Forwarding Email to external accounts

I need to be able to set up someones Outlook 2000 so that when they are out
of the office, any incoming mail is forwarded to a hotmail account or the
like. I have set a rule up instructing it to do this activated out of office
assistant etc. Is there something I need to do in Exchange as well to allow
external mail forwarding? I am using Exchange 5.5 at the moment.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
Kingjizzo (2)

Kingjizzo <Kingjizzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I need to be able to set up someones Outlook 2000 so that when they
> are out of the office, any incoming mail is forwarded to a hotmail
> account or the like. I have set a rule up instructing it to do this
> activated out of office assistant etc. Is there something I need to
> do in Exchange as well to allow external mail forwarding?

Yes.  By default, forwarding to external addresses in disabled.  Ask in
--
Brian Tillman
0