Finding Attachments

Does Outlook 2002 Advanced Find provide a method for
locating an attachment in an e-mail???

regards,
Adrian
0
anonymous (74722)

Yes, you can search for all items with attachments, but you cannot search
for a) specific attachments or b) attachment contents.    To perform this
type of search, simply right click on any Outlook folder, choose Advanced
Find.  In the Advance Find window, select Other Choices, then select "Only
items with: one or more attachments".

--
Hope that helps!!

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Chris Lineback,  MCSE
Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support

- Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.
-This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

"Adrian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does Outlook 2002 Advanced Find provide a method for
> locating an attachment in an e-mail???
>
> regards,
> Adrian

0
ChrisLin (84)

outlook 2002 attachment problem
Hi, A colleague of mine has been complaining about a problem that I initially put down to user error, but am now not so sure: When she e-mails a customer, she will often attach multiple docs and then remove the ones she doesn't need, but for some reason outlook then decides to mess about with the attachments, eg it will send 2 copies of 1 attachment and miss one other. It's an inconsistent problem that I haven't seen but I now have a witness who says it definitely isn't user error! AV is up to date and computer seems clean. Any ideas? ...

IMS Attachment problem exch5.5
Hi, I have an Exchange 5.5 (sp4) on NT 4.0 server (sp6a) I notice that there is a problem with attachment: when I send attachment to internal recipients there are no problem. When I send to internet address the attachment is removed. I turn on the tracking and when I track the message I see that in the passage to the SMTP Queue Outbound message size decreased. in the Message Transfer Out the size is correct, (197K), but in the SMTP Queue Outbound I see that the size is 10K. I have non antivirus software, and no particolar configurations. I try to change the smtp outbound Attachments (outbound)...

Outlook emails, being received with attachment dupe of body text??? HELP!!
This is really odd. Just recently, all my emails coming into Outlook 2002 are being received with an attachment. The attachment is just a txt file that contains a duplication of the text in the body of the message. This happens regardless of who is sending the email. It even happens when I send email to myself. It does not happen if I set up the same email account on Outlook Expess. Any help out there as to what is going on? post here or email to: dianehelen@gmail.com Ahaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Found it all by my self hehe Ran Adaware and it seems to be some kind of spyware/worm culprit This is...

Message attachment size
I have a vbs script that will search through an Exchange 2003 server and find all messages with a given type of file attachment. Is there a way to get the attachment size as well? ...

Find all cells with a number and mulitply
How can I find all cells in a sheet that are a number greater than zero and multiply each one by a number? IE: the number to multiply by is 1.2 A1 Tom A2 25 A3 0 G12 Bob G13 25 I want to programatically (without using a macro) find cells a2 and g13 only and multiply them by 1.2 Thanks in advance for your help. Jim Jim, As long as you don't have any negative numbers, it doesn't matter about being > 0 (0*n=0) or being text. Try this Put 1.2 in a spare cell and then copy it Select all the cells Goto menu Edit>Pastespecial Click the Multiply option OK out Now clear the c...

RTF attachments #3
everytime I get an RTF file as an attachment, I can't open it. how can I disable this? ...

attachment handling in exchange 2003 vs. 5.5
One of our systems generates emails using a java-based program. I have no control over this. It attaches a Word document to the email and sends it to our client's server. Recently they switched from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and a problem has developed. Under 5.5, the word document was listed as an attachment. Under 2003, the word document appears to be embedded in the body of the email and there is no attachment. More about this later in this email. I believe the problem is caused by the Java program setting the Content-Type to "application/octet-stream". 1) Ca...

Find supplies that are not used
Our partner added about 2000 general industry suppliers when they created our database. Problem is, we only use about 200 of them and it makes it difficult having to always go through all these useless suppliers. Is there a query we can run to find/delete suppliers that do not have any products attached to them Cheers Hi Jetspeed, You can run this query to see which suppliers has products (Go SO Admin> Go to File and then Connect to Database > Then click on Query > New) select * from supplier where id in (select supplierid from supplierlist) You can now run the following que...

E-mail attachments grayed out
I'm running Outlook Express with Windows XP, when I receive an e-mail with an attachment the attachment is grayed out were I can't open it. Is this a setting in Outlook Express that needs to be changed or a setting for my Norton Virus system that needs to be changed. I'm running Norton 2003. This can be any type of file that I receive from word to excel to jpeg files. Tools, Options, Security. Uncheck the box that starts with "do not allow attachments..." -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - ...

Same note attached to multiple orders
I have an order note that appears on about 10 different orders. I looked at SOP10100, and all of the orders have the same NOTEINDX value. I also looked at SY03900, and I see that there are several different records that all have the text of the note. What caused this, and how do I fix it? All too often, during the installation of Dynamics GP, the installer does not pay attention to setting the location of the OLE notes. When this happens, different users will pick their own spot for the recording of notes. Lets say 3 different people pick 3 different places for the storage of notes...

Adobe attaching wrong instance of invoice
We have a customer who sends RM statements as PDF files via email. When they generate an invoice and attach it, Adobe is actually attaching a previous pdf file instead of the newly created one. We have had them clear temporary files, which worked but they are only using this option for a few customers and shouldn't have to delete temp files each time they want to use this option. Is there something else we can check? They are using Adobe 7.0 Thank you! ...

outlook 2003 reject .mdb attachment
I use outlook 2003 to get pop3 access from my yahoo email. for security reason, my outlook 2003 reject MS Access file .mdb as attachment when I receive the file. My yahoo mail alows me to download .mdb attachment. How to allow outlook to accept .mdb as attachment as well? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.co...

Problems with opening a few attachments
Hi Everyone I have had a few users experiencing problems with opening attachments in Outlook. When they try and do so, it comes up with a "Can't Open" error message. It is only occurring on a few attachments. I have checked the event log and there doesn't appear to be any issues on the Exchange server (2003). I have checked the hard disks on the server and there a re no issues with them. It is a single server Exchange 2003 environment. I am just wondering what the next course of action to take is. If you could get back to me on this as soon as possible it would be gr...

how do i set up a "send as attachment" shortcut in in a document
I would like to include a "hyperlink button" on an excel document that would enable the viewer to enter data, click on the button, and then have the document sent to an assigned email address as an attachment. Check out Ron's articles on working with worksheets/workbooks in email: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb268022.aspx -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "SB47MASS" wrote: > I would like to include a "hyperlink button" on an excel document that would > enable the viewe...

Outlook 2000 can't find Word (email editor)
Just purchased a new computer with XP Home Edition OS. Also came a trial version of Office 2003. I already had Office Pro 2002 and installed it. I did not uninstall the trial version of 2003 first. The trial version is in an office 11 folder. The older version is in an office 10 folder. When I attempt to send an email through outlook 2000, a message pops up indicating that outlook can't find word so it will use the outlook editor. Can you help? Thanks, Martin I think Windows and Outlook are terribly confused about what's installed where. There is probably some registry...

WMP will not find album information or connecto to Media Guide.
I'm using WMP 11 on Vista. Whenever I right click an album and "find album information" the window pops up and the globe in the top left corner spins but the window remains blank. I try to refresh by clicking the globe but nothing ever loads. It's the same story for using the media guide. Blank white page. I've reset IE, checked the firewall settings (even turning it off for a moment), confirmed all of the settings in WMP but I still can't find any album information. Does anyone have a solution to this issue? In the past I was able to use the ...

Transferring Order with attached POs -- not working
When we attach a PO to an SO and then receive and post it, it doesn't transfer to an invoice. We get a report which says "0 transferred successfully" & "0 errors". I can't figure out what the problem is. Anyone have any thoughts? Ted Is the item being allocated and fulfilled on the order? "Ted Doolittle" wrote: > When we attach a PO to an SO and then receive and post it, it doesn't > transfer to an invoice. We get a report which says "0 transferred > successfully" & "0 errors". I can't figure out what ...

find existence of autotext entries
I'm cleaning up some code from a previous programmer who liked to put "On Error Resume Next" in places where he didnt' know how to test things in lines above code that might crash. For example, there are lines like the following: Selection.InsertAfter "krh" On Error Resume Next Selection.Range.InsertAutoText I really want to take otu the "On Error Resume Next" and replace it with a test to see if the AutoTextEntry exists as follows: Selection.InsertAfter "krh" If <autotext entry("krh")> exists Then Selecti...

remove attachments from ndr
I have setup max size on outgoing message and when a user send a message that exceeds the limit, he gets an ndr but the original message is still attached (there is no way to access it though). So for example if the limit is 4MB and the user sends a 5MB message the ndr message will be 5MB as well. I searched on the Internet and found article 308303 (Option to strip attachments for messages that generate an NDR). I did follow the instructions in this article but it does not work much. Any idea? Thanks. Check your work and verify you followed the steps correctly. Did you restart the ...

Finding Duplicate Entries
Using XP Pro SP2 and Excel XP (2002) Like to know if it is possible find all duplicate entries?. Can not use a starting string because it's unknown having all kinds of possibilities. I text pasted a file directory with paths and filenames, I can have duplicate filenames in different directories, and like to search for duplicate names if possible. The list was entered in delimited based on "\" which will be in it's own column, dependent on how many sub-folders. At this stage, I am interested in only finding duplicate file naming. Not concerned if these files are ide...

Default Word Attachment Opening View
How can I disable the default reading view in Word when opening an attachment? I have a client using Office 2003 with all Win Xp Updates and when opening an attachment the default Word View is the Reading 2 page view. He wants the older std Word print Layout view. Can this be changed? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041122.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

where can i find the attachment tab so it shows continuously
Before upgrading my office pc to Windows 7 i used Office 2007 and emails always had to: cc: bcc: and attachment beside the send button...now i can't find it, anyway have any ideas ...thanks in advance Click on the View button. You'll find BCC there. Also under the View button you can find Toolbars. Make sure you've clicked on Standard and Formatting to enable them. -- Kathleen Orland "Lorraine" <Lorraine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2EADC8D-25D7-4410-9E9A-1ECA4517E02C@microsoft.com... > Before upgrading my office pc to W...

WMP11: Finding tracks that are not in my default location
I have "Add media files to library when played" so I have a proportion of my files outside my main media directory. Is there an easy way to find these files? I can write an OLE program, but I'm feeling lazy. I've just bought a Logitech Squeezebox Duet, and its media server uses a single root directory. It follows shortcuts though, so once I've found the "outlying areas", I can point to them. -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk WMP's Folder view could be useful for this, just click the Folder item...

Can't find Microsoft.Office.Workflow.Tasks' dll
Hi, I am new to sharepoint. We only have WSS 3.0 at work; we don't have MOSS yet. I am trying to work with VS2008 to do workflow (perhaps more later). I installed VS2008 on our server that runs WSS. I was able to start a sharepoint workflow project using the VS2008 template. I did get that first screen you get with the canvas and the "onworkflowactivated" component. When I tried to run the workflow I got messages telling me that the project couldn't find 'Microsoft.Office.Workflow.Tasks' could not be found. I tried including that dll in the using...

Problems with sending PDF file attachment
Employee sending emails from home computer running Outlook 10. When she attaches a .pdf file, somehow the mail is duplicated and sent numerous times until she manually shuts down Outlook. Has anyone else experienced this problem. How does it get fixed? Thanks Duffbeerlvr <duffbeerlvr@yahoo.com> wrote: > Employee sending emails from home computer running Outlook 10. When > she attaches a .pdf file, somehow the mail is duplicated and sent > numerous times until she manually shuts down Outlook. Has anyone else > experienced this problem. How does it get fixed? This can be t...