Form of phone numbers in contact list

I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook
Contacts list.  The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is supposed
to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact (should the
number be in my contacts list) isn't working.  According to help from
Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're being loaded
on the Blackberry from MS Outlook.  Specifically, apparently the fact that
the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead of something
like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizing that the incoming
number is one that is in the contacts list...  So, the question here is how
do I change the form in which the phone number is stored in MS Outlook to be
###-###-#### instead of (###) ###-####?

Thanks, Don

0
holmesdw (2)

Clearly that is Blackberry's job, not Outlook's. Outlook's job is to present
one consistent format to all clients. It is the clients' responsibility to
know what that format is and how to use it. Tell Blackberry to get its act
together.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Don Holmes" <holmesdw@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook
>Contacts list.  The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is
>supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact
>(should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working.  According to
>help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're
>being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook.  Specifically, apparently
>the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead
>of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizing that the
>incoming number is one that is in the contacts list...  So, the question
>here is how do I change the form in which the phone number is stored in MS
>Outlook to be ###-###-#### instead of (###) ###-####?
>
> Thanks, Don

0
russval1 (2100)
11/20/2007 6:35:29 PM
Hello Russ,

Well, as much as I may agree with you the answer wasn't very helpful as I've
clearly worked this with Blackberry already.  I've also seen other posts by
MVPs that indicate that indeed Outlook is configurable regarding the form of
the phone numbers stored in Contacts.  So, please ignore the reason for my
question and let me know if there is a public way to configure Outlook to
store the numbers in different ways.

Thanks, Don

> Clearly that is Blackberry's job, not Outlook's. Outlook's job is to
> present one consistent format to all clients. It is the clients'
> responsibility to know what that format is and how to use it. Tell
> Blackberry to get its act together.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Don Holmes" <holmesdw@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>>I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook
>>Contacts list.  The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is
>>supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact
>>(should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working.  According to
>>help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're
>>being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook.  Specifically, apparently
>>the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead
>>of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizing that
>>the incoming number is one that is in the contacts list...  So, the
>>question here is how do I change the form in which the phone number is
>>stored in MS Outlook to be ###-###-#### instead of (###) ###-####?
>>
>> Thanks, Don

0
holmesdw (2)
11/20/2007 7:55:35 PM
Not sure what you were seeing, but in fact masking of phone numbers in
Outlook is hard coded and always has been for the reasons I mentioned. I
don't see how Outlook could be designed any other way.
--
> Hello Russ,
>
> Well, as much as I may agree with you the answer wasn't very helpful as
> I've clearly worked this with Blackberry already.  I've also seen other
> posts by MVPs that indicate that indeed Outlook is configurable regarding
> the form of the phone numbers stored in Contacts.  So, please ignore the
> reason for my question and let me know if there is a public way to
> configure Outlook to store the numbers in different ways.
>
> Thanks, Don
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Clearly that is Blackberry's job, not Outlook's. Outlook's job is to
>> present one consistent format to all clients. It is the clients'
>> responsibility to know what that format is and how to use it. Tell
>> Blackberry to get its act together.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Don Holmes" <holmesdw@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>>>I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook
>>>Contacts list.  The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is
>>>supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact
>>>(should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working.  According to
>>>help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're
>>>being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook.  Specifically, apparently
>>>the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-####
>>>instead of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from
>>>realizing that the incoming number is one that is in the contacts list...
>>>So, the question here is how do I change the form in which the phone
>>>number is stored in MS Outlook to be ###-###-#### instead of (###)
>>>###-####?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Don

0
russval1 (2100)
11/20/2007 8:16:30 PM
Don Holmes <holmesdw@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Well, as much as I may agree with you the answer wasn't very helpful
> as I've clearly worked this with Blackberry already.  I've also seen
> other posts by MVPs that indicate that indeed Outlook is configurable
> regarding the form of the phone numbers stored in Contacts.  So,
> please ignore the reason for my question and let me know if there is
> a public way to configure Outlook to store the numbers in different
> ways.

Enter your phone numbers with no punctuation (i.e., ### ### ####) so that
Outlook cannot recognize it as a phone number and I think Outlook will leave
it alone.  Perhaps your BB will be able to handle that.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/21/2007 2:42:49 PM
Doesn't work here. Any 10 digits you enter get masked unless you enclose
them in quotation marks.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> Don Holmes <holmesdw@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, as much as I may agree with you the answer wasn't very helpful
>> as I've clearly worked this with Blackberry already.  I've also seen
>> other posts by MVPs that indicate that indeed Outlook is configurable
>> regarding the form of the phone numbers stored in Contacts.  So,
>> please ignore the reason for my question and let me know if there is
>> a public way to configure Outlook to store the numbers in different
>> ways.
>
> Enter your phone numbers with no punctuation (i.e., ### ### ####) so that
> Outlook cannot recognize it as a phone number and I think Outlook will
> leave it alone.  Perhaps your BB will be able to handle that.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
russval1 (2100)

newbie question: read form properties from another class
Hi, I am sorry for this n00b question, but I'm stumped. I created a form application (using C#.NET Express). For now, it is a simple, singe form, that contains 1 button and 1 textbox. The button calls a method in another class. My question: how do I read the forms' textbox text from that class? My problem seems to be getting a proper reference to the form in my class. My background is VB6, where this was straightforward. I tried the following: -make the textbox public, -create a public property in the form, that returns the textbox text, -passing the form ob...

RMA Number Too Long
Is there a way to shorten the RMA from 12 digits after the RMA prefix in Setup? If so, where? I know that you don't have to type all of the leading zeros, but when this number passes to invoicing, it is causing some printing problems because it is so long. I probably could take out some of the leading zeros using Modifier with VBA and Report Writer, but I would have to do that for every form and report that I want to modify. Any suggestions? ------=_NextPart_0001_5AB69775 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Don, This is Angela; I'd be happy to answr yo...

Duplicate the record in form and subform
Hi Allen Browne, I try to use your code to duplicate the record in form and subform but I got a error message "Error#3265". BTW, my primary key value is not autonumber, how to change the code to fit my database? Thanks for your expert comments in advance! Presumably we are talking about this article: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-57.html The "Item not found" error was caused by which line? Whichever line it is, you have some name Access can't identify, e.g. you have not changed the field names to match what's in your form. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP...

How to pass Window name & Form Name Ananymously in procedure?
I want to create generalized procedure for navigation, save, delete, add etc. buttons. But I cannot pass name of the window,name of form anonymously to the procedure. Can I pass name of the window or form in a procedure anonymously as it can be done with tables and fields? I seem to recall that I spent some time on this in Dexterity, and couldn't get it to work. I wish you could. If you find out how, please post or mail me the solution. "Nupur" wrote: > I want to create generalized procedure for navigation, save, delete, add etc. > buttons. But I cannot pass ...

Query Based Distribution Lists #3
I can create QBDL based on STATE, ZIP, LASTNAME and many other fields. I would like to make a list based on Group Membership. There is a field under USER called MEMBER OF but it does not give me any results when I do a preview. I have many employees who work in multiple locations and need to belong to several different groups even though they have only one login and work out of a single office with the same address etc. So I made them members of groups based on the different location in which they work and wanted to send mail based on this membership. McMurray <McMurray@disc...

Address Book / Contacts don't appear in email message
I'm sure this question has be posted 10000's of times but i can't seem to locate it. I have just reinstalled windows XP Pro, outlook 2003. I have my email back up all my contacts and calendar info in order. But when i attempt to create a new email message my address book doesn't pop up to list the address's in the "TO" field so there's no way to check them. Thanks in advance for any info. -Matt nutshell222@hotmail.com If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings: Make su...

Control the number of records shown in a report/subreport.
I've posted this question before and when I follow the advice, I keep getting a circular reference error. So I'm hoping that if I post some more info, I may get insight as to what is going wrong. I have a report (BartS1report) it uses a query (BartS1Report). This report as a subreport (BartS1Sub2) that uses the query (BartS1). The report lists the customer name, address, and systems serviced. The subreport lists the systems serviced. The reports are connected through the Master/Child links Customer ID and the ServiceAddress. When there are more than 20 systems per ...

contacts vs address-book in Outlook (Office 2000)...
I have been synch-ing my addr-book between Outlook (from Office 2000 Premium) and a PDA (Palm-OS). So, my approx 100 people, with their email addr and some with other data (e.g.phone number and street addresses) were located in both the Outlook addr-book and the Palm. So, the other day, Win-XP got totally corrupted. I've recovered from that...a brand instance of the OS is now in place, and I struggled and finally got Office 2000 to finally install and work (a battle in its own right). I re-installed my Palm-OS software, so I can again 'synch' from its USB-cradle with the new ...

Lists Box
I have a form with fields; ID, DATE and QUANTITY. The Date andQuantity Field I've changed into a List Box showing the two columnsrespectively and the ID field is left as a normal text box. When Iclick on any item in the list box the ID change change according towhich ever entry I have selected. Unfortunetly ID field staysconstant!!Any suggestionsThanks Hi, Asif,did you include the ID field in the ListBox?The easiest solution:1) Add the ID field to the RowSource.2) Point the BoundColumn to the ID field.3) Set the ID field column width to 0.HTHVlado"Asif" <asifhashmani@hotmail.c...

e-mail the current worksheet using a form button
I want to create a submit button that when I click on it, the current worksheet/file will be e-mailed to someone. Instead of saving the file, then inserting into an e-mail. I have seen this before in a file before, but can't figure out exactly how it works. I happened to notice in the VB Editor I saw something like... CommandClick() Excel.Application.Send "myname@email.com" End Sub Or something similar to that. I don't know any VBA.. So if that's what I need to learn, then let me know. TIA Richard, check out Ron's site for a LOT of information on this http://...

List Box
I am stumped and need some assistance - PLEASE. New to List Boxes. I have created two unbound list boxes on an unbound form to use as criteria for a report. Both list boxes (lboxCategory and lboxSupplier) have two fields CategoryID and Category and SupplierID and Supplier sorting ascending on latter fields. The Multi-Select property is set to Extended. I have a command button cmdPreview that I would like to use to preview the report after selections are made. I will select two or more choices from each list box at a time. Can anyone get me started with the code I need to make this h...

keep lover level bullet list with previous bullet
Word 2007. I have a Heading then some paragraphs. Then a bullet list. How do I prevent a page from breaking in the middle of a lower level bullet list? In other words, how do I keep lower level bullets with it's upper level? For example: Many paragraphs o upper level bullet aaa - one aaa - two aaa - three aaa o upper level bbb - one bbb - two bbb - three bbb Right now I run out of room on the page and -two bbb goes to the next page. I can highlight the "bbb"s and under Paragraph/line and Page Breaks check Keep Lines Together. I may nee...

Custom Formatting numbers question
I have a spreadsheet with lot of millions numbers floating around. When I make graphs out of it, there's too much zeros. I don't want to divide all the numbers per 1 million. Is there a way to custom format those numbers with a mask that would take care of that problem for me ? i.e. 7 456 890.98$ would be represented with 7,457 M$ tia Double-click the numbers on your chart. Hit the Scale tab. From the Display units drop-down, choose Millions. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Junkyard Engineer" <jevandenbroucke@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

Formula to display Count of Days in given month, using list of Start and End Dates
I have a large number of rows that contain a start date and end date. I am attempting to generate a count of days within that date range that are in a particular month, for example, Jan of 2011. Any suggestions for a formula that could be used to display the amounts shown in Column C would be helpful. Layout is: A B C Start Date End Date Count of Days in Jan2011 1/10/11 4/7/11 21 2/6/11 3/1/11 0 12/20/10 2/15/11 31 Etc. Dave, I think the best way is to create a table f...

Text size in a drop-down list
I have created a drop down list using the Data>>Validation feature. The list is pulled from a range of values in the spreadsheet and a drop-down appears on each cell where the data validation is set. The problem I have is that the list text is very small, maybe 8 points. Changing the source data or the size of the validated cells makes no difference. Changing Excel default settings or Normal style text size settings doesn't make a difference. Does anyone know how to change the text size so that we can read the drop down text? A workaround http://www.contextures.com/x...

How to find the check form to use for GP 9.0
I don't want to use Deluxe as our check vendor. I want to use Harland. Microsoft MBS sales just gives us Deluxe's phone number, when we request help with obtaining the correct format for Harland checks. Harland has two check formats for GP payable checks. 1) Great Plains Accounting 7.0 - 9.0 2) Great Plains Dynamics Harland isn't sure and can't reference Deluxe. Thanks, John John, From what I can tell from Harland's website, you want the Laser Multi-Purpose checks they show under Microsoft Great Plains. That's the one with the check in the middle, stub on t...

Set a value on a form
I use the following code to open a form DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Is there any way to pass data to the form (through the constructor) or to set the value of a label on the form Thank you, Samuel You can use the OpenArgs argument to pass a value to the new form, and then use the new form's Load event to read the value and put it into a control on itself. First step -- pass the value: DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, , "ValueToPass" Second step - read the value and use it; this code goes with the Load event of the stDocName form: ...

Conditional Format
Hi, I want to assign a number to a certain conditional format. When the condition is true it should put a 1 in the cell and when the condition is false a zero or nothing should be assigned. Anyone? I seem to make the wrong code all the time. Thanks, Johanna Use the same test that the CF uses, and return 1 for TRUE and "" for FALSE. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Jootje" <Jootje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB0B3201-2DD9-466A-94FF-108691C77FAF@microsoft.com... > Hi, > >...

Exchange contact sync problems.
I have a problem with contact synconizations under Ex2003. We bought a (3rd party) modul for sync'ing contact between Axapta and Exchange. Only problem is, the address data is synced wrong and the company that sold us the modul, claims that the problem lies in our Exchange installation sins the module runs fine on other installations they've done. Fx: converting from Ax to Ex Zipcode is converted into the "provins" field cityname is converted into both city and zipcode field The other way zip -> cityname cityname just disapear The Ex2003 installation is a migration off...

Adding data to a list
I have a list of data that I want to add to or subtract from and I would like to be able to click on a button which would bring up a text box where I could insert the new data then sort the new list. Thanks, Mike Take a look at data>form -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mike" <mike@ehb-docks.fsbusiness.co.uk> wrote in message news:bultp0$8ee$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk... > I have a list of data that I want to add to or subtract from and I would > like to be able to click on a button which would bring up a text box where I > could insert the new data then sort the ne...

Item number/location code does not exist in inventory error
I'm using eConnect to do an SOP transaction and it has been working for months but with a new customer and a new site I'm getting an error. The error is: "Item number/location code does not exist in inventory". The same transactions are still working with other customers on other sites so it seems like it must be a set up issue in GP. The customer and site look like they're configured the same as the ones that work so I'm stumped. Does anyone know what the issue might be? Thanks, Matt Have you confirmed that the item number has been assigned to the new sit...

access forms 12-05-07
how can the minimum value from eight numeric fields be found & displayed displayed on the form, following manual entry? Your only way is through a series of If statements to determine the minimum. Remember, too, that you may need to handle missing data. You can use the Nz function in that case, but you need to be able to assign a reasonable value for comparison purposes if the value is Null. Dim lngMinimum As Long lngMinimum = Nz(Me.Field1, 9999) If Nz(Me.Field2, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngMinimum = Me.Field2 End If If Nz(Me.Field3, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngM...

how do I find a list of databases with correpsponding company name
Hello, I need to know how in GP to pull up a list of our companies with their corresponding SQL database names. I've done this a long time ago and remember it being easy but cannot remember where to do this. SELECT INTERID, CMPNYNAM FROM DYNAMICS..SY01500 "Tim Quiggle" <Tim Quiggle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0ECF5C5-74F9-494E-8C2E-B37EE12C8D0C@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I need to know how in GP to pull up a list of our companies with their > corresponding SQL database names. I've done this a long time ago and > rem...

Button form control does not work
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing. Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form where the button is but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in the second form eg i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma why d...

Outlook 2003 contact limit
Hi I have a excel spred sheet with 1300 contacts in it, i have some problems importing them into Outlook 2003 a lot of the contacts are not imported Is there a limit on how many contacts you can have? or am i doing something wrong Here is what i have done I have exported my contacts to a spread sheet and then added a lot of contacts and then tryed to import it again without success You are far below what the item count limit is. Outlook 97-2002 Personal folders 65,000 items per folder (max file size for pst is 2GB) Personal Folders (unicode) personal folders Unknown limit (artificial lim...