getting other folders than inbox synchronized when checking internet mail

I am using Outlook 2002 with Windows XP.
can I download mail messages from an internet based
account (defined as pop3) that are in a folder other than
my inbox?

0
anonymous (74722)

Merrav <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am using Outlook 2002 with Windows XP.
> can I download mail messages from an internet based
> account (defined as pop3) that are in a folder other than
> my inbox?

If you want messages received with another account to go into a folder other
than Inbox, you'll have to create a rule to move them there.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
1/28/2004 5:23:31 PM
Thanks Brian.
I might have not been clear enough, but I meant a
different thing.
what I need is when checking for new mail on my interent
mail account, messages that are in a different folder
then my inbox on my remote account will be downloaded to
(or actually synchronized with) my computer.
hope this makes it clearer,
thanks again,
Merrav.

domain.

>I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for
me.

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/28/2004 6:05:30 PM
Merrav <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I might have not been clear enough, but I meant a
> different thing.
> what I need is when checking for new mail on my interent
> mail account, messages that are in a different folder
> then my inbox on my remote account will be downloaded to
> (or actually synchronized with) my computer.
> hope this makes it clearer,
> thanks again,

POP protocols don't know anything about folders on the server.  IMAP,
however, does.  If your ISP provides an IMAP server, you should be able to
do what you want.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
1/28/2004 8:10:22 PM
Thanks Brian,
it worked using the IMAP protocol.
:)
Merrav.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/7/2004 9:17:28 PM
Merrav <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks Brian,
> it worked using the IMAP protocol.
> :)

I'm glad.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

NumberFormat not getting changing onFly changing the regional sett
Hi Excel experts , Sorry for posting a new question over here. I am having a hard time with one of a Excel related issue. Requirement: 1) User pulls some data ( includes numeric,Date fields ) to excel when he/she is with German OS settings. Date show in following format: dd.mm.yyyy ( eg: 23.09.2010) 2) Now on the fly he/she changes the OS regional settings to En-US 3) Here our code again reformats those columns with current regional settings and polish the data according to its regional settings. 4) In our case all numeric values are getiing changed correctly to the ...

Send mail problem
I have a small (3 computer lan) and am using outlook 97 on the networked computers. The system has worked fine for about four months but recently the networked computers cannot send email. The error: 'No transport provider is available to send to this recipient.' comes back everytime. I'm on DSL with sbcglobal.net and mail from the server works fine. TIA, Jim ...

Change the mail path
My IMAP server is UNIX-based, my e-mail is stored in its own directory in user home directory-for example: ~username/Mail. i have windows -xp in compaq system. which is part of lan. i want to change the path of default mail(i.e where d mails r saved.) please help me out. The instructions gvn in help is not able to help me out. Please guide Thanx in advance../// Raghav wrote: > My IMAP server is UNIX-based, my e-mail is stored in its own directory in > user home directory-for example: ~username/Mail. i have windows -xp in > compaq system. which is part of lan. i want to...

Mail Flow
We are using a smarthost to route our emails through another outing group. The problem is the emails are not routing through the routing group anymore they are going out through to the intended servers. We are on Windows Server 2003 and running exchange 2003 cluster. Any help will help. Not sure what you mean...can you give a clearer picture of your topology, and what you are trying to accomplish? "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote in message news:O5FDFFfOFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > We are using a smarthost to route our emails through another outing group....

Get GUID of device
Does anyone have idea of how to get the GUID (Global Unique Identifier) for a device. ex. harddisk thx. ...

E-mail Filtering
How might I give only a couple of users right to send email to the internet, but allow all to send internal mail? Thanks, Jay http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:283cf01c4643d$9b136a20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How might I give only a couple of users right to send > email to the internet, but allow all to send internal mail? > > Thanks, > Jay ...

undelete or recover a contact or mailing list
It is very easy to unintentionally delete a contact or mailing list in Outlook 2003. Is there any way to recover same? Office 2003 Small Business Ed XP Pro SP1 psa wrote: > It is very easy to unintentionally delete a contact or mailing list in > Outlook > 2003. > > Is there any way to recover same? > > Office 2003 Small Business Ed XP Pro SP1 If you make backups, yes. You should back up all your data, including your PST file(s) regularly anyway. That said, perhaps see http://www.sparnaaij.net/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm Did you look in your D...

mail enabled Public Folder #5
Hello every one, I hope some could help me with the following: Do I have to do any thing special after mail enabling a public folder? I have Mail enabled a Public Folder which has the email Lab@EX.local. But I get nondelivery notice. I am using Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. Appreciate any comments. Set the Anonymous role to at least Contributor for this public folder. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Public Folder" <Public Folder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46F812FE-E236...

Check links #2
Hello, I get this error message when I do a check links in Bank Managment Amount does not match with CB_Distribution FYI we just Upgraded from GP9 to GP10 sp3 Thanks ...

problems navigating to folders
I have a Dell, Win XP SP2, MS Office 2007 Professional, that I am having problems navigating to folders. When I click on "Open" the "Open" box opens but when I click on the "look in" down arrow, the following box opens "Initalizing Folders" box opens, and then when I try to go anywhere else it just sits there. Any suggestions? Follow up: This same action happens in all of Office 2007 products, Word, Access etc. "fbcmusicmark" wrote: > I have a Dell, Win XP SP2, MS Office 2007 Professional, that I am having > problems navigating t...

How to get rid of the backgound color?
Hi! I use excel 97 I took from a CD that was comming with a book an invoice.xls. I finally just kept the desing of the invoice, getting rid of all the macros and other progamming that was making it work. I made my ow boxes and macros. My problem is that there is this dark green background color that don't like. In fact, the hole sheet is that color up to the last colu and row. Also, if I add a new sheet to this .xls, it is all green an without the lines horizontals and verticals. I never found where to change that! Can you help? Alai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum....

Difference between these two PUBLIC FOLDERS
FIRST ORGANIZATION > ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS > FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP > SERVERS > Server name > FIRST STORAGE GROUP > PUBLIC FOLDER STORE > PUBLIC FOLDERS and FIRST ORGANIZATION > ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS > FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP > FOLDERS > PUBLIC FOLDERS What are the difference????? the first one is the folders that exist in that pubic information store...the second one is your entire public folder hierarchy... "Calvin Lai" <Calvin.Lai@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:1ff01a54.0409271350.96236c@posting.google.com... > FIRST ORGANIZATI...

Getting any formula to stop at the next blank space
I frequently write VLOOKUP and SUMIF formulas for my spreadsheets an have found myself typing the same thing over and over. How can I ad in a command that makes each formula stop at the next blank. I als have to make the formula references "absolutes". What I'm wanting t do is copy and paste the same formula down without sacrifices th absolute references -- ajpower ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ajpowers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=940 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showth...

Need better understanding of TRIM so I can get rid of trailing spa
I imported a listof names to creat labels. All columns have trailing spaces. I have imported some into Word then done a relace it worked but it was a not the right solution. I understand TRIM in Excel will get rid of Trailing spaces. The examples HELP gives is not clear to me. Please help me get rid of these trailing spaces. Tom Trim should work, Tom, but it's tough to say without seeing your data. What happens if you open the data directly from Excel? What format is it now? Any txt file opened from Excel should give you delimiter options. Are the number of trailing spaces always ...

how can i Back up folders??
How can I make a backup from folders and other information in outlook, So i can format my computer ? ThanX G'Day 'onymous, You don't tell us what version of Office you use. Go to: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b081f3a-b7d0-4b16-b8af-5a6322f4fd01&displaylang=en This works with OL2000 onward. -- Regards, Pat Garard Australia ______________________________________ Copy your pst-file to your safe location (separate harddisk/partition/USB-memory stick). Then after the format and reinstall of Window and Office connect to it by using File-> O...

Get the file path from Textbox
hello i want to get the path of file from textbox and then attach it to already opened window(it would be a Plugin)i am unable to get is it possible i give file path in Textbox and on clicking a button on form say "Attach it",it attacch file on mail window? thanks -adnan -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

E-Mail being delivered, but disappearing
OK, here we go. Whenever I log onto Outlook and do a send & receive, the status bar shows, for example, "receiving 1 of 5". It then proceeds to progress through the receipt of the five e-mails and finishes. However, when completed, there is no mail in my Inbox! It's not in any other folders either. It's just not there!! I have no rules in to send mail to a folder, and when I log onto the web service, there are no e-mails there, so I can only assume that they are being delivered. Yet, there's nothing in my Inbox. Zip. Zilch. Nothing. It has only recently star...

How do I use a pivot table to get an average count? #2
I have a list of transactions with colum headers of Month, Date, Weekday, Time and the transaction data. I would like to see the average number of transaction per hour per day. Can this be done in a pivot table? ...

Outlook 2002 unable to pull mail after few hours of activity
The Outlook program after running few hours suddenly reterning the error (0x80042108) 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incomming POP3 email server... This error is on my 4 different internet supplier accounts. The only way I can receive e-mail again is to restart the PC. Any suggestion how to fix this problem? Thank you in advance. John Ross ...

Migrating Public Folders #2
I have just got involved in a Migration from EX5.5 to EX2003. 1. AD is clean an all accounts have been manually created not migrated. 2. Company has over 12,000 public folders on EX5.5. 3. I need to migrate mailboxes to EX2003 and connect then to the manually created accounts. 4. Migrate the Public Folders whilst keeping the security.! What is the best method to do this. All migrition tools seem to use sid history etc, obviuosly not an optionhere. I have looked at a util called PFADMIN. Does this export security using display name. If so could this be used to re-assign security on the EX2003....

Two users sharing a computer but not inbox
Hi guys, is it possible, in Outlook 02, for two users to share a computer but be able to send/receive emails from different accounts? Eg: in our restaurant we have one computer. Currently that computer is receiving mail for dine@restaurant but now we want the chef to have his own address, chef@restaurant. However, we want dine@ and chef@ to go to separate inboxes so the manager and chef don't have to sift through unnecessary messages to read their own mail. I have tried setting up the new email address and telling it to put messages in a new data file called chef.pst but this hasn't...

problem with a check-out button
Hi, I have a cart page where I show the selected products and the user must click on a check-out button. When the user clicks the check-out button the program have to hide the panel with the selected products and show a panel with the "thanks for buying" message (and save the data in the database). The problem is that when the user clicks the check-out button for the first time the program saves the data in the database but it doesn't hide the panel with the selected products and it doesn't show the panel with the "thanks for buying" message. But whe...

continually getting send/receive errors using outlook 2002
Does anyone know why I am continually getting send/receive errors when trying to send an e-mail. I can receive e-mails from virtually anybody that is not blocked by Norton Anti-Spam(Norton Internet Security 2005). My account is a pop3 account with the 'Orange' mobile phone network, therefore it has an '@orange.net' address. I have tried 'repairing' outlook from add/remove programs - this did not fix the problem. Neither did uninstalling and re-installing (also from add/remove programs) this time it only allowed me to send a test e-mail to my '@aol.com' ad...

Cannot open Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened
Please advise: This morning I wanted to copy my pst file to laptop -via home network. Outlook hickupped against that. I then made an archive file in same directory and copied that via via to laptop. NO SETTINGS WERE CHANGED. Then I closed doen computer normally. Now, returning home after work, starting Outlook, it gives the message: Unable to open Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened . Can anyone advise me please what I should be doing? thanks magsie Create a new mail profile - yours is now corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to k...

receive mail in Gmail but not in Outlook
I have a Gmail notifier and I also use Outlook. I get my notification of mail in Gmail but it doesn't go into my Outlook. I have configured Gmail to send to Outlook but it doesn't always go. Sometimes I get it, sometimes not. I have Outlook 2007, Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Did you set up an email account in Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly n...