Get Contacts list to show up in the To: window in email

Just copied my Office 2000 Outlook .pst folder onto a new
computer. My email is there, my Contacts are there, but
the contacts list is empty when I click the To: option
when trying to send email.

How do I get access to contacts from email?

Driving me nuts. Would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Would appreciate knowing current Outlook version and mail support mode so we
can answer.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just copied my Office 2000 Outlook .pst folder onto a new
> computer. My email is there, my Contacts are there, but
> the contacts list is empty when I click the To: option
> when trying to send email.
>
> How do I get access to contacts from email?
>
> Driving me nuts. Would appreciate suggestions.
>

> Thanks

0
russval (3097)
11/21/2003 4:07:35 AM
Have you added the folder as an Address Book (right click on folder,
Properties, Outlook Address Book, make sure the box is checked)?  That will
work for most current versions.  If you are running on Exchange, you may
have to get the System Admin to turn on that feature.

"Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Just copied my Office 2000 Outlook .pst folder onto a new
computer. My email is there, my Contacts are there, but
the contacts list is empty when I click the To: option
when trying to send email.

How do I get access to contacts from email?

Driving me nuts. Would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks

0
kfb1 (138)

NDRs forwarding to external contact

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

POST or GET?

"View Image Slide Show"

invalid email address

how to find an item in a list control?

contact list #13

outlook 97 and express email problems

Having problem with spoofing email

get a result of an sql into a field

Contacts in Exchange #2

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Emails #3

is PHStat available and if so how do I get to it
I need help asap Tamika - > I need help asap < PHStat is Prentice Hall's statistical add-in for Excel. It's usually on the CD that's included with the textbook. For more info, try www.prenhall.com/phstat - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook