getting message interface error and can't send or receive emails

If I try to move or delete an email I get a message - "The message interface
has returned an unknown error. If this problem persists restart outlook."  I
have restarted outlook several times and also re-booted my PC several times.
Still to no avail I cannot send or receive emails now either.
0
Stolz (1)

While Outlook is closed, rename the Outcmd.dat and *.srs files, then open
Outlook again and see if this helped. If not, please post back.
Also, please post what version of Outlook you're using. If you have reached
the limit on your PST, that could cause the error as well.
--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Anna @ Stolz" wrote:

> If I try to move or delete an email I get a message - "The message interface
> has returned an unknown error. If this problem persists restart outlook."  I
> have restarted outlook several times and also re-booted my PC several times.
> Still to no avail I cannot send or receive emails now either.
0
KOrland1 (1012)
12/8/2005 2:46:04 PM
Renamed the dat and srs files, still getting  the "unkown error" message.
What can I do if the limit of the PST is reached?

K.Haaland

K. Orland skrev:

> While Outlook is closed, rename the Outcmd.dat and *.srs files, then open
> Outlook again and see if this helped. If not, please post back.
> Also, please post what version of Outlook you're using. If you have reached
> the limit on your PST, that could cause the error as well.
> --
> Kathleen Orland
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>

> "Anna @ Stolz" wrote:
>
> > If I try to move or delete an email I get a message - "The message interface
> > has returned an unknown error. If this problem persists restart outlook."  I
> > have restarted outlook several times and also re-booted my PC several times.
> > Still to no avail I cannot send or receive emails now either.
0
Haaland (1)
12/8/2005 5:46:02 PM
Out of curiosity, what version of Outlook are you using and what email
environment are you in (Exchange, POP3, etc.)?
--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"K Haaland" wrote:

> Renamed the dat and srs files, still getting  the "unkown error" message.
> What can I do if the limit of the PST is reached?
>
> K.Haaland
>
> K. Orland skrev:
>
> > While Outlook is closed, rename the Outcmd.dat and *.srs files, then open
> > Outlook again and see if this helped. If not, please post back.
> > Also, please post what version of Outlook you're using. If you have reached
> > the limit on your PST, that could cause the error as well.
> > --
> > Kathleen Orland
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >

> > "Anna @ Stolz" wrote:
> >
> > > If I try to move or delete an email I get a message - "The message interface
> > > has returned an unknown error. If this problem persists restart outlook."  I
> > > have restarted outlook several times and also re-booted my PC several times.
> > > Still to no avail I cannot send or receive emails now either.
0
KOrland1 (1012)
12/8/2005 6:26:07 PM
Sorry, but I cant find out what verson of Outlook this is.
The mail environment is POP3.

K. Orland skrev:

> Out of curiosity, what version of Outlook are you using and what email
> environment are you in (Exchange, POP3, etc.)?
> --
> Kathleen Orland
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>

> "K Haaland" wrote:
>
> > Renamed the dat and srs files, still getting  the "unkown error" message.
> > What can I do if the limit of the PST is reached?
> >
> > K.Haaland
> >
> > K. Orland skrev:
> >
> > > While Outlook is closed, rename the Outcmd.dat and *.srs files, then open
> > > Outlook again and see if this helped. If not, please post back.
> > > Also, please post what version of Outlook you're using. If you have reached
> > > the limit on your PST, that could cause the error as well.
> > > --
> > > Kathleen Orland
> > > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > > http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> > > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com

0
KHaaland (1)
12/8/2005 6:37:02 PM
K Haaland <KHaaland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Sorry, but I cant find out what verson of Outlook this is.

For nearly every Windows application in existence, Help>About tells you what
version it is.
--
Brian Tillman

0