Folder sizes

When I open the "folder sizes" facility in Outlook 2003 do the kB figures
shown include mail in Outlook archive folders?

Beemer

0
Beemer (162)

The folder size is for either the Personal Folders or the individual Folder,
depending where accessed from
The Archive is a completely seperate pst

"Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> When I open the "folder sizes" facility in Outlook 2003 do the kB figures
> shown include mail in Outlook archive folders?
>
> Beemer

0
DL
3/16/2007 7:40:06 PM
"DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
| The folder size is for either the Personal Folders or the individual
Folder,
| depending where accessed from
| The Archive is a completely seperate pst
|
| "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message
| > When I open the "folder sizes" facility in Outlook 2003 do the kB
figures
| > shown include mail in Outlook archive folders?
| >
| > Beemer

thanks,

Beemer

0
Beemer (162)

Is there a way to empty the Deleted Items folder by date?
Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 month, ???)? I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes want to recover a file a few days later. FivePoundBag wrote: > Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items > folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 > month, ???)? > > I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes > want to recover a file a few days later. Use AutoArchive. Enable the global...

Saving size of CSplitterWnd
Hello! This is a rather long winded question but I hope that someone will read it! I have a MFC application with a Splitter Window. I use CreateStatic and it only containes two rows In CMainFrame::OnCreateClient !m_mainSplitter.CreateStatic( this, 2, 1 ) I then Create 2 views using !m_mainSplitter.CreateView( 0, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CCAMLaserView2), CSize(cr.Width(), cr.Height()/2), pContext ) !m_mainSplitter.CreateView( 1, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CCAMLaserView2), CSize(cr.Width(), cr.Height()/2), pContext ) I save the view sizes when ending the application so if this is the second ...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

IS size vs EDB file size?? I don't get it!!
I am using Standard version of Ex 5.5. I realize the 16gig limit. My question is I have added up the Kbyte in Ex Admin and it does not come close to the actual size of the priv.edb file. I have done an offline defrag also but did not get any amount of space back. I have been through the MS knowledge base and have read the articles on this subject. The kbyte size is 1.6gig and my edb file size is 14.1gig. What is using over 12gig of space??? Any ideas would be very much appreciated. I don't have 12gig of rules as the MS knowledgebase suggests. "Orlando" <Oplasencia@tp...

SFO CRM folders won't display page
SFO appeared to install correctly. The CRM toolbar buttons work fine in SFO. But when I click on a CRM folder such as accounts, I get the following Action Canceled error. I am running CRM 1.2 and this is on a Windows XP client. I have installed the SP2 and SFO enhancement patches and cleared forms cache in Outlook. I also uninstalled and reinstalled SFO. SFO works fine on all other laptops within our organization. Here is the error which occurs when I select any folder within SFO/CRM. Action canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might ...

Migration Wizard Size Limits?
I'm planning to migrate from 5.5 to 2003 using the Migration Wizard to move my mailboxes. Some of my mailboxes are LARGE (5 GB +). Anyone seen any problems with the Wizard handling mailboxes this large or know of a size limit? ...

A tradeoff between readability and file size?
What would you prefer guys - not pixilated graphics and great readability, unfortunately by accepting big files, or the other way around? I got quite disappointed when my crisp-clear PDF documents declined terribly when printed to OneNote, and further from OneNote to my printer. If there is no user-defined quality setting here, or a bug fix(?), the idea of using Office OneNote 2007 as a "print queue" for later paper print-outs, is lost! Regards, Henrik __________ Information fr�n ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version av virussignaturdatabas 4903 (20100228) _________...

Lost Public Folders with Digital ID
Hi, I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server. I created my own Digital ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003. Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation. How do I get this back? Please advise. Digital ID is working fine except the above problem. And I got slow response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to execute. Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed? Thanks, Ricky Can you see these folders via another Outlook client? I have never seen a certificate cause public folders to disappear. When you say the root CA is...

When printing, how do I keep a letter-sized document from expandi.
I have set up a landscape, letter-sized document in MS Pbulisher. But every time I try and print it, it expands the document to a legal-sized doc. Please help!!! Check your printer settings inside Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "godovino" <godovino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AEC49BF-CBCA-4F05-932C-034B008D6472@microsoft.com... >I have set up a landscape, letter-sized document in MS Pbulisher. But >every > time I try and print it, it expands the document to a legal-sized doc. > > Please help!!! Could ...

Font Size Problem in Options Dialog Box
I recently noticed that the font size on each of the tabbed dialog boxes under Tools > Options is huge and the words don't even fit in the boxes. The font size of the tab titles in normal. Does anyone know what might cause this, or where it can be reset or adjusted? This condition is recent and has not always been this way. TIA -- Wayne Boatwright o�o ____________________ BIOYA Try starting Outlook one time with the /cleanviews switch. start->run->outlook.exe /cleanviews. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Public Folders replicas
I move mailbox and public folder from an old server to new server (Exchange 2000). I follow the instructions on the KB 307917, for public folder. Accindentally, I uninstal Exchange 2000 on the old server before to remove public folders replicas on the new exchange server. Outlook client can work on the public folders of new server, but I can not work with public folder (to remove public folders replicas) with Exchange System Manager (ESM). How I can proceed?? I must to follow the KB 275171???? Who can help me? What is the specific errror you are seeing in ESM? Are you using ESM on the ...

Unable To Access Folders From Outlook Today
I have Outlook 2002 which I have installed and uninstalled a couple of times due to expirimenting with different OS's. If I set up my folders in Outlook Today: Inbox, Saved Items, Tasks, etc., I get an error message "Outlook unable to access the folders." I can however access all my folders from the drop down menu. Could someone point me to the configuration files that might be at fault or a way to rememdy the situation. I would like to start using Outlook as my default email and calendar program once again, but really like the Outlook Today feature. Have been using Ubuntu Linux ...

Can I search for a FOLDER
Hi, Is there a way to search for a FOLDER in Outlook (2002)? If I have hundreds of sub folders within folders and forgot where I put one specific folder, is there a way to search for this folder? I seem to be able to search for e- mail items in specific folders but not for folders themselves. Any ideas? Thanks. Kikilein Nope, you can't search by folder. Advanced Find has an "In folder" option on the advanced tab you could use to find all messages in the folder (search the entire mailbox), but you won't find the folder path. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Aut...

Synchronizing Folders on RPC over HTTPS
Hello -- I have a user in the field who has both a VPN connecting and his Outlook 2003 is also set-up for RPC over HTTPS. When he connects through the VPN, all of his folders get synchronized -- however, when he has the VPN off, and he's connecting through HTTPS, all of his folders do not get synchronized. We are using a Single Server Exchange Server 2003 and a Windows Server 2003 Domain. Also, his mail box is 609MB --- does HTTPS run slower than a VPN connection? Thanks! -Blake On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:31:34 -0400, "Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote: &g...

Outlook 2000: One Way Sharing of Info using Net Folder
Folks: I'm having an odd sort of one-way net folder experience in trying to share a calendar. I see hints of this in other netnews articles, but never a clear resolution. I'm hoping this is a well-known problem/fix. Here is the configuration: PC 1 (aka BOSS) windows 2000 outlook 2000 mail: pop3 from UNIX box -- no exchange server account for this machine net folders loaded via Microsoft Office Setup ASSISTANT has a "Contacts" entry on this machine that is coded as "Always Send RTF" PC 2 (aka ASSISTANT) windows 2000...

password protect personal folders in Outlook xp
How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp "Dolly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b801c3b326$6312ee20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp "Dolly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b801c3b326$6312ee20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp Right-Click on Outlook Today shortcut, choose Properties, go to Advanced and click on Change Password. Obviously the Old password will be blank! HTH >Right-Click...

Want sent email to go somewhere other than sent folder
When I send a new message or reply to a message; I want it to not go in my "sent" folder rather to specified folders. I have tried creating rules and something does not work right. I turned off the "keep a copy in the send folder". There must be some combination I am not getting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks T. There is no mechanism to do this. You can apply message rules to the = sent items folder manually after the messages have been sent. steve "twaaaa" <twaaaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:56D0F751-04A...

View size
One of my co-workers has a workbook that has 1 page that is huge on the screen but prints normal - the problem I have is if I try to copy/paste the page in to a new workbook it formats out to about 8 pages. Any way to fix this? -- MsG How are you copying/pasting? Using Edit Copy? Or right clicking on the tab and selecting copy/move ticking copy and picking a new book? "Mark G" <MarkG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B543A52D-72F4-4A56-9773-95EE3138155A@microsoft.com... : One of my co-workers has a workbook that has 1 page that is huge on the : screen bu...

mail store size
I am looking to obtain the full mail store size of my exchange server. Server 2003 / Exchange 2003 What is the best solution to do this? Thanks Add up the values of the stm and edb files. Nue "Mr. Backup" <backup@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eKgCFyJOGHA.2816@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I am looking to obtain the full mail store size of my exchange server. > > Server 2003 / Exchange 2003 > > What is the best solution to do this? > > > > Thanks > > Ha.. LOL That's what I did, and then matched up with my backups. I just thought t...

Column, Row Font Size
For some reason the column letters and the row numbers - at the very top and far left on any worksheet - have become so small on a particular worksheet as to be illegible. What have I done, and how do I undo it? If it only happens on one worksheet, maybe you've set the zoom too small. From the menu bar: View|Zoom... (and resize to look nice) There's a Zoom icon on the Standard toolbar that you could use, too. (My icon is at the far right of that toolbar.) Old Red One wrote: > > For some reason the column letters and the row numbers - at the very top and > far left ...

E2K3
In Exchange 2003, what is best method for granting a user full access to a public folder and its sub folders. In Exchange 5.5, the Exchange admin console offered a feature to grant a user righs to a public folder and all its sub folder. I cannot find a similar feature in the Exchange 2003 server console. Thanks. On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:41:02 -0700, "DrWho" <DrWho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 2003, what is best method for granting a user full access to a >public folder and its sub folders. In Exchange 5.5, the Exchange admin >console offered a ...

Unable to display the folder. (Additional mailbox)
We are using Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2003. I have tried to add User Y's mailbox to User X's Outlook under Exchange (open these additional mailboxes). No matter what, I keep getting a gray screen when clicking on the Mailbox in user's Folder List with the following error message: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location." I have made sure of the following: 1. User Y has given User X delegate privleges for Inbox, Calendar, Tasks, Contacts & Notes. All privileges are set to Editor. 2. I have...

Can I Set a Public Folder to be the Startup Folder?
In OL 2007, if I go to tools|options|other|advanced options, and try to change the startup folder, it only allows me to select personal folders. Is it possible to select a public folder as the startup folder? mtbcpa <mtbcpa@yahoo.com> wrote: > In OL 2007, if I go to tools|options|other|advanced options, and try > to change the startup folder, it only allows me to select personal > folders. Is it possible to select a public folder as the startup > folder? No, it's not possible. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] On Jan 17, 11:44=A0am, "Brian Tillman" <tillm...

Change color of Folder List window?
In OL2003, the window in which my Folder List appears is plain white, the same as all the otehr panes. Is it possible to change the background color of this? No, that's not possible.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "R. Barre" <rogerwbarre@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:eVXAaDejGHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl....

password protect outlook 2003 folder w/o exchange server
Hello, Does anyone knows how can i password protect or put some kind of securtiy on my outlook 2003 folder so other who use my computer wont have excess to that folder. Thank you. - M Is would be easier top protect the PST file no? In outlook right click on PERSONAL FOLDER, go to properties / advanced / change password... Thus if anyone tries to open the PST file no matter where it is, it would require a password... HTH >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > Does anyone knows how can i password protect or put some kind of >securtiy on my outlook 2003 folde...