Field Chooser #2

Guys-is it possible that some of the fields in Outlook
2000 (from Field Chooser) can simply disappear or could
the problem be that somebody else is accessing my mailbox?

It happened to me that the From field and Subject field
have simply disappered twice without my action? Could it
be a bug or something similar?
0
anonymous (74722)

Is it possible those fields are already in the table view? I've been spooked
by that one before.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Guys-is it possible that some of the fields in Outlook
> 2000 (from Field Chooser) can simply disappear or could
> the problem be that somebody else is accessing my mailbox?
>
> It happened to me that the From field and Subject field
> have simply disappered twice without my action? Could it
> be a bug or something similar?

0
suemvp (4038)

How do I access page 2 on my newsletter? Page 1 completed
Using publisher for the first time. I completed page 1 but can't figure out how to get to page 2 of the 4 page newsletter form that I chose. SuzyBB wrote: > Using publisher for the first time. I completed page 1 but can't > figure out how to get to page 2 of the 4 page newsletter form that I > chose. =============================== There should be tabs at the bottom of your project that allow you to select the page. If you are using Publisher 2003 or earlier... go to...View / Status Bar. If you are using Publisher 2007...have a look at the following article: Where is the ...

vb query #2
Hi, does anyone have an example of vb code that returns a value to a userdefined field from a lookup window. For example I have a piece of code already that on button click launches a region lookup window. I then want to return the value I select to a userdefined field. Has ayone got any ideas? Thanks adam Hi Adam I have a couple of examples of how to use Lookups from VBA. Please get your partner to email me at the address below (remove the online. first) if you are interested. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynami...

HELP!! After Upgrading to POS 2.0 (NOT RMS), Reboot Takes 10-15 Minutes
After upgrading to POS 2.0 (NOT RMS) over the Thanksgiving holiday hoping to take advantage of the reputedly improved reporting and feature set, we now experience a 10-15 minute boot duration waiting for Point of Sale to fully start. Now, if the system crashes or loses database connectivity (over the wired LAN) during business hours, which it's prone to do at least once daily since upgrading, a reboot is required to get the cashier station to reconnect to the office db. The POS Manager (also POS 2.0) is installed on a backoffice PC running dual processors and 4GB RAM. The cashier...

Add Next Number To A Field
Hi, This is probably so simple I can't seem to figure it out. I have a Table(tblACCOUNTNO) which has only one field called ACCOUNT NUMBER and starts from number 1. I want to add code to a form button which will add a new record to the 'tblACCOUNTNO' and it will be the next number in other words +1, which in this case will be number 2. How simple does that sound. Thanks Ange On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 19:31:44 +0200, Ange Kappas wrote: > Hi, > This is probably so simple I can't seem to figure it out. > > I have a Table(tblACCOUNTNO) which has onl...

Use Contact List in To: Field
Simple question (but I cannot locate a menu item that gives it to me) ... in Outlook, how do I select an option whereby as I type a name in the To: field of a message the system shows me the entries in my contact list that match? Thanks. Assuming you have OL2003, there are two separate features that nearly do what you want: Auto completion: Go to Tools>Options>E-mail Options>advanced e-mail options, and check "Suggest names while completing to, cc and bcc fields". That will suggest recently used names as you type (NOT all names from your contacts list). To accep...

script to count the number of mailboxes on all storage groups on a single mail server? #2
Gurus, Is there a script I can run which can count the number of mailboxes on all storage groups on a single mail server? ...

Sorting when data is on 2 rows???
I have data presented on rows as follows: 1 128655 Black, Robert 9:00 AM Breakfast meeting at Holiday 2 Inn. Casual. 3 123456 Blow, Joe 4:30 PM Customer wants to come 4 in to visit about a new 5 business venture. How can I sort Column 1 (128655 and 123456) so that Row 2 information stays with 128655 and row 4 and 5 stays with 123456? Can I be done? TIA, Ron You could ente...

reply text #2
How do I change the automatic text "Original Message" when I reply a mail. Jan I don't think you can "Jan" <etyud@hetnot.nl> wrote in message news:3b911$4343a0ef$c3a990f6$22918@news2.tudelft.nl... > How do I change the automatic text "Original Message" when I reply a mail. ...

Button Text #2
Hi, I have some text on a button on my dialog. I want to force it so that the text is split. i.e one word is on top the other word is on bottom rather than one continuous line of text. I assume there is some way that this can be done through the dialog editor. Can anyone tell me how it is done? Thanks Macca use \n to slit the line and check property multiline "Macca" <Macca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0BFC180-392F-4105-BE00-0C42C0BA0F7A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have some text on a button on my dialog. I want to force it so that the text i...

Removing macro #2
I am using Excel 97 (from Office Pro 97) on a new Vista machine. Every time I open a particular spreadsheet I get the option of enabling or disabling macros. I have no idea what this/these macro is all about - I never wrote a macro in my life -- and would like to know how to find it and delete it. Any help would be appreciated. --- Tony Vella, Ottawa, Canada http://indian-biographies.shorturl.com Debra Dalgleish shows how to clean up all the remnants of macros: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros But if someone else developed the workbook, you may not want to delete any...

Outlook 2003 calendaring problem, cached mode with 2 mailboxes
Two mailboxes in cached mode. First box: personal mailbox. Secondary box: Functional mailbox User has full acces on secondary box. User accepts meeting request in secondary mailbox calendar. He is not an attendee but the meeting shows up in his personal calendar(first box) and in the secondary (functional box). -- Marcel How does this user have access to the second mailbox? Opened in his profile? Opened as an additional mailbox? What permissions does he have on the secondary mailbox? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussi...

Outlook Data File #2
I recently changed my office xp student to office xp professional. Everything worked except Outlook. It sent me the personal folder. When I tried on a New message it displayed that it could not create the message because a data file to send and recieve messages could not be found. To add a data file such as a personal folder, double-click the mail icon in Windows Control Panel. So, I tried Windows, Control Panel, Mail, Data Files, Add... I created a new... and nothing. I still cannot send or recieve a mail. I can't even see the past mails. ...

Automatic Name Checking Quit Working #2
When it rains it pours...another Outlook issue! Running XP at home and have been using Automatic Name Checking (not Suggest Name) forever. Now all of a sudden even with the option checked, it no longer gives me email addresses at all. It just stays the way I typed and opens the address book to choose a name when I send. I haven't changed anything in Outlook in months. Any suggestions?? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Hello? Is your news reader not displaying replies? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karl Burrows" <kfb1@s...

Upgrading Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 #2
Guys, Right now, we have an Exchange 5.5 (SP4) running on windows 2000 (member server) with SP4. We have one windows 2000 domain controller. We have about 80 recipents (including distributions). We are looking to upgrade the member server to Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003. What is the best approach since Exchange 5.5 cannot do a "in place" upgrade to exchange 2003? I do have an extra pc ("slow pc" - low end) that I can use if any other approach is recommended . What I am thinking is: 1) Upgrade & move the exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 to the "slow pc"...

Reference rst field from form
Is there a way to reference "resZip" in the following code from a form .. eg MyFile = ![Me.cboFieldName] where the cboFieldName = rezZip The recordset contains one field which groups a set a set of data, in this case a zip code. But at times it may be City, County, Country. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Set rst2 = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("qryGroupField") With rst2 Do Until .EOF Myfile = ![resZip] **(i want to change this line to a variable from a combobox)** Export function which runs a...

Adding a Field Name from Table/Query to Excel Export File
What I have is an export file to excel which I am able to do successfully using an OutputTo macro: Object Type: Query Object Name: ZZZ_Executive_Summary Output Format: Miscrosoft Excel 97-2003 (*.xls) Output File: "C:\ES\" & Format(Date(),"mm-dd-yyyy") & " Executive Summary. xls" What I would like to do is add the branch name into the file name. The field in the query is simply "Branch" When I try something like &[Branch]& or (query name/field) >> &ES!Branch& or &[ES].[Branch]&, etc... no matter what I...

SMALL function #2
Good Morning Eveyrone, Using Excel XP. I would I write the formula =SMALL(A1:A100) that would find the lowest numbers that are NOT zeros. Thanks for you help, Mike =SMALL(A1:A100��1) SMALL(A1:A100,COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<=0")+1) Thanks...got it working.. Mike "������" <cncola@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OwrqY9NRFHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > SMALL(A1:A100,COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<=0")+1) > > ...

Bad Mail folder #2
Hello, Have a basic question with regards to exchange 2000 running on a 2k server. I am not an exchange expert, thus this question. I inherited a file/exchange server that was built with a small 4GB system paprtition. The bad mail folder is still located on the partition and has grown to over 600 MB in Size. Can I clean out the files (Delete them)? Thanks, Erick Yes. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > > >Have a basic question with regards to exchange 2000 >running on a 2k server. I am not an exchange expert, thus &...

Junk E-mail folder #2
i am using Windows Vista Buisness and Small Buisness Office 2007 and i cannot get the junk folder to work correctly. what ever i do, it still recieves emails from people i have in my address book and treats them as junk. i have even re-installed office to no effect. i asume there is a file i need to delete as well as the registry keys relating to the junk email folder before re-installing. Can any one point me in the right direction? If a message ends up in your Junk Email folder and you deem that it shouldn't have, all you need to do is add that sender to your Safe Senders list...

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.2 Update
What Mac 11.3.2 update? I know nothing about such a Mac OS update. Help! The 11.3.2 update is for Office 2004, not for Mac OS X. Here's how you can get it: In Office 2004, use Microsoft AutoUpdate to get the latest updates. From any Office application, go to Help > Check for Updates (or manually launch Microsoft AutoUpdate from the Applications folder). If any updates are needed, they will display in a sheet, at which point you can check them and press the "Install" button to download and install them. Updates can also be found at the Microsoft web site: <http://www...

Not accept a value of 0 in a currency field.
In a cost savings field I want to not accept a savings of 0, but a cost of less than or greater than 0 is acceptable. In my projects database there is a cost saving field and the engineers are getting around it by putting in a 0 so I want to force them to put in an acceptable value. for example the savings might be $1.99 or ($1.99) but not $0.00. How can i do that. in the validation rule property of your field put <>0 "Leslie" wrote: > In a cost savings field I want to not accept a savings of 0, but a cost of > less than or greater than 0 is acceptable. In my ...

Purchase order receivings #2
I am saving purchase order receivings in batches. The batches then get posted by using the series post in purchasing. This should allow the batches to post through as this is the setting in the posting setup, as well as to not allow transaction posting. Once the batch is posted in purchasing it does not post through but rather goes to financial which requires the batch to be posted again from with in financial. Once this is done then the batch goes to batch recovery. Sometimes the recovery works and somestimes not. Sometimes we have to use the batch stuck.exe tool. The distributions are...

Time Formula #2
Hi I run Excel 2K I download data from a mainframe. This data has a date & time format in it (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss) I work in a place that has a 3 shift cycle - day shift, afternoon shift, night shift. Day shift starts at 7:20am and ends at 15:29pm Afternoon shift starts at 15:30pm and ends at 23:19pm Night shift starts at 23:20pm amd ends at 7:19am I need a formula that looks at the cell with the date/time in it and displays the word DAY (for the time frame of day shift), AFTERNOON (for the timeframe of afternoon shift) and NIGHT (for the timeframe of night shift) In my previous ...

AD User No SMTP Address #2
When I create a new AD user and tell it to create an Exchange emailbox, or choose an existing AD user and tell it to create an Exchange mailbox it appears to work but no smtp address is ever created for the AD user. All of the Exchange tabs are created but the smtp address is ever populated. I have also tried to login as one of these users and have no success. Anybody seen this before? Is there a service that may not be running? Yep, your RUS (Recipient Update Service) is not stamping the users. You can turn up diagnostic logging for the following: MSExchangeAL\LDAP Operations MSExchan...

Problems with the search/help pane after 11.2.1 update
Hi, I have one problem with all the office 2004 programs after the last update (11.2.1): when I'm using the help and then I go back to the program(word,entourage..)and write or do something , if I'm go back again to the help pane and try to type something in the search box, I can't, is blocked. I have to close the help pane and open again. I have updated the office to the latest version(11.2.1) and I have one powerbook G4 (1Ghz cpu, 1.5 Gb ram memory, 64mb ram video, and OSX 10.4.3) In article <BF9C1FB6.33A%kadewe@terra.es>, Antonio Moreno Reyes <kadewe@terra.es>...