Flagging in Public Folders

My client has several users wanting to see the same message store. I
implemented a public folder. Trouble is.... messages/posts cannot be flagged
for later inspection.

Any ideas?

Simon Beresford, MCP

IT Support Engineer

Expert Systems Ltd

e: sberesford@expertsystems.co.uk

w: www.expertsystems.co.uk

t: +44(0)870 4296181

f: +44(0)870 4296182

the Total IT Service

0
simon9721 (1)

what version of outlook and exchange and why can't they flag them?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Simon" <simon@expertsystems.co.uk> wrote in message
> My client has several users wanting to see the same message store. I
> implemented a public folder. Trouble is.... messages/posts cannot be
> flagged
> for later inspection.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Simon Beresford, MCP
>
> IT Support Engineer
>

> Expert Systems Ltd
>
> e: sberesford@expertsystems.co.uk
>
> w: www.expertsystems.co.uk
>
> t: +44(0)870 4296181
>
> f: +44(0)870 4296182
>

> the Total IT Service

0
dianenws (1904)

How do I stop opening new publications?
We're working on the literary magazine, and we took something from a floppy and put it on the first page. Then we took out the floppy, put in another one, and put that document on page two. However, it opened a whole new publication and we currently have seven new publications running. How do I stop this? PS: We honestly DO know how to run computers...just NOT Publisher. I promise. Have you tried...Insert / Page... (Ctrl+Shift+N). Also it may be a good idea to copy the files to your hard drive before importing them into Publisher. -- John Inzer "InTooDeep0604" &...

path to Public folders
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4AF86.FAE6BA80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi folks, We have a standalone W2k3 DC with Exchange 2k3. It seems like the path = in the IIS manager is not correct and we cannot write to the location. = In the IIS manager the location for 'Public' under the default web site = is: \\.BackOfficeStorage\dc.ourdomain.com\Public Folders For the 'ExchWeb' it is: C:\Progran Files\Exchsrvr\ExchWeb What is the path to the actual folder for the...

Error adding existing personal folders
I had to reformat my computer, and after re-installing Office 2007 again, I went to add my personal folders back into Outlook, but when I select the .pst file(s), I get the message "The file C:\ . . . \*.pst is not a personal folders file." The files in question actually *are* .pst files -- I was using them in Outlook 2007 before the reformatting of my hard drive. Any ideas why Outlook is not recognizing them? It doesn't matter if I choose "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)" or "Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst)" when I ...

Multiple/Large Pivot Tables for Publication
Hello everyone...a little advise would be appreciated. We have some very complex and large pivot tables that use data downloaded as text files from the web. That in itself is a problem because the data must be"prepared" in order to work with it in Excel. We have many pivot tables, most of which were copied by using the Move or Copy function. Originally the problem that was the most frustrating was changing the data source as it was always changing...larger or smaller. I created an offset formula to set the data range and that solved the problem. But, it seems that when peo...

E-mail folders will not open when Outlook installed
After OUTLOOK 2002 was installed on my computer it would not work properly, and the following error message was received: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found." "MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured." See if the information in the following MSKB article helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];293058 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered ...

Limitation / performance of search folders in Outlook 2003 ?
Hi!! Exists any limitation with the fearch folders in Outlook 2003? something like the 32 K rule limitation? whats about the performance with the fearch folder? (I heard it's slow when you work with a Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server!?) regards, gicio ...

Can't Track contacts in an Outlook Public Folder
Our current company contacts are in a public folder called company contacts When we try to track these contacts in CRM we get the following message “Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook Store can be promoted to Microsoft CRM” If I track a contact in my local Outlook contacts, this appears in CRM However, the contact then appears twice in my local contacts list If I delete the contacts they stay in CRM but no are no longer in Outlook The reason we have our company contacts in a public folder is to ensure that everyone is referencing one source so that any new contacts and update...

--unread mail search folder across multipple accounts
Outllook 2007 - I'm opening 4 email boxes from the exchange server. Each has an "unread mail"search folder. Can i make one unread mail folder across all the inboxes? ---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News Provider ---- http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups No. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, woofish@hotmail.com asked: ...

Outlook 2003
Looking at my inbox, I want to move the "flag status" column from the end to the 4th column. I've tried to reorder the fields but the flag status icon stays at the end. Any suggestions? thanks Try removing the flag column using Field Chooser and then add it back = where you want it using the same method. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, no spam asked: | Looking at my inbox, I want to move the...

Using Public Folder as mailbox
I understand the concept of using a public folder as a mailbox, it just isn't working. I've got a front end server that is getting the mail from the internet, and two backend servers. When I send mail to publicfolder@whatever.com it gets stuck in the local delivery queue on the front end server, and jsut sits there... The public folder I'm trying to send to does not have a replica on the front end server. I can send mail to the folder rfom inside without a problem. Thanks in advance for any help, I've been trying to figure this one out for a few days now. On Tue...

Mail fwd to a Public Folder from an external source does not work
We have a mailbox setup that forwards mail to a public folder. When sending internally it works fine, when sending from an external source, like my isp account, it makes it to the mailbox, but not the public folder. Any help would be appreciated. How are you forwarding the mail from the mailbox? With an Outlook rule, or via the Delivery Options? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "HoughB" <HoughB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A597796-B8B3-421B-A871-7E9B88235777@microsoft.com... > We have a mailbox setup that forwards mail to a public folde...

Sent items not going to Sent Folder after sending
I am using Office 2003 Outlook. Recently, after sending an email the message does not show up in my Sent Folder but rather the folder of the person I sent the message to. Any suggestions? -- LGenn ...

Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool
Good Morning, Is it just me or does this tool not work with 2007, is it is not listed on the file menu as the online article suggests. Tom Works fine "Gandalf252002" <grandor2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:p5d9q5huf7u0u1iavl7cqk2ofeh7bt2hia@4ax.com... > Good Morning, > > Is it just me or does this tool not work with 2007, is it is not > listed on the file menu as the online article suggests. > > Tom On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 07:44:55 -0400, Gandalf252002 <grandor2002@yahoo.com> wrote: >Good Morning, > >Is it just m...

Public folders #47
Trying to allow users to send on behalf of a public folder. I have granted users the permission to do so in exch sys manager, but even as administrator, it says "you do not have permission to send on behalf of this user" Why is this happening? How long did you wait after making the changes? It can take up to 2 hours for permissions changes to become effective. Just because you are an administrator doesn't mean that you'll automatically have Send on Behalf of permissions... -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Jez" <Jez@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Mailbox Folder Access
I understand how to grant permission to a single user's mailbox. However, can I grant that access centrally from one location, rather than touching every AD account? I haven't used it, but see http://www.symprex.com/excentre/fpm.htm Or send out a simple email to users explaining how to do it. JOHN wrote: > I understand how to grant permission to a single user's > mailbox. However, can I grant that access centrally from > one location, rather than touching every AD account? ...

Outlook 2003 rules do not move incoming mails to other Personal Folders
Problem: I have set up rules on my Inbox to move new emails to folders in various other .pst files. When an email arrives that matches the rule it seems to cause another instance of Outlook to open and this hangs Outlook. These .pst files are already open in Outlook when I the rule is meant to run. This did not cause any problems in Outlook 2000 but has caused me and some colleagues problems in Outlook 2003 and XP. Please help. ...

The contents of this public folder are currently
Someone from Outlook Calendaring suggested I move my question here: Created a calendar in all public folders in site1 Gave permission to 10 users total (7 from site1 and 3 from site2) Users has REVIEWER permission so they should be able to view calendar Users from site2 is unable to view the calendar Users from site 2 see the following msg when they click on the calendar. Users has Office 2002 sp2 Any ideas? Full error message: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location.The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable. Either ...

cannot open default email folders. information store cannot be ope
i have deleted and reconfigured my profile more than once but Outlook will not open. I can access my mail online through Cox but it does not contain my personal folders or all of my emails. I am using Vista and Outlook 2007. thank you. Have you inadvertently configured your mail account to connect to an Exchange server? "jnormandin" <jnormandin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8E95224-8BAD-4B79-9CED-B673D68D16DF@microsoft.com... > i have deleted and reconfigured my profile more than once but Outlook will > not open. I can access my mail onl...

Delete folder in Outlook 98
I can't seem to find a way to delete a folder in Outlook 98. I have a file(?) "Outlook Today" and another file I named "MyName". I'm always finding myself in the wrong one - it's aggravating. Please help. Pat Upshaw Charles P. (Pat) Upshaw <patup@earthlink.net> wrote: > I can't seem to find a way to delete a folder in Outlook 98. I have a > file(?) "Outlook Today" and another file I named "MyName". I'm always > finding myself in the wrong one - it's aggravating. The "Outlook Today" folder file i...

How do I email an outlook folder to another location?
Hi, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 on XP. I have a folder(about 1500 emails) in my outlook that I need to send to someone at a different location and that person then needs to access it through his outlook. Please let me know how this can be done. Sim Copy the folder to a pst. Then email or otherwise transport the pst file to the other computer. He can then open the pst in his outlook. "Sim" <Sim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F42A52C-9FD3-4248-BDE0-9AAD75ED5524@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 on XP. >...

Cannot move emails between folders 02-20-10
I have Outlook 2007. Had a system crash and had a corruption in Outlook which required me to run the scanpst utility to fix it. Had lost contacts and calendar but emails appeared to have been saved. After reinstalling Vista I reloaded Outlook and tried to import all the emails from my previous version. They would not import. I renamed the previous pst file and attached it to the new version thinking I could move the emails to the new Personal folder. Some converted but many would not. I get a message "Cannot move the items". Any suggestions as to what I shou...

Public Folder Email Looping
We have a number of Mail Enabled Public Folders that we have server alerts sent to. The public folder then forwards the alert to Blackberry mailboxes. I had an issue where a users Blackberry mailbox was down and when a message was forwarded to him from the PF it began a loop that wouldn't stop. 1) The Public Folder forwards the message out. 2) It gets rejected by Blackberry and sends a non-delivery back to the PF. 3) The Public folder then continues to forward the non-delivery message to the Blackberry account. 4) continued loop has started Is there any way to prevent this from h...

Explore menu folders in excel
Hi, I'm trying to make a spreadsheet of folders (just the name of the folder) from explore of the start menu and copy it into excel. I have hundreds of different folders. So I was wanting to know if there was a quick way of doing this? Tammy ...

Outlook 2002 does not allow me to move folders
Hello, I try to organize my folders it does not allow me to because I do not have permission. I try to right click on the folder, go to options but there is no summary or permissions tab to investigate. What is wrong Thanks Marcus ...

Public Folder IPM.Post to IPM.Note
Hello, I want to change my incoming messages to my public folders from IPM.Post to IPM.Note. I have found the patch regarding this and the information associated. My question is that the hotfix info mentions that it is not required if Exchange 2003 SP1 is already installed. We have SP2 installed - should I assume that it is already bundled then? If so, is my only remaining step to add the regkey and proper value on all servers that contain the public store? Thanks in advance!!! That is correct, however, I did hear reports on posts about some users that id did not work and still had...