finding your posts

Is there an esy way of finding your own post. Can they be tageed to
email?

--
blackwellcj

"blackwellcj" <blackwellcj.51ba15e@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Is there an esy way of finding your own post.

Yes - use a newsreader instead of  web forum.

If you're using the forum, there is a checkbox to tell you when it's been
responded to. You'll get an email with a link to it. If you're using a
newsreader like Outlook Express, you can tag it to show you're watching it.
It'll show up red and bold when it's been responded to.

"blackwellcj" <blackwellcj.51ba15e@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Is there an esy way of finding your own post. Can they be tageed to
> email?
>

> --
> blackwellcj

0
korland (145)
10/14/2009 3:42:41 PM
search for your username or the subject.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:

"blackwellcj" <blackwellcj.51ba15e@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Is there an esy way of finding your own post. Can they be tageed to
> email?
>

> --
> blackwellcj

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/15/2009 2:01:22 AM
Flag it.

> search for your username or the subject.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=22205
>
> "blackwellcj" <blackwellcj.51ba15e@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Is there an esy way of finding your own post. Can they be tageed to
>> email?
>>

>> --
>> blackwellcj

0
MHL
10/15/2009 4:19:59 AM
That (or mark to 'watch') only works if you are using an NNTP client. The OP
used a web forum.

--

"MHL" <booyakasha at mac dot com> wrote in message
> Flag it.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> search for your username or the subject.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=22205
>>
>> "blackwellcj" <blackwellcj.51ba15e@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Is there an esy way of finding your own post. Can they be tageed to
>>> email?
>>>

>>> --
>>> blackwellcj

0
outlookmvp (5838)

to find out number off offdays of each employee
I have to find the number of offdays depending upon the values of two cell A1 cell and B1 cell A1 ( Saturday) cell contain 1,2,3,4 B1 cell contain number of off days in January 2008. This is the active cell. Here I have to find out the number of off days by calculating the value of A1cell. If A1 cell = 1 that means every Saturdays will be offdays. Here I will apply the formula num_sat=(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(DATE(2008,1,1)&":"&DATE(2008,1,31))),1)=7)) . I will get number of saturdays If the value is 2 then the off day will be every 2th Saturdays. For example...

Finding characters within a text
Hi How to check, using single formula, that a text within a certain cell contains one of certain characters? For instance, how to check if there is a 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' character within cell A1 that reads 'W-RII'. Thanks in advance Hmm..not very elegant, but maybe =NOT(AND(ISERROR(FIND("R",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("L",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("P",A1)))) Returns TRUE if the text in A1 contains 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' . FIND is case-sensitive, use SEARCH if you also want to find lower-case characters. Cheers, Joerg Mochiku...

Sql to find record in a hierarchical chain
Hi, lets say I have a table with 2 fields: myTable Field 1 - ref Field 2 - parentRef Now in the structure there could be numerous chains until you get to the top of the hieratchy (where the ref field = parentRef field). ie ref parentRef 111 222 222 333 333 444 444 444 so in this 444 is top of the chain (there will be many other records as well that are nothing to with 444 and are part of their own hierarchy). So how do I easily relate 111 to 444. Ie how do i find the ultimate top parent for a given 'ref' field. Hope anyone can give me some pointers ...

Finding all queries which use a table

Where do I find SSADM 4+ templates in Visio ?
Hi, I understand SSADM 4+ templates were available in Visio 2002. I have just moved from Smartdraw to Visio Professional 2003 and am having difficulty finding SSADM 4+ templates. Does anyone know where I can find these templates? Are they still available in the 2002 version? ...

Merge Cells I can't find
I was trying to hide a column, and got a message that I couldn't, because cells in another column were involved. I don't see those cells, and "merge" is turned off. Any suggestions for finding them? Ed This quick macro will remove all merges on the current sheet: Sub RemoveMerges() Cells.UnMerge End Sub You can, of course define a range instead. -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you. "Ed Kearns" wrote: > I was trying to hide a column, and got a message that I couldn't...

OE to OL export
Sorry to bother you with the precedding plea for HELP. After a little more poking around, I found the Eport>Messages in OE that made my task a lot easier. ...

XL 2007: How to find out what keyboard shortcuts I've assigned to macros?
Over the years, I've recorded and written a lot of macros. (Probably time to take a week or two and go over them and delete at least half!) I assigned a keyboard shortcut to a lot of them. I seem to remember that before XL 2007, there was a keyboard organizer that I could go through and review what shortcuts I had already assigned to my macros. I can't find that in 2007, though. Is there an easy way to generate a list of all my keyboard assignments and what macros they go to? Ed I don't recall ever seeing any such keyboard organizer in 2007. Canned from a prev...

Find if a Form is Open
If this is not the correct newsgroup please direct my to the right one. I'm extending a legacy application at my work and I've created a macro that perform a specific task, there are two different forms that can call this macro, only one of them will be open at the moment the macro is called, for the macro to perform his task the first query of the macro needs a ID number from one of the forms. So is there a way to test which one of the forms are open? Something like: case when IsOpen(Forms.Form1) then Forms.Form1.ID when IsOpen(Forms.Form2) then Forms.Form2.ID end as ...

Formula to find last monday (tue, wedn, thu or friday) for a given month
Hi, I need a formula to calculate the date of the last monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday or friday of a given month. Can't seem to find the answer anywhere. example: day: wednesday (or corresponding nr) month: 3 year: 2004 Result: 31/03/04 Who can help? Thank you for reading and eventually answering my question.Back Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm#DaysInMonth -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Michele" <mw001@pandora.be> wrote in message news:b30b6913.0402090708.556d0faa@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I need a...

Find and replace with bold in cells

"frequently used text fields" as default search in advanced find?
I never search just the subject field in Outlook's advanced find. I always search "frequently used text fields". I dont want to have to think about which part of an email to search - I just want to find the word or phrase I have in mind. I have years worth of emails, and the search speed when searching every field is acceptable. There's no need to restrict the search to just one field. It's counter productive to have to stop and select this option every_single_time I use advanced find. It drives me crazy. Any way to set this as default? ...

Advanced Find : Customer & Parent Customer
When we create a Case, we set the "Customer" attribute to an Account or a Contact (where the 'parent customer' is defined). Is it possible to do an Advanced Find that will find all Cases that are tied back to the Account? I can easily create one search where the Customer = Account. I can do another search where the Customer = Parent Account. What I can't seem to perform is an advanced find where I find all Cases that are associated with a specific Account (I can't use the AND or the OR statements in the search since these are two difference entities). I ...

Finding difference in Month Values
I'm trying to extract differences in month values - eg Values >1 (january) and <4(april) return 11,12 ,2 & 3. How can I get results 2 & 3 or february and march? Thanks to any one that can help with this. Margaret You need to give us more infomation.... post the SQL statement of the query that you're trying to run. I'm guessing, based on the values being selected, that you're Values field/variable is a text data type, which will cause the problem you're seeing. In text data, 11 and 12 are less than 4 because the first "digit" (actually a te...

Find first
I have a column that has multiple zero values at the top and some negative and zero values below. I want to find the first (topmost) non-zero value. It will be negative. What would be the appropriate formula to use? Thanks; David One way (assumes data is in A1:A25): =INDEX(A1:A25,MATCH(TRUE,A1:A25<>0,0)) This is an array formula. Hit ctrl-shift-enter instead of enter. If you do it correctly, excel will wrap curly brackets {} around your formula. (don't type them yourself.) Maybe (just in case): =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A25,"<>"&0)=0,"No non-zeros", ...

I can't find outlook express on my Mac?
I found a folder called Outlook express, but there is no actual program. I have Internet Explorer, should't I also have Outlook Express? http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&q=outlook+express+mac what version of IE is installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messa...

cross post of excel files .xls~rf54f6e762.tmp
Help! After saving and closing a document, tmp files remain in the folder where the file is saved. They take the form example %Docname%.xls~rf54f6e762.tmp You can delete these files without causing problems, and you can open the document with which they are associated without any problems. Files are being saved to a network drive. Happens with Excel 2000 and Excel XP. Thank you ...

Where to find AdventureWorks database samples
Does anybody know where I can find the sample Adventureworks database? I need the most recent one for sql server 2008 sp1. Try this link http://www.codeplex.com/MSFTDBProdSamples Dave Ballantyne http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/sqlandthelike/ Andy B. wrote: > Does anybody know where I can find the sample Adventureworks database? I > need the most recent one for sql server 2008 sp1. > > Just what I needed. "Dave Ballantyne" <symlink@no5p323mmer> wrote in message news:%23EzXe6bxKHA.3560@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Try this link > &g...

Access 2003: Finding a parent subform control
Hi, Let's say I have a form (F1) that has a subform control (SFC), which in turn displays some other form (F2). The question is: if I have a variable referring to an instance of F2 (i.t. an instance of the subform), how exactly can I obtain a reference to the instance of the subform control that "hosts" the given instance of F2? I thought it would be easy, like using Parent property for the subform. But the Parent property contains a reference to the parent form, not to the parent subform control. Does anybody know how to do what I want? Thank you, Yarik. "Yarik" &l...

Finding a DL's home server
I'm trying to write a VBS that will add mailboxes to Distribution Lists, based on the CSV file from a Directory Export. I'm having troubles because in order to ADD a mailbox, you need to use the DL's home server in the LDAP ADsPath. This is not required if you only want to READ a property of the DL. For example, Let's say that the DL, 'DL-Office', is on Server1 which is in another Site. Say Server2 is local to me. If I just want to know how many members there are in 'DL- Office' I can do the following: strDL="LDAP://Server2/cn=DL-Office,cn=DLs,ou=Ci...

Inventory posting for new year before running year end?
Hello, What happens if we post inventory transactions for new year without performing year end for 2008? Thanks, MS When you close inventory for 2008, beginning quantities are updated. If you've posted 2009 transactions, they will be included in the 2008 beginning quantity. There are a handful of inventory reports that use the Beginning Qty field, such as the Inventory Turns report. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Thanks Frank... Did you mean to say the posted transaction will be incu...

Posting a Journal Entry directly Into SQL?
Currently, we using Integration Assistant 8.0 for Excel to import about 6 Simple Journal Entries per day. This was fairly easy for the first few weeks, but now it's just getting boring. Our process goes something like this: Run a custom SQL Query (that operates on both Great Plains and other data sources) that produces a result set that is cut and pasted as a formatted Journal Entry into Excel. Then, from Excel, we just run our already-built integration package which imports the batch into Great Plains. We've already figured out how to get some basic transaction data out of Gr...

Best way to find the last value in a variable-length table?
I have a table containing a series of readings, something like this: A B # Volume 15 1 1,000 ml 16 2 915 ml 17 3 830 ml 18 4 745 ml 19 5 660 ml ... I need a way to find the last row of the table, which could have anywhere from 2 to 20 rows. hi, ! if column A has only numbers - a formula outside column A =match(9e307,a:a) - a formula outisde "the range" =match(9e307,a1:a20) hth, hector. __ OP __ > I have a table containing a series of readings, something like this: > A B > # Volume > 15 1 1,000 ml &...

Find and Replace against set of rules in 2nd table/worksheet
Looking for a tool, or code that does the following. Edit [partial cell data] in Sheet1, if [partial cell data] meets criteria in Sheet2, COL1. Sheet2, COL2 has the REPLACE WITH information. Presently there are 59 criteria on Sheet 2, and I have to perform this against 19 sites. So doing this manual via Find and Replace takes forever. VBA code, or something similar would be great. (Wanted to write an Update Query Access, but Access sent me here.) Thanks in Advance TBL1 COL1 Mari Johnson Jim Evans Charles Stanley Jerry Straight TBL2 COL1 COL2 Mari Mary Straight Strait See,...