Find feature does not work with HTML messages (Content-type: text/html)

I have Outlook 2000 SP-3 running under Windows ME. When using the Find
feature to locate all e-mails with a given word in the message, no items are
found if the e-mails are of "text/html" content-type. The Find feature
appears to work for any messages that have URLs embedded and are
"multipart/alternative" or "text/plain" content-type.

I noticed a similar post several months ago (see
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23qSBYIssDHA.2224%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl).

Is there a work-around for this problem, or should this be reported to
Microsoft Product Support?
--
Regards,
Bill