatible with something that hasn't been designed (invented) yet? Outlook 2003 can handle any pst's created in earlier versi...

Pocket Outlook(Mobile 2003) and Exchange 2000
Hi guys/gals, is there a way for Pocket Outlook on MS Mobile 2003 to communicate with the Exchange Server 2000(not as IMAP/POP3 but full feature of Outlook/Echange-Client)? I know that the Exchange 2003 have that functionality built in but we do not want to upgrade our Exchange 2000 infrastucture as yet. With the above constraint, what option do I have? Is it possible to install exchange server 2003 without using it as a server but just use its functionality as Mobile Access Gateway? Thanks You would be better served asking Exchange related questions in an Exchange group. You could a...

Help with Compile Error in Excel Office 2003
I am not an expert user but I have just upgraded to Office 2003 and a spreadsheet that I have used for some time is giving me the following error:- Compile error in hidden module: DistMon It allows me to carry on and the spreadsheet still seems to work but it is obviously a nuisance. Can anyone help me out here? -- ..... Julian Cann Brisbane Australia Julian, This involves Acrobat, see... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307410 Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Julian Cann" <julianREMOVETHIScann@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1cba...

Excel 2003 versus Excel 2007 calculation speed
I'm running an interesting test on a PC of Excel 2003 and Excel 2007. I ran a Monte Carlo simulation in Excel 2003. The workbook has 50 input cells (cells where random values per distributions are input) and 200 calculation (formula) cells. So, it is basically a small workbook. No conditional formatting. No charts. The VBA code calculates random values per distributions and puts into the input cells. The workbook is then recalculated and the values of the input and output cells (20 of the formula cells) are recorded. Only cell values are recorded - formatting is not set on ...

I can't see anything in my inbox for my pocket PC 2003
Active sync shows message counts going up and down as it syncronizes with Active Sync, but I cannot see any messages to display. Cold restart will show messages, but when I restore from backup, they do not display. I must have set something. Lee Torian <Lee Torian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Active sync shows message counts going up and down as it syncronizes > with Active Sync, but I cannot see any messages to display. Cold > restart will show messages, but when I restore from backup, they do > not display. I must have set something. A better place for this...

Differences b/w 5.5 GAL and Exchange 2003 GAL!??!
We still have an Exchange 5.5 server that runs the SMTP service into our Exchange organization. All email flows through this server, and our Norton AntiVirus email scanner is on this server as well. We also have an Exchange 2003 server that is running an Active Directory Connector to that 5.5 server that is supposed to be allowing changes made in the Exchange 5.5 directory show up in the Active Directory, and vise-versa. For some reason, the "_All Managers" DL on the 5.5 box was missing a user named Carla Fountain, although the Exchange 2003 DL of _All Managers did have ...

Recent Exchange 2003 issues
Hi Everyone I recently installed Exchange 2003 onto our AD domain and now have the following 2 issues When we click on the send/recieve button we get the following message ' Task Microsoft Exchange Server reported error (0x80040107): could not open the item. try again' Also we have setup all Outlook users to point to the new server, then someone will say that they haven't recieved any e-mails for a while and i have to delete their account off of Outlook then add them in again, then all their mail appears, its a bit strange!! Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks ...

***Delete UNREAD email >90 Days (Exchange 2003)
I'm trying to delete all UNREAD emails older then 90 Days. Recipient Policy will only let me select the date but there isn't a selection for UNREAD emails. Exchange 5.5 Cleanup Agent (I think that's what it was called) had a check box for UNREAD emails. Is there way to do this in Exchange 2003, or is there 3rd party app that will do this? Boy I miss Exchange 5.5!!! James jdduong@comcast.net when you create a recipient policy (mailbox-managed), you can set the age in days (i.e. 90 days) and size in KB for all items in the selected folder for which the policy applies t...

Hyperlinks Don't work in SAW VML IFRAME
Visio 2003 Prof 1. Hyperlinks in SAW to VML (no IFRAME) work OK. 2. Hyperlinks in SAW to VML (with IFRAME) do not work OK (blank IFRAME) 3. Hyperlinks in SAW to SVG (no IFRAME) work OK. 4. Hyperlinks in SAW to SVG (with IFRAME) work OK. (Hyerlinks are to other pages within the same document): Above seems to point to the JavaScript functions in the VML format option do not correctly form their hyperlinks when they are within an IFRAME. Has anyone fixed this? Are MS going to fix this? Hi David, You don't list the options you are selecting when using the Visio 2003 Save as Web featu...

Exchange Server 2003
Hi, I keep running out of space on the server (warnings) but want to keep my older mails locally or to store/archive many of my mails locally rather than on the server. Can i do this in MS-Exchange Server 2003, if so how ? if the admin has not disabled psts, go to file, new, outlook data file and create a new pst. move items from the mailbox to the pst. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.out...