File Permission Problem- 2 Windows Profiles

Hi

I just installed Outlook on a brand new Windows 7 machine and created
two
windows users.  This is a home user PC not connected to a domain.

I imported the .pst from the old computer to a new Outlook Profile
named john.  It is connected via POP and all folders appear and
everything works fine.

When I log in on the second windows user name, karen, and launch
outlook for the first time, it won't start.   I get the error message

Cannot open your default email folders.  File access is denied.  You
do not have the permission to access the file
c:\users\john\appdata..

Why is Outlook trying to look at the profile or PST of a completely
seperate Windows user name?
Why is Outlook trying to see the .pst of the other user name?
Shouldn't it create a brand new profile and create a new .pst for
this
user?

What steps should I take to resolve this problem?

0
bds0000 (1)

IMPORT PROBLEM #3
I try to import a file from excel. It imports 9 records and stops. The message is "Map1 Error ox80070057. Try again later" I try again later and get the same results. "dancer" <dancer@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23%232QSPOQHHA.3344@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I try to import a file from excel. It imports 9 records and stops. The >message is "Map1 Error ox80070057. Try again later" > > I try again later and get the same results. > > What is in the file you are trying to import? It is a name and e-mail address. I'...

various excel problems
I have a friend who has some problems with her Excel. Here are a few of them. We would appreciate any help we can get: 1. The columns are labelled 1, 2, 3, etc. rather than A, B, C, etc. How can she change the columns to letters? 2. When she hits the page down key on her computer the excel spreadsheet goes down one line not the equivalent of a page. How can she fix this? 3. When she wants to sum a set of numbers in a column, she can only sum cells which numbers in them. That is, when she comes to a blank cell the summing ends. How can she change her settings so that she can sum an entire colu...

CListView Vista Problem
We are modifying a CListView Control as follows: void CMyListView::OnInitialUpdate() { CListView::OnInitialUpdate(); ... DWORD dwAdd = LVS_REPORT | LVS_SINGLESEL | LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS | LVS_OWNERDATA; DWORD dwRemove = LVS_TYPEMASK; GetListCtrl().ModifyStyle(dwRemove, dwAdd); ListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle(GetListCtrl().m_hWnd, LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT | LVS_EX_ONECLICKACTIVATE | LVS_EX_GRIDLINES | LVS_EX_HEADERDRAGDROP | LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES); CHeaderCtrl* pHeaderCtrl = GetListCtrl().GetHeaderCtrl(); ASSERT(pHeaderCtrl != NULL); if (pHeaderCtrl != NULL) { ...

Downloading messages #2
After just installing Outlook, I find I have to manually Send & Receive to access my mail. How can I set up Outlook to automatically Send & Receive? "Kari" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07fa01c3dea3$f8e182b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > After just installing Outlook, I find I have to manually > Send & Receive to access my mail. How can I set up > Outlook to automatically Send & Receive? Tools-Send and Receive Settings-Define Send/Receive Groups and its at the bottom. ...

Disabling exchange mailboxes #2
Is it possible to disable a user's mailbox without it sending "Undeliverable" messages back to mail senders? ...

Problem of Outlook sending messages with attachments multiple times
We've been having problems with more and more Outlook users (several versions) who are getting messages "stuck" in their Outbox. Usually, we can clear it up by running scanpst on their machine. Once or twice, the problem seemed to be an outlook.pst file that was nearly 2gb. What's the best way to prevent this from happening in the first place? So far, there hasn't been much harm done, but there's real concern about inadvertently mailbombing one of our clients. Thanks! 1. Archive regularly. 2. Empty deleted items folder. 3. Remove attachments. --� Milly Staples [M...

Windows Live Mail problems 07-16-10
Hi Is it possible to get all the emails to be put in one folder (In, Out, Delete etc). I have gone to Select Quick Views, but this doesn't work well, as I have many email account.s ALso Anyone know how I can get Windows Live Mail to keep the position of folders. Every time I move StorageFolders to the top, it gets put back to the bottom again. Many Thanks "t8769" <t8769@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:DD104989-7E15-46F6-9E2C-618D43DFE1A0@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Is it possible to get all the emails to be put in one fold...

Can't find Windows Server 2003 Dutch MUI Pack for x64 Editions
I am looking for the Dutch (NL) MUI pack for a windows 2003 server R2 Sp2 64 bit version. Does anyone know where i can get this, and if it's available from the microsoft licensing site? We are only able to find the X86 version of the MUI pack. ...

how to delete source file?
An excel spreadsheet links to another excel file. However Iwant to remove this link completely since the file does not exist anymore. How do I remove it? I know that by going into the spread sheet and doing a find ! I get all the cells that call to this external file. If I delete them all (and there are lots) will I still get the prompt when opening the spreadsheet that it can't find this source File? How shall I best handle this situation? Can I simply remove the source link somehow? I don't get that option (rather, open source, change source). TIA, Brad Try this, Brad: ht...

MS Publisher 2000 saving a ps file to Corel
I saved ("save as) my MS Publisher 2000 file as a postscript (.ps). In Windows XP Explorer, the file shows as a Corel Draw Essentials 9.0 file with the Corel icon (when I expected to see a .ps file). I cannot open the file in either Corel or Publisher. I have tried saving with my HP printer (postscript) and MS Publisher Imagesetter as the printer--neither gives me the desired .ps file. There are Corel Draw objects in my Publisher file, but I've used this file many times in my old Windows 98 environment (with Publsiher 2000 and Corel Essentials 9.0) with no problems. Does anyone know h...

Email addresses and scrolling problems
Outlook 2007 on Vista 64 Outlook refuses to send some emails - but I have not been able to repro the problem - it appears to be random. When you reply to an email, Outlook will fill in the too address such as Some Name <SomeEmail@somewhere.com> That normally works OK but sometimes it will refuse to send the email - it just stays in the out basket. So you need to manually edit the To address to <SomeEmail@somewhere.com> ie - you need to remove the name prefix in order to get it to work. The email address is perfectly good - it just won't send the email. Of course,...

Sending "Read Receipt" problem (Outlook 2003)
Hello, I am having problems sending a "read receipt" when one is requested. In "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Tracking Options" I use "Ask me before sending a response" When a person asks for a "read receipt" I can accept or decline, but when I allow a read receipt to be sent I do not find it in the "Sent" folder. And subsequently the person is not receiving it. I also observed that once I accepted to send a receipt, one of my other accounts (not default) and not the one I received the email "To" is trying to se...

Vista Windows Update Stopped Working & worse...
I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit OS. When I first got the computer, update worked great... a few months ago, update would *say* it downloaded and installed whatever updates it had found, then it just would NOT download them at all. For awhile, I was too busy to keep messing with it... then I found Auto-Patcher (an alternative updater) and thought the problem was solved, but just as with the original updater, when I search for them in Add-Remove Programs or in Update History, the computer says there are NONE. That's not good because it's a security issue, amo...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba #2
never min, figured it out = -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

Problem in exchange mailbox
Hi, I have exchange 2003 with SP1 . I have configure one mailbox in outlook but when i receive mails in my mailbox it shows for seconds only in mailbox and disappears. i have checked in all the folders in mailbox but could not found . there is no any rules als. Pls help me on this issue. One more problem i am having when i sent any word or excel attachment outside the exchange server then the word or excel does not open on recepients end or the fond goets changed in word files... Pls help oh these issues. Regards, Abhi. pandeyabhishek2000@yahoo.com (abhishek pandey) wrote: >Hi, >I ...

outlook profile/password problems
outlook 2003 I know that I have asked this before but I have two mail accounts (one business and one personal) set to both send and receive at the same time from their respective isp/servers. When I press send and receive I get mail from the respective accounts. The problem that I have is evreytime I do this I am asked for my password to both accounts and I do this and check the save password box but still receive the pop up box asking me for my password. I have checked both of my accounts from their pop3 web accounts and there is no problem. I have done a repair on outlook and there is no p...

Office 2007 - HELP

Getting a value by comparing 2 columns
Hi, I have a mailing list that I need to create but with a specific list of customers. Cust 1 in the example, is our current customer list. Cust 2 is the list of mailing customers. How do I put the Final Cust Name in the column when Cust 1 and Cust 2 match? Cust 1 Cust Name Cust 2 Final Cust Name 123 Jon Doe Landscaping 456 456 Mary Browns Excavating 963 789 Orlando Towers Inc 1296 963 ECT Lawns 1866 1296 Spring Specialty 1581 Land & Air Landscaping 1866 KF Rentals Thanks for help! Assuming your master list is in cel...

Need some formula advice for two part problem
I hope someone can help me out with this problem ? I want to place a date in a block when another block reads 100%. say block B4 reads 100%, I want to place a date in D4 to represent when (Days360) that block (B4) reached 100%. Hope someone can help, thanks. Mr. Goodbred Benjamin Goodbred, I came up with this solution: Format cell B4 as percent, D4 as Date 3/14/01. In cell D4 type formula: "=IF(B4=100%,NOW(),"")" do not add the first " or the last " The cell D4 will remain empty("") until B4 is equal to 100%. hth "BENJAMIN GOODBRED" w...

About AVAYA IP Office MSCRM Integration's problem.
We have 10,000 customer details, each time when the customer phone in, the AVAYA MSCRM Integration application will pop-up the customer's information. That's really great!! But I found there are a problem: sometimes the pop-up window is really SLOW! After the ring up about 30 seconds, the window just pop-up :-( What I thought is becasue the customer database is huge, so it takes time to search the database. In fact, the frequently customer only 50s. Then I'd like to build a "Frequently Customer Database", let's the AVAYA application points to this database. M...

WTB: WE BUY SOFTWARE
WTB: WE BUY SOFTWARE - WE NEED MS OFFICE, WINDOWS, SERVER as well as ADOBE, SYMANTEC & OTHERS WE BUY used, new and refurbed Sun, Cisco, Lucent, Nortel, Alcatel, 3com, IBM, HP, Compaq, Dell, Madge, Cabletron, Juniper Networks, Bintec, Siemens, Foundry, Networks, Extreme Networks, Fore/Marconi, Tellabs Lucent/Avaya/Ascend, Xylogics, Brocade, Intel, Motorola, Nokia VPN/Firewall, Netscreen, Microsoft Adobe, Corel, Intuit, Macromedia, Symantec, McAfee etc... Email BUYONET@HOTMAIL.COM with any of the above that you wish to sell. LOOK BELOW FOR ALL WANT TO BUY LISTINGS... WE ARE BUYING WI...

Looking to do a random sort of records in an excel file
I have an excel file with records in it. At any given time I can hav any number of records in the file. I would like to do a random sort o those records putting the results in another sheet within the sam excel spreadsheet. It would be nice if the output had a column wit the ranking of each record in it. It can't be anything too complicated or something I have to change eac time I want to do a different group of records. There can be as man as 200 and as few as 5 records in a file -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com jenstyr You could put =RAND() in a helper column and ...

Excel 2003 to 95 File format conversion
I've donated my old computer and software to a non-profit and need to convert files down from Excel 2003 to Excel 95. My HELP file refers to a "Microsoft Excel 97-2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook format" but I haven't been able to find it. Has it been discontinued? Hi, Judith. First, I don't recommend saving in multiple formats if they won't need them because it just makes the file bigger. I have Excel 2003 and Excel 5.0/95 and the one you mention are both available from the Files of type dropdown. Perhaps you didn't do a complete installation of Excel/Office? ***...

headquarters client startup problems
At two of our locations, headquarters client gives a windows error upon startup and will not load (it wants to send an error report to microsoft which I have done many times). After about 10 or 15 attempts it will finally load and run perfectly the rest of the day. Does anyone have any ideas why it does this? I would be interested in where the post ends up. I have issues whereby the client just stops connecting - mostly after a restart. I have the shortcut in the Startup menu so that it launches HQ Client up on login. "William" wrote: > At two of our locations, headquarters ...

Money file not corrupt; but program freezes when launched
Approximately 2 weeks ago, back when Money was working fine for me, I clicked on one of the sections on my Money Home page pertaining to Auto Transactions. This section identifies potential auto transactions and when you click on them, you can create bills, deposits, transfers etc. I clicked on a transaction and the program froze. The only way was to terminate the process, I could not even end Money. I was able to launch Money with the Sample File and repair my existing file. The log indicated that there was a broken link?! The program worked fine for me for another two weeks. On Sat...