Failed to open mmf error appears

A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn
mmf'.  I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format.

What could be triggering this error.

0
anynomous (1)

What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error?

EllenB wrote:
> A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn
> mmf'.  I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format.
>

> What could be triggering this error.

0
lanwench (7567)
1/23/2004 2:56:25 AM

the most noticed occurence of the mmf error message is
when closing outlook
0
anonymous (74722)

"Error code 0x80004005" Event ID: 9662
Recently this error has occurred on the exchange server. There also another event ID: 9661 about IMF raised to 5. There is Groupshield and virus scan 8i on this server. I did not find any articles on this error. Can you direct me to a correct article. Thank you, Koz Sounds like your DC/GCs are not responding. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310896 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318067 Jeff Guillet, MCSE "koz" wrote: > Recently this error has occurred on the exchange server. There also another > event ID: 9661 about IMF raised to 5. > >...

#ERROR in Custom Field
I wrote a simple equation Additional Costs = ([Cost]) * 0.08 It was accepted into the equation but in the column it show "#ERROR" Does anyone have any suggestions or know what I did wrong? Hit the F9 key to recalculate. What type of field is the Additional Costs field? -Jack Dahlgren "Erin" <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE0A8BFF-7179-4168-80EC-DE1881F8E284@microsoft.com... > I wrote a simple equation > > Additional Costs = ([Cost]) * 0.08 > > It was accepted into the equation but in the column it show...

OLE Error
I design an OLE server, and in the excel spreadsheet, I have macro that create OLE object and and OLE object will updatie the data in spreadsheet. it works fine under Excel 97/2000 for long time, but now under Excel 2002/2003, sometimes I got "OLE error 800AC472". the problem happens when it took OLE server too long to update the data in spreadsheet, if it take less than one minute to update spreatsheet, everything is fine, but when it takes more than 2 minutes, it raises exception. it looks like EXCEL disconnects from the OLE server. but again, it works fine under Excel 2000. plea...

Free / Busy Replication Error
We keep getting the error below in our Application Event Log. It has been happening since I made our Exchange 2003 Server native (previously there was an Exchange 5.5 server it was replicating with). All public folders are located on the new Exchange Server (MAIL01) and there are no other replication partners in the list. When making the Exchange setup native, I followed the steps recommended by Microsoft so think that all is in order as regards this. Any ideas / help would really be apprecaited! Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID:...

How do I add a hyperlink that opens in a new web browser tab in vi
I can pen a hyperlink in a new web browser window but would like to open it in a new Explorer tab instead. not possible yet :-( "jose0208" <jose0208@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41369574-DB2B-4396-8E38-EEEAB433EF8D@microsoft.com... >I can pen a hyperlink in a new web browser window but would like to open it > in a new Explorer tab instead. -- David Parker Microsoft MVP (Visio) http://bvisual.spaces.live.com http://www.visualizinginformation.com ...

Searching Help gives error
Hello, I can open the Help contents from the Menu bar or the blue question mark but when I type in a search term I get "Server error in '/' Application", "service is not running". Seems like I know this but am stumped. Thank you for your help, Mark Hi Mark, Can you see if the "Indexing Service" is running on the server? Thanks! Manoj "Markw911" <Markw911@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4BFCB92-4841-4F4F-AF5A-7AAAF4F0892E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I can open the Help contents from the Menu bar or the blue ...

CRM 3.0 Error 01-10-06
We upgraded CRM 1.2 to 3.0 a couple weeks back. Ever since we periodically see the following error pop up while inside of the Outlook Client: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server. The server might be unavaiable. Try again later. if the problem persists, contact your system administrator." Also, when attempting to complete/cancel tasks in CRM, we receive the following error: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." The strange part here is, we receive this error, yet when we click Cancel on the...

Money error and then crashes
Hi This problem has just started today. In the Account List, there are 2 accounts highlighted in Red. If I click on one of them, then 'go back', nothing happens but if I click on the other, the Money crashes with the following error: "Microsoft Money Error Reporting has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I tried a quick repair but it didnt fix this. Please can you help me? Thanks in advance. "abc" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:ODfQ4fVVKHA.2932@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > This ...

"You attempted to open a database that is already opened exlcusivl
Two days ago I deployed a split 2003 access database that is accessed by 20 users. Since going live with it I have noticed many people having trouble with hanging or crashing of the front end. When I try to open the back end I get the message "You attempted to open a database that is already opened exlcusively by user 'Admin' on machine 'Comptername'. Try again when teh database is available. Then I track down who the PC belongs to and check what is going on. What I find on all the PCs that have made the back end give this error is that the user starts adding...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Open Other User's Folder
I am trying to open a folder that the person has rights to and opened fine in 2003. But since she has switched computers and the new one has Outlook 2003, she cannot open the other users folder. It is unhidden in Exchange server so it is visible to all users using Outlook 2002 but any users using Outlook 2003 cannot see it. I normally hide it from everyone because it is for our conference room scheduling and only certain people can see and use it. But now the person with rights to it cannot see it using Outlook 2003. Any ideas why and how I should fix this? is she using the folde...

Black &amp; Decker JW200 Lids Off Jar Opener, White
List Price:$49.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B00008GS9U Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00008GS9U I bought this product as a birthday present for my elderly "extra Mom" after using it at my Mother's house in FL. What a great contraption this product is! Read the directions, so you understand how to get it going, and then it is REALLY easy to use and very efficient! I am not even that old, but find as I age my hands are not as strong for opening vacuum-packed jars. For that reason, I am considering getting one of these l...

Opening spreadsheet & word very slow others ok
When I use file open in Word and Excell it is very slow in going from folder to folder. Several minutes may pass in a deeply embedded spreadsheed or doc. Other software flips through folders fine. Office 2003 SP1 W2K Pro 10 machine p2p network Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop, left-click on Disconnect Network Drive, and disconnect any mapped network drives that are not currently available. Nokose wrote: > When I use file open in Word and Excell it is very slow in going from folder > to folder. > Several minutes may pass in a deeply embedded spreadsheed ...

Can't Open or Corrupt Report Money Plus Deluxe File
When I want to export a report using the .CSV format, I get an error that the file is corrupt or the file type is wrong. Thus the file cannot be opened in MS Spreadsheet. After a little investigation, I found that my version Money deluxe (17.0120.1415) is generating a corrupt CSV file. The work around to the issue is to open the csv file with Notepad.Go to the very last line of information in the file, press enter and then hold the delete key to remove and excess spaces. Save and close the file. Now the file can be opened with the spreadsheet. This error never occured when MS Money ...

Save As error 918
I am getting error 918 when trying to save a Visio (2000) organisational flow chart as an Adobe illustrator file type (*.ai). The messgae reads 'An error (918) occurred during action Save As. The filter is unable to recognize the file.' Does any one have any ideas how tio overcome this? ...

Error OFXIE 12029 when connecting to Schwab since ~7/5 on Money 2004
I've been getting "An Internet communication error occurred. Please try your call again later. (OFXIE 12029)" whenever I try to download from Schwab. I can get quotes just fine, though, I have: -Confirmed my firewall is allowing 100% access to Money 2004 -Checked the MSFT site; they acknowleged the problem on the network status site (http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp) until today; now nothing. Also the Knowledge Base article that discusses this error and has a troubleshooting guide is now gone. -Uninstalled the accounts on Money...now I'm trying to re...

opening ie from a MFC app
I've written a small application that implements a taskbar icon. When the user double clicks on the icon, I would like to send a system request to open up a specific url. This is analagous to the user going to the start menu and choosing "Run..." and typing in the full URL (http://www.microsoft.com for example). I already have a handler made but I have no idea what to call to send this run command to the shell. Can anyone offer me advice? neo, > menu and choosing "Run..." and typing in the full URL > (http://www.microsoft.com for example). I already have a h...

3075 Error Trying to search for key word in a comments field.
OK so here is where I am and what I am trying to do next. Where I am. I have my Visual Basic code tied into the OK command button. I have a Form to search through my data and only put the requested information in a query. So far I have all of this working fine. I have the code clear the query each time it is used and repopulate the querry with the new choices.(The Where From etc...) The Problem with what I am trying to do next. It has been decided that there needs to be a comments column. They then what the option to search for a key word in the column to define the results. The...

email disappears after opening
When I log into my email account and open up any new emails that I recieved, they disappear when I either click on any of my other folders or when I close my email application. When I log in the next time all of the previous emails that I had opened are gone. I do not recall changing any settings that would cause this. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I'm not sure of the version but I have Vista as my programming software and it's Windows Mail. Debbie While in the Inbox: View | Current View. Check: Show All Messages, not Hide Read Messages. -- Bru...

excel 2000 Program error
When try to work on excel sheet I get this error "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. you will need to restrat the program. An error log is being created" Thx Seenu ...

WLM Windows 7
I have just started using WLM and Calender in Windows 7. However, it keep getting the following message " "Something unexpected has happened and Windows Live mMail has had to close down". My imported contacts also disappeared (now reimported) and it seems to happen when I have Calender open (but I'm not sure that it always happens when it is open). I have looked for fixes and tried the following: On AVG I removed the email scanning option. (Failed to work) I have uninstalled AVG and replaced it with Microsoft Security Essentials (Failed to work) In tools...

Outlook opening sound
Hello, all. I have both windows XP Pro and Mac computers. I have office on both of them. On the macintosh, Outlook opens with a really cool sound. I have duplicated, actually bettered the sound, with my keyboard, however, I don't know if Outlook for windows supports a sound when opening the program. I hope someone can tell me if it is possible to insert a sound when Outlook opens. Thanks ALL No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account w...

Problem opening Publisher attachments
We have a strange problem with a user running XP Pro, Outlook 2003 and Publisher 2003... He can open Publisher 2003 & 2002 email attachments from within Outlook. He can't open Publisher 2000 & 98 email attachments - Publisher produces an error report to send to MS. He has to save them to the hard drive, then open them by double-clicking or by opening in Publisher. Can anyone please help? -- Regards, John jkane@camozzi.co.uk Correct operation. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" ...

opened product can't register
I just bought a HP iPAQ and It works great! The only problem is that it was an already opened item. Everything works great but the softwear. It came with Microsoft Outlook 2002 so I can sync some of my emails and data. Well turns out the previous owner installed Outlook 2002 so now it's saying that I can't register because i'm the 2nd one to try. I don't know what i should do. I'd think that microsoft could help me out here but i've tried going through the help circut and i keep getting cought up saying the product was "purchased under an Original Equ...

AWStats config errors for logging Exchange 2003
Using the AWStats FAQ on sf.net, I setup a awstats.mail.conf file to pull the message tracking logs from an Exchange 2003 SP1 server. Here is the log format taht http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_faq.html#MAIL specified: LogFormat="%time2 %email %email_r %host %host_r %method %url %code %bytesd" and Log Seperator of: LogSeparator=" " However, when running, it tells me 1/2 are dropped and 1/2 are corrupted. I've never tried awstats with exchange, so not sure if the log format line was designed for a eariler version of exchange. Below is perl output, and ...

Still have file opening problem
My laptop has the following problem...click on a shortcut to or an Excel 97 file icon and Excel opens but not the file. If I open Excel and then go to File/Open....any of the files will open fine. I now have latest Zone Alarm and have removed and reinstalled Excel several times but same difficulty keeps occuring. Have also tried "unregserver/regserver" but no luck with that either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. check the properties of your icon (right click) and what do you see for filename or program. -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site chan...