File Conversion Question

backup.pst Outlook 2003 version

Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002?

What other possible solutions could be employed?

Thank you.

denise.ciaralli@bell.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> backup.pst Outlook 2003 version
>
> Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002?

Only by using Outlook 2003 to create a 2002-format PST and then copying or
exporting the data to the 2002-format PST.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/22/2004 2:51:24 PM
Thank you!

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

conversion #3
I am trying to upgrade from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. When I attempt to export the data in my email files (inbox, sent,etc.)I do not have the "received" information exported - when mapping the fields I am unable to map several of the email fields; therefore, they are not exported. I have been unable to find the normal email fields to use in my mapping. How do I map normal email fields in an export operation? If I do not export this information my new computer has no idea when I received my old emails/ In the old days, the easiest way to keep all da...

Concatenation question
I am trying to concatenate two fields and then add text in brackets to the end. Here is what I have: StaffFullName = ([Me.LastName] & ", " & [Me.FirstName] & " (Mgr)") I want the end result to be: Smith, Mary (Mgr) How do I achieve this? Thank you, Terri What you've done will work. You can also use the "+" operator if there is a possibility that there will be a missing first name: StaffFullName = ([Me.LastName] & "," & (" "+ [Me.FirstName]) & " (Mgr)") That will avoid an extra spa...

fiscal year setting question
hi. i know that the fiscal year settings get more or less set in stone, so i had a quick question before i set it for my org. in the template field, what is that used for? if i select 'quarterly', does that mean i can only run reports on a quarter basis? what if i wanted to do monthly reports? ultimately, my question is what is the 'template' field used for? thanks! Hi Jeff, Fiscal year setting must be aligned to your company's accountig policy. Fiscal year setting primarily defines sales quotas. When you set quarterly periods, you can set quarterly quotas for mem...

Outlook receiving zip files

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Continuing problmes with chkdsk and PST file
My PST file is apparently corrupted, with "Data error, cyclic redundancy check" upon starting Outlook. As per earlier advice, i ran chkdsk /r. But, chkdsk hangs. The % done on phase 4, file data check, was moving along at 1% per every 1 to 5 minutes. Then, at exactly 50%, it just stopped moving. I left it for a few hours, but no further progress (so i interrupted it). The disk light was on continually, but no progress in % complete. Also, if scanpst.exe is run, windows crashes (blue screen). So, are there any further suggestions? Is there any disk utility more robust t...

Numbering in Book Files
I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then use to create the new chapters. However, I am finding that when I go into a new chapter that the outline numbering does not pick up on the chapter (Heading 1) number. For example: Chapter 1: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. But when I start my next chapter, when I update the chapter number to start at 2, I get this: Chapter 2: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. ...

Time Format Question
Hello, I currently have time entered like this: 173517 90207 I need to look like this: 5:35 p.m. 9:02 a.m. I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so far. Thank you. With your values in column AA, try: =TIME(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-4),LEFT(RIGHT(A1,4),2),RIGHT(A1,2)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Toria" wrote: > Hello, > I currently have time entered like this: > 173517 > 90207 > > I need to look like this: > 5:35 p.m. > 9:02 a.m. > > I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so fa...

Restoring Outlook Files
hi, I need to move the actual inbox, etc. from one hard drive to another. Which files do I look for? I had Outlook configured as an IMAP client. I keep looking for a master "inbox" or "mailbox" file, but am unable to find it. thanks for the help! rt brown Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:02b50...

Outlook 2000 slow to attach files
I am running Outlook 2000 with XP, and when I go to attach a file on the network, it is extremely slow. However, when I go to the same file through Windows Explorer, it is very quick. Does anyone know what this problem might be or how to fix it? ...