Flagged message in DRAFTS folder is automatically "complete"

I'm trying to flag messages in my Outlook 2003 Drafts
folder aso they show up in "For Follow Up" and I remember
to complete them.

Unfortuantely the flag is automatically set to complete
and cannot be changed in the right click menu Igrayed
out).

Does anyone have a solution for this?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hmmm... It works here.

Are you using a pst or Exchange account?

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

[Posted using NewsLook NNTP add-in for Outlook]

On 18 May 2004 20:39, "Dan" wrote:
>I'm trying to flag messages in my Outlook 2003 Drafts
>folder aso they show up in "For Follow Up" and I remember
>to complete them.
>
>Unfortuantely the flag is automatically set to complete
>and cannot be changed in the right click menu Igrayed
>out).
>
>Does anyone have a solution for this?

0
info2937 (567)
5/19/2004 2:57:01 AM
It is in a PST, but there is also an exchange account in the aacounts list.  Exchange operates over a VPN and often has outlook crawling.  However, this problem occurs in the pst drafts folder

     ----- Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote: ----

     Hmmm... It works here

     Are you using a pst or Exchange account

     Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook
     Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hour
     Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide
     Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide

     Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net
     Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.co

     [Posted using NewsLook NNTP add-in for Outlook

     On 18 May 2004 20:39, "Dan" wrote
     >I'm trying to flag messages in my Outlook 2003 Drafts
     >folder aso they show up in "For Follow Up" and I remember
     >to complete them.
     >>Unfortuantely the flag is automatically set to complete
     >and cannot be changed in the right click menu Igrayed
     >out)
     >>Does anyone have a solution for this

Diane

I just discovered a clue.  If I just flag the item it appears in FollowUp.  If I then add a reminder date, it disappears.  Clearing the reminder date does not fix this, but clearing the flag and resetting it does.

Workflow to Complete Task
Hi I have CRM 4.0 running such that a task is created to send a pack to each new contact. Once the pack is mail merged out of CRM 4.0 , I somehow want a workflow to complete the task instead of me having to manually complete each task. How can i go about this please? Any Suggestions? I would really appreciate some help. Regards Snow White I would create a manual workflow that completes the task and create an Advanced Find view to locate the tasks and then complete them en masse. -- Richard Riddle CRM Developer Autonomix "Snow White" wrote: > Hi > > I have CRM...

query doesn't complete
Hi, the following query which has been used many times before, just never seems to complete this time. Other than a table name, nothing has changed. The table being updated has 16 million rows and the other views used in the select have 216 and 360 million rows. The query has been running for 18hrs now. It has necessary indexes. my search online, found some results where it says that sometimes with SQL 2005, SP2, some people have had this problem, but did not find anything that would help me. I checked for indexes, ran the DBCC free proccache killed and restarted the query ...

Outlook won't close completely
When I close outlook, it doesn't close completely. Then, when I try to reopen Outlook it won't open. If I look in Task Manager, it will show multiple copies of Outlook open. Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Cover Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire...

Turn on address auto complete?
I have been trying to turn on the autocomplete feature in outlook. if you type the first letter of an address you have typed before it will complete it for you, similar to what IE6 does for URL. Does anybody know where to turn it on? Thanks, Peter What version of Outlook? Outlook doesn't do auto-complete. It has a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out of the field (or hit Alt-K [Check Names]), Outlook will attempt to resolve the name against your address book. If it can't it'll red underline it and you can right click on the ...

Mailbox move reporting less "items" after move completed
Moving users from source Ex2k to target Ex2k3 server both patched to latest SP's and public hotfixes. When I move users from source to target, the reported "Total Items" (as viewed by ESM and viewing the "Mailboxes" for the Store) is different on the target. For some users the "Total Items" is the same, others the difference is a few items, and still others it's in the 100's. How can I find out what was not moved? If you selected Skip corrupted items in Migration Wizard and entered the number of items to skip, than maybe that number is the max d...

keyboard shortcut to complete task
Is there a keyboard shortcut to mark a task as complete in Outlook 2003? I know that if I have the cursor on the checkbox, I can press the spacebar to mark complete, but I'm looking for a keyboard shortcut that would work even if the cursor is on another field (such as Subject). ...

Too many records to complete this operation
When trying to refresh a pivot table I get the error message "Too many records to complete this operation". Actually I get it with any operation I try. Using Office 2003. ...

auto complete
MY outlook does not do autocomplete until after I have used that name that day. After that it will work until i shut down. I have another machine with outlook and it works all the tim. Have checked all settings anf looking for some help. Thanks Charlie Create a new profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Charlie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005401c3bc2a$bcdd1680$a501280a@phx.gbl... > MY outlook does not do autocomplete until after I have > used that name that day. After that it will work until i > shut down. I have another machin...

Q/VB.NET: Append data to XML file without loading complete file?
Can someone give me an example how to append data without having to load the complete XML file. Is this possible? Jonathan "Jonathan Buckland" <jonathan@theinformationpeople.com> wrote in message news:94e0c304.0402200504.39458a35@posting.google.com... > Can someone give me an example how to append data without having to > load the complete XML file. The ability to append data to an XML file without processing the entire document greatly depends on the structure of the XML, and the place in the file where you want to append. As a simple example to get started with, co...

Verifying Public Folder Replication is complete
Is there a way to verify public folder replication is 100% done between a new Exchange 2003 server and an older Exchange 2000 server before removing the Exchange 2000 server (according to the appropriate ms kb article)? Sorry - the reason I'm asking is that I'm testing E2K to E2K3 migration and I finally got PF replication partially? working. After a day of replication - the counts/sizes don't look the same from ESM and the pub1.edb and pub1.stm don't look the same on both servers (on E2K3 the pub1.stm is larger than the E2K pub1.stm). The public folder hierarchy looks...

Follow up to include Save as Completed option
I found the Follow Up option on the Form Assistance is very handy. It will even be better if it can have Save as Completed option. I understand there are some custom buttons we can add as Quick Activities or etc, still think it's nice to have Save as Completed option in the Follow Up option. ...

Auto Complete won't accept deletions
I enjoy the time saving feature of "auto complete" in Money 2002. I just enter the first couple of letters and M2 suggests a complete entry. However, I created a few typo's and cannot delete them from the list of auto complete words. Any suggestion on how to delete certain "words" from auto complete lists?-- Tom W Payees? Try cleaning up the list of Payees at Categories & Payees|Payees. "Tom W" <TomW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:660F25F2-7CE0-4C28-9D08-5164089ACBD7@microsoft.com... >I enjoy the time saving feature o...

Changes salesperson or customer name for completed transaction
Is there a method of changing the customer or salesperson linked to a transaction that has already been completed? We sometimes process a transaction with the wrong customer or salesperson and need to change it after the customer has left, once we realize the mistake. I am aware the the transaction can be voided and re-rung, but there must be (or should be) an easier method of doing this. RMS should have something built into it to enable the user to change the salesperson or customer after a transaction has posted. "Terrible Tom" wrote: > The simplest method, by far, w...

Completely blank emails hang exchange POP3 download
Every single morning around 2 AM a blank email is sent into my Exchange 2003 account. The email has no subject, no body, no header. When I try to download emails from my account into Outlook or Outlook Express using POP3, an error 0x800CCC0F occurs and the download of email hangs. At that point I can no longer download or use my email account at all. To clear the message I have to log into the server using OWA, locate the blank email, and delete it. Upon doing so the POP3 download of mail resumes as normal. When I look through the server logs I can get the IP address of the computer se...

Change order names are presented in Auto-complete
When I type a name into the "To" line, auto-complete offers suggestions assuming that I am typing the first name. I have 100's of names and would prefer to have them listed by last name first as they are in the address-book and Contacts list. Is it possible to have Auto-complete organized by last name first? Thanks. Bob S <BobS@nospam.com> wrote: > When I type a name into the "To" line, auto-complete offers > suggestions assuming that I am typing the first name. I have 100's > of names and would prefer to have them listed by last name first as ...

How do I remove a .PST file from Outlook2003... that has already been physically deleted... COMPLETELY?!
Microsoft Outlook2003 (Upgrade version - from Outlook2000) Hi I cant get MS Outlook to 'forget' a .PST file! Background I have been moving .PST files around and have even managed to upgrade my my mailbox.pst file to the new Outlook2003 format. I thus have a whole new ..PST file into which I have dragged all my emails (using Control/drag for some mysterious reason but it seemed to work!). My new .PST file which is called "Personal_Folders.pst" is the default file for everything. But when I came to let go of the old mailbox.pst file, which shows up as "My Personal Fo...

Public Folder URL incomplete
OK, second and final post. I have 2 domains (domainA.com, dmainB.com) running in a single Exchange 2003 org, everything works well but in the process of solving 1 problem I have come accross this. NOTE: domainA.com server is called serv1, domainB.com's is called serv2. When I use OWA as user@domainA.com on the serv1.domainA.com/exchange/ server I can access my mail, but when I click on the public folders link it goes to http://serv2/public <-- you see that, the link should be http://serv2.domainB.com/public/ OR http://serv1.domainA.com/public/ Why? And how can I fix this, please Shai...

HELP....PLEASE Update not complete
I have been using money essentials for a few years now with no problem. I get a pop up that it is time to renew. I d/l the new ? version of Essentials now I cant update any of my accounts. I tried to do what the support page says and stop the services to set them up again but after I do that it tries to go to any of my accounts and immediately pops up "update not complete" like it never even goes to any site. After three hours on the phone being bounced back and forth for three hours from digital river to Money tech they wanted to charge me forty dollars for support. When I to...

a status like "checking" to change to date format when completed
I am creating a DB that is for Tracking engineering drawings. I want to have a status field that has the following 1. not started 2. in process 3. in checking 4 complete / Date completed Is it possible to have the complete status change to a date somehow? I want to avoid having two fields, a status field and a complete field I would suggest that you may want to change that to have four date fields. DateReceived DateStarted DateReviewStarted DateComplete That way you can easily check its status in the process and get a complete timeline. but to answer your speci...

Too many records to complete this operation
I have Excel 2003 SP2 (Office Pro). I have a pivot table with 7 columns and 232 rows. I am trying to add one more column, but it wont. I get an error that reads "Too many records to complete this operation." My columns in question are city and state. I can use one or the other, but not both. I also have one calculated field weighting the averages in the data area. Any suggestions? Thanks, Usarian M. Skiff ...

Prob. with complete online download
I recently downloaded my e-Trade account information automatically. When I did, it correctly downloaded my positions and all the pertinate information pertaining to them, however it did not get my cash portions in the securities accounts. Any ideas why? The main reason is it's not recording my entire balances and throwing off my actual balances. This seems to be a recurrent problem because when I first tried Money on the trial version, it did the same thing. I just attributed it to being limited with the trial version, but I recently purchased the "Premium" edition and ...

Modify 'completed' activities in MS CRM 3.0
Is there a way to modify 'Completed' Activity Records in Microsoft CRM 3.0? For example, a user needs to add some aditional text to the description field in a 'Phone Call' Activity record that has been set as "Completed." Or a user mistakenly assigned a series of Activity records to the wrong Account. Now, those records need to be modified so that they are set as "Regarding" to another account. MS CRM 3.0 sets all fields to 'grey' and un-available for editing once the activity record as been set as "Completed." So, is there a way...

Cust maint window "ship complete documents" should be default
In the customer maintenance window, I need to have "ship complete documents" option be checked on as a default.....any suggestions? -- Paula ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbro...

ordering series one completely after each other (multiple X-axis?)
Hello, I have a set of 250 items describing the same event for different items over the last years. I would like to chart these items and still be able to differenciate them by year. ex: Year Item Value 1995 A 10 1995 B 10 1995 C 9 1995 D 8 1996 E 10 1996 F 8 1996 G 6 .... and so on If I leave a blank line between 1995 and 1996 items then I can then spot the gap from one year to another on the chart but it is not very p...

Automatically record completed tasks in Journal?
I've done a quick search, but don't see how to do this. I'm using Outlook 2003, and have created various Tasks. Once they are completed, I check them off. I would like for the completed task information to be automatically entered into the Journal so that it will create a record that I can review at the end of the month. Many thanks for any suggestions. ~d. jettster Make a Task Items folder for completed Tasks and drag them there. You can show whatever fields etc you like. Judy "Dexter Jettster" <dj@dj.com> wrote in message news:V0aqg.61429$fb2.4565...