Filters, Can't Find Exception List In Rules

I'm trying to set up my filters for junk mail. I want
junk mail with certain words in the subject sent to
deleted folder. I found the filters.txt file and some of
the words are already there. So apparently the filter
isn't working. I tried to follow the directions on how to
turn them on and they said to choose the exceptions entry
in the rules wizard but I have no such choice. I know how
to edit the filters.txt file but Outlook is not using it.
Can anyone help?
0
anonymous (74722)

The Filters.txt file isn't actively used by Outlook -- it's really just a
"readme" type file to show you the kinds of words and phrases Outlook looks
for to determine what is junk.  You might want to take a look at
http://www.slipstick.com/rules/junkmail.htm for some help with setting up
rules that should help you catch much of the junk.  Beyond that, though, if
you're using Outlook 2002 or earlier, your best bet might be to invest in a
good anti-spam program like IHateSpam or MailWasher.  Outlook 2003 has much
improved junk mail filtering capabilities, so you might want to consider
upgrading if you can.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In news:0c0b01c39fc5$6b220070$a401280a@phx.gbl,
Bev wrote:

> I'm trying to set up my filters for junk mail. I want
> junk mail with certain words in the subject sent to
> deleted folder. I found the filters.txt file and some of
> the words are already there. So apparently the filter
> isn't working. I tried to follow the directions on how to
> turn them on and they said to choose the exceptions entry
> in the rules wizard but I have no such choice. I know how
> to edit the filters.txt file but Outlook is not using it.
> Can anyone help?

if(find..) problem
I used a formula like =IF(FIND("TELUS",D234)>0,C234,0) this works fine as long as the word TELUS is in cell D234 but gives #value! error otherwise. I would have expected 0. What should I have done instead? Try =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("TELUS",D234)),C234,0) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "gs" <gs@dontMail.telus> wrote in message news:O9ZBkB%23KHHA.4848@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I used a formula like > =IF(FIND("TELUS",D234)>0,C234,0) > t...

Have you had a problem with Auto Filter freezing?
I'm currently using Excel 2003. Numerous times when using the Auto Filter feature the filters will stop working. The tabs remain at the top of the column but do not function, actually freezing in a filtered position. By removing the Auto Filter and reapplying it I can get all the data to all the display and sometimes by reapplying Auto Filter the function will work. This is not always the case. Has anyone encountered this and how did you fix it? Thanks. I don't recall ever seeing this in xl2003, but I've seen it other versions. The only solution I've found is wha...

Problem with Messages to Contact Objects in Distribuition Lists
Recently our sister company started complaining that they were not receiving some messages from our company. On our exchange 2003 server we have their mail address entered on our server as Contact Objects. When we select those Contact object names from the address book they get delivered fine. If we select a distribuition list that has Contact objects for the sister comapny as members they do not receive them, yet any local accounts in that same list do get delivered. I added my BellSouth as a Contact and added to the same list and sent a test and my BellSouth account got the message ...

How do i find the first value every month
I have a table with a new value every hour: Date Time Value 2005-01-01 00:00:00 1 2005-01-01 01:00:01 4 .. . . .. . . .. . . 2005-01-02 00:00:00 34 .. . . .. . . 2005-02-01 00:00:00 145 etc.. The only rows i need from this table is the first value every month (date, time and value), but I how do I do? (timestamp can differ a couple of seconds every our) Use VLOOKUP() Your data looks like it is sorted by date and time already. VLOOKUP will find the very first record of any date (in your case, the first day of each ...

Service rule problem
When you create a service you have to create a rule where you select what number of ressources should be selected. The options is any number between 1-XX or ALL. I am missing a value ANY. As it is now it isn't possible to book fx to independant resources. I have a case where we don't know how many resources a customer want to book, but as it is know we must know the number otherwise we get the error - The Service capacity is overruled. Please change this BUG! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. ...

ndislwf monitoring filter preventing network connectivity
Hi, I've modified the ndislwf to be a monitoring filter that binds below at the native 802.11 layer (below native wifi) at the "custom" level in Windows Vista. The sample works great, but the problem is whenever I install the driver it prevents network connectivity. I'm NOT putting it into monitor mode or some such where it can't sustain active connections, nor have I changed anything in ndislwf that, as far as I know, would cause this (it's still a "pass through" filter). When I do an "ipconfig /all" in a command window after it has be...

problems with offline list
When I press F9 in Outlook 2003 i have this error. ( 0X8004010F). Who can i fix it? ...

How do I create a simple drop down box/List
I need to create a simple drop down box in excel to choose from a list of vendors. I can't remember how to do it. For a tutorial, see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I need to create a simple drop down box in excel to choose from a list of >vendors. I can't remember how to do it. >. > ...

advanced find for parent customer
I am trying to structure the following as a query in advanced find. A contact may introduce clients to the company. If they do, then the client they introduce has the introducer as it’s parent customer. I want to create a list of contacts who have introduced others who have open opportunities Eg X introduces Y For contact Y, parent customer = X Contact Y also has an open opportunity The query should return X -- Lorraine Quigley ------=_NextPart_0001_66726B61 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <LorraineQuigley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am try...

List Item Positioning
Hi, In a List view control having the style LVS_REPORT, i need to insert the required spacing between the list items. How to do this? In MSDN, different methods have been given for List view control having the style LVS_ICON and LVS_SMALLICON, but not for LVS_REPORT. Please suggest any method u know. -dgs What required spacing? The last time I used a list control in report mode, there was no spacing issue at all to address. You get a set of lines with columns. I've never done any form of spacing managment here. What do you mean by "required spacing"? joe On Wed, 16...

Outlook rules #32
I am running Outlook 2002 in Office XP. I have about 20 rules to control my mail and I tend to get errors on half of them. This causes my In Box to fill up with non-essential email that I want to read but is of secondary importance to other things. How do I correct this? LV You'll need to explain a bit more to get help here: version and platform of Outlook what errors do you get? Thanks. Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia www.acorntraining.com.au When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlo...

Find a value inside a range of cells
Key words: Key word Category Code ACCIDENT 1 ACCOUNT 2 ACCREDITATION 3 ADMISSION 4 AGREEMENT 5 ALARM 6 ANNUAL 7 APPLICATION 8 APPRAISAL 9 ARREST 10 -------------------------------- NMAC DocumentType Category 1.15.3.101 NON-RECORD MATERIALS 1.15.3.102 SUBJECT FILES 1.15.3.103 PRIMARY MISSION RECORDS 1.15.3.104 AGENCY ORGANIZATIONAL CHARTS 1.15.3.105 ADMINISTRATIVE RULES 1.15.3.106 ADMINISTRATIVE FILES (EXECUTIVE LEVELS) 1.15.3.107 ADMINISTRATIVE REFERENCE FILES (NON-EXECUTIVE LEVELS) 1.15.3.108 ADMINISTRATIVE CORRESPONDENCE FILES (EXECUTIVE LEVELS) 1.15.3.109 GENERAL...

Finding Multiple Queries
Can anyone tell me an easy way to figure out if queries are present within a particular worksheet. For example I have a very large excel sheet with multiple sets of data within the same sheet. I want to know if any of that data was created via a query and if so how many different queries exist within that sheet. I know that by trial and error if I clcik on a random cell, that happens to be within a query range, I will see the Data/Get External Data/Edit Query option able to be selected. But that is just trial and error. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Messag...

Error Message When Executing a View
In Access 2007, when I set up a View to query some fields and then delete some of the fields from the query I get an error message. For example, I set up a View in Access 2007 to return columns X, Y and Z, as shown below: SELECT col_X, col_Y, col_Z FROM dbo.Sales I then successfully executed the query. I then removed columns X and Y from the View so that the query would only return Z as shown below: SELECT col_Z FROM dbo.Sales When I executed the View, I got a Microsoft Access error message that said "Cannot find column 'X'". So, I addedd co...

out of office exceptions
Probably really simple but... Is there a simple way to forward all incoming mail, that doesnt have a specific word in the subject, using the out of office assistant. Mark ...

Removing access to Task Lists in Great Plains
I have used Adv Security to remove all access for a user other than Purchase Order type access. I have removed all smart list except for PO. However, when the user logs in they still have access to the following: Setup > System > Business Alerts (even though not marked under dictionary > GP > System) Integrate > Run Integration Cards > Financial > Budgets (never should have access) Inventory Task Lists Purchasing Task Lists - should only have POP but show All Purchasing and All Payables Project Task LIsts How can I remove these from this user to "secure&quo...

Outlook 2003 spam filter not working
I'm upgrading our Outlook 2002 clients with Outlook 2003. We're running against Exchange 5.5. We'll be upgrading to Exchange 2003 later this year but for now I'm interested in having Outlook 2003 do some spam filtering. I've installed Outlook 2003 (including updates and latest spam filter from MS) on a production machine where it replaced Outlook 2002. I've set the filter to High and enabled cache mode, but every morning my inbox contains mucho spam messages and not a single one has been added to my Junk Email folder. It appears that it's not catching even a singl...

Filter for anyone not in my address book
Outlook 2002 How can i create a filter to send email from anyone NOT in my address book to the trash? I can do this in OE6. -- Replace TWO with 2 to reply ...

Pivot Table Filter Error
When I filter data in my pivot table in Excel 2007, it is splitting up the same data. For instance, if there are numbers describing a job poisition the filter is splitting the people who are in group 12. instead of showing me 25 people in group 12 it is showing two groups of 12's and splitting them up as 23 and 2, instead of one group of 25. I formatted the column as all numbers and that didn't work. Any other suggestions? ...

Problem copying Filter made from ComboBox
A2K My code copies the Filter property from one form, to apply to a Report. The idea is that user filters the records in the form, then hits the Report button to get a report of those records. It works fine, except when the user filters on one of the fields that is a combo box. What happens, is that a parameter dialog pops-up asking for something like: Lookup_cboName.Name when really it needs the NameID Nothing typed in the parameter dialog box seems to work. Can the Filter be copied and used correctly in the Report when the user filters directly on the form? from a combobox? -Brad ...

Big Problem for me! Formula to find matched numbers
Hi! I have a named cell -> combo_chk (cell J3) This combo_chk changes because of FOR..NEXT from code but the style i always like this : 4,5,12,40,45 I have 5 columns with values in the rows A B C D E 1 12 40 41 45 5 6 10 11 40 I want to find if the 1 on column A is including in the combo_chk then if the 12 on column B is including in the combo_chk e.t.c. If it is found return '1' otherwise return '0'. Im using the above formula in a code which it passes to the cell "=IF(ISERROR(FIND(C4,ComboChk)),0,1)" But the problem is that it isnt findind the exac...

filtering multiple columns with ranges
using xls2002 - i have 4 columns of data- the first column has an account # - there may be several records with the same account # - I need to compare the number of records with the same account # and compare the data in the other 3 columns - for only those records wiht the same account # - I would like to write a formula that asks the queston - give me all Acct#s that have less than 4 ( or x number) different records, with all LPDate = 00/00/0000 & all for those records Dlisted date > 01/10/2002 & all balances less than 150 - I just can't get my hands around the formula to ch...

Finding Favorites on Vista
Hi... I recently purchased as laptop and had a professional, who I can no longer reach, as he is on the other side of the country, transfer my favorites list from old to new computer. Now, when I launch IE 7 (?) it tells me that my favorites are in a path that is not available. I also have mozilla Firefox and its Bookmarks are working fine. How can I find and/or change or re-link my IE favorites file. When I try to add new links to my favorites with IE they disappear and become inaccessible too. How can I create a proper path to put my favorites in. On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 08:...

Modify data at the application level list view w/o opening indv re
This suggestion is for functionality to modify account or contact field information from the List View at the Application Level. In other words, users would like to modify fields on this screen, without actually opening any single record in another window. A similar functionality would be like modifying song information in iTunes, where you can change any field info by clicking on that field twice, or even something like the Advanced Find window where hovering the mouse over a field will allow the option to change the field value. Many of our users and clients think this would be an e...

Large list of numbers to concatenate
I have a list of 600+ zip codes that are curently in individual cells. I need to turn them into one list separated by commas. Is this possible? The best solution I can think of is =concatenate(A1, ", ",B1) However, is there a way to automate this instead of individually typing this in for all 600+ cells? Thanks! Based on your zips in a row Sub makestring() mr = 1 lc = Cells(mr, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column For i = 1 To lc mys = mys & "," & Cells(mr, i) Next i MsgBox Right(mys, Len(mys) - 1) End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP ...