Extra lines inserting in replies/forwards

Hi
When I reply or forward Outlook messages, I'm getting about 20 lines (blank)
put in between the replied/forwarded message "Subject" line and the text.
Can anyone help me to stop this?  Thanks.  David

0
dgee (23)

"DG" <dgee@papercontracts.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
> When I reply or forward Outlook messages, I'm getting about 20 lines
> (blank) put in between the replied/forwarded message "Subject" line and
> the text. Can anyone help me to stop this?  Thanks.  David

Is it set to reply with a signature that happens to have or consists of
about 20 blank lines?

0
alan8232 (157)
8/14/2005 10:51:11 PM
Hi. Thanks for the reply but no, there's just a regular signature.  And in
any case, it's inserting the blank lines into previous message - the one I'm
replying to - just above the body of the message!

"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message

> "DG" <dgee@papercontracts.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> When I reply or forward Outlook messages, I'm getting about 20 lines
>> (blank) put in between the replied/forwarded message "Subject" line and
>> the text. Can anyone help me to stop this?  Thanks.  David
>>

> Is it set to reply with a signature that happens to have or consists of
> about 20 blank lines?

0
dgee (23)
8/15/2005 7:55:15 AM
In case anyone else is interested, I've sorted this: I was using MS Word as
the email editor, and my normal.dot template had a series of blank lines in
it.  Just removed them and all's OK.
Regards
David

> Hi. Thanks for the reply but no, there's just a regular signature.  And in
> any case, it's inserting the blank lines into previous message - the one
> I'm replying to - just above the body of the message!
>

> "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
>>
>> "DG" <dgee@papercontracts.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>> When I reply or forward Outlook messages, I'm getting about 20 lines
>>> (blank) put in between the replied/forwarded message "Subject" line and
>>> the text. Can anyone help me to stop this?  Thanks.  David
>>>

>> Is it set to reply with a signature that happens to have or consists of
>> about 20 blank lines?

0
dgee (23)

Cannot reply or forward Lotus Notes based emails
I have Outlook 2003. I cannot reply or forward messages from people who use Lotus Notes. (The system hangs and says something like the smtp server did not respond) If I retype or copy the message into a new Outlook email I can send it to anyone including those who use Lotus Notes for their email. What could be the problem? ...

Forward Declaration in CWinApp
VC++6 I'm using the stl bitset in a function in my App class. In order to do so, I #include <bitset> in the App's header file. The problem is that it slows the compile time down from 2 to 5 minutes. Is there any way I can use a forward declaration for the bitset? I tried using "class bitset;", but the code results in errors. I have been using the way you have mentioned it for some time and it does not slow down compiling. I use "using namespace std" in the cpp file though. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Jack Rabbit" <jac...

How do I edit the subject line of emails that I've received?
I used to be able to edit the subject line of my received emails that are in my Inbox. Some people do not know how to compose a helpful subject line. :) Somehow I hit the wrong key or the wrong button, and now my ability to edit is gone. I can't figure out how to do it again, and I can't find it in Help topics. I might not be searching for the correct phrase, though. Any help would be SO appreciated. Thanks! Reply to the email, change the Subject line and then close it, saving the changes. "e11en" <e11en@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Extra pages printing
My report is printing additional pages? The report is created from a query, the query has a few tables with joins, nothing fancy. When the report is run is gives me: A. monthly totals "=Count(IIf(Month([IssueCloseDate])=1,1,Null)) B. =Sum(Abs([Days]<30........ C. =IIf([Text58]=0,0,[Text45]/[Text58]) Nothing too fancy again.. For some reason if the person had a total of 10 it returns 10 pages. I only want 1 page showing a total of 10 (each page does say 10 but prints 10 pages)... The sorting/grouping is only by person grouped on each value.. Please help - I've spent way too mu...

Pivot Chart, line graph w/ multiple series
I have columns of cust, year, est sales, actual sales. Customer is put in page area, year is put on category axis. I can add est sales to data area and will have one line. But when I add the actual sales to the data area, it does not show as a line, but adds itself to the category x axis. Am I missing something? If you are adding the field directly on to the PivotChart, consider using the associated PivotTable. Is the 'actual sales' column part of the data field or one of the the row/column fields? Ensure it is a data field. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel ww...

Insert .psd in Publisher 2003
I'm trying to insert a logo that is a .psd into Publisher. When I hit insert, it asks me what I'm trying to convert from. What do I do? Is it possible to insert a photoshop file, or do I need to convert it first? You'll need to change the format of the Photoshop file before you insert it in your document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F8C6E5D-C83E-4FEC-92D8-CFA24A00AA92@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to ...

How do you create a cumulative line graph?
I would like to know how to create a cumulative Line Graph in Word or Excel. Please advise. great a separate column where you accumulate your numbers, then graph that. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7AB36D6-9329-4C9B-98C3-5EDCAEE3C5F4@microsoft.com... > I would like to know how to create a cumulative Line Graph in Word or Excel. > Please advise. Another possibility (although you said line) is to create an Area chart. Select the stacked option in the Chart wizard. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Ray" <...

insert row when cell full, auto wrap
Hi there, I used this code in ver 2003 to insert a row and wrap text in a cell..BUT, it does not work in ver 2007. Any ideas? Much appreciated. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim NewRwHt As Single Dim cWdth As Single, MrgeWdth As Single Dim c As Range, cc As Range Dim ma As Range With Target If .MergeCells And .WrapText Then Set c = Target.Cells(1, 1) cWdth = c.ColumnWidth Set ma = c.MergeArea For Each cc In ma.Cells MrgeWdth = MrgeWdth + cc.ColumnWidth Next Application.ScreenUpdating = False ma.MergeCells = False c.ColumnWidth = ...

Is there a way to delete multiple lines at the same time beside u.
Please let me know if there is other ways to delete multiple lines at the same time without using the Ctl key. Thank you. Hi Cherry are the lines adjacent to one another? if so just drag down the row numbers and then right mouse click & choose delete .. .if they're not adjacent and you don't want to use the Ctrl key to select them, how are you going to identify which rows you want to delete? -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "cherry" <cherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD...

Problem with view worksheets and the lines overwriting each other
When I go into the worksheets like the Schedule C Tax worksheet the lines overwrite themself. For example The main heading and the description overwrite each other and therefore I canot click on the main heading. This had happened to me in 2003, 2004 and 2005. Is there a setting that I have to have set-up in Windows? Gee, I didn't see this on M05. Read http://umpmfaq.info.faqdb.php?q=117. "Milt" <milton_burdsall@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:396401c4af01$69d150d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I go into the worksheets like the Schedule C Tax > worksheet t...

outlook other than inbox save replies messages with original messages
I have outlook 2002 I hae two personal folder files; one personal one business. All email goes into the personal in box and then gets filtered. When I reply to a message, it goes to the sent folder and not the same folder I replied from. It is turned on in the options. It will work properly in the personal (main) .pst file, but not when the email goes to the business .pst file. ...

Outlook 2003 HTML Reply Selection Spell Check Bug
I received an email in Outlook. The email was in HTML format. I started a reply to the message. I then selected only part of the reply text and hit F7 to check the spelling of the selection (selected text only). A message box pops up stating "Finished checking the selection. Do you want to check the rest of the item?" There were obvious misspelled words that simply were not checked. If I say Yes to "check the rest of the item" the misspelled words are found as would be expected. If the reply is only one word (not likely normally) and you select it and check spelling...

persistent error for altered or nonexistent line
When I am getting a persistent error (in an imported C header), even when the particular line has been commented out, edited or even removed, where is the error coming from, and how can I flush it? c:\hand in hand\test\vorbisfile.h(27) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'codec.h': No such file or directory "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:OKDr%23BFdFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > When I am getting a persistent error (in an imported C header), even when > the particular line has been commented out, edi...

How to modify specific lines in a .ini file?
Hello, When writing multiple values to a .ini file I'm familiar with the following basic code: Open "c:\my.ini" For Output As #1 Print #1, "1" Print #1, "2" Print #1, "3" Close #1 Is there a way to modify/write values to specific lines only, for example modifying the "2" value on line 2 to "5", without overwriting the other lines with their unchanged values? Thanks for any feedback! Jim You basically need to open the file and read the file until you get to the specific row you are looking for then writ...

Ability to insert a row to the Payroll Quick Entry
I would like to make the following suggestion with respect to the Payroll Canada. I was wondering if the functionality in the Payroll Qiuck Entry could allow the user to insert a row when entering hours. Presently we have the ability to delete a row but not insert a row. If you are making adjustments to an individual employee you can't insert a row you have to do the adjustments at the bottom of the page. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&...

Vertical line in chart
Hi, I create a line chart with three different lines. The x- axis is used to show the status of items over a number of weeks (planned, revised, finished). I wan to insert a vertical line in sheet, showing current week. Tips? On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for adding lines to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine Konpego wrote: > I create a line chart with three different lines. The x- > axis is used to show the status of items over a number of > weeks (planned, revised, finished). I wan to insert a > vertical line in...

Cannot Insert Object
Hi all I'm having trouble inserting a .msg outlook file into an Excel workbook, can anyone please advise as to why I'm getting this error. Many thanks Badger -- BadgerMK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BadgerMK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511023 ...

Can't open excel or word documents (says insert sm bus cd?)
I have been running Windows XP for over a year without a problem, but now I can not open any of my Excel or Word or Outlook documents because it says that I need to insert my small business cd. I don't have that cd. This has happened once before and I just used my system restore function and it was fine, but that won't even work this time. HELP!! ~~Angela @ angela27@iglide.net ...

how do you insert an element into an xml document with namespace
perfix? <bac:BACnetDevice APDUTimeout='' ApplicationSoftwareVersion='' FirmwareRevision='' InstanceNumber='3744' MaxAPDULengthAccepted='' ModelName='' NumberOfAPDURetries='' ProtocolConformanceClass='' ProtocolObjectTypesSupported='' ProtocolServicesSupported='' ProtocolVersion='' SegmentationSupported='' VendorIdentifier='' VendorName='' xmlns:bac='http://www.teletrol.com/BACnet'> <bac:BACnetPoints> <bac:baseAnalogInput EventState='0' Insta...

How do I insert a picture within an Excel comment box?
How do I insert a picture within an Excel comment box? There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture Roy White wrote: > How do I insert a picture within an Excel comment box? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Gaps in Line Chart
I have a line chart wherein my data for the line is in A1:A100... and my data for the date is B1:B100 NO PROBLEM Every 15 days, i.e. in rows A15:A17, B15:B17 A32:A35, B32:B35...etc. I have gaps in my data for informational purposes (in other words, I have headers for the columns, such as DATE, VALUE, AVERAGE, etc.) At present, my chart is an unbroken line...i.e., the gaps are as if they weren't there. However, now when I extend my "SOURCE DATA" TO INCLUDE MORE ROWS AS FOLLOWS: Data in A1:A150 ...

automate 5 lines in a single column to 5 columns across
I want to build a database. I've extracted some text from my group's phone directory. It comes out in one column with name on the first line, address on the second line, city, state, zip on the third line and phone on the fourth line. I'm trying to figure out a way to automate getting the info broken up into columns. I want to create a formula that will allow me to highlight 4 or 5 lines and then break those lines into 4 or 5 columns. My list has hundeds of names so cut and paste is a bit tedious. Is there such a way to do this? This should work with a single-block selection Sub...

Inserting fractions
How do I format fractions (such 1/8, 2/3) that are not available under "insert/symbol"? I have tried using superscript and subscript on the denominators, but the fraction looks different? Any ideas? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Kristen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > How do I format fractions (such 1/8, 2/3) that are not > available under "insert/symbol"? I have tried using > superscript and subscript on the denominators, but the > fraction looks different? Insert > Object > Microsoft Equ...

Multi-User Forwarding Email Account
Hello, Not sure if anyone has an easy solution to help relieve some of the annoyances of this issue. The problem is I have 2 users who monitor our sales account, one monitors the account while the other is traveling. I have it setup so the sales email is forwarded to Person A, and they have to email me whenever they wish it to be forwarded to the other Person B. I am usually working on at least 4 things so small items such as this I tend to forget (completely my fault) so does anyone out there have ways they deal with this type of issue? Could I write a vbscript to switch back and forth? I...