File Permission Problem- 2 Windows Profiles

Hi

I just installed Outlook on a brand new Windows 7 machine and created
two
windows users.  This is a home user PC not connected to a domain.

I imported the .pst from the old computer to a new Outlook Profile
named john.  It is connected via POP and all folders appear and
everything works fine.

When I log in on the second windows user name, karen, and launch
outlook for the first time, it won't start.   I get the error message

Cannot open your default email folders.  File access is denied.  You
do not have the permission to access the file
c:\users\john\appdata..

Why is Outlook trying to look at the profile or PST of a completely
seperate Windows user name?
Why is Outlook trying to see the .pst of the other user name?
Shouldn't it create a brand new profile and create a new .pst for
this
user?

What steps should I take to resolve this problem?

0
bds0000 (1)

docmd.transfertext problem

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

windows messenger 09-24-06
have a friend's contact card popping up at any time saying they want to be added to my list. this was done a long time ago but the message keeps coming up at various times when i'm on the computer. how can i stop this?> Shirley, this is a CRM newsgroup, you may get a better response if you post in XP General group http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/community/newsgroups/dgbrowser/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&lang=en&cr=US&r=c10a5834-ccef-4e84-9c45-1e43e21770ed "shirley" wrote: > have a friend's contact card popping up ...

SQL deadlock problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

MS Money 95 data files

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

cant start outlook pst file to large

Where is the workspace file stored?

opening .bak file

Pop Up Windows
Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? -- Larry "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0B01C98-66BF-4FA5-8CED-0C434CCCFC62@microsoft.com... > Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker > does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? > -- > Larry You don't. They LOOK like a pop up to you, but the designer that wrote the page made them not conform to the rules that define the...

Border problems

matching contents #2

Trying to read XML file into dataset

Please ignore #2

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Excel Problem