Flagging in Public Folders

My client has several users wanting to see the same message store. I
implemented a public folder. Trouble is.... messages/posts cannot be flagged
for later inspection.

Any ideas?

Simon Beresford, MCP

IT Support Engineer

Expert Systems Ltd

e: sberesford@expertsystems.co.uk

w: www.expertsystems.co.uk

t: +44(0)870 4296181

f: +44(0)870 4296182

the Total IT Service

0
simon9721 (1)

what version of outlook and exchange and why can't they flag them?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Simon" <simon@expertsystems.co.uk> wrote in message
> My client has several users wanting to see the same message store. I
> implemented a public folder. Trouble is.... messages/posts cannot be
> flagged
> for later inspection.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Simon Beresford, MCP
>
> IT Support Engineer
>

> Expert Systems Ltd
>
> e: sberesford@expertsystems.co.uk
>
> w: www.expertsystems.co.uk
>
> t: +44(0)870 4296181
>
> f: +44(0)870 4296182
>

> the Total IT Service

0
dianenws (1904)

Outlook / Gmail, folders?
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ms2007officeproblemnf4.png I have 2 problems: 1) My MS Outlook 2007 has this extra thing called synchronizing subscribed folders and it takes like 45 seconds to update. How do I remove this function? 2) I have 2 inboxes as shown in the picture. One is "All Mail" and one is "Inbox" How do I make it more clutterless and fix these to only have 1 inbox "thevoden" <aperla2@gmail.com> wrote in message news:127446ba-99a0-4565-ba97-58172340e162@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=m...

Public folder replication #23
I have a exchange 2000 Ent with public folders. I have a new Exch 2003 server. I am trying to get the public folders to replicate to the new server. I set up replication but nothing. Part of the problem is the free/busy info is also not replicating. Any Help? Can you send messages between the servers? How long have you waited? This is not instantaneous. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Hector" <Hector@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E377F4F-7F89-461F-B3A5-8A4D370CA716@microsoft.com... > ...

Users can't access attachments in public folder messages
All, We recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Some (but not all) of our users have reported problems where they can't see attachments to messages that are stored in our public folders. They see the message, but the attachments don't appear. We have a few workstations where the users can login and they don't experience the problem, but on most workstatations they can't see them. This seems like a client issue, but here's the catch: If we go in and give the users "Edit" capability in the public folder permissions, they can see the attachments at...

Search doesn't work in one folder (Outlook 2003)
When the user has placed certain items in a separate folder, search can't find them. The messages are found when moved to another folder. The folder's name name is �M (non-ASCII) but renaming the folder doesn't help. ...

saving a mail merged publication
I'm using Publisher 2002 to create business postcards for our company to send out to real estate agents. I can perform the mail merge just fine, and the merged postcards turn out great. However, we will not be printing the postcards here at the office, we'll be taking them to a pro printer because 3000 postcards is too much for our office printer. Is there a way to save the mail merged postcards to a CD or disk and then take them to the printer, already merged, so they can just open the file and start printing? Would I have to save each merged postcard individually or can the whole...

Configuring Folder Redirection
I created a folder off the root of a Windows 2008 member server called "Users". Set the share and NTFS permissions per this MS article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274443 ( the steps are below) Created a test OU, set the policy to create a folder for each user under the root and specified \\ServerName\Users. Set redirection for My Documents and Desktop. Added a test account called testuser. The redirection worked fine. Did the same thing with my Domain Admin account. All good. But there are a couple things that were unexcpected; - after testuser had logged...

Custom sizing of publications
I want to custom size my Publisher 2002 publications to make unique shaped mini flyers, i.e. two 4.25" X 11" publications to a sheet or four 4.25" X 5.5" publications to a page. Each of the two or four documents on the sheet would have the same content. Accidently, I came across the option once in Publisher 2002, but now I can't find my way back to that option. File, Page setup, input 4.25 X 11, Publisher should default to two per page. The other page setup is the postcard selection. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ n...

Search folder with no categories in O2003?
I have not used Outlook for some years, and now I am using Outlook 2003 at work. I would like to categorize my e-mails, and then use search folders to find the mails of different categories. So far, so good. However, to catch the mails I have not categorized I would like to create a search folder that catches mails that has not yet been assigned to any categories. Can this be done? I _could_ of course simply use folders instead of categories, but that would prevent me from effectively filtering mails which may be relevant to multiple categories. Did you try a search folder using the Advanc...

Public Folder Permission
I want to give an user owner access to the already available public folder. I have access to exchange system manager. Can I just add his name in the "Client Permssions" and choose the Owner role? Can someone confirm this pls? Thanks. Yes, that's ok. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Swa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d4bc01c453bf$94199520$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I want to give an user owner access to the already > available public folder. I have access t...

viewing public "Folder 1-1"
Okay- I want to find out how to view the "folder 1-1" that contains the Public folder Hierarchy in PF store with any tools -So far i tried with MFCMAPI and MDBview32 - it does not show the folder -If you know please let me know --- thanks Jaxy ...

Re: Windows Mail / Gmail Folder synchronisation error
In Gmail, create a label "Google Mail" (no quotes), or rename the existing "Gmail" label (if there is one) to "Google Mail", so that you have two exactly the same corresponding folder names, one in Gmail and the other one in Windows Mail. You might also try to do it the other way round, and rename the relevant folder in Windows Mail so it has the same name as its counterpart in Gmail. -- wojciech05 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wojciech05's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/208892.htm View ...

Tool for Public Folders
Hi. I´m searching for a tool to get a list of all permissions on the different folders and subfolder in our Exchange 2003 public folders. Like DumpACL for NTFS-folders. And if someone knows of a tool for easier administration of public folders as in System Manager, please tell me. But it should not be to expensive - freeware is preferred. Thx in advance. Bully-BKK Hello, you could use "DumpACL" with the virtual letter M: (after showing it on Exchange 2003 !), it is not perfect, but... Bye. -- Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL� MVP Exchange,SQL/Server FAQ Exchange: http://faqexcha...

Offline Folders #8
Hi, I have followed the instructions in help to set my outlook 2000 inbox (and sub-folders) to offline (C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost). My reading of the microsoft knowledge base articles was that this would give me a max of 2Gb. However I am still getting emails from my system administrator that my inbox is over limits (18Mb - which is just 3 or 4 Excel attachments). Is it possible to get Outlook 2000 to store my inbox only on my hard drive? Thanks in advance, Kai Richmond All of your default folders are synched to the ....

Follow up flag on outlookXp and exchange 2003
I have a user with officeXP who connects to ExchangeServer 2003. On PublicFolder there are messages that before (Exchange 5.5) had the followup flag active, so he could used to change the status of it indicating that he allready worked on that message. Now, the system has changed. The Exchange is 2003 and the user can't use the FollowUp flag! What can I do? thanks in advance What happens when they try to use the follow-up flag? Regards "Luis Lopes" wrote: > I have a user with officeXP who connects to ExchangeServer 2003. On > PublicFolder there are messages that ...

POP3 Connector Failed Folder?
Hi, My exchange2003 pop3 connector says it has mail in a failed mail folder....but I have no idea where it is?? I'm sure it's not the administrators? Thanks. "Adam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My exchange2003 pop3 connector says it has mail in a >failed mail folder....but I have no idea where it is?? >I'm sure it's not the administrators? That POP3 connector is specific to SBS, it's not an Exchange tool. If nobody answers this in this newsgroup you'll probably get a better/faster answer in one og the SBS newsgroups. ...

Exchange emails going to "Folders on My Computer"
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi, <br><br>Have been using Entourage 2004 with an exchange server (work email) and a pop3 account (personal email) for years. The exchange emails have always gone to the Intermedia Exchange / Inbox folder automatically when I was connected to the LAN/internet and the pop3 emails always went into Folders on My Computer, but only when I hit Send &amp; Receive. <br><br>Two hours ago the exchange emails started dropping into the Folders on My Computer folder (wi...

2 Public folders questions
Hello , I have 2 questions related to public folders: 1) I want to be able to create an email address using distribution group that would send emails to one specifc user and to a public folder. I had first added an additional email address to the public folder to get mails to that folder , but i did not want to add the user in the forwarding because i wanted only mails coming from that specific email address to go to the person , not other posts to the public folder. Thats when i decided to go with distribution list. How do I add the public folder as a member of the distribution li...

disabling outlook 2007 folder synchronization
how to disable outlook 2007 folder synchronization? and what are the pros and cons? surface creature;111676 Wrote: > how to disable outlook 2007 folder synchronization? and what are the > pros and > cons? Not enough detail to answer. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] -- http://forums.slipstick.com ...

password protect outlook personal folder
I have protected my Outlook 2002 personal folder at work according to the instructions from MS Office Online Assistance (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011138511033.aspx) and it worked fine. I have tried the same procedure at home, but I still gain access to the folder without any password after restarting outlook. The "checked password" option is off course cleared. Any ideas? Thanks B�rd B�rd <bspost@online.no> wrote: > I have protected my Outlook 2002 personal folder at work according to > the instructions from MS Office Online Assista...

Public Folders #20
Hey, I am new too exchange, and I can not find a good description what a public folder does. How would it benefit me, by using it? Hi Harry, Please pick up a book by Tony Redmond on Exchange. Spend a couple of weeks with it and you will call yourself an Exchange Pro. Regards.... "Harry" <erbeh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:usxfdkGgEHA.1840@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hey, > > I am new too exchange, and I can not find a good description what a public > folder does. How would it benefit me, by using it? > > ...

Adding Distribution Group Permissions to Public Folder
We are currently running a Windows 2003 AD domain with Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Server as our e-mail server in Native Mode. When trying to add a distribution group to the permissions tab of a public folder I receive the following errors: From Exchange System Manager: The operation failed. 80004005 Exchange System manager From Outlook: The modified permissions could not be saved. I found Article ID 274046 referring to a similar issue in Exchange 2000, but nothing for Exchange 2003. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Distribution groups are just that, the...

Finding the folder?
I used to use windowns 98se and was able to find the folder which contained the things for the outbox, sent items and such. I used to just delete those and it would erase all the stuff in the folders. I'm using windows xp and can't seem to figure out how to do it. Anyone know what folder they are in? Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for pst-file. By default it is located in C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ You can also locate the file by using Rightclick the root folder (probably Ou...

Links do not work in junk mail folder
Dear readers: I've noticed that the hyperlinks do not work on the messages sent to my junk folder and also, the images are not available. If I un junk a message or drag it to my inbox, both of the former behavior is reversed. Why does this happen and how can I undo this. That's by design, as a security feture.=20 You've already found the solution -- moving the item to another folder.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 ...

mailbox.pst is not a personal folders file
Hello, One of my users receives the following message when he tries to open up his Microsoft Outlook 2000: The action could not be completed. The file ...\mailbox.pst is not a personal folders file. It was working earlier in the day how could mailbox.pst not be a personal folders file anymore? What can I do to make it a personal folders file again? Thanks. Make sure the path is correct. If outlook is trying to load from a path to the user's profile, and that profile has changed, been moved, copied, etc. the path will be wrong. So, Double-check that full path, and search the...

Unable to see any data folder in smartlist on the server
Dear All, Unable to see any data folder in smartlist on the server all the smartlist left side panel is empty even with sa user on the server for GP9.0 whereas it's ok on all the client machines. I click and unlick all the options in smart list security options and no changes happen. Could u please help me to solve this issue. Thanks in advance. -- Developer Hi, Check the regional options for the server, under advanced tab make sure the language selected work with GP SQL Collation. "Dexdev" wrote: > > Dear All, > > Unable to see any data folder in smar...