Formatting Toolbar is grayed out and can't use

Hello all,

I have XP, and Microsoft Office 2003 on my computer.  When I write an email
I am unable to use the formatting bar... bold, color, etc.  The bar is
visible but grayed out.....  There must be a setting somewhere which is
prohibiting its use...  can anyone help?

Thanks

0
rabdell (3)

shrink2005 <rabdell@verizon.net> wrote:

> I have XP, and Microsoft Office 2003 on my computer.  When I write an
> email I am unable to use the formatting bar... bold, color, etc.  The
> bar is visible but grayed out.....  There must be a setting somewhere
> which is prohibiting its use...  can anyone help?

In what format are you composing the message?  The formatting toolbar will
be unavailable with a Plain Text format message.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/12/2006 10:24:36 PM
That's it Brian,

Thanks....

> shrink2005 <rabdell@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> I have XP, and Microsoft Office 2003 on my computer.  When I write an
>> email I am unable to use the formatting bar... bold, color, etc.  The
>> bar is visible but grayed out.....  There must be a setting somewhere
>> which is prohibiting its use...  can anyone help?
>
> In what format are you composing the message?  The formatting toolbar will
> be unavailable with a Plain Text format message.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
rabdell (3)
4/13/2006 8:54:40 PM
Thanks, Brian,

That was it!

> shrink2005 <rabdell@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> I have XP, and Microsoft Office 2003 on my computer.  When I write an
>> email I am unable to use the formatting bar... bold, color, etc.  The
>> bar is visible but grayed out.....  There must be a setting somewhere
>> which is prohibiting its use...  can anyone help?
>
> In what format are you composing the message?  The formatting toolbar will
> be unavailable with a Plain Text format message.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
rabdell (3)

Charting a calculated number using the source data as the axis
I would like to chart the result of a series of calculations. I am calculating net debt to ebitda and the result will be 2.0, 2.5. etc. I wish to plot the result but show the original numbers used for the axis. In other words I want net debt to be one axis and ebitda the other with a line representing the result of net debt / ebitda (2.0, 3.0, etc.). Thanks for assistance. Select your data range including your "net debt" and "ebitda" columns, then Insert Chart, and use the XY chart type. -- David Biddulph "Ebreese" <Ebreese@discussions.microsoft.com&...

How do I resolve too many different formats in a spreadsheet?
Iam trying to enter more data into a spreadsheet and the above message keep on poping up and it is not allowing me to get on with any more entries. Can you help me resolve this please?. Hi D, See MSKB Article # 213904: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 --- Regards, Norman "Samp D" <Samp D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B1582E3-6055-4200-8A1D-12BBF4B2666A@microsoft.com... > Iam trying to enter more data into a spreadsheet and the above message > keep > on poping up and it is not allowing me to get on with ...

Excel 2007 weird formatting issues
Does anyone here use Excel 2007 already? I began using it and when I tried to do my favorite border with dropped shadow, there was no longer such option in Excel 2007. Instead I can choose to create a rectangle box (Inser -> Illustrations -> Shapes -> Rectangle Box). However, the only way to have a dropped shadow is to have a solid filled box (which of course covers the cells underneath). If you don't choose solid fill then you are going to see shadows not only on bottom and right but also on top and left which makes the rectangle box look weird. Whatever happened to the regul...

How to Burn DVD using VC++ 6.0
I am writing an application to burn DVDs using Visual C++. Is there any way to burn a DVD using Visual C++ 6.0 EnterPrise Edition? I have a DVD-R media to burn. What I need to do is to first format them so that they can fit any data and then burn them with data from my harddisk. How can this be done? Are there any functions to do that? I know of mciSendCommand and DeviceIoControl. Can DVD burning be accomplished by using these 2 functions? If so can you just briefly go over the procedure involved(i.e.., what functions do I need to use for the important steps involved) to burn a DVD g...

Date Format #18
Greetings, I got a workbook that was done on English PC, but the ender user wil be using thier PC with Spanish setting, the issue is the date format i English is (mm/dd/yy) MONTH, DAY, YEAR but in Spainsh it's (dd/mm/aa DIA, MES, ANO . . . the main problem is the "YY" (YEAR) vs "AA" (ANO if a spanish PC is used and a date is entered it will cuase a erro like this "JAN-01-YYYY". 1- If there a way to force an English date format in this workbook an turn back Spanish. 2- Is there a VB solution to this. 3- I should I resort to a DATE forumla, e.g. drop box...

Re: OCX used within ASP page
"Tom Hoskins" <info_nospam@morovia.com> wrote in message news:... > Hi all, > > I am developing a OCX with MFC. One requirement is that it is able to send > drawings as JPG to web browser. Curretntly this OCX can save the drawing > into JPG, but how to make it send the JPG to the browser? I am newbie > to ASP, and anyone here can help? > > 1 million thanks in advance. > > ...

selecting chart data range using arrow keys
Hello, In the past I have been able to select the data range (ie source data) for a chart by (a) clicking on the little square button at the far right end of the source range, which brings me to the spreadsheet; and (b) then using arrow keys to move around and SHIFT select data. OK, I can still do this. But the rub is this: I used to be able to CTRL-arrow around to select ranges, which is very handy in big spreadsheets, since it can bring you to the next full cell (like using the Scout (#9) in Stratego). But now I can't CTRL-arrow around anymore to select chart data, leaving me...

Cell Formatting Defaults To Scientific
Hi I have a spreadsheet that a user is having problems with. One of the columns contains a job name which is made up of numbers and letters. If I enter 7E1, it immediately formats the cell to Scientific and turns the information into 7.00E+01 Even if I go in and format the cells to General and try to re-enter the details, it does exactly the same. Is there a way to stop this happening. Regards Formatting to General doesn't help, as you've found. Either format the cell as TEXT before you enter the data, or precede the data with an apostrophe. -- David Bid...

Need help with Conditional Formating
I have a cell with a formula that references two other cells (=LOOKUP(CONCATENATE(D6,E6),$V$1:$W$9)). If the two cells, D6 and E6 both contains the value of "H", then I want to format F6 to be Bold and Red. I have tried this: Cell Value is Equal to =AND(D6="H",E6="H") but it is not working. I have also tried: Formula Is =AND(D6="H",E6="H"), still no go. Can anyone help, point me in the right direction? Your "formula is" version worked for me. Are you sure you set the format? Axel Van Kampen wrote: > > I have a cell wi...

"Allow Microsoft Dynamics CRM to send e-mail using CRM for Outlook
CRM 4: Is there a way to set this to "Checked" for all users by default? I can't seem to find where CRM is storing it in the database. Thanks. Hi emon, I think that's a registry setting on the user's worksation, as it relates to CRM for Outlook. you can read this article... http://blogs.salentica.com/direland/2009/09/21/pushing-crm-for-outlook-settings-to-the-masses/ Maybe you could push the registry change out somehow. Dave > CRM 4: Is there a way to set this to "Checked" for all users by > default? I can't seem to find where CRM is storing...

Terminal Server, CRM 3 for Outlook, Toolbars Go Inactive
I've got about 30 users in a Terminal Server who lose their CRM functionality in Terminal Server on a regular, intermittent basis. I see these in the event logs, but the 5908 event only is recoreded once and it doesn't actually seem to correspond with when a user reports the issue, nor does it happen every time they report it. It is happening on two different Terminal Servers with many different users. Any help? Thanks, NW Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMAddin Event Category: None Event ID: 5908 Date: 6/30/2007 Time: 5:09:26 PM User: N/A Computer: TERMINAL3 Descript...

Which services does GP use
We're trying to disable unused services on our GP server. Does anyone know which services are required to run GP other than MSSQLSERVER? The SQL Server agent service, while not required specifically for GP, might be used for SQL Server. Other than those two, that's it. "RYF" wrote: > We're trying to disable unused services on our GP server. Does anyone know > which services are required to run GP other than MSSQLSERVER? ...

my publisher won't publish using the steps given. any suggestions
i do all the steps & a window pops up saying the site is loading but nothing happens. You need to ask this in the Publisher Web Design newsgroup. There is lots of help here http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/category/1921.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mary" <mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCCF02E2-1E35-4072-9467-EA5636AAB720@microsoft.com... >i do all the steps & a window pops up saying the site is loading but nothing > happens. ...

Date in numeric format
I am trying to format dates in a spreadsheet. These dates are in a mixed format. They change to a five digit format (for e.g. 06/03/2005 is represnted by a five digit no. - 38417). I am unable to sort the date because it is not in the correct format even if I change it to date. Is there any way I can convert these numbers back to the date format therefore allowing me to sort them. Mnay thanks in advance -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Dates are just numbers with a special representation in the spreadsheet. Sorting should work regardless of how they are formatted. -- HTH Bo...

Using HTML content as a Signature on Outlook 2000
Hi All, Have a HTML file that I need to setup as my signature in Outlook. I have been able to copy the Source, but the Preview Pane, and also the New Email window lists the Source and not the Resultant output. Have tried the above setting using the Message Format as HTML. Would appreciate assistance on the same. Warm Regards, Amar ...

Using Named Range in LOOKUP formula?
My LOOKUP formula currently reads: =((LOOKUP($I6,$A$2:$A$7,$D$2:$D$7)-J6)+(LOOKUP($I6,$A$2:$A$7,$G$2:$G $7))) I would like to change this so the ranges are columns in a Named Range. Something like: =((LOOKUP($I6,Range_Col1,Range_Col4)-J6)+ (LOOKUP($I6,Range_Col1,Range_Col7))) The range name will be selected in a drop-down (data validation) in another cell. So "Range_Col1" actually needs to be referenced from the value selected in K10. Can this be done with formulas? Or do I need a macro? Ed Assuming your named range refers to A1:G7 You can use an expression like this: INDEX...

Conditional format when #N/A
Hi, I have a Vlookup function in column H of a worksheet (which is written in code as part of a macro). I want to do conditional formatting if the vlookup result is #N/A (which I would also like to be part of my macro). I need to do this for all the cells in column H, not just one specific cell. In the worksheet, I may or may not have a #N/A to highlight. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED...as I have been trying to figure this out for 3 hours now. Thanks, Sara if(iserror(vlookup(blah blah blah),1,vlookup(blah blah blah)) basically, this changes teh result of the formula to 1 ...

Toolbars in Excel 2007
In Word 2007, if a Word 2003 document/template that contains a custom toolbar is opened, the buttons from the toolbar appear under the Add-ins tab. The same does not appear to be the case in Excel. Is therefore adding macros to the QAT or Customizing the Ribbon the only option with Excel 2007? If that is the case, and it is going to be necessary to modify a template one way or the other for use in Excel 2007, I might as well Customize the Ribbon due to the limited choice of icons for the QAT. -- Thanks, Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft....

Using IsError with Match
I have a list box from which a user may select a client. My code then looks through a list of employees to find the ones belonging to that client. For various reasons, it is possible to select a client that might not be represented in the list of employees (it's necessary, I assure you). In case the user selects a client that isn't in the employee list, I wanted to catch this and avoid an error message. The code that is supposed to do this is below. If IsError(Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(ClientNum, ClientEEs, 0)) = True Then ' Do stuff End If Howev...

Do any of the Grade book templates using Excel average grades?
I am interested in using the Office Templates to track grades for the upcoming school year. Does anyone know if it will average grades as I enter them or do I have to average & enter them, using Office only for recording? ...

Make Outlook 2003 use default browser
I have installed FireFox to test it... and so far I cannot get Outlook 2003 to use the default browser, namely FireFox, it will open the link in FireFox then open IE as well. Obviously that gets really annoying, any ideas? woops, correct reply e-mail is paul@paulhaskew.com >-----Original Message----- >I have installed FireFox to test it... and so far I cannot >get Outlook 2003 to use the default browser, namely >FireFox, it will open the link in FireFox then open IE as >well. > >Obviously that gets really annoying, any ideas? >. > > woops, correct reply...

HELP The program is in a invalid format, and cannot be run
"The program is in a invalid format, and cannot be run. It may be damaged" when I try to run it on Win98". I'm using VC 2003 with MFC. Thank's Fabio check Unicode / MBCS , Win98 should use MBCS. "fba" <fba@interfree.it> wrote in message news:uPHiwLM$GHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > "The program is in a invalid format, and cannot > be run. It may be damaged" when I try to run it on Win98". > I'm using VC 2003 with MFC. > > Thank's > Fabio > > > > "The program is in a invalid format, a...

Looping macros using VB code
I am trying to loop a macro in excel. The macro will merge, for example, cells F3:H3. I want the macro to perform the merge for all rows that have data in column F. Does anybody know what code will make this work? Thanks in advance. Mergedcells can break lots of things. I only use them when I really, really have to. But how about something like: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myCell As Range Dim myRng As Range With ActiveSheet Set myRng = .Range("f1", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp)) End With For Each myCell In myRng....

Any way to format Out-of-Office Assistant in Outlook 2007?
We have a company policy regarding signatures in emails -- specific font, size, color, etc. We would like to have the signaure appear in outgoing messages from the Out-of-Office Assistant, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it. The messages always come back as Courier New. We're a technology company, and this looks very unprofessional. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS! KathyN <KathyN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have a company policy regarding signatures in emails -- specific > font, size, color, etc. We would like to have the signau...

custom button in custom toolbar #2
OL 2002 SP3 Win XP HE SP1 Follow-up to: microsoft.public.outlook Hi, How do I create a custom button for a customized search I have saved as ..oss, in a new custom toolbar I have created for that purpose/or just as an addition to the regular toolbar? Tx a lot. ...