getting calendar event reminder for deleted event

I keep getting a reminder for an event that has been deleted from my
calendar in Outlook 2002.  The event is past due but has been deleted
so I get an error message saying there has been an error dismissing the
reminder.

How can I repair this? I've tried running Scanpst.exe but no joy.

 thanks,
Larry

larry.no...@gmail.com wrote:
> I keep getting a reminder for an event that has been deleted from my
> calendar in Outlook 2002.  The event is past due but has been deleted
> so I get an error message saying there has been an error dismissing the
> reminder.
>
> How can I repair this? I've tried running Scanpst.exe but no joy.
>
>  thanks,
> Larry
Oh, I also tried the 'Detect and Repair' function in Outlook and it
didn't fix the problem either.

Larry

try opening outlook with the cleanreminders switch.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

<larry.nolan@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting a reminder for an event that has been deleted from my
> calendar in Outlook 2002.  The event is past due but has been deleted
> so I get an error message saying there has been an error dismissing the
> reminder.
>
> How can I repair this? I've tried running Scanpst.exe but no joy.
>
> thanks,
> Larry

0
outlookmvp (5838)
9/4/2006 3:05:21 AM
Diane,
 that seems to have fixed the error.  Thanks very much.

 Larry

>Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
> try opening outlook with the cleanreminders switch.
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> <larry.nolan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I keep getting a reminder for an event that has been deleted from my
> > calendar in Outlook 2002.  The event is past due but has been deleted
> > so I get an error message saying there has been an error dismissing the
> > reminder.
> >
> > How can I repair this? I've tried running Scanpst.exe but no joy.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Larry

Keep getting errors when setting up account, not sure what to put
I have tried so many ways, changing it from Live.com to Live.co.uk, tick the authentication box and unticking, putting pop and pop3, using capitals and using small key, but nothing is working . But keep getting errors, if its not saying the one below it says it cant connect to server port hole or something HELP The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-ma...

Save reminder when closing a file
We have an excel sheet we use to keep track of our purchase order numbers. One of our users inputted several entries and then forgot to save them. We want to avoid this situation but do not want to enable autosave. My question is a short one. Is it possible to create a custom message, warning users to save this sheet before exiting? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi I am a little confused beca...

How to auto delete a CAsyncMonikerFile object?
Hi, I am using a class derived from CAsyncMonikerFile in my app. I'd like to find some way to let the object delete itself when the download is over or error happens. For example, I want to write code like below: CMyAsyncFile* pFile = CMyAsyncFile; pFile->m_bAutoDelete = TRUE; pFile->Download("http://www.abc.com/a.zip"); The problem is I don't know where is the proper place to put "delete this" in my derived class. I tried to put it into my OnStopBinding(), like this void CMyAsyncFile::OnStopBinding(HRESULT hresult, LPCTSTR szError) { CAsyncMonikerFile...

How do I delete rows based upon the content (without sorting the .
After importing an ASCII print file, I'm now trying to get rid of the headers and footers. Any suggestions on how to do this in a automated fashion? Try something like this: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=20 **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "cev" <cev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C114D60-7FED-4B5E-BDCE-96F803BC83E5@microsoft.com... > After importing an ASCII print file, I'm now trying to get rid of the headers > and ...

Exporting to excel: Is it possible to delete data in worksheet fir
Hi, Is it possible to delete the data contained in an excel worksheet from Access? Per TGW: >Hi, > >Is it possible to delete the data contained in an excel worksheet from Access? Yes, but you may be facing a substantial learning curve bc it would have tb done via VBA code. -- PeteCresswell ...

How do I get exclusive rights to the database?
I am just writing a report using Access and have an easy question. I have concatenated two fields in a expression: field1&". "&field2. field1 is text, field2 is expanding memo field. They are the name of an item, followed by the description of an item for a silent auction. Because space in my program is at a premium, I need the description to follow the item name and then continue down below the item name. Is it possible to have field1 in bold font and field2 in normal font? If not, is there a way to do that? Thanks for your help and cheers -- "Liz Ba...

Bug in calendar for repeating events?
I have tried to set an event to occur on the second Thursday of each month. The first instance is correct after that they appear as the second Wednesday. The fix is to ask for the second Friday and then it appears as Thursday. Is it just me or is this a bug? It's a bug that has reportedly been fixed in Wave 4. It only affects some users whose system First Day of the Week is different from what Windows Live Mail thinks it ought to be. Where are you located? There is a workaround that involves altering a registry entry (because the First Day of the Week property isn...

Grouping and Sorting a Report On Open Event
I want to use a single report with pre-defined Group and Sort criteria and then Group/Sort on different Group Levels ( some or all groups). The following code works but gives me an Enter a Parameter False when running report. How do I turn off or suspend levels of Grouping rather than = False? If I remove the ControlSource.False, the reports grouops on three levels and not one as desired. Any help appreciated. Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo Report_Open_Err DoCmd.ShowToolbar "iTurns Command Bar", acToolbarNo Select Case Forms!Print...

Why do my attachments get inserted into the text window?
When I insert a file into an outgoing email in outlook, the attachment gets automatically place within my text box. How do I make them show up above the text window (below the bcc box)? Use Plain Text or HTML - Rich Text Format places the attachment where = your cursor is. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, eagle@premier asked: | When I insert a file into an outgoing email in outlook, the | attachment gets au...

Outlook 2k is getting Runtime error
How doing you fix the above? ...

Getting rid of border around ActiveX control
Hello, I write an ActiveX control that automates MS Word. Specifically, the control embeds MS Word into a PowerPoint presentation. The problem that I faced is a thin border around the control when the presentation is run. I need to get rid of it so that there are no any borders around the control. I have tried to resize the control by calling the main frame's MoveWindow hoping the border will move out of the visible area, but the border still persists. Apparently, the border has nothing to do with the main frame. So the question is - how to get rid of this border? Thanks in advance. Denn...

publisher calendar wizard
I'm trying to create a calendar that repeats monthly events with very little change (other than the dates). Once I do modifications to the wizard, I cannot apply those changes to the next months--whenever I change the dates for the next month, it reverts back to the original wizard format. How can I transfer all the reoccuring events to the next month without loosing the changes I made to the template? ...

Installing publisher 2002 and get error 1335
Recently replaced hard drive and had to re-install Office XP Professional 2002. It works but when I try install my Publisher 2002 I get error 1335 The cabinet file 'office1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and can not be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM or a problem with this package. I have checked and updated the Office xp and still get the error. Any help would be greatly appreciated. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314810 OFF: Error Message During Installation: Error 1335 - Cannot Copy Cab File...

Window Messages Not Getting Processed in Vista With UAC ON in Win32
I have to close "OnScreen Key Board" Which can be accesed through All Programs->Accesesories->Ease of Access (in Vista) when i find the class name using Spy++ i Get information as Cass Name As "OSKMainClass" and caption as "On-Screen Keyboard" If I try to close this window through Win32 applcication i am getting valid handle but when i send WM_QUIT its's not getting closed. Even if i try to hide using ShowWindow(hwnd, SW_HIDE) method it's not hiding (i.e Any Messages are Not Getting Processed ) and i get Error code As 5 (i.e. Access Denied). this...

Every morning my user preferences are deleted. Why?
I just upgraded my computer to windows 7. I'm using Outlook 2007. My favorite folders deletes every morning. My "insert - > quickparts" is deleted. What is going on and how to i make it stop. It's wasting my time! Are other settings in Windows also deleted every time? If so, create a new user profile in Windows. If it is only these 2 things, than it could be that you have shutdown issues with Outlook (not uncommon when you did an in-place upgrade). Do you close Outlook before shutting down your PC? Does the outlook.exe process also actually quits? Anythin...

How do I get Publisher 2003?
How do I purchase Publisher 2003? Every time I click "buy" on the Publisher 2003 site, OFFICE 2007 offers pop up. I don't want Office 2007. RobW wrote: > How do I purchase Publisher 2003? Every time I click "buy" on the > Publisher 2003 site, OFFICE 2007 offers pop up. I don't want Office > 2007. =============================== Try other retailers...and if you cannot find Pub2003...eBay is usually a good source for outdated software. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl....

calendar help
Hello my co is running exch2k3 sp1 with mix of 2k, 2002, XP outlook clients. have a user who tries to sched meetings with 20 coworkers. she can only see half their free/busy--the other half return /////lines. when stries to schedule a resource she gets the same //// for one conf room and the other conf rooms show free.busy ok but when she tries to send meeting--seh gets error that object was not found regardless of which room. her shared admin asst can perform these tasks just fine with same rooms, same users. have cleaned free/busy, have created new profile, have repaired office, have...

How do I get Publisher 2003 to have same wordart as Publish 2000? #2
I preferr the wordart in Publisher 2000, and want to know is there a way to configure Publisher 2003 so that the wordart is the same as in Publisher 2000. ...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home
Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://ukfullenjoy.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Mail automatically deleted
I just signed up with a company that sends me regular emails that are automatically deleted. I don't find their address in my Junk mail list of addresses. Nor do I find anything in my rules that would delete these emails. This company is large and reputable. I would assume they would know not to put anything in the subject that would cause the email to appear to be junk. How can I track down this problem? Thanks. I'm using Outlook 2000 and XP. Bob How do you know that the email is being sent and then received by your system? Is the mail deleted or is it moved to your...

getting the current user access details
Within the context of an application I have to test the user's privileges, such as read/write access to folders, drives, etc. are there any API functions that return this type of information such access and so on. I do not want to modify the user's privileges, I just want to see if the user has access to read/write priveleges on a pc. ...

getting a y-value from a graph knowing the corresponding x-value
if you have a graph with three points plotted [(x1,y1),(x2,y2),(x3,y3)], can excel find y4 if you know the corresponding x4? -- lsu-i-like ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lsu-i-like's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14317 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392733 You could use FORECAST() or TREND() to predict the y-value assuming that the points can be approximated by a straight line. You could use FORECAST() to predict the y-value assuming that the points can be ap...

Does anyone know how to get Crystal Reports 8.5 to work on Pervasive SQL.2000i
We're having major problems connecting. For some reason we can't get the ODBC to work. Any Help would be appreciated. I posted a few days ago. If you can help at all, or point me to where I can go, I'd really appreciate it. Julie julietta, What have you tried so far? ave you contacted support? Did you generate your DDF files? send me an email with your contact info and I'll try to help. HS "julietta carpentieri" <potato@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:mrhfr093iddrutcga275di30gfh28l13ca@4ax.com... > We're having major problems connecting. For s...

Turn reminders into taks and Outlook reminders in folders
2 quick questions: Setting up reminders is so much easier that setting up tasks. I want to be able to set a reminder and have that become a task right away. Anyone know If I can't do that I'd at least want to know how to set it up so my Outlook reminders work when I move my emails into folders Thanks for your help.... James Both of the things you ask for are there in Outlook 2007. For earlier versions you'd have to drag the flagged item to the Tasks folder to auto-create a task item and you'd have to use a 3rd party addin to get reminders from folders other than Inbox,...

Delete Contract Lines
Hi Guys Is their a way to delete contract lines from a contract that is in a draft status? If not what is the best way forward when a contract line has been inserted that should not be their? Thanks ...