Failing to send e-mails with Norton outgoing mail scanning

I am running Outlook 2000 on a new machine with Windows XP
and Norton Anyivirus 2003. I usually set Outlook to
disconnect automatically after sending and receiving e-
mail, and on this new setup, when I am sending a message I
occasionally get an error message "this message was unable
to be sent because the connection to the server was
broken. You should re-send the message from your sent
items folder". As far as I can see, what happens is that
Outlook disconnects before the outgoing e-mail virus
scanning is complete.

The Norton Symantec knowlege base suggests either
disabling scanning outgoing e-mail or disabling the
automatic disconnection. I feel that the first option is
anti-social and the second option results in my forgetting
to disconnect. Are there any further alternatives?

0
anonymous (74722)

E-mail Queue
Hello, I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and have e- mail queues working from external addresses. How do I get e-mail to flow to these queues from internal Exchange addresses? We would like to use CRM email exclusively for this account. Thanks for any help. Scott Internal email can't be routed to queues unfortunately. I am not aware of anyone finding a workaround for this issue either. Anyone heard of anything? Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Scott" wrote: > > Hello, > > I've followed TechKnowledge article 870063 and hav...

Office Default Mail Client
I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will not let me edit it in outlook or through control panel. Does anyone know how I might repair this, I tried to fix the mail client in the registery by deleting it and running repair on on the outlook setup but this did not fix my problem. Mark wrote: >I removed the beta version of microsoft office and installed the MSDN version >this weekend but I can not set the defalut mail client as Outlook. It will >not let me ed...

Office 2010 and Basic Authentication on IIS fails to open documents
Hi, I have just upgraded my Office 2007 to 2010 (yes the RTM build) and am running into some serious trouble accessing documents stored on a web server or SharePoint server configured to only allow Basic Authentication. Word opens as expected but does not do anything else (no prompt, no document download, nothing). Accessing any Office document on a server or SharePoint 2007/2010 server that has e.g. Integrated Windows authentication enabled, all is good I get prompted for credentials and the document downloads and opens as expected and as in Office 2007. Where is the settin...

Can't Send/Recieve
For some odd reason thins morning when I start Windows Mail it claims there are 'No new Messages.WM is set to 'Send and Recieve at Startup.' Also the Send/Recieve button is disabled. When I go online and access my email account with my it shows several emails sated today. I was using Windows Live Mail and had problems uninstalling it and reluctantly went and deleted the folder for Windows Live 'casue I don't use any of the other products. Any ideas, Thanks, James Somehow the account got removed. I recreated it and it's ok now. Thanks, Jame...

Specify account to send from
I tried replying to a work email earlier tonight and after I sent it, although I specified which account to send the email from, the saved sent message said it had been sent from my personal (default) account. I've got four accounts on Outlook, so I tested them against each other and found that all my messages sent from my personal (default) account came through fine, but all the messages sent from the other accounts to my personal (default) account said they had been sent by my personal (default) account. Anyone have an idea why this is happening and how I can fix it? ...

SEND TO:
When i right click on a file and choose send to, i want to email using my outlook, not MSNs program. When i choose mail recipient in the Send To it goes to MSN not outlook. Any help? Mark It sounds like Outlook isn't your default email program. Open up Internet Explorer, From the Tools menu, choose Internet Options. Click the Programs tab and make Outlook the default email program. That should help. Doreen "Dr. Mark W. Lee" <Bac-Doc@msn.com> wrote in message news:u$mK$VAGEHA.1128@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > When i right click on a file and choose send to, i wa...

An OL folder has changed from Mail to Calendar
I have a user (using Outlook XP on WinXP, Exchange 2000) who has a folder in their inbox that contains emails. Last week he received an email which went into that folder, and somehow converted it from Post to Appointment format, so he can no longer get to the emails that were previously in there. I've never seen or heard of this before, and I don't seem to be able to manually change it. Has anyone seen this before, and if so, what can I do to get access to the emails it originally contained? Cheers, Gavan Blunt. What happens if you use Advanced Find? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

How to send Outlook rule reply to reply-to address (not from address)?
By default Outlook 2002 sends rule-based replies to the From: address of the incoming email message. Is there a way to set-up the reply rule to send to the Reply-to: address instead? Thanks, -Keith ...

Value creation failed at line 422
Does anyone know the source of this error message and how to fix it? well, you have to provide more info than that before people here could provide possible solutions. Info like, what GP application? what window? what module? what are trying to do on that window? posting? printing? saving? do you have customizations? ---Darryl Bajaro "Phil" wrote: > Does anyone know the source of this error message and how to fix it? ...

M05 update fails.
Uninstalled M04 and installed M05 over a week ago. M05 said an update was available. I let it run and it said "Update Complete". Now, EVERY time I shut down Money, I get "Money is attempting to install an update. To complete, restart Windows, and then Money". In the last week, I tried the following to no avail. I've re-run the update several times, deleteted the mnyupdate.log several times and restored the registry to several previouse dates. It still gives me this msg EVERY time I shut Money down. Any Ideas or should I just go back to M04???? Frank ...

Attachments to E-mail
When typing email and go to add attachment, it puts attachment in body of e-mail and reipeinets can't see. every once in a while the attachment gets put into seperate attachment area and then ok to see. Any recommendations. Thanks Versions would help troubleshooting, but I'll take a stab anyway. Does this occur when you send email with attachments to yourself? It could be that you're sending a type of file that the recipient has blocked in their configuration. It could be an issue between sending messages using HTML vs Plain Text. Not everyone can read HTML. It may ...

how to enable sending of .exe file
By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how to disable it? On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:26:03 -0800, jenson <jenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how >to disable it? Its an Outlook issue, not an exchange one. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm#ol2002 On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:26:03 -0800, jenson <jenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how >to disable it? Exchange...

CAN'T E-MAIL BIZ CARD ATTCHMT
HI AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO E- MAIL AN ATTCHMT TO MY EDITOR, AND GOING NUTS...I WORK FOR A SANTA MONICA PAPER, IT'S A BUSINESS CARD W/GRAPHICS ON IT AND THE DARN M.PUBLISHER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ALSO MY BOSS WANTS IT IN JPEG OR EPS(I DON'T HAVE EPS) AND THESE OPTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED FROM PUBLISHER TO 'SAVE AS'. IT WOULD BE A BIG PROBLEM IF IT WAS A NEW CUSTOMER WHO ASKS ME TO DEVELOP SENT ART INTO A DISPLAY AD W/GRAPHICS & TEXT, BUT RIGHT NOW IT'S MY BOYFRIENDS' CO. BIZ CARD HE MADE IN M.PUB. ON MY COMPUTER FOR ME TO PUT IN MY...

Mailbox fails to move
I am getting the following error: Source: MSExchangeAdmin Event ID: 9172 Description: Failed to copy messages to the destination mailbox store. Error: An unknown error has occurred. It looks like all the message gets moved it it why towards the end when it fails. I can access this mailbox just fine using Outlook 2003. Why can it not be moved? Is it a rule that is causing the problem? The redirect says to use MDBVU32 to find the bad messages. How does one tell which messages are causing the problem? I searched the premier site ...

where can i find the meaning of all icons next to a received mail
"Rolls" <Rolls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9729F859-6E44-46D8-A571-78E9A5977144@microsoft.com... > Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question. Have a look here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) ...

returned mail undeliverable
Hi, I have posted before but the methods that were explained to me didn't work. My isp is Freeserve, but I do not use thier e mail account. I have one private domain and one Yahoo account set up in Outlook. Everything has been working fine up until a few weeks ago when I started to get Unable to send messages and undeliverable message returned mail. Now I have sent test messages to myself from either account and replied to them and all seems to be working fine. I have had family mail me as a test and I have replied with no problem, so why am I getting undeliverable messages and returned ma...

Outlook 2003-can't send or receive emails
I have Outlook 2003 with Windows XP Operating system. My ISP is Earthlink. When I try to send/receive in Outlook, I get the error message: The operation failed. An object could not be found. I have gone through my settings, and all are set as recommended. My test message is received in my earthlink mailbox, but I cannot retrieve it in Outlook. I have no trouble with my earthlink mailbox. I have tried using Detect & Repair - no results. How can I fix this? Thanks ...

Outlook won't break lines in received plain text e-mail
Hello. I'm using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. I moved my .pst file from another Outlook 2000 on Win98. Plain text e-mails show no line breaks. I remember on the previous Outlook I modified a registry key so they would show correctly. Do you know how to fix this? Example: MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIFORNIA 91109. TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 http://jpl.convio.net/site/R?i=I- hdBIN6ChJO-3BCLCXxIg.. http://jpl.convio.net/site/R? i=QKroV09E4GFO-3BCLCXxIg.. Guy Webster (818) ...

Sending Secure Messages
Hi, I am trying to send a secure message over a network. The help topics I can find all seem to relate to messages sent over the internet and require the purchase of a certificate, but I am not sending over the internet. All I want to do is send a message internally over the network so that the recipient is unable to forward the message to anybody else. How do I do that? You can't keep anyone from forwarding a message. The best you can do is expire a message... -(from Outlook Help)- Make a sent message unavailable after a specified date *-Create a message. *-Click Options . *-...

Send Object
Not sure where to post this so forgive me :-) So i have a SendObject button which works great but i dont want the actual email to come up every time and would prefer it to jsut send. I believe you have to select No under Edit Message. I did that but now it keeps bringing up that box where it asks me to Allow or Deny - How can i get around that box and automatically allow each time? I remember in the past it would bring up a box and you could say allow for next 10 minutes but that option isnt even there? Thanks. ant1983 Try False instead of No. -- Hope this helps, ...

Automatically sending a daily report in word as an attachment
I hope you can help with this. I have a daily report that needs to be mailed to a co-worker. It is a simple list of clients served in a word 2003 document. I would like to automate the process. I right clicked on a toolbar and went to customize, I found the command send mail recipient as attachment and dragged the button to the standard toolbar. I assigned an email hyperlink to it. The button works perfectly as far as sending an email automatically but it doesn't send the contents of the document on the screen. I want the current document to be attached to the email as it is...

Renaming a mail site
Is it possible to rename our existing mailsite in Exchange 5.5? Sorry, nope. If its just for display sake you can change the display name on the properties of the Site. This can get confusing down the road though. -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "KJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a37501c44e55$f6423fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possibl...

sending attachment .mdb files by Access
Error message: Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment: *.mdb where * is the name of file. I get this message when I try to send a db I am working on to a colleague. The email shows the paperclip icon in my sent box but no attachment is there. I note that Outlook help says that .mdb are level 1 security items and cannot be opened. Is there a work around for this? Jack Hume http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Jack Hume&qu...

Old mail deletion without recipient policies
Hi, I own an exchange 2003 server. I want to delete mail older then 90 days (for example). However, I used some software to archive all the old mail first, but this tool marked the emails which it imported so all modification dates are resetted. Since the mailbox manager uses this date too to check how old the mail is I cant remove them anymore. Does anyone knows an alternative way to delete mail which has been recivied before a certain date? Preferably on the server, not the client. Thanks > Hi, > > I own an exchange 2003 server. I want to delete mail older then 90 days > (fo...

Office X as the default address book / mail client
Is there a way to make the office suite of products the default for the Mac OS X system? Ie, when I use Safari and it has the "add to Address book" button and I click it it brings me to iAddress Book (or what ever the freebie mac address book program is called) same is true for the calendar functions. Can I get the mac interface buttons to take me to places in entourage?? I'd bet I'm not the only guy that likes the integrated features of office and would like to use them system wide on my mac. -- v/r, Joel S. Magsig CPT, AV U.S. Army Joel.magsig@us.army.mil Joel.magsig@...