Finding Contacts

I am running Outlook 2003 w/SBS2003. I have a number of contacts in my main
contact list. I am trying to use the "Find a Contact" box on the toolbar.
However, I have only intermittent success. There are times that I type in a
name in the Find a Contact box that I have in my contact list only to have
Outlook tell me that "Outlook could not find the requested contact." I have
searched high and low for a solution. I have played/adjusted my address book
settings. I have made sure that the main contact list that holds the
existing (but "not found") contacts is set to "Show this folder as an e-mail
Address Book." None of this seems to help.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

JR

0
jr777777 (8)

Found the answer to my own question.

Actually, "stumbled upon the answer" is a better description.

In case anyone else is reading this you can find the answer in MS support
under kbid=287563. Look under the section titled More Info where it
discusses needing a fax number or e-mail address. I had neither in any of
the contacts. Once I throw something in there...Voila! Works as expected.

"JR" <jr777777@msn.com> wrote in message
>I am running Outlook 2003 w/SBS2003. I have a number of contacts in my main
>contact list. I am trying to use the "Find a Contact" box on the toolbar.
>However, I have only intermittent success. There are times that I type in a
>name in the Find a Contact box that I have in my contact list only to have
>Outlook tell me that "Outlook could not find the requested contact." I have
>searched high and low for a solution. I have played/adjusted my address
>book settings. I have made sure that the main contact list that holds the
>existing (but "not found") contacts is set to "Show this folder as an
>e-mail Address Book." None of this seems to help.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> JR

0
jr777777 (8)
7/13/2005 8:30:59 PM
Hi JR,

 I had exactly the same problem, no email or fax pnone number.  The thing
is, I used to have email address', they somehow disappeared?

The main thing is now I can see my contacts via the adrress book.

Thanks,
TC

"JR" wrote:

> Found the answer to my own question.
>
> Actually, "stumbled upon the answer" is a better description.
>
> In case anyone else is reading this you can find the answer in MS support
> under kbid=287563. Look under the section titled More Info where it
> discusses needing a fax number or e-mail address. I had neither in any of
> the contacts. Once I throw something in there...Voila! Works as expected.
>

> "JR" <jr777777@msn.com> wrote in message
> >I am running Outlook 2003 w/SBS2003. I have a number of contacts in my main
> >contact list. I am trying to use the "Find a Contact" box on the toolbar.
> >However, I have only intermittent success. There are times that I type in a
> >name in the Find a Contact box that I have in my contact list only to have
> >Outlook tell me that "Outlook could not find the requested contact." I have
> >searched high and low for a solution. I have played/adjusted my address
> >book settings. I have made sure that the main contact list that holds the
> >existing (but "not found") contacts is set to "Show this folder as an
> >e-mail Address Book." None of this seems to help.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > JR

0
tc1 (130)
10/23/2005 5:17:06 AM
I had this happen too and I went to my In box and then tried to create a new
folder with the name of one of the folders that were missing and they all
reappeared!

"JR" wrote:

> I am running Outlook 2003 w/SBS2003. I have a number of contacts in my main
> contact list. I am trying to use the "Find a Contact" box on the toolbar.
> However, I have only intermittent success. There are times that I type in a
> name in the Find a Contact box that I have in my contact list only to have
> Outlook tell me that "Outlook could not find the requested contact." I have
> searched high and low for a solution. I have played/adjusted my address book
> settings. I have made sure that the main contact list that holds the
> existing (but "not found") contacts is set to "Show this folder as an e-mail
> Address Book." None of this seems to help.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> JR

0
Vicki (34)

How do I import multiple vcards in groups into the contacts secti.
I have been using another email program for years called Becky. Now I have office 2003 I am going to change and use outlook so it integrates all in one package. I need to know if it possible to import groups of addresses as I had in the Becky Email or do I have do this as one and then put them back into groups. Also the emails can they be imported to the Outlook. Thanks in advance Jeff ...

CRM 3.0
Just working with the beta of 3.0. Is there a quick way to send an e-mail template or even just an e-mail to a selected list of contact. What I mean is, in a list of contacts, if I choose say 3 or 4 contacts, is there some way to quickly choose somehow to send them an e-mail. If I choose them and create a new e-mail task their names do not appear in the to list. Also if I want to send a template e-mail to them, can it be done this way or does it have to be done another way? I know you can create an e-mail activity, then add all the names into the to list but this would be the revers...

Finding Values With more than 2 decimal Places
Hello, I am using sumif to verify some numbers. These should all be dollar values and thus should not contain and values past 2 decimal places however when I use the sumif it returns values with long decimals? I have been unable to find where these decimals exist visually and i tried this formula to help me identify them =IF(L18-(ROUND(L18,2))=0,0,"Help") ^ hopefully this would let me know if a decimal past 2 places is present in a value but I still am unable to find them? any help would be apreciated Thanks Chuck -- clane -------------------------------------------...

Advance Find Order Product
Using Advance Find, is there a way to search Orders that have both Order Product A AND Order Product B? I can easily find Orders that have either Order Product A or Order Product B, but can't seem to make it look for both. Thank you, Adam Three Day Bump. Hi, Don't have CRM in front of me, but try this: Create advanced find with 2 lines using the same field. Select both lines, group as 'AND'. Should work. Good luck, Bertil "AdamEdmonds" wrote: > Three Day Bump. Ok. I tried that and got no results back even though I saw at least two that fit my query. ...

Function to find largest number from a series of numbers?
Is there a function to go across several columns of numbers and pick out the largest one? If not, how would I write that function? thanks to all Rick =MAX(A1:Z1) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "rs" <r_schiller@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message news:2p-dnW3P0f...

Cell.Find in VBA
Hi, I have the following VBA Macro: Set FoundCell = .Cells.Find(What:="199", _ After:=.Cells(1), LookIn:=xlValues, _ LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _ MatchCase:=False) I don't how to write a VBA macro that would cells.find all 5-digit numbers. Here's an example: Column A 199 199 75781 75899 199 80012 Thanks, Hi I think you have to loop through all cells and check the length/value of each cell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D3CEA329-2A...

find a copy of a standard formal report lay out/template
looking for an example of a formal report template Hello pppe productivity placement program example wrote: > looking for an example of a formal report template You can find templates offered by Microsoft at the following URL: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx namely: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101043361033.aspx HTH Robert -- /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT | \ / | MVP | Scientific Reports X Against HTML | for | with Word? / \ in e-mail & news | Word | ...

Find the depth of XML
I have following XML: How can I find the depth of XML? in other word max level of the XML <Root> ----- level 0 <Name>----- level 1 <FirstName>name</FirstName> ---- level 2 <LasName>lname</LastName> <MiddleName>mName<MiddleName> </Name> <Information> <Info1> <Info2> --- level 3 <Info3>asdasd</Info> -- level 4 </Info2> </Info1> </Information> </Root> Raed Sawalha wrote: > I have following XML:...

how to find the last modified user?
Is it possible in CRM to determine who last modified/altered a particular record (of any entity)? Esp, who last modified the details of a particular contact? Thanx There is an example in the SDK of building an "Auditing" module for the CRM admin which would give views of who changed which records, etc. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmauditing.asp Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Simon" wrote: > Is it possible in CRM to determine who last modified/altered a particular > record (of any entity)? > Esp, who last mod...

Missing Contacts #2
After haveing to reinstall Outlook I was able to recover the old data. However now after adding a new contact I am not able to see it when I press 'TO' in a new email. I assume that it it just a file location problem, but which ones and how can I repiar this. Thanks. ...

Business Contact Manager #27
Is there any way to use BCM within a profile connected to an Exchange Server? Thanks, Chris Only SBS check out the faq here http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx (under setup) "Chris Cushman" <ccushman@calence.com> wrote in message news:2b7b01c42252$ea162900$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to use BCM within a profile connected to > an Exchange Server? > > Thanks, > Chris ...

starting in Contacts
How can I have OE 2003 start out in Contacts view? Thx. -- Bill No such program. Try again. This is not an OE group. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bill H." <wh@photosourcefolio.com> wrote in message news:u7g1UQAXJHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How can I have OE 2003 start out in Contacts view? > > Thx. > > -- > Bill > > > Tools, OPtions, Other, Advanced Options, select your startup folder. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper &quo...

Searching closed leads and opening originating lead from contact
I don't see anyway to modify the search fields used on the look for: function to work on closed leads. We frequently have to go back to closed leads to view notes/history that did not transfer when the lead was converted and we can't find a way to search. When I chose "closed leads" or a custom view "my closed leads" the search dialog still searches only open leads. Is there any easy way to add searching of closed views without having to do an advanced find each time? I also notice the converted contact and account has a Originating Lead attribute - is th...

Contacts & Address Book #2
My address book only shows about 9 contacts. I have more than 100 contacts, & I don't know why only these 9 are showing. It seems random. I've tried Contacts>Properties>Outlook Address Book, which was enabled. I disabled, then reenabled it but got the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You haven't told us anything that would permit us to troubleshoot. Read how to configure the Address Book: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Headshrinker" <Headshrinke...

Error when Retrieving a Contact
I am trying to retrieve a contact using the Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll. I follow the example listed at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/CrmSdk/htm/crmcontactretrievemethod.asp?frame=true and it seems to work fine. This code will run fine every time I execute it. Except... when I try to access the results from the strContactXml variable I get an error. The code looks like this: string strContactXml = contact.Retrieve(userAuth, strContactId, ""); Response.Write(strContactXml); I get an error on the access of the strContactXml variable. Is the strContactXml variable a string o...

journal entry with multiple contacts
I would like to put a journal entry in each contact automatically when i do a mailing to a mailing to several contacts at the same time. (This is a print mailing, not email.) Also, I do not print the material or labels, it comes directly from my printer. Thanks ...

lamda not finding string
Given that a.Value is a string and dr is a DataRow Just curious why this works: var temp = Formats.Find(a => a.Value == (string)dr[0]); And this doesn't var temp = Formats.Find(a => a.Value == dr[0]); The only difference is that I am not casting it. If the 2nd one was a casting problem, I would expect an error - but I don't get one. Temp is just = null. Thanks, Tom On 1/27/2010 10:00 AM, tshad wrote: > Given that a.Value is a string and dr is a DataRow > > Just curious why this works: > > var temp = Formats.Find(a => a....

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...

find replace VBA
I have a list of addresses that I want to standardize. For example, I have this list in column A: 100 Randlett Steet 450 Park Str Apt 5 Park Sreet Park Streeet Apt B5 I want to standardize all the versions of 'street' to "St". There are approximately 300 similar replacements, like Aveenue to Ave, Roade to Rd, Northgate to 399 N 7th St. I have compiled all the misspelled words, put them in column B, and the "correct" version next to it, in Column C. I have done all this work because I want to be able to use this list as we continue to receive address data with simil...

Find
Hi All, Whenever I search for something (CTRL+F) in excel it always defaults to the "Find entire cells only" setting. Is there any way I can change this default setting - I want it to search for any cell , not whole cells, by default. Thanks Andi I use xl2003 and when I first open excel (with a blank workbook), I hit ctrl-f, then that option is not checked. But excel likes to help. It remembers the previous settings that you used--including any VBA code that you may have run. Are you sure that it's the default and not the result of a previous find? Andibevan wrote: >...

very simple question, but i cant find the answer
Hello, I am trying to write a generic tool that accesses a SQL server and reads/updates/deletes/creates records. I want to reference this tool from my asp.net pages to talk to my db. by the way, i want the results of any read, update and create to be returned in xml. when reading data, i populate a dataset with data and then use the dataset.getxml method to return xml. is this a neat way of reading data? how does it compare to the FOR XML EXPLICIT command in sql server? when creating/updating data i was thinking of using a data adapter but this seems a bit over the top, maybe i am wrong?...

How to find Watch window in Office X VB Editor (Mac OS X)
Greetings all, Apologies if this is a FAQ here but I've searched google for over an hour with no result. I've just updated to a new machine, running Mac OS X (Tiger) and installed Office X (after updates, 10.1.6). I have dozens of legacy Excel files with all manner of VB code in them from my Excel 5 under Mac OS 8.6 and I'm trying to make them work under this new system environment. One major problem is that I can't figure out how to get out a Watch window!!! I've looked until I'm blue in the face and there is nothing in any menu which will bring out a windo...

Finding a row with the heigest/lowest value under specific conditions.
Hello, Goal: Find the row with the highest of lowest value (can be with extra conditions). Example 1 find the row with the highest value. Example 2 find the row with the highest value not exceeding 3.5. What is the most elegant (???) way to do this ? The examples are simple enough, but if they become part of a larger query, the solutions become less elegant. (In example 2 the condition is repeated which I consider less elegant. In the second solution for example 2, the with is used this only works in recent versions of SQL-server and not in other SQL implementations) S...

How do I sort contacts in Excel?
How can I sort contacts in Excel? They will not sort because they say I have to "unmerge the cells" or "all cells are not the same size". It used to work fine. Thank you....scott ....go ahead and unmerge. Select all the columns where the data is, right click, go to the alignment tab, uncheck the merge box. "Scott" wrote: > How can I sort contacts in Excel? They will not sort because they say I have > to "unmerge the cells" or "all cells are not the same size". It used to work > fine. Thank you....scott You'll need t...

Any way to change default FIND options?
When I do a CTRL+F to find information, the OPTIONS always is set to Look In Formulas. Is there any way to get is to default to Look In Values? thanks. One way: Put this in the ThisWorkbook module of your Personal.xls workbook (or any other workbook in the XLStart directory): Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim result As Range Set result = Sheets(1).Cells.Find( _ What:="", _ LookIn:=xlValues) End Sub Find options are persistent, whether done in the GUI or in VBA, so doing a find will set the LookIn value for the next search. In ...