Finding contacts with user-defined fields

About 10% of my Contacts have two extra user-defined fields,
CMADatabase and CMAContactIndex, which appear to have been added by
either copying and pasting or playing with Small Business Contact
Manager at some point. I can't import these contacts into another app
from Outlook, therefore I need to replace them first

 I can do this by exporting them as vCards and reimporting them,
however I don't know how to /find/ them without examining each contact
individually, because the fields don't show up in "user defined fields
in this folder". Is there another way of finding this set of contacts,
perhaps with an external app?

Thanks,
adam

0
dahamsta (2)

If you know the data types for those fields, you can add them manually =
to the folder so that they can show up in views.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
    http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20

"dahamsta" <dahamsta@gmail.com> wrote in message =
> About 10% of my Contacts have two extra user-defined fields,
> CMADatabase and CMAContactIndex, which appear to have been added by
> either copying and pasting or playing with Small Business Contact
> Manager at some point. I can't import these contacts into another app
> from Outlook, therefore I need to replace them first
>=20
> I can do this by exporting them as vCards and reimporting them,
> however I don't know how to /find/ them without examining each contact
> individually, because the fields don't show up in "user defined fields
> in this folder". Is there another way of finding this set of contacts,
> perhaps with an external app?
>=20
> Thanks,
> adam

0
suemvp (4038)
6/19/2007 7:59:35 PM
Hi Sue,

I tried that with a Text type, and it didn't work; however on your
prompting I tried it with a Keyword type, and it did! Thanks very
much.

adam

On Jun 19, 8:59 pm, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
<sue...@outlookcode.com> wrote:
> If you know the data types for those fields, you can add them manually to the folder so that they can show up in views.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
>      Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
>    http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
>
> "dahamsta" <daham...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1182278586.855808.136040@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
> > About 10% of my Contacts have two extra user-defined fields,
> > CMADatabase and CMAContactIndex, which appear to have been added by
> > either copying and pasting or playing with Small Business Contact
> > Manager at some point. I can't import these contacts into another app
> > from Outlook, therefore I need to replace them first
>
> > I can do this by exporting them as vCards and reimporting them,
> > however I don't know how to /find/ them without examining each contact
> > individually, because the fields don't show up in "user defined fields
> > in this folder". Is there another way of finding this set of contacts,
> > perhaps with an external app?
>
> > Thanks,
> > adam

0
dahamsta (2)

How do Excel define the application area?
When I run a macro as shown below, how does excel define the application area? Disable re-calculation option before processing coding After processing coding, enable re-calculation option calcmode = application.calculation application.calculation = xlCalculationManual 'open worksheet2.xls by using worksheet1's macro application.calculation = calcmode Case 1 If I open an excel worksheet1.xls, then I open worksheet2.xls within this open worksheet1, do I open 1 excel application? If I set calcmode, will it apply to both worksheets at this moment? Case 2 If I open...

Business Contact Manger Bar
Hi, Is there a way to make the BCM toolbar ti stick to the top row with the other toolbars. Everytime I start Outlook the bar is below the others and I would like it to be at the same level as the others -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin No, the BCM bar seems to be pretty adamant about its size and position.=20 More BCM answers at http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

when selecting contacts from drop down the list is blank
When selecting contacts from the drop down (ie if I am composing and click on the "To:" field) my contact list is blank. If I type a letter in the "Type Name or slect from list" field, all my contacts come up. What needs to be done so all my contacts are visible when I select contacts from the drop down ? Thank you mikebach <it_mikeb@hotmail.com> wrote: > When selecting contacts from the drop down (ie if I am composing and > click on the "To:" field) my contact list is blank. If I type a > letter in the "Type Name or slect from list" f...

Check Names
Using Outlook 2000 under Windows 2000 Server. When I type a partial name in the To: field on a new email, I get the red squiggly line indicating there are multiple names matching that pattern. When I hit Send, I get the Check Names window showing a list of matching names. However the only names that show up in the list are from the Global Address List, and none from my Contacts. Under Tools, Services, Addressing tab, I have two entries in the "When sending mail, check names using these address lists in the following order". First is the Global Address List, and second is Contacts,...

Copy one field in two or more fields
Hi i have a tableA with one field and another tableB with two fields. TableA Name a b c d e f .. ... I want copy all values alternatively, in an another tableB with two fields. The results should be: TableB NameA NameB a b c d e e .. Anyone can be help me ? Thank you in advance Best regards Diego -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Diego via AccessMonster.com wrote: >i have a tableA with one field and another tableB with two fields. > >TableA >Name > a > b > c ...

Business Contact Manager 2003 Database Update
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3962C.16F7ECA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear All, I have what I believe a serious problem here. I have been using Outlook = 2003 with Business Contact Manager when it was in Beta 2 and even after = the Technical Refresh. Now, after both are released, I need to use the = BCM database that I have populated. The problem is that the database = cannot be backed up and then restored to the RTM BCM. It keeps telling = me that the version is differen...

Disappearing Contacts 04-23-10
I'm running Windows Live Mail, and some of my "contacts" randomly disappear after a few days...There is not any pattern I can discern, although some are repeaters. I've entered them both through "add contact" after receiving an email, and by direct setup or entry under "new". Any suggestions to correct? Never had this problem with Outlook Express. See if this applies Update to the Windows Live Communications Platform Lost Contacts bug - Contacts.msi http://messengergeek.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E3785B1281BBDA1!4771.entry -- Mike - ...

Error adding new contact from inside an account
When trying to add a new contact from inside an account the crm server throws an error. I am thinking this is an issue with the account to contact mapping, but when I try to view the relationship mapping under the contact entity the "mapping" option does not appear. -- Jesse Jesse, Please verify your server is fully patched and that you have restarted it. Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP "jmcelmury" <jmcelmury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57B0A285-21DE-48BD-BF9F-49763E2E56CC@microsoft.com... > When trying to add a new contact from inside...

New MicroSoft OFFICE: mac user
Hi I've just loaded the program; am in the process of switching over my old word processing. 1) friends are having trouble "reading" my "doc" attachments 2) I cannot light up & drag & drop more than a page of text. This is my preferred method due to low skills levels in some of my friends. Doubtless, I'm doing something wrong. My question is: what am I screwing up? thanks DM In article <1c3f801c4524d$d5370a10$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Dennis M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > I've just loaded the program; am...

Accessing Custom fields (propery)
Hi everyone, Any one who can tell me how to access custom fields using the CRM web service? Thanlks, ...

Individual user in my company needs to have a different domain nam
We are using Exchange 2003, one domain, less than 200 users. One user needs to have his e-mail domain name different from the rest of the company. I was wondering if there was a way I could have his domain name appear to be from another non-existant domain name. For example our company domain name is company.com and his domain name needs to be othercompany.com where othercompany.com does not currently exist. Any insight into this question is welcome and appriciated. Thanks, what is the objective? you can change his smtp address, but if he sends out Internet email with a reply address...

How to copy a field of A excel file to B Excel file automatically?
I need to copy some fields of A.xls to B.xls every night at 12:00. how can I do that? I'd try one of two methods. First, use the MS Windows "scheduler" to fire off you spreadsheet at midnight (make sure to leave the computer turned on) and have a VBA macro triggered when the workbook is opened to perform the data movement. A second, albeit more difficult method, would be to write VBA code to structure an internal timer that would watch for midnight. In this case, you'd have to open the workbook before going home for the day, and activate the macro that sets ...

Field names?
Can anyone tell me what type field and the field names are for the Vote Tracking Recipient and Response? I do see one called "Voting Response" under "All Mail Fields", however that is only showing me my vote responses to someone else, i.e. not thost that I've sent out for a vote myself. Please help, Steve The Voting Response field works for me in my Inbox when I recieve votes in response to an email I send out with Voting Buttons on it. Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant read my articles here: www.judygleeson.com Canberra, Australia how to post qu...

User not accessed the system since last 2 months
Is there any script available to determine accounts that have not logged in for the past x months. Please provide us the link and and guide line how to use that ? Thanks ...

Find function in a macro
I want to set up a macro that searches a column for a value 'X' and then selects the cell right under the cell that contains 'X'. I have been stumped on this for a few days now and would really really appreciate any sort of help or guidance. Thanks a lot! SK --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sub Findit() Dim r as Range For Each r in Range("A1:A1000") 'Or whatever yours is If r.Value = "X" Then Range("A" & r.Row+1).Select 'Change A to your column Exit For End If Next End Sub K P.S. You could probably use an...

Outlook 2000 Calendar Find won't work
When I try to use the "Find" command in Outlook 2000 Calendar I get a quick list of results then the screen clears to the "no items found" message. The "Find" command works in all other personal folders. Any idea what the problem is? ...

Pivot Table 2007 display field only in Grand Total
Dear Excel experts, I have a Pivot Table (Excel 2007). As an example, the table consists of two Colum Labels (Expense 1 and Expense 2). Values under the Column Labels are Actual Expense, Budget and Full Year budget. All Values (Actual Expense, Budget and Full Year budget) are totaled in the Grand Total. However, Management want to see Full Year Budget only in Grand Total (not under Expenses 1 and Expense 2). I was manually hiding those values. Is there a way to automate this? Thanks ...

User's Mailboxes on same server and domain as CRM
Has anyone found a work around to the limitation that the CRM Exchange Router will only route mail from accounts that do not reside in your domain? In other words, if I use CRM as a helpdesk tool to support employees with in my organization, they can not send mail to helpdesk@mydomain.com and have that message routed to a queue w/ in CRM named helpdesk w/ the email address of helpdesk@mydomain.com -- Chris Meredith I am also interested as we would also like to use CRM as a helpdesk tool to support our employees. Darrell "Chris Meredith, CIO" <chris.meredith@allnettek.co...

OWA Contacts FAX format
I have Ex2003 installed with GoldFax Exchange Gateway installed. Using OWA 2003 when I type a FAX address into the TO: field I can send a FAX just fine. [FAX:george@7145556789] The problem that I am running into is that if I create a contact in OWA and enter [FAX:george@7145556789] as his email address when I save the contact everything to the left of the ":" disappears. So what I would see if I view the contact from contacts or use it to fill in the To: field is george@7145556789], which OWA obviously won't recognize as a legitimate email address. But if I open the conta...

CSVDE user import
Hi Everyone Some suggestions on how I can achive the following please. I need to import the users in my live exchange / AD environment into my LAB environment. I have done an export of my user OU in live using CSVDE which works 100% I try to import this in the LAB using CSVDE -i -f -k c:\filename.csv It gives me the following error: **************************************************** Connecting to "domaincontroller.domain.co.za" Logging in as current user using SSPI Importing directory from file "c:\alluserexport.csv" Loading entries Add error on line 2: Unwilling To Pe...

Delete Fields?
Hi, When I delete a post by buttom code then I see that all fields labeled with "Remove" word instead of being empty (space), I am looking for a suggestion may be a modification in the VB code in MS Access 2007, I do after the removing oparation Me.Refresh code but it still showing "Remove". And when I add DoCmd.Requery code it shows another post which I don't want to see it. May I add "goto" function, in order to go to new empty post? If that is the solution so how may I do that? Thank you. After the delete code's last step, try putting this as the...

Want to find max in a range then return a name from a cell
The spreadsheet has 5 people each person has a list describing thei sales performance. Each has their highest sale, highest over cost sale etc. I have a table with a describtion highest sale, highest over cost sal etc. I want the cell beside each title to calcute who has the highest figur and place their name in this cell. :confused: I have a spreadsheet with lists containing highest sale highest average sale etc. What I want to do is create a formula tha will find the max value within a list please note these values ar spread out and do not run on the spreadsheet side by side or one aft...

Permissions for not allowing users to delete items out of generic mailboxes created for a department...
Hey everyone, Quick question that i'm stumbiling over. I have a manager who wants his group of employees to be able to edit emails within the generic mailbox that we created for their department. However the one thing they DO NOT want certain people to be able to do is delete emails that have come into these boxes. Any ideas on how to put this in place -- I have full access to my ms exchange server however when i attempted to give the groups that i assigned these guys to, and denied them access to Deleting Storage that did not work. Thanks - any ideas would be appriciated...

How can i look into a user's mailbox?
Hello, I'm a Exchange Full Administrator in a single domain testing environment. I've created a user account, mailbox-enabled it, and sent a mail. How can i see the contents of this user's mailbox, without actually logging on with his credentials? Can I look into the user's mailbox with System Manager? Thanks in advance, Mihai http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821897 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Mihai_Admin" <mihaihudea@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1172010845.355156.229850@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hell...

Sharing contact folder for multiple machines?
I have 3 WinXP machines connected to a network via a router. Is there a way to share the contact folder for everyone's Outlook? That way, a contact change need not be done for every machine. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:OWYWuxkAEHA.712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, tiki2k wrote: > I have 3 WinXP machines connected to a network via a router. Is the...