getting added to other peoples meetings in shared calendar

I opened shared calendars in my group by choosing their name and then the
email messages went out giving them access to my calendar and requesting to
view theirs.   Ever since, I have been copied in as a "required attendee" on
all meetings for everyone.  I get the calendar items on my calendar and
emails requesting Accept or Decline in my inbox.  When others view view thru
their outlook, they do not see me as a required attendee?  What am I doing
wrong?
0
sgriff (2)

are you adding them as delegates or just giving them permission to view the
calendar (by right clicking on the calendar folder changing the permissions)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"sgriff" <sgriff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I opened shared calendars in my group by choosing their name and then the
> email messages went out giving them access to my calendar and requesting
> view theirs.   Ever since, I have been copied in as a "required attendee"
> on
> all meetings for everyone.  I get the calendar items on my calendar and
> emails requesting Accept or Decline in my inbox.  When others view view
> thru
> their outlook, they do not see me as a required attendee?  What am I doing
> wrong?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/30/2007 9:59:05 PM
I selected "share my calendar", in the email window I selected to person's
name from the list, selected the boxes for "allow recipient to view" and
"request to view recipients calender, then hit send.

I did not change permissions.  I don't see access to permissions as you've
described.  Is this possibly different for for 2007 SBE?

"Diane Poremsky" wrote:

> are you adding them as delegates or just giving them permission to view the
> calendar (by right clicking on the calendar folder changing the permissions)
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "sgriff" <sgriff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I opened shared calendars in my group by choosing their name and then the
> > email messages went out giving them access to my calendar and requesting
> > view theirs.   Ever since, I have been copied in as a "required attendee"
> > on
> > all meetings for everyone.  I get the calendar items on my calendar and
> > emails requesting Accept or Decline in my inbox.  When others view view
> > thru
> > their outlook, they do not see me as a required attendee?  What am I doing
> > wrong?

0
sgriff (2)

Delegate cannot accept meeting requests
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange We have an assistant who is set up as a delegate for several calendar accounts. All of the rights are set up the same. For one of the calendars she cannot accept, the choices are grayed out and it says on the bar below...you need to be set up as a delegate. I double-checked and the person is listed in the list of delegates. All the other shared calendars are working fine. Has anyone else experienced this? I've got a user in the same boat. The delegation was working fine, but I had to re...

Office 2010 Beta Google Calendar Sync Error Message
Could Not Connect to Microsoft Outlook error-2146959355. I would like to use Outlook 2010 Beta if only I can sync with Google Calendar..... Idon't have exchange server capabilities, camll business. Any suggestions or work arounds would be appreciated. Wouldn't that be a question for Google? "JacobTaylor" <JacobTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24FC62DD-CA9C-4B8A-90AB-B8B0A49578C3@microsoft.com... : Could Not Connect to Microsoft Outlook error-2146959355. : : I would like to use Outlook 2010 Beta if only I can sync with Google ...

Entry in Outlook Shared Calendar goes into all Calendars
Hi everyone! We are using Outlook with an Exchange Server. Several users have shared their calendar(s), and it is the job of the company secretary to enter information into those users' calendars. She can open the other users shared calendars just fine. However, when she enters an appointment in one of the shared calendars, it shows up in ALL the shared calendars. She is using Outlook 2007. Can anyone advise on what might be going wrong? Is there a setting that I need to change? Is it possible for a user to manage other users caledars in this way? I am continuing t...

Adding (2) Many-to-one relationships with the same primary entity
I have created a custom entity, projects and I need to have several lookup fields within in such as Engineer, Architect, Customer, etc. All of these fields point to the ACCOUNT entity to lookup the company that the project is associated with. The problem I am having is that I cannot add any more than one relationship that uses account as the primary entity (i.e. a many to one relationship). Whenever I try to make the relationship I get this error: "This relationship cannot be created because only one relationship can be cascading the same related entity" Any suggestions? ...

IStream: How to get rid of it?
I have been given a fairly large library to incorporate into an MFC app. The code is written in C, is part of some support for an embedded system, and has a typedef named IStream (and another called OStream). However, it will not work with MFC, because SOMEWHERE (unlocatable after a couple hours) there is some interface type called IStream, which is apparently related to XML, or SOAP, or something like that. I will not be using anything that uses MFC "IStream", but I doubt I will be able to get the client to change thousands of lines of code and hundreds of pages of documentation to...

How do I get a list button to be displayed?
I've Created a List but when the cell is not selected the button does not appear therefore it's dificult to remeber where the list is.... color code it? "Phil" wrote: > I've Created a List but when the cell is not selected the button does not > appear therefore it's dificult to remeber where the list is.... > > Yes tried that and of course I can then see where the list is but is there an option where u can select that the buttons remain in view ( a bit like filers...) thanks "Mike" wrote: > color code it? > > "Phil&q...

How do i get Harvard style referencing in word 2007?
Hi, I am currently writing my Dissertation for my University Degree. I have found the citation feature extreamly usefull as it automaticaly adds the referencing to my work. However, after speaking to my project supervisor, she has informed me that the citation style will not be acceptable as it is not "Harvard" style. I was wondering if there is an update that i can download to enable to have harvard style referencing in my work. I would apreciate any help that you can give. Thank you I suggest you speak again with your supervisor as there is no such thing as ...

Rules On Shared Mailbox
I have a situation where we have a shared mailbox that three users all use. I am wanting to setup rules for incoming messages for each user so the messages will be automatically moved to "their" folder in that mailbox. I know how to set up individual rules on each user's PST, but can I add a rule to the shared drive that would be shared between the three users so all they would need to do is to open the mailbox and their folder for all new messages going to them? Is this possible in this type scenario. I have them setup on my own PST, but want to set them up once on...

contact dates into calendar
Is there a way to import birthdates out of the contacts (contacts were imported from a spreadsheet) into the calendar with the contact name so that they can be set up to "announce" upcoming birthdays with the alert function? This looks like it might help: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/remindbday.htm -- ~jason k "Joe Varga" <joe.varga@us.army.mil> wrote in message news:013601c3cf69$6ce15bd0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to import birthdates out of the contacts > (contacts were imported from a spreadsheet) into the > calendar with the contact...

Getting double entries
I'm using Outlook Express ( I know I could do better, but no time, and I did look for an OE newsgroup, didn't find)) I'm getting double entries of some, but not all incoming emails. I used to know how to correct, but don't remember how. Can anyone help, please? Sylvia M. Sylvia M wrote: > I'm using Outlook Express > ( I know I could do better, but no time, and I did look for an OE > newsgroup, didn't find)) > I'm getting double entries of some, but not all incoming emails. > I used to know how to correct, but don't remember ho...

Outlook 2007 Calendar
My outlook Calendar does not retain past appointments, etc. for more then a month . What am I doing wrong? I need to keep a record of the past appointments on this calendar. I do download it to a blackberry however I have set the phone to not delete these items but it still attempt to Help.-- jk905 ...

Will new fields get upgraded?
Suppose I create a new field for an object, using Schema Manager. Will this field be updated when I upgrade my CRM to the next version? Thanks you mean, will it carry over? then yes -Gary "nsj" <nitya@interness.com> wrote in message news:uAsHYciLEHA.128@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Suppose I create a new field for an object, using Schema Manager. Will this > field be updated when I upgrade my CRM to the next version? > > Thanks > > Thanks Gary. What if Microsoft changes the attributes of a particular object in a future release and we are using that part...

CFindFile in password protected share
How can I utilize CFindFile to find a file in a password protected share? If it is not possible, are there any alternate functions or classes I can use to find files matching a file extension mask in a password protected directory/share? Thanks Jonathan ...

Selling mutual fund shares
Hi, I'm buying a mutual fund on a monthly basis. I recorded accuratly all transactions in Money. In one of the investment report where you can find the average basis cost (important if you use the average basis method for tax calculations), I was always able to match the average with a good old Excel spreadsheet. Now, I just sold a few units of the fund. When I entered the transaction, Money asked me which method I would like to use: I chose the average basis cost. According to the IRS.gov web site, for the "Remaining shares: The average basis of the shares you still hold af...

Getting email statistics from email files
Is there are way to sort emails and get reports of the totals of emails received by subject, sender, date, etc? I cannot find a way using Outlook. I tried exporting emails to Access, but the date does not even export. Are there 3rd party programs that can do that? Thanks Don ...

How to share com component between C# and VBA
Hi All, Have a C# app which makes a call to VBA macro using in-memory excel. I am unable to share the data between C# and VBA macro by using the same COM component. Both C# and VBA invoked this COM component through interop layer. Please advise. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Using SQL Server Notification Services Platform http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ecbc1965-42af-4376-b400-4aae5e12f872/using-sql-server-notifica.aspx "Sridhar Yada" wrote in message news:201011193338sridhar.yada@nomura.com... > Please advi...

Calendar & Contact
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C93539.2259FAA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Using Win XP SP3, Outlook 2002 SP3. =20 If I input a birthday and anniversary under the Contact> Details info, = it automatically shows in the Calendar, but if I manually enter the = birthday and anniversary in calendar it does not show in contact. Is = there a way to capture the info from calendar to contact>Detals? Thanks. Carlos ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C93539.2259FAA0 Content-Type: text/ht...

Getting a file and Saving a File
Is it possible to open a file, format it's contents and output the result to another file? (I need to automate the formatting of hundreds of files in this manner, don't want to do it manually!) Cheers -- carl0s66 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ carl0s66's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16620 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=320067 The answer is "yes" with conditions. Are all the files Excel? Do they all receive the same formatting treatment? Most...

Permissions on exchange for calendar
Hi all I have an interesting problem with calendar on Exchange 2000/outlook xp client. I have one group which I'll need to access a designated resource (a conference room) as clients and another group which cannot have access to book the resource. I have no problems with the access group. I'm able to prevent the no-access group from booking the resource if they book the resource as a "resource". If they should invite the resource as "required" instead , they can tentatively book the resource, and a message sits in the resource inbox waiting for an administrator to...

Sharing PST or Outlook Data Files
After posting a note saying how I exported the Outlook data from the desktop PC to a back up PST file then importing that into Outlook on my laptop, people posted a link to a program called "OutlookSync". I downloaded it and installed it on both computers. I then ran it on both computers to initialise the programs. I then ran "Sync" on the PC. It created a database file which I then copied to the directory where the sync prog is installed on the laptop. I ran it and "Sync'ed" it. It seems to be working. I presume that when I work on the laptop that if I ma...

Merging workbooks that weren't "shared workbooks"
I've got a problem in that one person in the organization, working independently, has been making data changes in an older version of the workbook (note that this was NOT a shared workbook). He happens to be the boss, so that his changes must be adopted. I have been asked to merge his data changes into the most recent version of the workbook. I fear that Excel's merge function would not work here and that I'll have to resort to the good ole' cut 'n paste technique. Any other suggestions? Hi you may have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm look f...

How do you get the look of "faded-out" edges for a photo?
Trying to make a business card and would like to have my photo fade out at the edges. Can this be done in publisher? Thanks, kari wrote: > Trying to make a business card and would like to have my photo fade > out at the edges. Can this be done in publisher? > > Thanks, ================================ Best bet would be prepare the photo in an image editing program before inserting it into the Publisher document. The downloadable 60 day trial version of Digital Image Suite can do it quite easily. Just open the image in the progam and go to...Effects / Edges / Soft...drag the sl...

Not getting HDN_BEGINTRACK ?
Hi: Anyone knows if there some trick to process HDN_BEGINTRACK or HDN_TRACK message? I have mapped the message with corresponding handler but the handler function never got called. Thanks for any input. Polaris ...

Adding conditions to sales reports
For accounting reasons, our parent company needs to know the amount of sales made to employees of our store. I thought I had this figured out with a SQL query (see below) but it turns out the numbers from my query are very different from the numbers returned to the Sales > Top Customers report. Is there a way to run the Top Customers report, but adding a condition (not in the filter option list) to include only rows where Customer.Employee = 1? I appreciate any tips. Here's my SQL, maybe there's something easily seen that I missed... SELECT c.LastName + ', ' + c.Firs...

How do I get info on using list builder
are there classes I can take or somewhere I can access extra info b4 I sign up? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011109511033.aspx -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mike R" <Mike R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A44E94C-15D1-4430-8132-D33B543EE295@microsoft.com... > are there classes I can take or somewhere I can access extra info b4 I > sign up? Been there, really does not have a "training module" for list builder. There are alot of issues with list builder type products like constant contact, I would like...