Extracting Names & Info from an Outlook distribtuion list to Excel

I would like to export a distribution list from the Global Address list
(Outlook 2002) to either an Excel file or a text file.  Can this be done -
and if so, how???

Thanks!
Cynthia
0
Seattle (4)

No.
The closest you can come is to save it as a txt file.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> I would like to export a distribution list from the Global Address list
> (Outlook 2002) to either an Excel file or a text file.  Can this be done -
> and if so, how???
>
> Thanks!
> Cynthia

0
russval (3097)
11/16/2004 7:23:48 PM
Txt would be fine - how?

Thanks!

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> No.
> The closest you can come is to save it as a txt file.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Cynthia in Seattle" <Cynthia in Seattle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E6DBB5A6-FC5E-49D0-A0BF-0E311DFB2835@microsoft.com...
> > I would like to export a distribution list from the Global Address list
> > (Outlook 2002) to either an Excel file or a text file.  Can this be done -
> > and if so, how???
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Cynthia

Actually since this is a GAL DL, you can't save it. There are some other
approaches listed at http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm#gal

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> No.
> The closest you can come is to save it as a txt file.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Cynthia in Seattle" <Cynthia in Seattle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in
> message news:E6DBB5A6-FC5E-49D0-A0BF-0E311DFB2835@microsoft.com...
>> I would like to export a distribution list from the Global Address list
>> (Outlook 2002) to either an Excel file or a text file.  Can this be
>> done -
>> and if so, how???
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Cynthia

0
suemvp (4038)
11/16/2004 7:33:20 PM
Doesn't the Save as... menu allow you to do that?
Excel will recognize the file as tab delimited. You may need to remove the
name of the DL from the top so Excel can import it correctly.

--
message news:62162B8E-52C9-4E08-B5FC-895B10C87EF4@microsoft.com...
> Txt would be fine - how?
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
> > No.
> > The closest you can come is to save it as a txt file.
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "Cynthia in Seattle" <Cynthia in Seattle@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in
> > message news:E6DBB5A6-FC5E-49D0-A0BF-0E311DFB2835@microsoft.com...
> > > I would like to export a distribution list from the Global Address
list
> > > (Outlook 2002) to either an Excel file or a text file.  Can this be
done -
> > > and if so, how???
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > Cynthia

0
russval (3097)
11/16/2004 7:52:51 PM
So you're saying GAL's are different? I always thought as much.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> Actually since this is a GAL DL, you can't save it. There are some other
> approaches listed at http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm#gal
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>     Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> No.
>> The closest you can come is to save it as a txt file.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Cynthia in Seattle" <Cynthia in Seattle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:E6DBB5A6-FC5E-49D0-A0BF-0E311DFB2835@microsoft.com...
>>> I would like to export a distribution list from the Global Address list
>>> (Outlook 2002) to either an Excel file or a text file.  Can this be
>>> done -
>>> and if so, how???
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Cynthia

0
russval (3097)

Excel not Access

How to export Notes to Excel
Hi all, I would like to export notes contacts with their associated notes. How do i do this in crm 4.0 as i dont see the notes column to add on my view? Thanks -- phumulaniluyandacollinlembede Navigate to Advanced Find and select 'Notes', then export as necessary/appropriate.... -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "Phumulani" wrote: > Hi all, > > I would like to export notes contacts with their associated notes. How do i > do this in crm 4.0 as i dont see the notes column to add on my view? > > Thanks > -- > phumulaniluyandacollinlembede ...

Outlook blocking attachments
I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: > I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with > a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is > that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? > > Thanks, > Dan try here: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm ...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

adding name /creating field/query?

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Reminders in Outlook

Opening Excel Workbooks