fxext32.dll error message

Whenever I start a new email message in Outlook, I get an error message:

c:/windows/system32/fxext32.dll could not be installed or loaded.

This error began appearing after an uprgade from XP/Media Center to WIndows
Vista Premium.  The error message directs me to the help menuu to find a
function called "detect and repair" which I can not find.

Any ideas?

Dave

What version of outlook? Did you make a new outlook profile?

The file is used by fax services and may not be supported in Vista.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"Thunderbeast" <davidkaplan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I start a new email message in Outlook, I get an error message:
>
> c:/windows/system32/fxext32.dll could not be installed or loaded.
>
> This error began appearing after an uprgade from XP/Media Center to
> WIndows
> Vista Premium.  The error message directs me to the help menuu to find a
> function called "detect and repair" which I can not find.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Dave

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
4/21/2008 5:03:24 PM
Thanks!

I am running Outlook 2003.

Is this a driver for Microsoft fax services or could it be an efax driver?

Dave

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
> What version of outlook? Did you make a new outlook profile?
>
> The file is used by fax services and may not be supported in Vista.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
> when requesting assistance **
>

> "Thunderbeast" <davidkaplan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Whenever I start a new email message in Outlook, I get an error message:
>>
>> c:/windows/system32/fxext32.dll could not be installed or loaded.
>>
>> This error began appearing after an uprgade from XP/Media Center to
>> WIndows
>> Vista Premium.  The error message directs me to the help menuu to find a
>> function called "detect and repair" which I can not find.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Dave

it's the windows fax service, not efax. find and delete the extend.dat file
and make a new profile.

--

> Thanks!
>
> I am running Outlook 2003.
>
> Is this a driver for Microsoft fax services or could it be an efax driver?
>
> Dave
>

> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlookmvp@msn.net> wrote in message
>> What version of outlook? Did you make a new outlook profile?
>>
>> The file is used by fax services and may not be supported in Vista.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
>> when requesting assistance **
>>

>> "Thunderbeast" <davidkaplan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Whenever I start a new email message in Outlook, I get an error message:
>>>
>>> c:/windows/system32/fxext32.dll could not be installed or loaded.
>>>
>>> This error began appearing after an uprgade from XP/Media Center to
>>> WIndows
>>> Vista Premium.  The error message directs me to the help menuu to find a
>>> function called "detect and repair" which I can not find.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Dave

0
outlookmvp1 (464)

OWA 2003 Log Off Button gives HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error message. Everything else seems to be working fine. There's a KB about this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97769784-4AA2-4445-A0AA-86E0581681A1@microsoft.com... > When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error > message. > Everything else seems to be working fine. Ed, I did a search in the Knowledge Base and found nothing!!!! Help! Warren ...

Error while opening GP windows from BP
Hi all . I am getting an issue when we click 'Create Journal entries' item in the Financial Back Office Tasks webpart in Business Port4.0. "null-CWTSSession.openCannes:'oWTS' is null or not an object" I done a Terminal Server Setups as per the BP installation Document. Version Details : GP10.0,BP4.0,MOSS 2007 Note : I am getting this even for Administrator Login Regards Sunny Hi Sunny, A simple troublshooting steps: 1. Ensure that you can remotely access the server (where BP is installed) via Remote Desktop Connection (RDP). This will ...

errors with form or query acrivated
Just converted from Access 97 to Access 2002. Here's the problem: User defined expressions (may be only text expressions) or fields show errors when a form or query window is activated or deactivated. The query will not refresh. For example, we are having trouble with the SSN in the Grants database. We haven't seen the same problem in other applications, but we haven't specifically looked for it. To be more specific: The Object Form_ParticipantsToProgramCycle has a listbox which contains a last name and a user defined expression that formats the Participants SSN i.e. 1...

Same Email message to recipients
Hi I have to each month send out notification to my customers who use Euros about the exchange rate for the coming months (its about 10 people). I know its not much but what a pain it is to send individual emails. As its each month as well I haev to try and remember who the euro peeps are What also i dont want them to see is each others email addresses as they are competitors. SO my question is, how do I send out one eamil to a group of recipients without them seeing who else it has gone to? If it would be appropriate, keep all of them in "BCC". Otherwise you ...

forwarded messages
I have been using outlook 2007 for many years but recently noticed that when I receive a message that has been forwarded I only receive part of the message in the body of the email. A better part of the message appears in the file attachment box as an ATT000.htm file even though it was part of the body of the original message. (Assume that the previous email which is being forwarded was a series of send and reply messages) Is there a setting to allow me to see the entire message without opening these ATT000.htm files individually???? -- Skippyego http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Faulting application error in excel
I have a PC that keeps getting a crash in excel. It repeats with the same error each time in the event viewer: Faulting application excel.exe, version 11.0.8324.0, stamp 4bc93a36, faulting module excel.exe, version 11.0.8324.0, stamp 4bc93a36, debug? 0, fault address 0x000b035a. I have tried a repair install. A remove and reinstall. Along with steps to remove the excel profile. The crash happens about every other day and sometimes a couple times or more each day. Any ideas? Thank you, Jason This is a guess and may not work, but ... I've read (somewhere) that most causes of crash...

Error Code :0x80040605
Outlook asked me to upgrade the Connector when i choose to repair, nothing happened except that my email account could not sign in and when i choose remove the outlook connector automatically removed. Troubleshooting Outlook Hotmail Connector - http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#hm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Error 1004
I am creating a macro enabled spreadsheet using Excel 2003. It reads data in from a .csv file and manipulates this data to create several reports. Some of the report users use Excel 97, and get the run time error 'Error 1004 - Unable to set specialcells property' when they try to run the macro that updates the reports from the .csv. I am using the special cells property to find the range that I need to clear when reading in new data. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem? Thanks in advance Hi post the relevant part of your code "Darach" wrote: >...

error message exiting outlook 2003
On exiting Outlook 2003, I get a message that says "The instruction at 0x7c910f2b referenced memory at 0x0bcd5c4c. The memory could not be read" Any ideas? -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com Does this also happen when you disable your add-ins? What is logged to the Event Viewer regarding this? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Offic...

Error on creating new quote from opportunitiy
When I try creating a new quote I'm getting an error. This action works on other opportunities, except for one. It's generating this error: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unspecified error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: ...

Any guess on what is limiting my incoming messages?
Hello, We are running exchange 2003 SP2 enterprise on Windows 2003. I can't seem to get large e-mails through - e.g. 15MB. I have plenty of space free on the server, I have limitations on my mailbox under active directory that I see, I tried disabling any restrictions in recipient policies in exchange system manager and I don't see any under the smtp settings under system manager In the default SMTP virtual server, on the messages tab, make sure the 1st 2 options are not checked or set for a size greater than 15 MB. In the recipient policies, go to the mailbox manager page...

Runtime error #21
When I change users on my PC, and start outlook, I get a Microsoft Visual++ Runtime Library error with one of two messages, Runtime Error! abnormal program termination or This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. The second time I start outlook (for the same user) it works ok. This occurs consistently, even when I have turned off the computer before switching users. Anyone have this problem and figured out a fix? ...

Message Tracking: Client IP
Hello, using message tracking center on my Ex2003 server i found that there is no ability to track originating server from which message has been sent through the GUI. But this information present in the tracking log files. And after saving tracking result in the .xml i can see that there is info about originating server. Could you please tell what is the possible reason of such behaviour? And another question. Is there ability to log events such as connection created/received to/from other smtp hosts to the windows application log like in EX55? When i try to swithc on Diagnostic log...

outlook 2000 error message with roadrunner
Can some one please help.... I just signed up for road runner and I am not able to send or recieve emails through outlook. The message that I get is ... a time out occured while communicating with the server. (Account: pop-server.houston.rr.com, SMTP Server;'smtp- server.houston.rr.com', Error Number 0x800ccc19) Have you called Roadrunner support to make sure your settings are correct? lynn wrote: > Can some one please help.... I just signed up for road > runner and I am not able to send or recieve emails through > outlook. The message that I get is ... > a time o...

Error when I try to sing in Microsoft CRM web client
When I try to sing in Microsoft CRM web client this error occurs: Extern error: object does'nt exist in the server, check that the object exist in the database and also in the active directory. I think this happen after I installed the service pack 2. If anyone knows how I resolve this problem, and can help me - that would be great! Hello Sandy. Check this link http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2000/sp2/rnotes_us.htm#DrWatson in the "Outlook Web Access errors" See you. Daniel Rodríguez. ...

ERROR: "The record you are requesting is currently unavailable"
CRM 3.0, using Web client, Windows Server 2003 SP1 for SBS. Have found no good solution for this problem I've been getting since installation couple days ago. When trying to create a new appointment, upon save get the error: "The record that you are requesting is currently unavailable. Either the record was not found or you do not have sufficient security permissions to view it." Upon clicking "Ok" I get the error: "General failure in scheduling engine" with a "Ignore and Save" button which will save the appointment, but still marks the appointm...

Receivables Error Messages
I have the following error messages; can anyone help? 1. An open operation on table 'GL_DP_Distribution_Temp'failed because the path does not exist. 2. Unhandled database exception; A save operation on table 'ASI_SQL_Info' has caused an unknown error (48) Hi Tony, We received #1 error today for the first time. Looking forward to resolution. "Tony F" wrote: > I have the following error messages; can anyone help? > > 1. An open operation on table 'GL_DP_Distribution_Temp'failed because the > path does not exist. > > 2. Unhandled ...

Error message 646
I've been trying for MONTHS to get 4 security upgrades for Office 2007 to install. They are: KB978832 KB978380 KB976416 KB974561 I get this same error code EVERY time. Other updates install, it is just these 4 that are stuck. Can anyone help? I've tried installing them all together, one at a time, two at a time - all to no avail. "Kaz" wrote: > I've been trying for MONTHS to get 4 security upgrades for Office 2007 to > install. They are: > KB978832 > KB978380 > KB976416 > KB974561 > > I get this same error code E...

Messages Recovery Miscrosoft Outlook 2000
How Can I do recover a messages deleted permanent ? The messages was sent to delete messages and then this folder was empty You can try the following; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "jk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5c8a01c49202$c2b9e890$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How Can I do recover a messages deleted permanent ? The > mes...

Problem with "New Message to Contact"
I've created an Exchange public folder, which contains 50 contact folders. (This allows us to allow different regions access to just their customers.) I want to send a mail message to a group of customers. So I highlight all the contacts with e-mail addresses, go to the Actions menu and choose "New Message to Contact". I get the following error: "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user." I am the owner of the folder! This method works in a different Exchange public folder, just not in our customer folders. It does...

error in simple calculation?
Hello everybody I have a small problem... I have entered 2.5% in A1, 100% in A2 ans 100 in A3. In A4 I have the following formula: =A3*(1+$A$1)-(A3*$A$1) with the result 100. (In fact I calculate an interest on a certain amount and just after I withdraw the interest) Now I copy this formular in the next 20 cells beneath A4 and I recieve the following results: A5: 100 A6: 100 A7: 99.999999999999900 ???? A8: 99.999999999999900 A9: 99.999999999999900 A10: 99.999999999999900 A11: 99.999999999999900 A12: 99.999999999999900 A13: 99.999999999999900 A14: 99.999999999999800 ???? A15: 99.9999...

Balance error
I began to get error messages that the beginning balance I was entering disagreed with the ending balance that was there..the discrepency happened two months in a row with the second month massively out of line. The first month, I just made a compensating transaction and went ahead with the balance couldn't do that the second month. I then just left the whole thing for several monthsand now want to be able to use it again. I had read something that suggested going back in for a balance session or two and un-marking the reconciled statements. Fine...I did that..but now what am I s...

Compile Error in Hidden Module: Autexecnew
I am recieving weird error messages. I have been unable to find any information on the support page. So hopefully someone can help. Here are the error messages. I recieve them in Excel 97. One when i start excel. the otheer when i close excel. Compile Error in Hidden Module: Autexecnew (open) Compile Error in Hidden Module: DistMon (close) ...

Blank Email messages are being received
(1) When the attachments go missing on replied messages,I hope the client settings were set to include attachments in replies This setting was set to include the attachments in the replies. (2) Are there any error messages in the application event log of exchange? I've looked for events that might indicate a problem, but I don't really see anything relevant. (3) How often does this happen ? The frequency is very random and not wide spread, initially, I thought that this was a user error until I witnessed a couple of users experience this problem first hand. 4) Is there an...

Microsoft has encountered an Error and needs to close.
I have a very large program in excel VBA that has been working fine until the other day. I have a connection to ADO that has all of a sudden seemed to cause an error. I receive the error that "Office Excel has encountered an error and needs to close." If i out a message box right before the procedure runs that i have narrowed the error down to, it runs fine. Also, it doesnt cause an error when the userform loads if i have the VBA editor open. This error occurs when I go to open the userform. Excel 2003, doesnt matter which Windows version I am running, I have Vista at h...