Font Size Incorrect

I'm having a problem with the font size in Outlook 2002
appearing too small when composing a message. It's set for
10pt arial in the configuration but appears to be only
about 5 or 6 pts on the screen. When a test message is
sent it's the correct size on the recipient's screen.

I've gone through all of the settings and have compared
them to another machine that is working properly. All
appears to be the same. Have also run the Detect and
Repair function.

My operating system is Windows 2k Professional. Any help is
appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom
0
anonymous (74722)

What is your default screen resolution?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Tom asked:

| I'm having a problem with the font size in Outlook 2002
| appearing too small when composing a message. It's set for
| 10pt arial in the configuration but appears to be only
| about 5 or 6 pts on the screen. When a test message is
| sent it's the correct size on the recipient's screen.
|
| I've gone through all of the settings and have compared
| them to another machine that is working properly. All
| appears to be the same. Have also run the Detect and
| Repair function.
|
| My operating system is Windows 2k Professional. Any help is
| appreciated.
|
| Thanks,
| Tom

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Comments: name includion, font format
In Excel is it possible to set whether to use or not use the user name in comments? Is it possible to globally change the bold setting to normal setting? Every time I write a comment--and I write many!--I have to delete the name and then change from bold to normal. Good morning John FM Holstein There is no setting as such that wold help you out here. But on possible solution would be to use the macro below, either stored i your personal.xls workbook, or in the files you use or stored as a add-in. When called this will open an input box for a comment to b entered which will place a comm...

401 and HQ Database size
Does doing frequent 401 worksheets significantly increase database size? I suspect not because they are just adding incremental information, but I have updates done every 10 minutes at three stores and recently hit the 2GB MSDE limit. Just wanted to make sure this is not a contributor. I presume this is at HQ. HQ should not be MDSE but Full SQL even for small installation as HQ acts like a data warehouse of all your stores data. Suggest you upgrade HQ installation to full SQL Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "Jason" <m...

Changing default font in Excel 2003
I'm using Excel 2003 on XP Pro. I want to change the default font so that all new text will be in the specified default. I went to Tools > Options > General > Standard Font and set the desired font. I closed Excel and reopened it, but new text does not use the new default. What am I missing? ...

Max size attachments 2007
I want to increase the MaxSize for attachmets across the entire Exchange 2007 Org. I have tried Set-transportconfig -MaxSendSize: 20000 And its still seems to be stuck at 10MB. We need 20MB. I should add that I only have one HT server and no edge server, the HT delivers based on DNS. On Apr 27, 11:43 am, ryanlsand...@gmail.com wrote: > I want to increase the MaxSize for attachmets across the entire > Exchange 2007 Org. > > I have tried > > Set-transportconfig -MaxSendSize: 20000 > > And its still seems to be stuck at 10MB. We need 20MB. On Apr 27, 11:43 am, r...

Incorrect calculation when using data from an already calculated cell
I am trying to do a simple Pro Rata calculation. $185 is paid for a year of service. The service is cancelled during the year and money is owed back to the customer. I am getting an error on what should be a simple calculation. Cell A18 is Number with 2 decimals 185.00 Cell A22 is Date 6/7/2007 as the start of the year of service Cell A23 is Date 6/7/2008 as the end of the year of service Cell A24 is Date 9/17/2007 which is when the service was cancelled. Cell A25 is Number with 0 decimals 366. This is cell A23 - A22 to calculate the number of days in the year of service. 2008 is a leap...

Barcode font in comments
When I get a file from a few other people with track changes on, often there are "barcode-like" markings followed by the comment. Even when I try to insert a comment into that document, the system places a barcode image before my comment. No matter what I do, I can not delete the barcodes. Even if I change the font and style of comments, I can not get rid of the barcode image in the comments box. Any thoughts? I am using MS Word 2003 with Windows XP. D ...

Wrong Signature Font
Despite my Outlook settings, when I reply to an HTML message my signature is displayed in the wrong font. A New message or a Reply to an ASCII message is works fine. My configuration/settings are shown below. BTW, when outgoing is set to HTML, the sinature is always in the wrong font. Any ideas? Also, is there a way to always reply in ASCII regardless of the format of the incoming message? Summary: -Reply to ASCII message OK -New Message OK -Reply to HTML message, signature is in Times New Roman, but body text that I enter is correct (Arial). Outlook Settings: Message Format: Plain Text A...

adding fonts #2
how do i add additional fonts to publisher cape wrote: > how do i add additional fonts to publisher =============================== Just drop them in your Fonts folder. Access the Fonts folder in Control Panel. Or: C:\WINDOWS\Fonts -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk Thanks John I was pulling my hsir out trying to figure out why my fonts were not...

Corrupt fonts-system fonts?
I'm having a similar problem with MS Word and think it might be a font = issue=20 - I'd like to de-install all fonts but system fonts - how do I know = which are=20 System Fonts on OSX thanks All of the fonts required for the System to operate are in /System/Library/Fonts/. Don't move anything form there (you probably won't be able to anyway, as the permissions don't usually allow regular users to change its contents). The fonts in /Library/Fonts/ and ~/Library/Fonts (where ~ represents your user's home folder) can be moved safely to an alternate location so that th...

Delivery Size Of Email
Hi, Last week I've set my Exchange Server Global Message size to 4096KB and set 2 users Delivery Restriction size to 10240MB from AD. When someone sending message > 4096KB from internet then my users are unable to receive it(Don't even have a bounce back message). I got Interscan viruswall & there's no size limit on it. So my 1st question is: How to allow users to have customize Delivery Restriction?? 2nd question is: How to enable the exceeding message size limit notice to sender?? Thanks! "ultraman" <ultraman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

size constraints of 2007
I've been reading Allen Brownes links for upgrading to Access 2007 which is extremely helpful thank you. The one thing I'm looking for I can't find. I thought I read that there are some increases in size in 2007. That would seem like a major reason for converting. FOr example, a general rule is 100,000 records and 15 concurrent users for <= 2003. Does this increase at all for 2007? I realize there is a bigger memo field or something thanks, I'd really question your "general rule". I've worked with databases with millions of records. 100,000 really isn&...

CD size calendar
Last year I created a CD size calendar based on a template. I can't find anyway of changing the dates for 2010. I start again and change the page size of a template but then I have to adjust the size of the date table on every page. Any suggestions please? ...

Change Font Colour Automatic When Formula Match
Hi all. I have used some date formula in my worksheet: =TODAY()+56 =TODAY()+84 =TODAY()+98 What I want to do is colour the font with the date if it meets the criteria above. E.g. if I were to type anywhere on the worksheet a date 55 days from today it would automatically turn red. If I were to type in a date 80 days from today it would turn Blue etc Also, if this can be done for the fill of the cells even better. Many thanks in advaance and enjoy the day. -- stevembe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ stevembe's Profile: http://www.excelforu...

Office 2004: Curious tripling of Main Identity/ Database size?
Although my Office 2004 Main Identity's Database is relatively small in Office 2004 compared to the maximum allowable space, I was surprised to see that it is 25.8 mb, as opposed to the 8.2-mb Office X Database. I just installed in the last two hours Office 2004 and aside from checking that everything was working well (with some superb new features!), I have not made anything other than very minor additions to the Database. (Mode of Office 2004 installation: I installed Office 2004 while Office X was still in place. Once everything was working fine in Office 2004, I removed all remnants...

Autofilter drop-down list
What setting controls the font size of the text in an autofilter list. This has suddenly changed in one of my spreadsheets so I can now hardly read it - how can I increase the size of this text? There's no setting that controls the font size in an AutoFilter dropdown. The size will appear smaller if you reduce the zoom setting on the worksheet. If you return to 100% zoom the size should return to normal. David Robinson wrote: > What setting controls the font size of the text in an > autofilter list. This has suddenly changed in one of my > spreadsheets so I can now hardly...

how do i get the correct size for my web page? it's always big
i set page width to 600px, but it still appears way to big on website. It has a long,long tail? Any suggestions Which version of Publisher are you using? Pub 2000 and 2003 truncate the page length right after the last design element. Pub 2002 is fixed and you adjust that in the page setup...perhaps use the custom size. DavidF "yochi" <yochi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31BCE75A-613D-4D25-ADD8-ACA39C68D082@microsoft.com... >i set page width to 600px, but it still appears way to big on website. It >has > a long,long tail? Any suggestions yochi...

Folder Size in Outlook 2000
Is there any way to increase the size of the personal.pst. We are using the calendar the journal and have created many new folders to store e-mail messages that we have to refer back to know and then. I am getting an error message and it closes down Outlook. Put the messages into a separate .pst file. You can use auto-archive for this. Then use File -> Open to open the archive .pst file in Outlook. You could also create a new .pst file and drag the e-mails you want from your current .pst file into the new "alternate" .pst file. After auto-archiving or moving items into t...

maximum size of a Microsoft Excel list for a pivot table
What is the maximum size of a list I may use to create a pivot table? In excel help type specifications Chick Worksheet/workbook specification>pivot table specs >-----Original Message----- >What is the maximum size of a list I may use to create a pivot table? >. > ...

pst file size #5
I started out with pst file of 2.1GB. I deleted many thousands of old emails from the InBox & Sent folders but the file size did not budge very much. For example, number of emails in the InBox went down from 8,000+ to 3,000 or so! Why did the pst file size not reduce significantly - I expected at least 50%+ reduction. Basharat. Close Outlook. Open Outlook and take another look. I think that's all it takes to show you the new smaller size. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook If you have 2 minutes I would appreciate some feedback through this survey link. http://www.surve...

SQL Native Client incorrect syntax near 'S'.
I'm trying to run a Historical Aged Trial Balance out of payables and receive the following error: (Microsoft)SQL Native Client(SQL Server)incorrect syntax near 'S'.(Microsoft)(SQL Server)unclosed quotation mark after the character string' and documentType = 6' I click ok out of that error screen and than this pops up: The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results: DBMS: 105, Microsoft Dynamics GP. Has anyone come across this before and have any ideas what we should do? Yes, this problem is documented in my article "Fixing Mic...

CLongBinary size problem
I am trying to store CLongBinary in MS Access memo field using class that inherits from CRecordset. I store and load the data successfully. The problem is that filed created by Access takes double size, i.e.: when I store 5MB field I have 10MB Access file. I tried to set "Unicode Compression" option of the filed in Access to both Yes and No. Why does it happen and what can I do? Yvgeny "Yvgeny" <yvgenyc@netformx.com> wrote in message news:bb9cadcd.0408112130.4867d903@posting.google.com... > I am trying to store CLongBinary in MS Access memo field using class >...

How do I make a small size monthly calendar in Publisher
How do I change the size of a simple Calendar...Not a full size, not a wallet size. I want this approximately 5x7 portrait. I used to use Publisher 97 and was able to manipulate the size very easily....not so with this new version. I want a small desk size calendar that I can write notes in the area of the days. Any ideas? On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 14:41:02 +0000, calmaker wrote (in article <CA139D4B-F7C8-4659-827F-1E388B5FA2BC@microsoft.com>): > How do I change the size of a simple Calendar...Not a full size, not a wallet > size. I want this approximately 5x7 portrait. I used to...

Changing default Viewing Size in Inbox and other Subfolders
Hello, I currently rolled out new computers... these computers come with a higher resolution and bigger screen than my users are used to... because of this they want me to 'blow it up'... what i do is change the default windows setting to 120dpi... this makes everything larger, BUT the outlook inbox. the menu's in outlook and the folder view are changed, but viewing the emails in the inbox are still at 10 pt or whatever the default font is. I showed my tech's how to change the 'current view' of the inbox to make the emails larger font... but for this you must change...

Tips on changing the default font in Mac Office
Set the default font 1. If your document already contains text formatted with the properties you want to use, select that text. 2. On the Format menu, click Font. 3. Select the options you want to apply to the default font. If you selected text in step 1, the properties you want will appear in the dialog box. 4. Click Default. Any new document you open will use the font settings you selectedTip The default font applies to new documents based on the active template. Different templates might use different default font settings. GeneXus <ddrotts@gmail.com> wrote: > Any new document y...

can't see fonts
I can't view any fonts under 'Format' on the toolbar (it's gray and won't let me select it). The only fonts I can view are under 'Font Themes.' I have also purchased and installed a seperate Font package (Essential Office Font Pack by Summitsoft)...they don't show up either. I have downloaded all of the service packs...still nothing. I've also follwed all of the advice I can find on related 'font' threads on this site...still nothing. Help! -- ctdavis What version Publisher? Font list is blank and there are no fonts are displayed in Publ...