File sizes

When sending large (file)size pictures I notice that Outlook splits the
E-Mail into a number of seperate pieces. They are then sent seperately and
then Outlook puts them back together at the other end.

Does anybody know what's the maximum size is before they are split up? I'm
asking as there are often long gaps before the first and last piece is
recieved at the other end.

Thank you.

I believe this is a user defined option.  (Look on the advanced tab of your
POP3 account setup)

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to recent events in spam and malicious programs, all e-mails sent to

"The British Buddha" <Lawrence.Gardiner@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> When sending large (file)size pictures I notice that Outlook splits the
> E-Mail into a number of seperate pieces. They are then sent seperately and
> then Outlook puts them back together at the other end.
>
> Does anybody know what's the maximum size is before they are split up? I'm
> asking as there are often long gaps before the first and last piece is
> recieved at the other end.
>
> Thank you.

0
neoheart (690)
2/8/2004 6:19:14 PM
thank you

"neo [mvp outlook]" <neoheart@remove-heart.mvps.org> wrote in message
> I believe this is a user defined option.  (Look on the advanced tab of
your
> POP3 account setup)
>
> --
> Neo [MVP Outlook]
> Due to recent events in spam and malicious programs, all e-mails sent to
> this account will be deleted w/out reading.
>

> "The British Buddha" <Lawrence.Gardiner@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > When sending large (file)size pictures I notice that Outlook splits the
> > E-Mail into a number of seperate pieces. They are then sent seperately
and
> > then Outlook puts them back together at the other end.
> >
> > Does anybody know what's the maximum size is before they are split up?
I'm
> > asking as there are often long gaps before the first and last piece is
> > recieved at the other end.
> >
> > Thank you.

Creating a Macro to Compact all .pst files
Can someone point me to an example of a macro that would: Go through all open .pst files (I have about 20 pst files) Empty the trash in each .pst file Compact each .pst file I'm using Outlook XP on Windows XP Pro SP1. Outlook XP allegedly compacts automagically, though I have yet to observe it doing so. In any case, help on writing such a macro would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Compacting a PST file is not something you can control from code. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder ...

File not getting deleted.
Hi, In my application I am downloading a files with the help curllib library. After downloading I am calculating the MD5 of for the file and checking it with MD5 I am having if that is not getting matchaed then I am deleting the file. Now I am facing a problem that, with certain files when downloaded and MD5 is not getting matched they are not getting deleted. after download I am closing the file with fclose() (it returns success in all the cases) and then deleting with SHFileOperation() api. With cases where file is not getting deleted my observation was fclose() was taking 5-6 second...

Large excel file size for unknow reasons
We have an excel file which has become of size 2.5MB and it has no graphics in it - cells with text and data only. Also, we tried cut the sheet and copying it on a new excel sheet and paste process will never finish and we find CPU utilization has gone to 100%. Any suggestions/thoughts on what may be wrong? Thanks for your help ....gurmeet Have you tried deleting all empty columns and rows. I find this usually helps >-----Original Message----- >We have an excel file which has become of size 2.5MB and >it has no graphics in it - cells with text and data only. >Also, w...

File recovery from C Drive
Here Is A Scenario: I upload a Word or Excel document to my PC from a USB (Pen) Drive & open but do not modify the document I then close Word / Excel and remove the USB Due to utter, utter stupidity, the USB is then lost or destroyed Can I recover the document I opened on my PC via the C: Drive or is it lost forever? If I can't fully recover the document, what traces remain? ...

Uploading Safepay files to bank
Hello, we're thinking of implementing safepay. what are the options in GP to upload a safepay file to the bank? Does GP do this automatically? Do you need to buy a 3rd party product? And if so, which is recommended? Thanks JPP ...

editing files from different versions of Publisher
does anyone know how to open and edit files from different versions of Publisher?? thanks ...

Can't open file
Hi all. We are having a problem with a site using Outlook 2003 SP2 and Windows XP SP2 when they drop an email onto the desktop the subsequent .msg can only be opened once. If you open the .msg file again you get the error message "Can't open file: c:\Desktop....\xxxx.msg. The file may not exist, you may not have permissions to open it, or it may be open in another program" Well, it's not a permissions issue and the file does exists so it only leaves something holding it open. It's like Outlook is not releasing the file when you close the email display screen. ...

Cen an Excel file be set up to no longer open after a certain date????
Any help would be very much appreciated. Is there a way to set up an excel file to not open after a certain date or after a certain amount of time? Thank you in advance!! Lou Blah wrote: > Any help would be very much appreciated. > > Is there a way to set up an excel file to not open after a certain > date or after a certain amount of time? > > Thank you in advance!! > > Lou This could be done with a VBA Macro but you would have to take security measures to keep the user from tampering with the code. Maybe even incoporate code that deletes all of the data includ...

Opening large .csv files (over 65,536 lines) with Excel
Hey guys, First my apologies if this has been answered sometime before, but this is a VERY large newsgroup. I have some large .csv files that don't load completely into Excel because they are over 65,536 lines. Is there a way to split the file up, or another program/plugin that will let me view the whole file at once? Thanks in advance, Albinus. Well the classic answers are: -Use Access. -Chop the file up into smaller files with a text editor. -Use a macro. Here's MS's macro. I've never tested it; it might be pretty slow. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

Why doesn't the spreadsheet file open.
Excel2000 on WinXP home SP2. When opening an xls file nothing happens. Only when I look at Show-Window (in the standard toolbar) the file is shown. When I here choose the file it will open correctly. How can I make it open in first go? The spreadsheet file contains macros and links to other spreadsheets, but has worked fine for several months. Computer is protected and updated both with antivirus and firewall. Even tried to reinstall office - but in vain. Help, anybody? It's possible that you simply need to use window/arrange, then click Tiled, and Windows of active worksheet...

how ,programatically we can open a file dialog box
hi How,programmatically,we can open a file dialog box. My probs is 1. On click of some menu ,I want to open dialog box ,which contains all files. 2. I want to open file dialog box ,which contains file without any extenstion. Arbind hi, Arbind wrote: > hi > > How,programmatically,we can open a file dialog box. > > My probs is > > 1. On click of some menu ,I want to open dialog box ,which contains all > files. > > 2. I want to open file dialog box ,which contains file without any > extenstion. > > Arbind > > You c...

Opening *.pub file on CD
I've saved a large Publisher file with linked images to CD, but when I try to open it from the CD, it either hangs up the system, or Publisher is hanging up, and I need to shut the system off to reboot and recover. If I recall correctly, it is either Publisher 2000 or 2001. If I copy that file from the CD to the HD, it loads fine. Am I doing something wrong, and if so, what? Also, is there a way to change the path to linked images manually, without physically moving the image itself, then using the "change link" feature, which appears to want to browse to the new location? Tha...

Outlook 2003 "synchronizing files"
I am trying to advise by email someone who uses Outlook 2003, who is complaining about an icon that appears with the message "synchronizing files" which slows down sending and receiving. All the info I can find related to this is to do with using an Exchange Server. This person is using POP3/SMTP. Any ideas? ...

linking files #2
I hope I can explain this. I have a chum who is wanting to have a central file that links to daughter files edited by lab workers. The problem he is encountering is that the cell references are not locked in with $A$1 formats. So when the daughter files are edited, rows inserted, without the central file being open.. things go to pot. Is there an easy / correct way of creating links of complete rows without doing it on a cell by cell basis? or is this approach just completely wrong and we should start again using a different method. Many thanks for your time Andrew J Newport Fife I th...

Exmerge generating HUGE log files
Hello, I'm running Exmerge on a couple systems as a brick-level backup of the private information store. Occasionally, when the network connection between the Exchange server and the file server that contains the PST files gets disrupted, Exmerge will continue to run and generate HUGE log files (in excess of 20Gb) for each thread that got disrupted. I have logging set to 0 in the .ini file. How can logging be TRULY turned off, since it's obviously doing something stupid here? Thanks, Ty Isnt "1" the minimum setting in the Exmerge.ini file? On Sat, 15 May 2004 15:5...

Downloading Additional program files for Money 2006
I have had to re-download Money 2006 Deluxe to my laptop and said OK to download the additional program files necessary so that I can use Budget and other features. The download is not happening, I have re-booted several times, changed the date back to 2006. What else can I do? I am so frustrated at this point. In microsoft.public.money, Steph wrote: >I have had to re-download Money 2006 Deluxe to my laptop and said OK to >download the additional program files necessary so that I can use Budget and >other features. The download is not happening, I have re-booted several &g...

How do I insert the date the file was saved in the MS Excel foote.
I am trying to display the date the file was last saved in the footer field. the defualt date code displays the date the file was printed. I would appreciate any help with this. Hi kacate Try http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Saved -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "kacate" <kacate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F65885A-DC2D-4515-A0D2-5E39B7905FCF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to display the date the file was last saved in the footer field. > the defualt date code displays the date the file was printed. I would > apprec...

Insert a reference table and have different size cells
I have a weekly job report I fill out where I record what jobs each employee has been working on for that day. I would like to add another table to the worksheet where I would be able to see a list of jobs to perform. Then I could record where some one worked and what he did. The problem is I need to make the cells in the second table smaller. Any one know how I can do this? ...

Fragment Files
Hello Everyone, My name is Rohan Sewgobind. I recently attended the Excel User conference in Atlantic City and would like to take a moment to thank all of the presenters for their useful tips and examples. Now the question I work for Weill Cornell Physician Organization where we rely heavily of pdf files that we create by printing excel files using Adobe PDF Writer. Is there a way to stop the creation of the 0kb fragment files? Thanks in Advance, Rohan Sewgobind -- RohanSewgobind ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RohanSewgobind's Profile: h...

SDI App File | Open twice
I noticed a problem in the app that I'm writing - I can open a document and CMyDocument::Serialize get's called. But if I try to reload the same document while it is already loaded, I can't get the framework to call Serialize the 2nd and subsequent times. What I'm trying to do is make it possible for the user to be able to revert to their original settings by reloading the file. But apparently there's some problem with trying to load a file that is already loaded. It seems like closing the file (with modified flag turned off first) then reopening it should solve the pro...

Opening text file using Excel
When I choose Microsoft Excel Program to open a text file I get thi error "This file does not have a program associated with it fo performing this action. Create an association in the Folder option Control Panel" I used to open it few days back But I don't know what happened :-( al of a sudden it stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled O2k Pr with SP1 & SP3 still not working. Can someone help me out on this one. Thanks Addian -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi If you right-click on the file, you should get an 'Open with . . ' option. Cli...

DoCmd.TransferText Import file Structure
Hello, I have a imported file from another application where one field is a date. Using DoCmd.TransferText, the structure and the data of a temptable is created. The temptable has to be delete (data + structure) for each import because its structure can changed following the import options. Here is the problem : A field date is created but if I use a english version of Windows, then the date is not correct anymore (i m using a french version of windows) I would like to change the format of the date in the temptable one it's created. How can I do it using SQL or VBA? Thanks you need ...

files too big
I continually have the problem of sending finished files. They are simply way too big. I have office 2000. I believe 2003 has save as options like: jpg and png. Is there any download I can get to solve this problem, or another route to take? Thank you Scotty After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Scotty <scott@mftfence.com>... > I continually have the problem of sending finished files. > They are simply way too big. I have office 2000. I > believe 2003 has save as options like: jpg and png. Is > there any download I can get...

excel file deleted. Now howdo you delete file NAME
I deleted an excel file I had typed. Now I can't figure out how to delete the file name. It still shows up when you click on open to see the files. You can still open this but there is nothing there. Need to delete FILE NAME you can configure to show 0 files or open n files until disapear the deleted file. "NANMAC" wrote: > I deleted an excel file I had typed. Now I can't figure out how to delete > the file name. It still shows up when you click on open to see the files. > You can still open this but there is nothing there. Need to delete FILE NAME ...

Why do non-default pst files update?
I have two pst files the default is 52MB and the other 45M. I only use the default so why is the other file have the same update date? Beemer In article <MPG.1a8d87a22dd282fd9896bc@news.microsoft.com>, Beemer@nowhere.com says... > I have two pst files the default is 52MB and the other 45M. I only > use the default so why is the other file have the same update date? > > Beemer > post cancelled - I read the file dates incorrectly Beemer ...