File size limitations of .pst file?

Is there a limitation within Outlook as to how large
a .pst file can be? Has anyone found problems once the
file achieves a certain size?
0
anonymous (74722)

I have read that a file size greater than 2 gig will cause
problems. My problems begin around 1.5 gig. Yes I have
plenty of room on my computer

0
anonymous (74722)
8/26/2004 12:45:13 PM
For pre OL2003, using 2003 format, the limit is 2gb, however problems can
occur if greater than 1.6gb
You can endup with a completely corrupt/unusable pst

"tommy wildfire" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a limitation within Outlook as to how large
> a .pst file can be? Has anyone found problems once the
> file achieves a certain size?

0
dl6256 (276)
8/26/2004 12:59:35 PM
Yes we have a problem now in that every time you open up
Outlook after a few seconds it closes itself down.  This
apparently maybe due to reaching a size limit.  Having
looked on Microsoft the size limit is 2GB and our .pst is
nowhere near that big so I'm not sure.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/26/2004 3:18:12 PM

wrote in message
>> Is there a limitation within Outlook as to how large
>> a .pst file can be? Has anyone found problems once the
>> file achieves a certain size?
>

>.
>definately a problem...do not let it get so big. Best
practice is to break them up by year or even bi-annual.
my bosses .pst bombed at 1.5 GB. I used a utility to
recover it but it renames folders and not everything was
recovered. Mostly the oldest emails were lost.

Be careful
Angela
0
anonymous (74722)
8/26/2004 5:17:47 PM
DL <dl@spoofmail.nothere> wrote:

> For pre OL2003, using 2003 format, the limit is 2gb,

Pre-OL2003 can't use 2003 format.
--
Brian Tillman
0

> DL <dl@spoofmail.nothere> wrote:
>
> > For pre OL2003, using 2003 format, the limit is 2gb,
>
> Pre-OL2003 can't use 2003 format.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
dl6256 (276)
8/27/2004 3:42:56 PM
So how big is it?

> Yes we have a problem now in that every time you open up
> Outlook after a few seconds it closes itself down.  This
> apparently maybe due to reaching a size limit.  Having
> looked on Microsoft the size limit is 2GB and our .pst is
> nowhere near that big so I'm not sure.

0
dl6256 (276)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

Override Limit
Customer credit limit override approval workflow Hello all, Just wondering if/where we can have the override credit limit just in effect on either the Order or Invoice and not both. TY No, the concept is that when you clear a credit hold on an order the customer must have paid their bill our you increased their credit, which would allow it to move forward as an invoice, unless, of course, they over charged and under paid again. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our...

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Font Sizing
I am visually impaired. I would like to increase font size in the IN-box window where the From: Subject: and Received: columns are listed. I have been able to increase font size to read the body of the e-mail and can compose e-mail with larger font - just would like to increase font size for the incoming message headers. Please write to me at: johnw@winserv.com if you can help. thank you in advance. John Depending on your version of Outlook, View->Current View->Customize Current View->Other Settings. You can customize the Fonts from there. --� Milly Staples [MVP...

opening .pst archives

Public Folder link to Excel File

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Renaming Partial File Names

printing imported gif files in Excel

unknown .edb file

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Function to determine Directory Size
I'd like to be able to determine the size of a directory or group of files. Does anyone know of an add-in that has a function whereby I can specify a path and get the size of directory of groups of files as the return value? Ex: =dirsize("C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\My Documents\School") =dirsize("C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\My Documents\School\*.doc") It would also be helpful if there were an option to include subdirectories. -- Thanks, Bob Chmara Argh.... Make that "get the size of a directory or group of files" Bob "Bob Chmara" fatfing...

Disable Scanmail & Typical VM Largest Block Size
This is how to disable Mailscan as per Trend Support. Stop all Scanmail services and unregister the event sink. To unregister SMTP event sinks: 1. Open the command prompt. 2. For SMEX 7.0, go to the ..\Program Files\Trend\SMEX folder 3. Run the toolSmtpEventSink.exe /unreg command. After doing this the VM Largest Block Size does not decrease below 70 meg. But 70 meg seems low to me. Is 70 meg typical? -- Brett ...

Outlook 2007 PST files and temp files
When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how can one do this...? Thanks, Tom... "TK" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message news:Ovq2RUgvJHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file > accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. > > Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how > can one do this...? You shouldn...