Frustration with 2007 set up

I just purchased a Palm Treo 750 (upgrading from 650) and had to switch from
the Palm software to using Outlook. I was able to get Microsoft Office
Professional from my school district since I am an employee and the phone
will be used for district. I am ready to throw it all out the window at this
point. I have installed the new version of Office and when I try to open
Outlook I get to a certain point (it gives me a little dialogue box about
updating information) it pops up with a box that says some junk about the
Microsoft exchange Server. In it there is a line with 'msn.pop3.email.com'
(no idea what this is or how it got there as I have never used Outlook or
email by Microsoft before) and the next line says 'Tracey.Amend'. Then it
says 'Check name' At the bottom the message says I need to check the name and
once it's checked and underlined, then it will work. Well, needless to say,
it won't work. It gives me a message about it not being online and not being
able to connect and work. If I hit 'cancel' instead, it closes out the entire
program.

Here's the kicker...I could care less about email! All I want to do is use
the darned calendar and be able to sync my calendar from phone to home to
school.

Can anyone walk me through this? Do I need to give more info? I tried the
Microsoft website but it told me my product number was invalid (yet I have
the brand new disk, with the product ID written on the back, handed to me by
our IT department yesterday with a signed agreement for employee use only).

I am honestly so frustrated by this I could cry...

Thanks in advance if you can help---

Frustrated beyond belief in Colorado....
TA
0
TAmend (1)

Have you created a mail profile for Outlook to work with?

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"TAmend" wrote:

> I just purchased a Palm Treo 750 (upgrading from 650) and had to switch from
> the Palm software to using Outlook. I was able to get Microsoft Office
> Professional from my school district since I am an employee and the phone
> will be used for district. I am ready to throw it all out the window at this
> point. I have installed the new version of Office and when I try to open
> Outlook I get to a certain point (it gives me a little dialogue box about
> updating information) it pops up with a box that says some junk about the
> Microsoft exchange Server. In it there is a line with 'msn.pop3.email.com'
> (no idea what this is or how it got there as I have never used Outlook or
> email by Microsoft before) and the next line says 'Tracey.Amend'. Then it
> says 'Check name' At the bottom the message says I need to check the name and
> once it's checked and underlined, then it will work. Well, needless to say,
> it won't work. It gives me a message about it not being online and not being
> able to connect and work. If I hit 'cancel' instead, it closes out the entire
> program.
>
> Here's the kicker...I could care less about email! All I want to do is use
> the darned calendar and be able to sync my calendar from phone to home to
> school.
>
> Can anyone walk me through this? Do I need to give more info? I tried the
> Microsoft website but it told me my product number was invalid (yet I have
> the brand new disk, with the product ID written on the back, handed to me by
> our IT department yesterday with a signed agreement for employee use only).
>
> I am honestly so frustrated by this I could cry...
>
> Thanks in advance if you can help---
>
> Frustrated beyond belief in Colorado....
> TA
0
KOrland1 (1012)
6/26/2007 5:15:00 PM
Are you upgrading from an older version of outlook? It sounds it... close
outlook, go to control panel, mail and make a new profile.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"TAmend" <TAmend@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just purchased a Palm Treo 750 (upgrading from 650) and had to switch
>from
> the Palm software to using Outlook. I was able to get Microsoft Office
> Professional from my school district since I am an employee and the phone
> will be used for district. I am ready to throw it all out the window at
> this
> point. I have installed the new version of Office and when I try to open
> Outlook I get to a certain point (it gives me a little dialogue box about
> updating information) it pops up with a box that says some junk about the
> Microsoft exchange Server. In it there is a line with 'msn.pop3.email.com'
> (no idea what this is or how it got there as I have never used Outlook or
> email by Microsoft before) and the next line says 'Tracey.Amend'. Then it
> says 'Check name' At the bottom the message says I need to check the name
> and
> once it's checked and underlined, then it will work. Well, needless to
> say,
> it won't work. It gives me a message about it not being online and not
> being
> able to connect and work. If I hit 'cancel' instead, it closes out the
> entire
> program.
>
> Here's the kicker...I could care less about email! All I want to do is use
> the darned calendar and be able to sync my calendar from phone to home to
> school.
>
> Can anyone walk me through this? Do I need to give more info? I tried the
> Microsoft website but it told me my product number was invalid (yet I have
> the brand new disk, with the product ID written on the back, handed to me
> by
> our IT department yesterday with a signed agreement for employee use
> only).
>
> I am honestly so frustrated by this I could cry...
>
> Thanks in advance if you can help---
>
> Frustrated beyond belief in Colorado....
> TA

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Convert COUNTIFS function from 2007 to something in 2003 version
I have this function in 2007 version, but need to make it work in 2003. What function would be compatible? =COUNTIFS('Cancel Detail First 60 Days'!$B$1:$B$163,"GGL",'Cancel Detail First 60 Days'!$I$1:$I$163,"UW") Try =SUMPRODUCT(--('Cancel Detail First 60 Days'!$B$1:$B$163="GGL"),--('Cancel Detail First 60 Days'!$I$1:$I$163="UW")) You can test it by putting it into your 2007 workbook next to your SUMIFS() formula,should give the same results. "cbrannlayt" wrote: > I have this functi...

outlook 2007 no message in preview pane
outlook 2007, the preview pane does not show any messages, sometimes there is just one alphabetical character, or there is just one character not always the same, i.e.. � �, sometimes there are none. -- Ride safe. Barry Sunny Ocala FL http://home.att.net/~b.lockyer/index.htm ...

Exel 2003 and Excel 2007 on same computer
Hi I have Microsoft Excel 2003 installed on my machine. I would like to install Microsoft Excel 2007 on my machine as well without in any way interfering with Microsoft Excel 2003. I want to be able to use both applications. Is it possible to just go out and buy Microsoft Excel 2007 and install it on my PC in the normal way without in any way interfering with Microsoft Excel 2003. Any pitfalls and any advice most welcome -- Regards William willwest22@yahoo.com Yes, you can do this. As a matter of fact I have 2 systems here that have both Office 2003 and Off...

How do I set up a custom size label in Publisher 2003?
I need to set up a custom-size label in Publisher 2003 in order to do a mail-merge project. In page setup, custom, type your label dimensions, click change copies per sheet. Type in the margins and the gaps. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PhilNat1" <PhilNat1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B7356FC-6C3F-43D2-AEE4-95C476C99517@microsoft.com... >I need to set up a custom-size label in Publisher 2003 in order to do a > mail-merge project. Hey, glad to help. Thanks for postin...

Microsoft Access License 2007 Problem License Require ActiveX Control
I was running Access 2007 just fine and today I start it up and it has: You don't have the license required to use this ActiveX Control You tried to open a form containing an OLE object or an ActiveX control or you tried to create and ActiveX control. To obtain the appropriate license, contact the company that provides the license OLE object or ActiveX control. But it never tells me what control it is talking about and not matter how many times I click ok it just comes right back and I cannot use Access. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Try reregistering DAO360.dll http://support.m...

How can i set the style of a CTreeCtrl within a CTreeView ?
Im using a MFC CTreeView which fits nicely with what im trying to do. I need to change the style of the nested CTreeCtrl. There is no easy way to do this, the documentation points to using SetWindowLong. void CMyTreeView::OnInitialUpdate() { CTreeView::OnInitialUpdate(); CTreeCtrl& tree = GetTreeCtrl(); HTREEITEM root_item = tree.InsertItem(CString("MyProject")); HTREEITEM init_request = tree.InsertItem(CString("Item 1"), root_item); HTREEITEM doc_package = tree.InsertItem(CString("Item 2"), root_item); ASSERT(tree.GetSafeHwnd() != NULL ); ::Set...

How do you turn on side by side view in Excel 2007?
Want to view to worksheets in the same workbook at the same time but I cannot get it to allow me to do that. Obviously something else needs to be marked to allow this - how do I turn it on? Hi, Go to view, Fouth block under window, click on New Window, Arrange all, select vertical or Horizontal "JAskew" wrote: > Want to view to worksheets in the same workbook at the same time but I cannot > get it to allow me to do that. Obviously something else needs to be marked to > allow this - how do I turn it on? ...

2007
Hi! - I was hoping someone could help me please. Here's what I have. A worksheet that has several dates in a row. D1:T1, Of that range, I have conditional formatting set to highlight a date(s) either = to or within the next 7 days. I need to be able to pull the date next closest or equal to today. Can anyone help me out? Any help would be greatly appriecated. Shaun > I was hoping someone could help me please. Here's what I have. A > worksheet that has several dates in a row. D1:T1, Of that range, I > have conditional formatting set to highlight a date(s) either = to or...

Move files from express to outlook 2007
How can I move address book and e-mails from OL express OL2007? Had a computer crash and had to buy new box with win 7 and installed OL 2007. The Express program is on the old drive installed as a second drive in the box Help!!!!!! It's the wifes computer and she is screaming :) ...

how to find product key for publisher 2007
I lost my box and do not know how to find my product key. I registered my program but now need to load on my laptop. Run the Belarc Adviser on the computer with the product key. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "fibresbuyer" <fibresbuyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5EB6F9D-F09D-484F-BAA0-9CD5BC5B2A16@microsoft.com... >I lost my box and do not know how to find my product key. I registered my > program but now need to load on my laptop. ...

Can I use the old 2003 pivot tables in excel 2007?
I'm currently using excel 2007 but prefer the interface/feel/look of 2003 pivot tables? is there a way i can still use the 2003 pivot tables in 2007 excel? thanks! ...

File Level AV for 2007
What is everyone using for file level AV scanning in Exchange 2007. I'm planning to use ForeFront for SMTP scanning, but can't find any file level AV software. Does MS offer anything? Forefront Client Security http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/clientsecurity/default.mspx On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:40:02 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is everyone using for file level AV scanning in Exchange 2007. I'm >planning to use ForeFront for SMTP scanning, but can't find any file level AV >software. Does MS offer anything? Steve A...

access 2007 what is the maximum number of printed pages allowed
"Robin C." <RobinC@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje de noticias news:91A02207-D49C-44FC-B90D-305C2881C714@microsoft.com... > "Robin C." <RobinC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91A02207-D49C-44FC-B90D-305C2881C714@microsoft.com... > ...

Frustrated VBA Newbie
Hello Excel VBA Gods or Goddes! I need help with the following issue or if you can point me to a good resource. Problem: take a whole employee login list(1100+) and sort by department email the part of the list they goes to that department with outlook express. Applications: Excel 2000, (XP)Outlook Express Details: Sheet1- Logins (list length is dyamic in nature with employee's leaving or getting hired) Starts at A6: Lastname B6: Firstname C6: Username D6: Password E6: Employee Number F6: Dept.Number Sheet2- Dept Heads (list length is dyamic in nature with ablity for de...

Vista - OutLook 2007 - PPC2003SE - sync problems
I have set up a new Vista Business & Office 2007 system. I can connect my Pocket PC to the system. The Sync'd Files operates correctly in both directions. Sync'ing to Outlook 2007 does not. Changes on the PPC are not recorded to Outlook nor are changes to Outlook recorded back to the PPC. I also run Pocket Quicken thru the same connection. It works fine. All things point towards a problem with Outlook2007 I've called tech support and the issue has risen thru three levels of tech support. We've deleted, restored, reinstalled, scrubbed registry, booted with all serv...

Auto Calculation Setting
The setting for auto calculation on one of our computers resets its self to manual. This has happened twice now. Is there some type of bug with excel or is there something that needs to be done to save the setting. It is under TOOLS-OPTIONS-CALCULATION (tab). Thanks CJ If you open a spreadsheet where the calculation is set to manual - it will then change to manual for all spreadsheets you have open. -- Regards, Martin "Chance224" wrote: > The setting for auto calculation on one of our computers resets its self to > manual. This has happened twice now. Is ther...

Posting account is not set up for state tax
For some reason I am now getting this message when trying to run my payroll. "Posting account is not set up for state tax". This appears as a critical error on my check file report and it won't let me calcuate checks until this is fixed. I have state tax posting accounts set up as I have been running payroll on this program for the last 5 years without this error. How can this be resolved so I can run payroll? Go to tools-setup-posting-payroll accounts Change the drop down for the state taxes and make sure you either have an ALL ALL ALL, or a specific code in there for a t...

Can Not Enter Actuals inMy Tasks after Server 2007 SP2 install
Hi folks, Immeidately after an upgrade of Server 2007 to SP2, users could no longer edit actual hours in My Task's daily time grid, but could still edit other fields like “Start” and “Finish". We figured the February 2010 Cumulative Update (CU) would fix it. We tried switching and testing all three tracking methods (Percent work complete, Actual work done and work remaining, Hours or work done per period). Still, we can not enter time under each date. Also tried republishing the project and that didn’t fix it either. Any ideas? Is this a known problems in Feb ...

A Few Issues With Microsoft Money Essentials 2007
First I'd like to say this almost completely meets my needs; not doing too much but automatically aggregating and updating bank and credit card accounts seamlessly in the background. However, here are the issues: Small rant: Bank of America (WA) fails to sync at times. Manually running update a number of times will usually get it to sync, but this is annoying, especially when I can manually access my account information online. Bigger rant: Occasionally I transfer money to an account not tracked by Money and it forces me to categorize it as either an expense or income when it is n...

Setup failed to validate Report Server
I've been having trouble installing CRM 3.0 Professional and connecting to an existing SQL Server 2005 Report Server (on a different machine). The error message is: Setup failed to validate Report Server 'url' - Object Reference not set to an instance of an object I finally figured out the problem. For some reason, it was permissions issue on the C:\Windows\temp folder of the machine where Report Server was installed. After changing permissions so the Report Server was able to read/write that folder, CRM installed. Just thought I'd post this info in case anyone else...

how do I set up my Teksavvy email to go through outlook?
Learn how to post a question: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm See that large white space beneath the subject line? Use it to provide = at least a modicum of information about what you are trying to = accomplish. Otherwise, you are wasting our time and yours when someone = has to come along and try to pry information out of you. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All = unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without = reading. "chantalle" <chantalle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote NOTHING!...

Using cross-references to bookmarks from Word 2003 to Word 2007
I have been frustrated with not being able to use the report form I created in MS Office 2003 once I upgraded to 2007. Here is what I want to do: Create boxes of text that I can type into (or dictate into using Dragon Naturally Speaking) so that the text is then automatically copied into another text box with the same name. For example, "Patient: John Doe" After typing or dictating in "John Doe" in the text box after "Patient:" the text "John Doe" would automatically be copied into the text box in another area of the document labelled &quo...

Stumped
This one really has me stumped, so I'm hoping someone has an idea what might be causing this. I'm using Excel 2007 SP2 in a Windows XP SP3 environment. The workbook was created in 2007 and never existed in an older format. I have a workbook with a ton of code in it. Everything works exactly as it's supposed to. The problem only occurs when I change the macro security settings. If I leave the security level at "Disable all macros with notification" and then manually enable content each time the workbook is opened, then no problem. But, if I change th...

How to disable " Do you want to merge changes..." in Outlook 2007
HI, how can this be turn off. Under Outlook-XP to turn it off it was an option "add properties to attachments to enable reply with changes" But under OL2007 it's not there. Hi also tried this options, but still not success HCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\AdHocReviewBehavior So how to turn it off? Mario Savard Statistics Canada Did you check tools, trust center, attachment handling for the option that controls it? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Excell 2007 Error Loading Phantom Add-in
I keep getting an error on startup the Excel 2007 can't load a toolbar item. The toolbar item then shows up in Excel's Add-Ins. The software (TextBridge Pro) was unistalled. The add-in doesn't show up in Excel's Add-In Options. Here's what I've done to try to get rid of the error. - Right click on the toolbar icon and selected Delete. Excel deletes the icon off the toolbar telling me it cannot be recovered, but it comes back when I restart Excel. - Reinstall the software. Excel reports the error and responds the same as above. Deinstall the software. - Search the Re...