Forgot my PST File Password - HELP PLEASE?

Hello:

I have Outlook 2003 and I put the password on my PST file, but now I
can't remember it. Is there any way I can recover the password?

Thanks in advance,
Spuddy
0
spudy (15)

Spudy wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have Outlook 2003 and I put the password on my PST file, but now I
> can't remember it. Is there any way I can recover the password?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Spuddy

Google is your friend - many PST password-crackers out there....
0
gbplinux (1141)
11/22/2006 10:53:20 AM
Gordon <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Google is your friend - many PST password-crackers out there....

But none I've seen that handle Unicode PSTs (i.e., Outlook 2003 format) are
free.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
11/22/2006 1:47:32 PM
Brian Tillman wrote:
> Gordon <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Google is your friend - many PST password-crackers out there....
>
> But none I've seen that handle Unicode PSTs (i.e., Outlook 2003 format)
> are free.

Then the OP may have to fork out some dosh....depends how much he values
his email... ;-)
0
gbplinux (1141)

help needed with email hiccup
Can anyone help me. I have just got a new laptop that had Vista already installed (first mistake apparently) and when i try and send bulk emails from my normal distribution lists some of them are undeliverable with the following message: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Anyone??? Karen http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011128331033.aspx "Kaz" <k.greedy@bigpond.com.au> wrote in message news:A9053A89-8CF4-4AC6-9E6E-32843A301FD5@microsoft.com... : Can anyone help me. I have just got a new laptop that had Vista already : ...

Help! Outlook 2000 multiple e-mail accounts.
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000. I have set up five different email accounts and when I click on "Send/Receive" I can see the five accounts listed, but when I click on any one of them, the Inbox does not change, it stays with the Default Inbox. Even the Login window appears and I enter the login info, it still stays with the Default Inbox. At this point I cnanot access other e-mail accounts other than the Default one which appears everytime I open Outlook. Any suggestions/comments/assistances is much appreciated. Thank you. Thomas Do you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail ...

After Re-Install
HELP!!! After a crash and a re-install of Office we are now getting user name and password errors in Outlook 2002. We can access the same accounts via a www interface with the same account information. PLEASE help. I've downloaded all the service packs for XP and Office and I've tried un-installing and re-installing including deleting all of the profile information I can find and deleting Outlook's registry, but to no avail. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be fabulous. Please e-mail Monica@ViaSollertia.co.nz Thanks so much!!! Monica ...

Hidden files in Ms-Query cause ODBC connect errors or Query is wac
I have a Query fetch_from_bob that moves data (collapses records,unique key search, etc...) from excel spreadsheet "bob" to excel spreadsheet "fred". Fred and bob live in the same directory" c:\123directory" on the same computer. I allow this query to execute/refresh data automatically when one of the query paramaters is changed. This works great. I also have a macro that invokes the query to refresh the data whenever the user desires. This works great as well. The macro literally has all the VB code to execute the query. But I'm just a part time progra...

Help: Budget doesn't load bills for entire year
Budget reports only show the bill from the month it was created August and forward. Since I just upgraded from Quicken, all of the bills were paid before this month. How can I make money realize that the budget should include these as well. ...

PLEASE HELP--ERROR MESSSAGE
I have two error messages. The reason why I am getting this is because I got a new computer and I copied my old outlook information and put it in the new computer. Everytime I open my outlook this message appears and the only thin I have to do is click ok and everything works. But how do I fix it? I did reload outlook serval times and there error message still comes even if I do not put my old information in it. Error 1: "The add-in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSYNC.DLL" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repai...

Outlook: Can't open JPEG files
I have Outlook 2000 an unable to open JPEG files. What setting has to be changed to open these files? ...

File Edit toolbar is missing
The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing First thing to check: Tools|customize|toolbars tab|make sure worksheet menubar is selected. Well, maybe the first thing to check is to verify that you can see all of excel--it's not just off the display window??? stellarmellor wrote: > > The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing -- Dave Peterson ...

8192 rows limit when opening wk1 files ?
Hello, I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows, but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel. Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ? Thanks, Paul "paul" wrote... >I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows, >but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel. > >Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ? WK1 as in Lotus 1-2-3 Release 2.x native file format? Such .WK1 files support a single worksheet of 256 columns and 8,192 rows. PERIOD. Did you generate this '.WK1' file using a program other then...

Unable to change password
Hi, We have some users in domain A, who now have exchange accounts in domain B. They will log on to domain A as usual, then when they open outlook it prompts them for a logon to domain B. Works fine. Problem is that we gave them all a standard PW for domain B so we could check their mail was working. We now want them to change their passwords for domain B, so we selected 'user must change PW at next logon' in the AD. Sure enough they are prompted to change password when they open outlook, but the password change is never accepted. Can anyone help? Andy Cox ...

Office 2001 for Mac help needed!
As an undergrad, I received a copy of Microsoft Office 2001 for Mac and it is installed on my iMac that I used there. However, I just bought a new MacBook for graduate school and need to install Office on that computer now, but when I put the disk in and double click on install it wont work. All of the icons have an x on them and I believe it says it "This application cannot run on this system" or something to that effect. HELP! I need Office asap since classes start this week! Thank you Laura Hi Laura - Your best bet is to hie thee to the university bookstore & get the u...

Best way to read an xml file
Hi; If I need to read an XML file - basically the SAX approach where I just need each node in order - one pass, read-only - what is the best way to do this. It looks like it's XmlReader but I want to verify that. ??? -- thanks - dave "David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:BEA51BCB-B200-4104-B061-CA32FECD9DFD@microsoft.com... > If I need to read an XML file - basically the SAX approach where I just need > each node in order - one pass, read-only - what is the best way to do this. Yes, if your only requirement is a firehose forward reader,...

Help on percentages greater than 100
Thanks in advance for your assistance. I have a fairly larger list of numbers that needs to be divided to get a percntage. Due to restrictions, accesses etc some of the numbers which were accurate at the time will result in a number greater that 100%. These values (%) will eventually end up on a graph and should not exceed 100%. A B C 1 88 89 =b1/a1 (101%) 2 88 88 =b2/b2 (100%) the ( ) above are the results. What I need is a way to show the numbers that are > 100% but limit th...

Large Files with Strongly Typed Dataset
I have an xsd file that I use to create a strongly typed dataset in my project. In the past, I have used the ReadXml method to load xml files into the generated class and read data in using this class. These files have now become big (order of 100MB) and this completely kills the readxml performance. I have read multiple posts that tell you not to use datasets for large files. I even tried calling BeginLoadTables before starting the read. However, I really need the strongly typed dataset functionality in my program - it forms the core of my project. Is there a way I can load this data into t...

Missing rtl70bpl file
After receiving what seemed to be a false positive from Avast free Home edition I now get (after every restart), the following... "This application has failed to start because rtl70bpl was now found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem". Appreciate any advice on how to reinstall same. Have Googled for help but have not found the correct site. TIA. franktee Winxp Pro SP3 On Dec 3, 11:42=A0am, franktee <frank...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After receiving what seemed to be a false positive from Avast free Home > edition I now get (afte...

help
Hi, I'm trying to turn the warning message off when I use: Cells.Replace What:="Z Divisional Totals", Replacement:="Divisional Totals", LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False Second part is: Is there a way to check either the column and rows filled to create border where is pointed to "APPLYBORDER". Your help would be much apprecated. r = Range("A10").End(xlDown).Row ApplyBorder Range("A10", "A" & r) ApplyBorder Range("B10", "B" & r) ApplyBorder Range("C10", "C&qu...

Keeping Archive File in Folders List
I have a colleague who placed the Archive file at the top of her list of folders in Outlook so it is easy to open the Archive file and search for a message or appointment if necessary. She can't remember how she managed to do this and I would love to do this myself.Any suggestions? Thank You File-> OPen-> Outlook Data File... and browse to archive.pst -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

Error saving Excel files in a network drive
I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control" access to the shared folder... I have Windows XP and Office 2000. Thanks in advance Mateo. Hi Mateo, > I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error > saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and > then I have to open it and sav...

Help with passing a string variable into a parameter
hello! here is my problem. I have built a dynamic string called @filepath as char50 i need to place it in: SELECT * FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0', @filePath, 'SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$]') does any one know the correct syntax??? for passing a parameter here OPENROWSET does not accept variables as arguments. You have to use dynamic SQL to build your query (append the @filePath) and execute. -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com On Mar 11, 1:25=A0pm, Plamen Ratchev <Pla...@SQLStudio.com> wrote: > OPENROWSET does not accept variab...

Crime Analyst needs help...
I need an Excel macro to find clusters within a list of 6 figure eastin and northing co-ordinates. I can readily export a three column sprea sheet with the column headings: 'crime number' 'easting' 'northing' What I'm after is a Macro to produce additional columns with th headings: 'crimes within 10 metres' 'crimes within 50 metres' 'crimes within 100 metres' 'crimes within 1 kilometre' These can obviously be calculated from the easting and northin columns. I've had a go myself with no success. I've also looked on th web a...

Newbee needs help Combo Box access 2007
I have a access 2000 project that would all me to create a combo box the added the following code , so the values from the combo box would be stored in the current form . also when typing the code below access 2000 would bring up the code string example when typing me.s it would bring up the value "shipper" from the field list is this feature gone or just turned off on my copy Example of code From Access 2000 Private Sub Combo 40_AfterUpdate(cancel As Integer) me.shipper = me.combo40.Column(0) me.Address = me.combo40.Column(1) error This error occurs whe...

File in use .... is locked for editing
Please help. In Microsoft Excel 2000, we seem to be getting the above error message frequently. No other users are in the file, and there aren't any temporary files relating to the file in question. Any ideas on what is causing this? We are running a mixture of Windows 2000 & XP machines on to a Small Business Server 2000. Hope to hear from someone soon Regards Simon I think you killed the usual answer of cleaning the temp folder. But have you rebooted? Maybe there's a hidden instance of excel running that "owns" the file. And if the file/workbook is on a net...

VSTO 2005: Error in Schema Files Generation
In XML schema generation from a WordML document, VSTO 2005 VSTO creates 6 files (general naming pattern): XML.XSD ... XML5.XSD. For our file names we use a special syntax for additional information on the project status. - Syntax for file names: {PRE}={TOPIC}_{POST}.{STATUS}.{FORMAT} Now, VSTO 2005 modifies its general naming pattern to XML.{STATUS}{I}.{FORMAT}. - Example - XML.ABCD.XSD - XML.ABCD1.XSD (instead of XML1.ABCD.XSD) - ... - XML.ABCD5.XSD (instead of XML5.ABCD.XSD) I consider this behavior of VSTO 2005 as a programming error. - Is this consideration correct? - How ...

No menu bars appear on newly installed Outlook 2003 (PST file)
I just built up a new system (Windows XP SP2, Office 2003 Pro) and move my Outlook.pst file over from my old system. Since I had Norton Internet Security 2005 installed, the anti-spam toolbar was displayed. However, after only a few hours of usage, the menu bars are not working properly: 1. When I start up Outlook and mail is displayed, there are no menu bars displayed. None. 2. If I go to the lower left corner navigation bar and select mail and Open in New Window, the standard and formatting menu bars are displayed. But the Norton Anti-Spam bar does not display. 3. When I open an indiv...

Reading EML files
Does anyone know if Outlook can be configured to open .eml files? I wrote a program that creates .eml files. Outlook Express can open them but Outlook can't. Is there a way to get Outlook to open these? If not, does anyone know how I can create a file that Outlook can open (such as a .msg)? Is there a COM object that creates these? Any help will be appreciated. John ...