Forms problem #2

Hi all,
	I've designed a form in MSO 2003 with a picture for a background and
the bcc field having a default value. The problem is that when I send
attachments through this form sometimes the recipient gets the
attachment as a .dat file!

I like the functionality of the form that I've created but the problem
with the attachments is a big one!

Any suggestions?

-pnp
0
pnp

Do not use Outlook Rich Text as the form message format.  Use Plain Text or
HTML instead. The winmail.dat is caused by clients that cannot understand
RTF (all except Outlook/Eudora) wrapping the formatting in the .dat file.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, pnp asked:

| Hi all,
| I've designed a form in MSO 2003 with a picture for a background and
| the bcc field having a default value. The problem is that when I send
| attachments through this form sometimes the recipient gets the
| attachment as a .dat file!
|
| I like the functionality of the form that I've created but the problem
| with the attachments is a big one!
|
| Any suggestions?
|
| -pnp

0
MillyS (3228)
3/13/2005 6:06:29 PM
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
> Do not use Outlook Rich Text as the form message format.  Use Plain Text or
> HTML instead. The winmail.dat is caused by clients that cannot understand
> RTF (all except Outlook/Eudora) wrapping the formatting in the .dat file.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head scratching, pnp asked:
>
> | Hi all,
> | I've designed a form in MSO 2003 with a picture for a background and
> | the bcc field having a default value. The problem is that when I send
> | attachments through this form sometimes the recipient gets the
> | attachment as a .dat file!
> |
> | I like the functionality of the form that I've created but the problem
> | with the attachments is a big one!
> |
> | Any suggestions?
> |
> | -pnp

On the formating menu I see the HTML option ticked.
0
pnp
3/15/2005 6:47:57 AM
Use stationery instead of a custom form. Using Outlook 2003 to send a custom
form message to a non-Outlook recipient, unless you've marked the recipient
for plain text, will result in a Winmail.dat attachment, regardless of
whether the message is rich text or HTML.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"pnp" <pnp.@.softlab.ntua.gr> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I've designed a form in MSO 2003 with a picture for a background and the
> bcc field having a default value. The problem is that when I send
> attachments through this form sometimes the recipient gets the attachment
> as a .dat file!
>
> I like the functionality of the form that I've created but the problem
> with the attachments is a big one!
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> -pnp

0
suemvp (4038)

Problem with post callout
Hi. I'm able to create files on the server as response to accounts being created in CRM. However, I'm not able to load other .NET assemblies or applications from the same component. Any idea why? Are those other assemblies strong named? If not, you either need to make them strong named or create a wrapper. I know you can do this with a utility, but don't have the steps handy. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:21:02 -0700, "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Having 2 workbooks open simultaneously
I have a wide screen laptop that can accommodate 2 Excel workbooks side by side. I used that feature for a while until sometime about two weeks ago something happened (I don't know what) and now I a only able to keep one workbook open at a time. When I try to open a second one, the first one minimizes. Can anyone tell me how to get it back so that I can once again view 2 workbooks side by side? Many thanks for your help -- Royal Did yesterday's response work: "How about just window|Arrange|Tiled (or whatever you want)" Royal wrote: > > I have a wide screen l...

Outlook 2007 Search Problem
I work at the Help Desk for a University. A client has called complaining that recently Outlook 2007's search bar started returning "bad results." For instance, if she searches for Smith, she'll get e- mails that were sent to Smith, or have Smith in the body, but not e- mails that are FROM Smith. She used to get better results. I pointed her to the advanced search feature (available in a sub-menu, or available right there when Instant Search is installed), and showed her how to search specific fields. She's still not satisfied, though. It used to work, she claims, and sh...

Update for Microsoft XML core service 6.service pack 2
Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't load millypede wrote: > Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't > load Operating System? Service Pack level? Architecture? Anything that you have tried? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Find a value in list 2 that is not in list 1
I have text values in column A and also in column B, most of which match. I would like to take the values in column B that are not in column A and put those values only in column C. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maxxwell, Put this formula in column C, and copy down. =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$20,0)),B2,"") To get them contiguous, use Autofilter, filter on nonblanks in column C, and copy/paste to somewhere. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "maxxwell2" <maxxwell2@discussions.microsof...

How do I stop 1 day tasks splitting over 2 days?
I am using Project 2003 and it has got an annoying habit of splitting most tasks with a duration of 1 day into 7 hours of work on one day and 1 hour of work the following day when you look at them within the Resource Usage view. This is mucking up my Gantt chart as the tasks effectively look as if they are 2 day tasks (although the duration cell definitely says 1 day). Any idea what is causing the problem and how do I fix it? Things to note: - The project calendar and resource calendars are definitely showing 8 hour working days (8-12 then 1-5) so that isn’t causing the probl...

Online form ~ I have word 2003 and 2007
Hello, I am trying to create an online form that will allow for a limited amount of characters per field. For example: Name: 20 Characters at length and so on Date: 15 Characters Title of the reading: 40 characters Please advise, Thanks -- astro44 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

OWA display problem
Our Outlook is performing normally when accessed internally. When accessing by way of OWA, however, we can see the headers, but cannot open the message. We can compose new messages and send them. We cannot see the message body in a preview pane. Any ideas? Steve, It sounds like you might have URLScan installed on the OWA server. Please have a look at the following article to see if it is relevant. 320089 XCCC: The URLScan Utility Does Not Allow You to Open Messages in OWA http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320089 Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided &...

Confidentiality Notice #2
How do i configure Exchange 2003 to add a Confidentiality Notice at the bottom of all outgoing emails?? Can this be done without using Visual Basic? Thanks, Greg ...

Problems with the installation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Had a copy of Mac:Office 12.0.0, but couldn't ever upgrade it successfully. Finally bought another copy (digital download) of 12.1.6 to install - had already moved the other to a 'safe location'. The install completes successfully, however, when attempting to open any of the Office programs I get the following error: "A problem has been detected with the Microsoft Office installation." and "try running the Office Installer again to resolve the problem". I have run the installer four add...

Inserting Rows Problem
Hi there, I have a list of about 2000 rows. However, in between each of thes rows I want to insert a blank row that can be used for people to writ in once the list is printed off. Is there a quick way to do this? Kind regards Andre -- andyp16 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- andyp161's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1165 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26611 If you insert rows it will affect sorting, etc. and be a real pain. Many posts here want to delete blank rows ...

Problem consuming a webservice
Hello all. I have a problem I cannot figure out. I have an ASp.NET we app that receives names of bible books. I get an "*Illegal character in path*" error. My codes look like this: net.webservicex.www.BibleWebservice ws = ne net.webservicex.www.BibleWebservice(); dsBible.ReadXml(ws.GetBookTitles()); <----------this is where th error is DataGrid1.DataSource = dsBible; DataGrid1.DataBind(); Now, if I save the contents into a xml text file, my datagrid render the data fine. My suspicion is the webmethod is sending me escap sequences (CR, LF, etc..) and if its saves onto a text f...

I am having problems with "Calendar"
Hi all I'm trying to make a calendar that cycles (January February March etc.) starting from 2010 to when ever in MS Publisher. I have Calendar Creator by Broudbund that does this but whenever I converted to a PDF file, the file for each month is a little under 5 MB (I think because it is created as a JPEG file) which is not good for my application. Whenever I convert the MS Publisher "Calendar" to a PDF file it runs about 72 kB. But I haven't figured out how to sequence the program where it will automatically make a calendar page for each month while carrying o...

Outlook problems after WinXP updates
I installed critical updates for Windows XP on my laptop Wednesday. Nowmy Outlook hangs and I am unable to send new messages or reply to messages while using VPN. Any ideas? Suggestions? ...

Importing Data From Access Problem
I'm trying to import some query results from MS Access into Excel using the Import External Data function. Some of the queries are coming across OK, others are only bringing the column headers across and some are bringing partial data. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks Helena ...

Duplicating reocords from main form and subform receiving Runtime Error 3022
I am trying to develop a command button that will duplicate the main form and the subform information and save it to another record within the same tables. I used Allen Browne's program and modified it to fit my tables. At first it would copy the main form and not the subform data so I made some changes and now I am getting the Runtime error 3022. I have worked on this off and on for about 2 weeks. Any help on getting this to run will be greatly appreciated. Below is my code: Private Sub Command78_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Purpose: Duplicate the main ...

Namespace problem
I've the following code, taken from http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml02172003.asp to select a node from RSS file. However, I'm always getting a null returning for the SelectSingleNode(), why? if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals("RDF") && feed.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI.Equals("http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-s yntax-ns#")) { NamespaceUri = "http://purl.org/rss/1.0/"; } else if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals("rss")) { NamespaceUri = feed.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI; } ...

Integration manager VBScript email problem
I am doing something wrong with my Document Error script and I can't pinpoint the problem. This script should send an email when a document error is encountered with a link to the log file (I would really rather send the file as an attachemnt, but I was never able to get it to work so this is the second best option). Everything with this script works until I add the file link in the objMessage.HTMLBody. It will send the message, however, the message just says "False". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you! 'Set path to the log files Set pFSO = ...

Public Folder replication problems Exchange 2003
We have two Exchange 2003 sites between which we replicate some public folders. This was working fine until recently, when one folder stopped replicating in one direction - i.e. postings made to the replica appear in the original folder, but not vice-versa. At the same time we started receiving numerous 1110 Events: Error 0x4ed occurred while writing per-user information for a.user@company.co.uk on database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (SERVER)". The event is repeated multiple times - I assume once for each user, though I haven't actually checked. If neces...

Active sync problem in wince5.0 when de-activate "Enable KITL" in release mode
Hi, My Usb fucntion driver with active sync support in wince 5.0 is working fine with de-activate "Enable KITL" support in debug mode. By de-activate "Enable KITL" in RELEASE mode, active sync is not working. Any idea ? Regards - D. Does it work if you Enable KITL in a release build? Do you have ActiveSync included in your release build? What are you using as your default USBF client? Check your COM ports, the COMx x number may have changed. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/brucee...

Outlook Express #2
I have Outlook Express installed on two computers at two separate residences. Both are set to check the same comcast email address. One works fine but the other I keep getting errors when I try to send out emails etc. Should I be able to use Outlook express at two separate locations to check the same email at different times without a problem. Sounds a bit like the problem I am having (see my post from earlier today). Both my PCs are configured the same: one keeps prompting me for the POP3 password for each e-mail account, the other I have been able to successfully save the pa...

2 Axes, same scale wanted
Hi Is it possible to set my second y axis so that the scale is identical to the first y axis. (My chart needs to have 2 axes as one plots daily values and one plots annual) but I find that excel automatically assigns diferent scales to each? This same reference should apply to dual axis charts. You can apply scales to both primary and secondary axes using worksheet cells via Jon's explanation below. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "jonny" wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to set my sec...

Data validation for 2 valid values
I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list appear. How do I do that with Data->Validation? Data>validation>allow>list, put the 2 values separated by a comma in the source box, uncheck in cell dropdown -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ujuB%23w52DHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list > appear. > > How do I do that with Data->Validation? > > Using a list, as Peo suggested, will force users to match the ...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

Total from a Query to a Form
Hello, I have several queries that have count totals from certain fields in a table. I would like to be able to insert those totals (just the numbers) on certain places in another form for a manager's summary view. How can I make this possible. Thanks in advance. On Sep 25, 8:34 am, Chris <chris.ho...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have several queries that have count totals from certain fields in a > table. I would like to be able to insert those totals (just the > numbers) on certain places in another form for a manager's summary > view. How can I ma...