Format of pasted language

I have Word and Outlook 2007.

In Word, I use Times New Roman Font, 12 pt.  When I paste content into
Outlook, it comes up in Cailibri, 11 pt.

As far as I know, there is no element of Calibri in my Word document.

How can I get the TNR to stay TNR in Outlook?

Thanks for the help.

George Lutz

You can make TNR 12 pt the default font in Outlook. You can go to Tools then
Options and click on the Mail Format tab.

"George Lutz" wrote:

> I have Word and Outlook 2007.
>
> In Word, I use Times New Roman Font, 12 pt.  When I paste content into
> Outlook, it comes up in Cailibri, 11 pt.
>
> As far as I know, there is no element of Calibri in my Word document.
>
> How can I get the TNR to stay TNR in Outlook?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> George Lutz
0
ChadJ (7)
6/2/2008 1:04:00 AM
Is outlook using plain text or HTML format?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"George Lutz" <GeorgeLutz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Word and Outlook 2007.
>
> In Word, I use Times New Roman Font, 12 pt.  When I paste content into
> Outlook, it comes up in Cailibri, 11 pt.
>
> As far as I know, there is no element of Calibri in my Word document.
>
> How can I get the TNR to stay TNR in Outlook?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> George Lutz

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
6/2/2008 3:34:22 AM
Diane:

HTML format.

Thanks.

George Lutz

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:

> Is outlook using plain text or HTML format?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "George Lutz" <GeorgeLutz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have Word and Outlook 2007.
> >
> > In Word, I use Times New Roman Font, 12 pt.  When I paste content into
> > Outlook, it comes up in Cailibri, 11 pt.
> >
> > As far as I know, there is no element of Calibri in my Word document.
> >
> > How can I get the TNR to stay TNR in Outlook?
> >
> > Thanks for the help.
> >
> > George Lutz

Nested functions in conditional formatting formulae
I am trying to format a range of cells as a function of cell value compared with other cells. My attempts have failed so far. For e.g.: =OR(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN())=$B$18,ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN())=$B$17) =OR(INDIRECT(CONCATENATE("R",(ROW()+1),"C",COLUMN()),FALSE)=B17) I do not wish to write VB code. Thanks in advance for any ideas. Maybe you could post what you are trying to achive it's hard to guess what you are trying to do -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3331CF9E-E84E-44D0-8186-6F9E19DEE2...

auto copy cell format
Hello, I have a complex spreadsheet in which I use cell formatting (shading) to illustrate where one cell value is being copied elsewhere in the same sheet. So for example I have a value 2.34 in cell C3 which is shaded pink, and another cell G24 also 2.34 also shaded pink. It is helpful for display purposes. I can set G24 to 2.34 just by setting the cell '=C3'. But can I set it to pink in a similar way? I have Excell 2007. I know how to copy a cell format using the format painter, no problem. But I have several cell connections of this sort and an automated way of doing it w...

Excel Formatting to look like Project
I was raised on Primavera Teamplay so project is somewhat new to me. I need to get updates on schedules from people designated as "project leads", I have listed these people in the "contact" column in Project. I can sort by that column than copy/paste to Excel....easy enough My problem is I would ideally like that "wbs structure" or I guess in project the "summary" task to remain formatted like it looks in project ... the indentions, bolding, etc. In Primavera this was fairly easy to do, by creating a report to export data to an ASCI file then import...

How can I format a cell so date field only displays the Month?
I'd like to have cells with date fields only display the Month. Instead of MM-YY or MM-DD-YY...I'm looking for just MMMM. Thank you. On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:35:01 -0800, "tk_2u" <tk_2u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'd like to have cells with date fields only display the Month. Instead of >MM-YY or MM-DD-YY...I'm looking for just MMMM. >Thank you. Format/Cells/Number Custom: mmmm --ron Right-click on the cell with the date in it > FormatCells > NumberTab > Custom > ..type MMMM in the window Vaya con Dios, Chuck CABGx3 "t...

Conditional Formatting dates #2
In column A are dates starting at 01/01/2004 and going to 12/31/2004 by day. I want to use conditional formatting to highlight paydates. The best logic I can 'write' is ... starting (and including) on Jan 2nd, 2004 and every 14 days thereafter, highlight the cell blue. Can anyone give me a solution to do that? TIA, AlanN Alan, Use a CF condition of Formula Is, with a formula of =MOD(A1,14)=6 then format as required -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "AlanN" <me@...

Invalid File Format
When I start Excel I get an initial message that says ssipro97.dot is an invalid format. Any idea why this would come up? It doesn't seem to affect how Excel works, it's just annoyint. ...

Formatting text within a cell
I'm pretty new to Excel ... I want to emulate my formatting in Word of a title with several bulleted subpoints indented and under it. Every time I hit "Enter" for a new line, I get skipped to a new cell. Any help will be appreciated. When editing a cell, if you hold down the [Alt] key when you press [Enter], that will put the subsequent text on a new line in the same cell. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "AV Guy" wrote: > I'm pretty new to Excel ... I want to emulate my formatting in Word of a > title with several bullete...

Spelling language keeps reverting to US
We have exchange 2000, and this computer is on a windows 2000 domain the client program is Outlook 2003. This user's spelling language resets back to US, every time we set it to Australia. Steps we are taking: 1. We start outlook 2. tools -> options -> spelling 3. At international dictionaries -> Language drop down list, we select "English (Australia)" 4. click OK 5. go back into tools -> options -> spelling 6. discover that the drop down list selection displays "English (U.S.)" What needs to happen to make it stick? In news:OVp5PgjFGHA.2696@TK...

pasting a block of text into one cell
Hi everybody, I'm trying to paste a few passages from a book, surrounded by a trim() command, into a single cell of a worksheet. Since this has multiple lines, and tabs at the beginning of each line, the paste occurs in multiple rows and the trim() command doesn't work. Does anyone know how to paste something like this into one cell? For clarity, the block is like this: =trim( " blah blahhhhhhh zzzzz ") (with tabs before each line) Is there any way to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jezzica85 Hi, Try the =CLEAN(A1) function. -- Tha...

language Code for Danish and Swedish?
language code for English is 1033. Can somone tell me the language code for Danish and Swedish. A reference from Microsoft sites will be appreciated. Regards, uMar Khan >language code for English is 1033. Can somone tell me the language code for >Danish and Swedish. A reference from Microsoft sites will be appreciated. Swedish 1053, Danish 1030 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/882ca1eb-81b6-4a73-839d-154c6440bf70.asp Mattias -- Mattias Sj�gren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/ | http://www.dotnetinterop.com Please reply only to th...

Data Security & Flash Drive Formatting
Last week I placed some sensitive files on a flash drive for a brief period (two or three hours) before deleting them. At this point, I'd like to make sure that these deleted files CANNOT be recovered, and I know there are tools out there that *can* restore deleted files. I need to make sure that any such tools will NOT be able to recover the files in question. So, I'm wondering if a "low-level" format operation would flip all the 1's to 0's (so to speak), such that these files would be certainly unrecoverable. Would formatting do the trick? And wo...

placing style separator icon onto formatting toolbar
I had the style separator icon on my formatting toolbar (Microsoft 2003 Word) and it has been deleted. How do I put it back there? Thank you. ...

Copy selected list box value and paste it to a txtbox
Hi all, I have 1 listbox,1cmdButton and 1 txtBox in my form. I want every time the user click the cmdButton,the selected listbox value is added to the txtBox,if the user click it more than once,the value in the txtBox separated by * ; *. How to do that? Thank's Shiro This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0751_01C875A0.0C66F3F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Shiro, Put your code in the onClick event of the command button.=20 If Len(Nz(Me!txtBox.Value)) > 0 Then Me!txtBox.Val...

2010 Format Questions Please
Excel 2010 - I am using a sheet created by someone else and would like to delete the following 2 formats that I am unfamiliar with: 1. In the upper left corner of many cells are little green "wedgies", how do I get rid of them? NOTE: I unchecked OPTIONS/FORMULAS "formulas referring to empty cells" and about 1/2 of the wedgies disappeared. 2. Some of the cells have a yellow background color even though I have chosen none for the fill option. I believe this has something to do with a conditional formatting. How do I get rid of the background color? Thanks in advance... Bob...

How do I name a picture as I paste it from VBA? (ActiveSheet.Past.
I want to use VBA (and maybe some variation of the ActiveSheet.Paste command?) to paste the image on the clipboard into Excel under a certain name i.e. "samplepicture". I have tried "ActiveSheet.Paste.samplepicture" and "ActiveSheet.Shapes("samplepicture").Paste" but can't seem to find a good syntax. Leitey, When you paste, it'll be selected. ActiveSheet.Paste Selection.Name = "samplepicture" -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com/ ------------------------------------------- "Leitey" <Leitey@discussions.micr...

ghange format
I have a column in a query that represent days the field look like NYYYYYN I would like to have the formatted to –MTWTF- Can someone tell me how to do this? I am sorry, but I don't understand what NYYYYN represents. I assume that YYYY represents the year. Can you post an example of the data in the field, the type of the data (is it a text field, a number field, or a date field), and what that equates to? For example, the solution if the field is a date field and you want the name of the day would be Format([DateField],"ddd") for three character day Format([DateFiel...

Date formats in Office vX & 2004
In Word vX and 2004 when I try to insert a date, the dates that are listed are the US mm/dd/yy formatted dates. The problem I have is that I want dd/mm/yy to be the format of the date inserted. The same goes for Excel vX and 2004, when I try to format a cell/column/row to a date format, the only formats listed are again the mm/dd format and dd/mm is not even listed under the date section. I have to go down to custom to get the dd/mm formats. I am currently using 10.3.4 and my International System Preference is set to Australian. On 8/4/04 5:34 PM, in article news_-359624.12345605082...

Paste Formula
How can I put a "Paste Formula" command on to the toolbar similar to the "Paste Formatting" and "Paste Values" Having to go to Past Special and select it every time is a pain. There is no such Icon. You would have to use a macro assigned to a button. Sub Paste_Formulas() Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub Select a range and copy. Select a destination cell then hit button to run macro. No error-checking in macro. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:31:01 -0800...

Switch Language for fields.
Hi, I am working on an English Document in an English version of Office on a German PC. My citations use S. instead of p. for pages in citations. How can I change that? Regards In the "Edit Source" dialog, there is a Language dropdown list at the top right corner where you can set your source's language. The available choices depend on your settings. Also, right click on a citation or bibliography field and select "Edit Field...". You will see a format string containing \l followed by a 4 digit number. The latter is the locale used to represent yo...

Formatting the Date in Header/Footer
Hi When using the Date tab in either the header or the footer, the date is displayed as: 21/11/03. Is there any way to insert a custom date into the header. I have to insert the date as: 21 November 2003. I have tried: &(Date/dd mmmm yyyy) but no such luck. Any help would be most welcome. Thanking you in advance. Regards Sue I think you'll need a macro: Right click on the Excel Icon to the left of the worksheet menubar (File|edit|View...) and select view code: Paste this in: Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With Worksheets("s...

(User Defined) Function for Copy&Paste?
Dear Excel Power Users, I have a problem with copy of formated text to another sheet. Cell contains multiple fonts and sizes but copies only the first font and size as format for the whole contents example: Sheet1!A1 : mahIgGABEI (a=alpha) (ABEI=superscript) using the " =A1 " function in for example Sheet2: Sheet2!A1=Sheet1!A1 becomes mahIgGABEI (all normal Arial) using Copy&Paste works fine ! Can this be solved using a function instead of Copy&Paste specific cells to other sheets by hand, I cannot vindt the function doing what Copy&Paste does. I've found th...

Spell Check / Language Issue with Office (Outlook) 2003
When performing a spell check on a word/spelling that's underline in red while typing, the 'Add to Dictionary' is greyed out and not allowing any words to be added. Can this be fixed? Depends on the version of Word you are using. Have you tried detect and = repair? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Ben asked: | When performing a spell check on a word/spelling that's underline in | red wh...

Conitional formatting query
I have 3 columns of data : A, B and C These have numeric price values in them, although one or all could be empty. I want to highlight the lowest value cell that is actually populated. e.g. A1 is empty, B1 is 3.50, C1 is 10.00 - B1 should be highlighted as it is the lowest value A2 is 1.25, B2 is empty, C2 is empty - A1 should be highlighted A3, B3 and C3 are all empty - none should be highlighted. Any ideas how I use conditional formatting to recognise the lowest? Hi Stainless, Conditional Formatting Formula Is =AND(A1=MIN($A1:$C1),A1<>"") Biff >-----Original...

Paste to next empty cell in named range of cells
I need Macro or code to paste between 1 to 6 entries from a form "ins" to a range of cells on a summary document "dcs", and clear "ins" entries. Then be able to use "ins" again and post to "dcs" starting at next empty cell in range. Is "ins" a UserForm or is it a regular worksheet that you've set up to look like a nice, neat data entry form? I'm going to assume it's a worksheet set up to look like a data entry form -- if that's correct, we need to know: which cells will be accepting data that is to...

Using Format and DateAdd
Hello, can't understand what I'm doing wrong here.. I'm getting a 'The expression you entered contains invalid syntax' message. =DCount("[Client_ID]","tblClients","Format([d_received],"mmyyyy") = #" & Format(DateAdd("mm",-11,[Forms]![frmReports].[txtYourEndDate]),"mmyyyy") & "# ") I'm trying to get the total for each of twelve months into text boxes. The above code, I hoped, would give me the total number of clients received in the first month of a twelve month period. The text box givi...