flags #6

Can someone help, when I flag an email I thought it is suppsoe to go to my
foolow up folder but it's not.  Also what is the point to of the reminder
when I don't even recieve a reminder notice?
0
KC1 (45)

Flags and reminders need to be in a default folder to fire reminders,
otherwise they will just show as a red item.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, KC asked:

| Can someone help, when I flag an email I thought it is suppsoe to go
| to my foolow up folder but it's not.  Also what is the point to of
| the reminder when I don't even recieve a reminder notice?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

mx record #6
I just recently changed our mx records from an external ISP to point to our wan ip address on our T1 line. My firewall port 25 is pointing to our exchange server, however our mail is being reject and returning the e-mail to the sender with the following message attached: The following addresses had delivery problems: <someone@abc.com> this actually points to the reciever of the e-mail Permanent Failure: 550_5.7.1_<someone@abc.com>..._Relaying_denied Delivery last attempted at Mon, 15 May 2006 18:40:10 -0000 I have setup to enable relaying totally open!! Any help? JB ...

Outlook 6 on XP
Hi I hope someone has encountered this. I have Windows XP running with office 97. I have Outlook 6 running. The problem is that my spell checker in outlook doesn't work. On checking the spelling I get - "An error has occured while speeling was being checked" I have run the repair from the CD. I have also removed spell checking and re-installed it. Spell checking works in ALL my other office products. The problem only occurs in Outlook. Thanks Ian http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;224176 might be helpful. "Ian" <chenhsu@iafrica.co...

Changing flag date or time on many messages at once?
This is one I haven't tried to fix before. I have a special use for Outlook. Besides regular messages, I send myself "To Do's" to and from home marked with a special phrase when it's a To Do that has rules that mark it with a flag, etc. In either work or home, a lot of those To Do's need to be deferred to a different time or day. It's been tedious as I have to change each manually. Now I made it easier some time ago by putting a flag option right on the toolbar so at least I don't have to open each message. The preview pane is on for this folder and I th...

SMTP problem #6
On our Exchange Server 2003, in the New SMTP Virtual Server wizard, I get only one IP address in the IP address drop down list. But the server has 2 network cards. How can I add the second IP address, in order to select it from the list? I've been searching everywhere, but I didn't find it. -- Riki Is the other IP address associated with an existing SMTP VS? Nue "Riki" <riki@bounce.com> wrote in message news:uGGGrdsmGHA.856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > On our Exchange Server 2003, in the New SMTP Virtual Server wizard, > I get only one IP address in the IP ...

to transfer OE 6 files to another XP computer
I need to transfer my OE 6 files from one XP computer to another -- what is the best way to do that? Jack Backup & Restore: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/ Backing up and Cloning your OE Identities: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/clone.htm -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:ejXX%23rw4KHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I need to transfer my OE 6 files from one XP computer to another -- what >is > the best way to do that? > > J...

clipboard #6
Everytime I'm working in Excel 2003 and I copy or cut a cell to the right of the spreadsheet, the clipboard pops up and starts counting as I do my work... 1 of 24, 2 of 24, etc. How can I turn this annoying thing off! I really don't care how many times I copied cut something! Thanks! ...

Excel Macros #6
Hi Ppl... Please could u guys refer me to sites where there are ready made macros available.... Id appreciate this as writing many diff macros would take up a lot of time i don't have a the moment. Thanks in advance... :) won't it take MORE time searching sites for a macro that does what you want than it would take to write the macro?! Reiro wrote: > Hi Ppl... > > Please could u guys refer me to sites where there are ready made macros > available.... > Id appreciate this as writing many diff macros would take up a lot of > time i don't have a the moment. ...

password #6
Hi Guys I am using 2 different versions of excel and have applied a password protection to a work book to prevent anyone else opening it. When I try to change or remove the password I cannot find were to do it although the help files state go to Tools, options, general. When I do this there is no mention of password on the 2000 version please help xl2002 tools>options>security -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "jha" <j.hambling@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:IpZTf.205945$Q22.152402@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Hi Guys &g...

Express 6 default attachements to a folder not temp. internet file
OK heres the problem to the community. In Outlook Express ive been trying to save an open attachment from an email to a folder that i want. I know now how to default the "Save Attachments ... " to a folder i want. But the emails that i get hundreds of a day have to be checked because of the variations of the emails. So i open the document (doc or pdf, doesnt matter) and File/Save As and it goes to Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 . its a little annoying but i can handle it. so if i have to deal with hundres of email that i need to save the attachments then pick the pla...

No space to put notes in follow up flags
I was sure you used to be able, in old outlook 95, a notation when you set a follow up flag. It is fairly useless to just have reply, call back or whatever. You may need to have something more specific to prompt you as to why an email etc. needs followup. Can anyone assist? Right click the message and choose "Follow Up". Make sure the Flag field is showing in your view. If not, right click on the column headers and choose the "Field Chooser" and then drag the "Follow Up Flag" column into your view's column headers. FYI - There was not an Outlook 95. Outlo...

Lookup question #6
I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns. Simplified, it looks like this: 10% 100 20% 200 30% 300 Let's make believe it's a spreadsheet to calculate sales commission, and the commission rate is based on a threshold value of sales. For $250 in sales, for example, the commission would be 20%. My goal is to create a statement that allows me to enter a number in a separate cell (for example 250) from the conceivable range of values in column B, that results in an output that relates to column A (20%). What's critical is the following: The sales commissions need to be in c...

Importing messages #6

Microsoft Outlook 2002 #6
I have Windows XP Pro. Recently I backed up Outlook 2002 files. I copied the .pst files (my e-mail, contacts, etc) from Outlook to a CD. What is the procedure to restore these files to Outlook 2002 and hence get my e-mail, contacts back. Copy the file to your hard drive. Right click and remove the read only check mark from the properties page. Then use File->Open to open the pst file from the Outlook main window. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be dele...

Outlook Express 6 #6
Does any one know how to solve the following error message when trying to send attachments. The attachments are simple text file & word documents. "oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail" Click on Tools --> Options Click on the Security Tab & Uncheck "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus." Once you uncheck that you should be able to go back to that e-mail and open or save the attachment, hassle free! -----Original Message----- Does any one know how to solve the following error ...

Gantt chart #6
Is there a way to break a chart in between a duration to show anothe information? Eg, column 1 is the time start (08:30), column 2 is time end (17:30) column 3 is duration (9:00) between column 1 and 2. However on colum 4 is lunch break start time (12:00) and column 5 is lunch break en time (13:00). Is there a way to show the lunch break on a gant chart? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Aloy -- Aloysicus Aloys - Here is an example worked out for you, plus a page full of links. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Gan...

WinCE 6.0 Persistent Storage using RAM space???
Hi, I am using WinCE 6.0 R2 and implemented the Persistent Storage and mount my NAND flash as root. Now the problem is whenever I copy some file to my device, it will using my storage memory. For example: 1. Copy a 500KB file to my device via ActiveSync 2. Goto Control Panel's System ->Properties -> Memory 3. I will see my Storage Memory in use is increased by 500KB. I also implememted the Persistent Storage in WinCE 5.0 before and if I do the same thing on the WinCE 5.0 device, the copied filed won't occupy my Storage Memory. Can anyone help and give me some h...

Outlook express 6 #14
Must I buy word to have a spell checker ? I have Works 7 ?????????????? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer....

Problem with Sleep(); function in VC++ 6.0
For some reason when I use the code Sleep(1); which is supposed to be 1 millisecond I am seeing a delay of 10ms. Any ideas?? I need a delay of about 1-1.5 ms. Thanks >For some reason when I use the code Sleep(1); which is supposed to be 1 >millisecond I am seeing a delay of 10ms. >Any ideas?? That's to be expected with Sleep. The docs hint at it... "This function causes a thread to relinquish the remainder of its time slice and become unrunnable for at least the specified number of milliseconds". >I need a delay of about 1-1.5 ms. Windows isn't a real-time...

Visual Basic 6.0 conversion
Can Microsoft Access 2003 convert a Visual Basic 6.0 program Hi Michael, Depending on what the program does it's possible that some or many of the VB6 procedures will run without much change, but there's no automatic conversion system. On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:38:35 -0800, "Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can Microsoft Access 2003 convert a Visual Basic 6.0 >program -- John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] Please respond in the newgroup and not by email. ...

Reminder for "follow-up" flag?
With Outlook 2002, I can set a "follow-up" flag on messages and give a "due date" ... when the due date rolls around, a reminder pops up. But ONLY if the message is in my Inbox ... if it's in my Sent Mail folder or any other folder (including any subfolder of the Inbox) then no reminder pops up. Is there a way to change this so that a reminder will pop up regardless of what folder the message is in? Reminders will only fire in default folders in Outlook - and that included the sent items folder. However, there is an application written by Outlook MVP Ken Sl...

exchange 2003 version 6.5 build 6944.4 = exchange 2003 service pack 3?
everything I read tells me to go to the exchange system manager, scroll down to administrative groups, right click on the server in question, and I should see what service pack of exchange I am on. for my exchange 2003 server it does not say service pack, it does say version 6.5 (build 6944.4) does that mean I have the latest service pack for exchange? the old 2000 exchange server does actually say service pack 3, it says version 6.0 (build 629.4: service pack 3) if I check for updates for the 2003 exchange server there is one update for exchange I am prompted to download, but no ser...

Custom Number Format #6
It really won�t work. I keep getting the -Formula With Error - pop-up. It always points to these parts in bold: =left*(b4,1)*&"-"&mid*(b4,4,7)* Am i screwing it up somehow ? -- Excelder ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Excelders's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27130 The formula works for me with my USA settings. Any chance you use a different list separator. If you use a semicolon, this might work for you: =LEF...

6 lookup fields in Opp linked to contacts
I want to create 6 lookup fields in the Opp form that allows to user to search all contacts. I have tested the 1 to many an many to 1 in the relationships area but for some reason it just not working for me. Can anyone point me to helpful links or explain how this can be done.. Thanks!! The opportunity screen uses the customerid attribute to refer to contacts OR accounts. Add this attribute to your opportunity form and you should have a lookup list for a contact. The database architecture of CRM only allows ONE contact per opportunity - you won't be able to put 6 customerid fields o...

IMAP Problems with Outlook Express 6 & Outlook 2003
Hello I have an urgent problem I'm having trouble resolving! I have an inbox on a courier-imap server running on Debian Linux 2.2.14 On an older PC running Outlook express 6, I get the following message when trying to access the mail inbox directory, and it wont display the contents of the inbox at all: * Folder could not be displayed. Outlook express could not open this folder. This could be due to: Low disk space Low memory I have also setup a newer laptop running Outlook 2003. This will download the messages in the Inbox, but then drop out and give me this message: Task 'Chec...

ppt presentation running for 6 hours a day with lynks
I have a ppt presentation the runs 6 hours a day. Needs to be updated everytime one of my coworkers enter new data in a excel sheet. It works ok ata the beginning but then the lynks don't updated anymore. I need to close the ppt file and opened again. Need to know if there is anyway to avoid that step. Thank you Gueos, Try this free add-in - http://skp.mvps.org/updtlinks.htm. Make sure that the excel workbook is set to open in shared mode rather than exclusive else PowerPoint will have problems updating the content. -- Regards, Shyam Pillai Handout Wizard: http://s...