Font problem with Outlook 2003, please read.

Basically in a nutshell I want to read all of my e-mail messages in font
Verdana size 9.  I have it set up so that most of the messages come in with
Verdana size 9 but some get through with Arial and various other fonts.  How
do I accomplish having every single e-mail come through always in Verdana
size 9?  Thank you so much in advance.

0
anonymous (74722)

You can try setting Outlook to read all your emails in text format
(Options | Preferences | Email Options | Read all standard mail....).

Once you've done that, you can set your plain text font to verdana 9.

0
thaweesak (2)
3/22/2005 3:04:29 AM
Ok that worked but what if I want to keep it in HTML?  Is there no other
way?  Thank you for your advice.
"Thaweesak" <thaweesak@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You can try setting Outlook to read all your emails in text format
> (Options | Preferences | Email Options | Read all standard mail....).
>
> Once you've done that, you can set your plain text font to verdana 9.

0
anonymous (74722)
3/22/2005 3:24:18 AM
Someone told me how to do it and if anyone wants to know it's basically
going into your desktop properties, appearance, then going in to customize
and then choosing the "Icon" font to be Verdana size 9.  However, it will
change the font for most other places as well including your Icon's font.
"Nocturnal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Basically in a nutshell I want to read all of my e-mail messages in font
> Verdana size 9.  I have it set up so that most of the messages come in
> with Verdana size 9 but some get through with Arial and various other
> fonts.  How do I accomplish having every single e-mail come through always
> in Verdana size 9?  Thank you so much in advance.

0
anonymous (74722)
3/22/2005 9:31:53 AM
Nocturnal <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Ok that worked but what if I want to keep it in HTML?  Is there no
> other way?

If you want to keep it in HTML, then you must accept the fonts that your
senders chose you to see.  HTML formatting contains font information as well
and Outlook is correct in honoring the font settings the senders chose.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C52F50.E416DD40

It appears that does not work for Outlook XP/2002. I have the font size =
for "Icon" set to Verdana 7 pts, and nothing happens.

Any way to make a global change to the default font settings to anything =
else but Tahoma????

Thanks

> Someone told me how to do it and if anyone wants to know it's =
basically=20
> going into your desktop properties, appearance, then going in to =
customize=20
> and then choosing the "Icon" font to be Verdana size 9.  However, it =
will=20
> change the font for most other places as well including your Icon's =
font.
> "Nocturnal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
>> Basically in a nutshell I want to read all of my e-mail messages in =
font=20
>> Verdana size 9.  I have it set up so that most of the messages come =
in=20
>> with Verdana size 9 but some get through with Arial and various other =

>> fonts.  How do I accomplish having every single e-mail come through =
always=20
>> in Verdana size 9?  Thank you so much in advance.
>>=20
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C52F50.E416DD40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>It appears that does not work for =
Outlook=20
XP/2002. I have&nbsp;the font size for "Icon" set to Verdana 7 pts, and =
nothing=20
happens.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>Any way to make a global change to =
the default=20
font settings to anything else but Tahoma????</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Nocturnal" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in message </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:%23E5hmHsLFHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl"><FONT face=3DArial =

size=3D2>news:%23E5hmHsLFHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; Someone told =
me how to do it=20
and if anyone wants to know it's basically <BR>&gt; going into your =
desktop=20
properties, appearance, then going in to customize <BR>&gt; and then =
choosing=20
the "Icon" font to be Verdana size 9.&nbsp; However, it will <BR>&gt; =
change the=20
font for most other places as well including your Icon's font.<BR>&gt;=20
"Nocturnal" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in message <BR>&gt; </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:uX$ymloLFHA.3296@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:uX$ymloLFHA.3296@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...<BR>&gt;&gt; Basically in a nutshell I want to read all of =
my e-mail=20
messages in font <BR>&gt;&gt; Verdana size 9.&nbsp; I have it set up so =
that=20
most of the messages come in <BR>&gt;&gt; with Verdana size 9 but some =
get=20
through with Arial and various other <BR>&gt;&gt; fonts.&nbsp; How do I=20
accomplish having every single e-mail come through always <BR>&gt;&gt; =
in=20
Verdana size 9?&nbsp; Thank you so much in advance.<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; =

<BR>&gt;</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C52F50.E416DD40--

0
kntow (1)

PROBLEMS after updating Office 2008
I can no longer open ANY of the office 2008 programs on my Mac osx!! When I click on a program - for example: Entourage - it takes me to the Customer Experience Improvement Program. I've responded "No, I don't want to participate at this time" and then clicked continue. Thereafter, I was taken to the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant. Following the instructions I registered with Microsoft but still cannot access any of the the Office 2008 programs! HELP! "Gayle" wrote: > I can no longer open ANY of the office 2008 programs on my Mac osx!! When I > click on a ...

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Problem automating page in IE 8
Hi, I am using the following code to open a page to sign in to MyMsn and it does not work in the same way as other secure sites do. I don't know if Microsoft does something different(big grin here), but the code, which I believe I got from Karl Peterson, shows 22 objects on the document, but does not print anything for the obj type, obj name or obj value. Passing the document to a timer to run HTML links does not show the sign in boxes at all either. Is there another way to see the items on this page and pass the email address and password to them? Code: Private Su...

Banking Services Update Problem #2
I have successfully completed all of the steps as provided for in the update instructions. Initially updates were received as usual. However, now all of the accounts that were disabled and set-up again are failing to update. Message received is "Update unsuccessful" and call summary message is "Microsoft Money could not update your account. Please try to update your account again." Also after updating, the accounts that were updated never displayed a password text box. I went through the disable and set-up process again and still no password text box on the upd...

Windows XP x64 MFC application problem
I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this probem? >I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is >messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on >Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this >probem? The obvious response is - try debugging it on that platform and find where it's giving rise ...

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

how do i increase font size beyond 72
highlighting figure in font size box and trying to put larger number in myself does not do it. is there another way? thanks High-light the number, type your number, hit return. It that doesn't work for you, on the toolbar, format, font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Polly Vincent" <Polly Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BDAEB5E-C30C-4721-BB51-F89C1B4332E2@microsoft.com... > highlighting figure in font ...

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Problem with Range

Having problem with spoofing email