Filter to specify which account is used according to email address?

I use outlook for work and personal email but i use two different
accounts to send/recive email. I have run into the problem of
sometimes mistakenly using my personal account to send work emails.

So my question is:

Is it possible to specify that addresses that meet a certain criteria
be send using a certain account. Say an email to Bob@amarc.mil will be
sent using my gmail account whereas a email to Jane@moog.gov will be
sent using a yahoo account?

Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated!

Cheers

-Gaiko

And my question is, what version of Outlook are you using?  The answer =
is totally dependent on the version which you left out.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, Gaikokujin Kyofusho asked:

| I use outlook for work and personal email but i use two different
| accounts to send/recive email. I have run into the problem of
| sometimes mistakenly using my personal account to send work emails.
|=20
| So my question is:
|=20
| Is it possible to specify that addresses that meet a certain criteria
| be send using a certain account. Say an email to Bob@amarc.mil will be
| sent using my gmail account whereas a email to Jane@moog.gov will be
| sent using a yahoo account?
|=20
| Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated!
|=20
| Cheers
|=20
| -Gaiko
0
Milly
3/30/2008 10:51:55 AM
No, you can't control which accts are used for new messages. The acct that
received the mail should be used to send replies by default.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"Gaikokujin Kyofusho" <gaikokujinkyofusho@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I use outlook for work and personal email but i use two different
> accounts to send/recive email. I have run into the problem of
> sometimes mistakenly using my personal account to send work emails.
>
> So my question is:
>
> Is it possible to specify that addresses that meet a certain criteria
> be send using a certain account. Say an email to Bob@amarc.mil will be
> sent using my gmail account whereas a email to Jane@moog.gov will be
> sent using a yahoo account?
>
> Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated!
>
> Cheers
>
> -Gaiko

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
3/31/2008 12:39:01 AM
Doh, i guess that would have been helpful. sorry. I am using Outlook
2003 and if it helps i am running XP Pro SP2

Cheers

-Gaiko

On Mar 31, 4:39=A0am, "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlook...@msn.net> wrote:
> No, you can't control which accts are used for new messages. The acct that=

> received the mail should be used to send replies by default.

Hmmmm, well having it automatically reply using the address an email
was sent to seems to be working fine but I was hoping that for new
emails outlook could somehow refer to the address book with certain
criteria or a filter using certain criteria and send the email
accordingly.

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
> when requesting assistance **
>
> "Gaikokujin Kyofusho" <gaikokujinkyofu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I use outlook for work and personal email but i use two different
> > accounts to send/recive email. I have run into the problem of
> > sometimes mistakenly using my personal account to send work emails.
>
> > So my question is:
>
> > Is it possible to specify that addresses that meet a certain criteria
> > be send using a certain account. Say an email to B...@amarc.mil will be
> > sent using my gmail account whereas a email to J...@moog.gov will be
> > sent using a yahoo account?
>
> > Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated!
>
> > Cheers
>
> > -Gaiko

unfortunately not in the currently available versions. The version that is
currently in development might offer it as it's a frequent request but we'll
have to wait a couple of years to find out.

--

> On Mar 31, 4:39 am, "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" <outlook...@msn.net> wrote:
>> No, you can't control which accts are used for new messages. The acct
>> that
>> received the mail should be used to send replies by default.
>
> Hmmmm, well having it automatically reply using the address an email
> was sent to seems to be working fine but I was hoping that for new
> emails outlook could somehow refer to the address book with certain
> criteria or a filter using certain criteria and send the email
> accordingly.
>

>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>>
>> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
>> when requesting assistance **
>>
>> "Gaikokujin Kyofusho" <gaikokujinkyofu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > I use outlook for work and personal email but i use two different
>> > accounts to send/recive email. I have run into the problem of
>> > sometimes mistakenly using my personal account to send work emails.
>>
>> > So my question is:
>>
>> > Is it possible to specify that addresses that meet a certain criteria
>> > be send using a certain account. Say an email to B...@amarc.mil will be
>> > sent using my gmail account whereas a email to J...@moog.gov will be
>> > sent using a yahoo account?
>>
>> > Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated!
>>
>> > Cheers
>>
>> > -Gaiko

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
3/31/2008 5:35:01 PM
Dear Gaiko,
you can realize the abovementioned situation.
There is a component Messages Autofill
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/toolbox/message_autofill.html of the MS
Outlook add-in MAPILab Toolbox http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/toolbox/. The
component is able to automatically fill in To: From: CC: and BCC: fields of
an outgoing message.
For example, you can create two folders for your private and business
messages. A rule should be created in Message Autofill to fill in the From:
field with your private email address when you reply to  messages in your
private mail folder and a second rule - to fill in with your business email
address when you reply from business message folder.
_________________
Eugene Grischenko
MAPILab Support
http://www.mapilab.com

"Gaikokujin Kyofusho" <gaikokujinkyofusho@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I use outlook for work and personal email but i use two different
> accounts to send/recive email. I have run into the problem of
> sometimes mistakenly using my personal account to send work emails.
>
> So my question is:
>
> Is it possible to specify that addresses that meet a certain criteria
> be send using a certain account. Say an email to Bob@amarc.mil will be
> sent using my gmail account whereas a email to Jane@moog.gov will be
> sent using a yahoo account?
>
> Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated!
>
> Cheers
>
> -Gaiko

Watch Accounts
I've set up a watch account to use as a model for an investing strategy I'd like to try. In doing so, I want to be able to track theoretical purchases and sales of individual stocks. I want to track sales and realized gains on my Account Summary window, so I've customized my view to do that. After entering a purchase, the stock shows up just fine on my account summary, but after I sell all shares, it no longer shows up so I'm not able to track realized gains. How can I get Money to continue to display the stocks I no longer "own" in my watch account? a w...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Converting Opportunity to Account

OLK 2k7

Setting up a new e-mail account

Phone Number Filtering

Archiving Projects in Project Accounting
Has anyone found a way to archive closed projects? Thanks. ...

Sending Email #6

Filters in Excel 2003

Use exchange from a trusted domain

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Using INDIRECT within functions

Outllok 2003 reply with wrong account
Howdy - I have Outlook 2003. For some reason my new pc has started doing the same thing as my previous one. I have 5 email accounts. When a person sends me an email to my default account and I reply, it comes from another account. In theory (and it did until the last couple of days) it should come from the account I received the email in.... I change the smtp settings on the accounts as I travel a lot, but other than that I haven't changed anything that I know of to cause this - anyone had the same problem, or better yet - know how to fixt it???!!! Thanks in advance Ron ...