FROM address with multiple accounts wrong

Hi:

I have the following email accounts setup in Outlook:

user1@mydomain.com (set as default account)
user2@mydomain.com
user1@mywork.net

Everything is POP/SMTP. I select different accounts to send. Here is the
behaviour:

If I send an email to anyone it always goes out as coming from
user1@mywork.net , regardless of what email I chose to send from. (yes, I've
checked the email settings in Outlook, all email addresses are correct--I
even tried setting a reply address as well--no joy). So all my replies come
back to user1@mywork.net.  Weird thing is--I can only get the FROM address
to show up as user1@mydomain.com or user2@mydomain.com if I send an email to
a mydomain.com user account from those accounts.

This used to work fine, recently I made a bunch of changes though:

1. I changed the company that hosts mydomain.
2. I installed Win 2003 server on this machine, and Outlook 2003 was
reinstalled, and email accounts created anew.

Any idea what could be going on? The weird behaviour I describe above tells
me it must have something to do with the company hosting the domain. But
what would they know about user1@mywork.net ? Weird.

Thanks,
Kayda

0
blair863 (1)

Kayda <blair863@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have the following email accounts setup in Outlook:
>
> user1@mydomain.com (set as default account)
> user2@mydomain.com
> user1@mywork.net
>
> Everything is POP/SMTP. I select different accounts to send. Here is
> the behaviour:
>
> If I send an email to anyone it always goes out as coming from
> user1@mywork.net , regardless of what email I chose to send from.

There is an issue with Outlook 2003 that if it can't send mail via the
chosen account because it can't authenticate to the outgoing server, then it
will choose another account with which to send the message.  The solution is
to make sure Outlook can authenticate to the outgoing server of the account
chosen to send the message.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/11/2005 2:21:05 PM
> There is an issue with Outlook 2003 that if it can't send mail via the
> chosen account because it can't authenticate to the outgoing server,
> then it will choose another account with which to send the message.
> The solution is to make sure Outlook can authenticate to the outgoing
> server of the account chosen to send the message.

I am having the same problem. All mail is sent via the default account. I
am able to authenticate on each server because if I change the default
account then all messages will be sent from the new default account, no
matter which account I select to send the message. I will try and set up
different profiles and .pst files to try a workaround.

Double accounting underline
I am trying to double underline a range of cells so that the underline fills the width of the cell. I followed Excel Help instructions as follows: -You can apply a different style of underline, such as a double underline or a single or double accounting underline (an underline that fills the width of a cell). On the Format menu, click Cells. On the Font tab, select the style that you want in the Underline box.- However, when I followed the above instructions, it did not fill the "width" of the cell. What am I doing wrong? -- Jessee ------------------------------------------...

shared pop3 account with different outlook clients.
Hi! We are using different versions of Outlook. The versions used are Outlook Express 5.5, 6.0sp1 and Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP. The problem is a shared pop3 account, which all the clients receive (and leave a copy to). Some clients receive the mail properly, but some clients receive corrupt messages, i.e. messages with no subject and sender fields and a blank message body. Now, i found a corresponding KB article, but we dont have any IE 6.0:s installed. Is there any other software which might have that mlang.dll problem, or should i upgrade all browsers to 6.0SP1? Thanks in adv...

transfer one stock to another broker account
How do I transfer only one stock from one broker's account to another broker's account ?? All I can find is directions to transfer ALL the stocks in one account to another account. Have Money 2003 Deluxe, Version 11.0 Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Karl S wrote: >How do I transfer only one stock from one broker's account >to another broker's account ?? All I can find is >directions to transfer ALL the stocks in one account to >another account. Have Money 2003 Deluxe, Version 11.0 Enter a TransferOut transaction for the stock in the investment acc...

Synchronization of email accounts...how do you stop the download?
How do you stop the auto-downloading of inbox messages from the default (earthlink) accounts. This happens every time I open Windows Mail. Tools, Options, and on the General tab uncheck "Send and Receive messages at startup". Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "leebc" wrote in message news:AA6E4253-10B1-4A7C-88BE-8E5AB210C19D@microsoft.com... How do you stop the auto-downloading of inbox messages from the default (earthlink) accounts. This happens every time I open Windows Mail. ...

Unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server)
Hi. I don't know whether this is possible or not, but I would like to set up an unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server) on a remote computer. Right now, I have to wait until both the remote users and I are available, log on the remote computer using GoToMyPC, and set up the email accounts. If there was a way to set this up so that Outlook email accounts would be configured automatically the first time the user logs on (or the first time they use Outlook), that would simplify things a bit. If anyone knows how (or if) this can be done and has an example of how to do...

Change IP address of exchange server
Hi , Thought this would be an easy question to get an answer to, but had no luck with my searches... I need to change the ip address of my exchange server, but want to make sure that won't screw anything up... I thought that its ok to do that, but because the server is also a dc I want to make sure. Thanks for any help on this. Art -- Art Feel free to change the address. While possibly not required, I'd recommend rebooting afterward. Make sure that there are no hardcoded host files or WINS or DNS entries for the server. After the change, clients might not be able to connect fo...

Synchronizing --> Download Address Book
I have a number of users that when they choose to download the Address Book and select the choice for the complete book, they do not get the get the whole Address Book. We are using Outlook 97 and 2000. Any thoughts on this? ...

1 Mailbox for 2 E-mail addresses?
We have a user who is taking extended leave (1 year) and we would like to have all of his e-mail automatically sent to another user's mailbox without the forwarding. Is it possible to set it up so that this other user can just go to her e-mail and get his e-mail sent directly to her mailbox without the mail having been forwarded from his mailbox? why don't you want the mail to be forwarded? other option is to move the email address from the user who's going on leave to the person who's going to manage the email... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "David Rosen" <Dav...

public folder offiline address list oab version2, 3a,4 folder is lost
i using win2003 ,exchange 2003sp2 , have domain and sub-domain in recently my root domain user can't load offline address list then i see my "public folder " "view system folders" offline address book " "/o=HKG/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=offline address list" is miss " oab version 2, oab version 3a, oab version 4" folder i try more solution not work , my sub-domain is work , user can load offline addess book " public folder is nomral , can post and see in outlook and owa but if root domain user can't see public folder in owa just see a tex...

Username/Domain/Password prompt appearing when attempting to download Offline Address Book (Outlook 2000) #2
Evening all! Hope someone can help me with this, before I lose ALL my hair! :o) We've got multiple Outlook 2000 users who connect an exchange server, but they an "Enter Password" box appears, prompting for a Username, Domain & Password. The box is blank & no matter what u enter it just re-appears, until they press the ESC key once. The box'll then disappear & Outlook closes OK...but I don't think the Offline address book is updating. 20% of the time, the box doesn't appear when closing Outlook, it's just the other 80%! :( They get this whether they...

Exchange 2003 sends multiple emails
I just discovered that when a user sent email to a specific distribution list or group of people, the email was recieved by the recipients over four times. I can see in the logs that the Exchange server did send roughly this many, but I dont know why. any ideas? thanks ...

Sent Items with 2 accounts
In my Outlook 2003, I have configured my office email id as well as my group email account. Whenever i sent a mail out from my group account that mail getting stored in my sent items folder. I want those mail to get stored in my group sent folder. Configure a rule to move mail to the appropriate folder on sending "mrbalaje" <mrbalaje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:177E7C94-A5B4-4DB8-9592-0CAF5D64CD26@microsoft.com... > In my Outlook 2003, I have configured my office email id as well as my > group > email account. Whenever i sent a mai...

display sums from multiple worksheets on one worksheet
I am working on a budget plan. So I have multiple totals from various months that I would like to display on one "totals" page so i can track each month. for example, I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit on the november worksheet. on the "totals" page I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit for every month of the year. i kept the names consistent from each page hoping that would simplify things. so far it has not. is there a way to display the totals from each month on the "totals" without having to type a similar formula in eac...

Multiple Mail Messages & File Attachments Displayed
I have Outlook 2003 SP2. Periodically emails will arrive twice. In the message template, my email address will be displayed many times in the To: field and any associated attachment(s) will be displayed multiple times. Any assistance is appreciated. ...

put in the wrong servers
I put in the wrong servers when I was setting this up for my grandma. Where do I find the correct servers and how do I correct it when I find the correct ones? This is the error message that I got when I tried to send email. The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.qwest.com', Server: 'pop.qwest.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Any help will be appreciated, thanks. See specific setup instructions at (depends on your address): http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/email/outl...

Loggin IP address of MAPI clients
Hi, Does anybody know a way to log the IP address of the MAPI connections in Ex2003Sp2? I would like to log it as I do with the SMTP/IMAP connections in order to know the sender’s IP address. Some people can say that there’s not point about knowing this as all MAPI connections are authenticated and you can know “who” sent a message, but it’s equally important to know “where from” a message was sent when you do forensic research. Best Regards -- ~~~~ Javier Crespo Martinez Information Technology Service University of Cantabria, Spain On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 07:22:29 -0800, "Jav...

One IP-address
Our exchange 2003-server hosts two domains A.com and B.com. So, the mx-record for BOTH domains point to the same host (mailhost.A.com) and resolves the corresponding IP-addres. The PTR-record for this IP-address obviously points back to the host mailhost.A.com. All seems to work fine for both domains for the moment, but will this not present a problem in the future for mail from the B.com domain when more and more receiving hosts do reverse lookup ? Or is reverse lookup just verifying the FQDN in the mail-header, and not the senders domain ? Regards Rudy Steyaert HI, NO i don't think ...

Multiple charts with same serie names
I want to have the same color in all four of my line charts per series. All charts have the same series name. Is there some type of VBA code that I can run a macro to achieve this ? example: boat = green line mnotorcycle = yellow line auto = red line Hi, You could avoid VBA, maybe, by choosing Tools, Options, Color and setting the first three colors of the Chart fills aor Chart lines area depending on the type of charts you are using. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Jennifer" wrote: > I want to have the same color in all four of m...

If...ElseIf...End If with multiple conditions
I am learning VBA for Access. On the form I have Text Box "Cat" and Combo Box "CatCb". CatCb data source has 6 values including "Dr", "Pt" and the last value "Undefined". I have class module as follows Private Sub CatCb_AfterUpdate() If Nz(Cat.Value) = "" Then Cat.Value = CatCb ElseIf Cat.Value <> "Undefined" And CatCb = "Undefined" And MsgBox("Replace all current Categories with 'Undefined'?", vbYesNo, "Categories") = vbYes Then Cat.Value = CatCb Else ...

Changing Exch 5.5 Svc accounts
Hi, I'm trying to change the exchange 5.5 service accounts to a new account in a new domain (from oldNTDomain\oldNTAccount to newADDomain\newADAccount). However, both the Microsoft Exchange Directory service and the Microsoft Exchange Message Transfer Agent service will not start when the log on credentials are changed over to the new account. All other services will start up fine. Permissions have been granted to the new account on the org, site, containers, shares and local security policy on the Exchange server. Does anyone have any suggestions or possible next steps to resolve...

Offline Address book question.
Several articles about OAB referes to "siteFolderServer" attribute in AD. However I'm bit confused as to which object in AD is being referred. What I found that at least two Exchange objects has "siteFolderServer" attribute. - CN=Default Offline AddressList,CN=Offline Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=<FIRST ORGANIZATION>,CN=MICROSOFT EXCHANGE,CN=SERVICES,CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=*,DC=local" - CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=<First Organization>,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=*,DC=local Can an...

Multiple subtables
Hello, Not sure how to approach this: We have an inventory database that has a variety of item types. Workstations and printers have quite a difference of data fields to be recorded. Should we store all items in one table and just not use the fields that do not pertain to those types or should we have a parent table with the shared fields and multiple subtables to store the specific fields to each type? The second sounds like a better idea but couldnt things go wrong later with multiple tables linking to the same parent table? Thanks, Ernst. Do an analysis on w...

Changing Multiple Users Details
We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 and I need to change all our users company info and addresses, as we have moved physical locations... Is there a way to change all users information in one simple procedure? Not sure if this is an Exchange thing or a AD thing... Thanks in advance guys... I think ADModify.net might do what you want http://www.gotdotnet.com/Workspaces/Workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 "Chris H" <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76A45444-7337-4C50-B536-34C4F6F9EBA5@microsoft.com... > We are using Exchange 2003...

Multiple Front End Users
Creating a database for scheduling senior citizen transportation. The database will reside on the network so all three can use. Two or more staff members will need to add, edit, entries to a table throughout the day. Two or more staff members will also need to run a report to show what has been scheduled throughout the day at moment's notice to be sure they are not overscheduling. Can one or more persons work in the same table at the same time? When entries are added or changed will all three staff members see the most current data if the table is open? Can the report b...

corrupt account in outlook 2003
I suddenly got error 0x800CCC92 in my Outlook 2003.It kept asking for username and password. I got around this by creating a new identity and all work's again,but with wrong identity. How do I get my old identity and mail back,Is there an easy way because many programs are installed with old identity. OS=xp sp2 OL doesnt have/use Identities, explain what you did "HB" <hwb317@telia.com> wrote in message news:OcacMAYLHHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I suddenly got error 0x800CCC92 in my Outlook 2003.It kept asking for > username and password. > I got around t...