Find and Replace Footnote Numbering

I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the
footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone
know how I can do this in one shot?  I know I can specify ^f in find and
replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in
replace.

number setting for workbook e.g. i want , instead of . in number
I want my excel should display number in US format not i German format. How to change number display setting for whole excel file. Check out Start>Settings>Control Panel> Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options> Regional and Language Options>click 'Customize' button If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Rajesh" wrote: > I want my excel should display number in US format not i German format. > > How to change number display setting for whole excel file. ...

Finding templates and formats
Can you please tell me, where can I find a template or the format of a resignation letter? With much appreciation. Come on Mary...let's see you find a template for this poster :-D DavidF "mandm" <mandm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:724ADDB2-F04E-4AA7-AD35-59BD7CF9ECE7@microsoft.com... > Can you please tell me, where can I find a template or the format of a > resignation letter? With much appreciation. Here's an idea, http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/deadkennedys/takethisjobandshoveit.html -- Ron "DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com>...

Finding a mailbox (Connector) ??
Below is a line I took from our Backup Exec server log. "Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Internet Mail Service (xxxxxx) [internet mail connector (xxxxxx)]MTS-IN Folder00008" I´ve tried everything to find this particular mailbox but failed. I know this is also our connector to the outside and I checked the physical folders where mail are stored but nothing is there. In the administrator tool I cant find it either in hidden or non hidden boxes wich makes it impossible for me to find the faulty email inside. I cant open it in Outlook either since it cant find that particul...

I have to find the sender's email address
I have to find the sender's email address. But oMsg.SenderName -- > Sender Name returns the name. How can I find the email address? Thanks. oMsg.SenderEmailAddress -- Remember, the object browser (F2 in VBA) is your friend. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "win" <wintelreport@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5992e67c-6655-4638-bf58-6ca1d60a52a4@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... >I have to find the sen...

Can Excel 2007 open a numbers file?
Just wondering if there's an add-in that will let Excel open a numbers file, thanks. What is a numbers file? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:17:01 -0800, fnight <fnight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just wondering if there's an add-in that will let Excel open a numbers file, >thanks. fnight - If you're referring to Numbers, part of iWork for Mac computers, I am not aware of such an add-in. The usual workaround is to use Numbers to save the file in a format that Excel can open. The web page http://www.apple.com/iw...

Number cells won't reformat / sort
I'm dealing w/ a spreadsheet composed of cut-and-pasted rows from 2 sources (A and B) both originally exported from Filemaker at different times. When trying to sort the data by a "Record Number" field, the 2 datasets remain split and will not integrate. In other words, instead of the sort result being something like: # Code 1 WEX 3 WAF 4 WAF 6 WEX 7 WAF 9 WEX They look like this: # Code 1 WEX 6 WEX 9 WEX 3 WAF 4 WAF 7 WAF The 2 groups remain separate and sort individually. It gets stranger, though. If I reformat the column to, say, a percent or a currency r...

Number Format #14
Is there a way I can format a number so that significant 0's and a letter are conditional? I currently use: ?0"g" ?0"s" ?0"c" - which formats like so: 100000 = 10g 00s 00c 100010 = 10g 00s 10c 1000 = 0g 10s 00c What I wish to have is a code that formats like so: 101010 = 10g 10s 10c 10000 = 10s 10 = 10c 100010 = 10g 10c Is this possible? -- LoganStallworth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LoganStallworth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27561 View this thre...

Cannot find the specified Microsoft Exchange Server
This is the error we get upon the final install checklist. ? What can cause this? Our Network Admin is pretty confident that all of his settings are fine. We can see the Exchanger Server in the domain. What are we missing? There are no users set up yet on this test Eschange server, but there is a OU setup on the Domain...but no specific user there either.????? ? If we press ahead with an install, we can add Exchange (and the router) later, correct? yes you do not need to specify an exchange server to complete the install. You can always add it later ============================== Jo...

how do i multiply entire columns of numbers by a %
put the percent in a cell somewhere>copy>select the range desired>paste special>multiply -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "stgaw53" <stgaw53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7489B00-8D48-46BF-B208-080A4FB4BE4B@microsoft.com... > ...

How do I set up a number to 1,23,459.00 formatting in excel?
I want to set the custom formatting to the above said format hi, Shiji ! > I want to set the custom formatting to the above said format you will 'see' the leading commas [but]... you may want to give it a try: -> #\,##\,##0.00 [perhaps] a 'better' way: -> [>=100000]#\,##\,##0.00;#,##0.00 hth, hector. ...

Replacing Characters
I have a column (lets say column A) that has values like the following: 15467 12099 2099 1312 What I would like to do is make column B replace the last 2 characters with zeros so that column b looks like the following: 15400 12000 2000 1300 Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! Hi in B1 place =ROUNDDOWN(A1,-2) and copy this down for all rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jenn" <Jenn@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:98032363-0DD8-4C4A-8C18-1C86C6DC2F8C@microsoft.com... > I have a column (lets say column A) that has values like the follow...

Figured out Search/Replace Problem
Thanks, anyway! ...

Additional Phone Number Fields
Outlook newbie... Is it possible to add additional phone number fields to Outlook 2007 contacts? Business and Business 2 already exist but I need Business 3, Business 4, etc. Can that be done. If so, how? Thanks. Peter "PMokover" <PMokover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69883331-CB5F-4BBC-9DD1-9B5A5D60BBF0@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to add additional phone number fields to Outlook 2007 > contacts? Business and Business 2 already exist but I need Business 3, > Business 4, etc. Can that be done. If so, how? You can ...

Re-order Number
Hi IS there anyway you can enter the re-order Number at the Matrix Stage of an Item, instead on every Item individually? If you enter it on the Purchase Order side it doesnt update the Individual item???? H ...

Advanced Find Results Export Failure
Hi all, I am seeing problems exporting results from Advanced Find to Excel. Sometimes, when the user clicks on the Excel icon, the program just seems to hang at a window showing "project_data.aspx to crm" and the transfer icon (showing files flying across from one folder to another), but the action does not get completed. This appears to be pretty random, it works once, but then not the next time, for the same Saved View. Could this be a Security Role related setting? Or is this related to the server? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance. - Smita Thought I'...

summing number of 'y's in a filtered column
Basically I have a spreadsheet which is filtered by column R and I wan to sum the number of 'Y's in column P based only on the visibl filtered table rather than hidden rows. Now I know the subtotal worksheet function will ignore hidden rows however it does not seem to be able to total up the number of 'Y's i the range of cells. The count function would sum up the number of 'y' but it counts the hidden columns as far as I know. Is there some other function which would allow me to sum the number o 'y's ignoring hidden rows -- neowo ---------------------------...

How do I get numbers on a colum to stay as I typed them on an exc.
I created a workbook with information to be used for merging to a letter. I created a heading colum to read "HOURS" and entered the numbers as 1:23. When I merged the files, the information showed at 1:23:00 A.M. How do I correct this on my workbook excel file or on the Word document? I do not want the numbers to be changed to time. Please help!!!!!! There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx Desperate School Secretary...

Advanced Find Gripe 3
When searching in Advanced Find for Accounts, we select the field "Hospital Name" which is our primary account and then the Condition "contains" and then the value "North Hospital". We clicked go we had only one record pull up even though there are hundreds of hospitals with North & Hospital in the hospital names. So we tried putting "North * Hospital" in to the value and we got a lot more. Are there additional wildcards or boolean operators and if so where do we find the information? ...

Dynamic "Numbered List"
How Can I update my numbered list (S.No) after Filtering the list? Like: 1. A 2. B 3. C 4. D After filter..... 1. A 2. B 3. D [C Filtered] Any Idea to get the result. Regards, Murtaza hi, Murtaza ! > ... update my numbered list (S.No) after Filtering the list? > Like: > 1. A > 2. B > 3. C > 4. D > After filter..... > 1. A > 2. B > 3. D [C Filtered] assuming [B2] as the first cell [in filtered-column]... try with subtotal-offset approach [by Laurent Longre] and copy-down... a) array-entered: {ctrl}+...

how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new.
how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new spreadsheet Create a new workbook Change the Normal style (Format>Styles from the menu) to reflect your preferred number format. You can also change font style and size if your prefer. Save the workbook as a template - choosing File>Save As and select Template under the 'Save As Type' dropdown at the bottom, saving it with the name BOOK.XLT in the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart\ If you have an older or newer version, you may not see the Office10 subdirectory, so adjust as appr...

6000 -> 6K. Possible with number formats?
Hi all, Is it possible to set a number format code in cell in such a way that, when say, 6,500 is typed, then 6.5K will be shown? Thanks for your advice in advance. Frederick Chow Hong Kong Format the cell as #,##0.0,K -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Frederick Chow" <PleaseRemoveThishkmusc@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eo4iZS59GHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Is it possible to set a number format code in cell in such a way that, when > say, 6,500 is typed, then 6.5K will be shown?...

Where do I find "save as..." in MS Office 2007 ?
Sorry, but I did not found "save as..." menu in Office 2007. I only found in the upper left corner a flopy icon which represent a "save" but not a "save as...." So where is "save as..." (with files selction dialog) hidden in Office 2007? Camille Click the Office button (the round "pizza icon" in the upper left corner of the screen) and then click Save As. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Camille Petersen" <cpet_magnus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4baf94cc$0$6768$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-onlin...

How to increase number of columns appear in a worksheet?
You only get 256 columns with any released version of excel. Dhinesh wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Finding Oracle Database
Hello, I want to link Oracles tables to an Access DB but can't see them from a workstation. I can see folders on the server but the Oracle tables on a D:\ Drive. I can only see them if I logon to the server or through Remote Desktop. The Server is \\ASams3 The Files are on D:\FamousDB\Database I can login as Admin on the server. Is there a special syntax or does the server need to be configured to allow this? I need to set up a DSN. Thank you for you help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Links need to be established through oracle db engine running on server...

number to name
I want to do my schedule with Excell, and I was wondering if it's possible to type a number and get a name instead... for example if on the 3rd of february, Mark is working, and that I associate the number 1 to Mark. is there a way that if I type "1" under the 3rd of february, that converts it directly to Mark? thanks Gaetan Bart, Using event code you can do it Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("B2:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target ...