Express

Can I import Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2000?
Express seems to use dbx extensions and 2000 doesnt
recognize them.

Thom
0
tlaybourne (25)

Either in OE go to File-Export or in Outlook go to File-Import and export.

"Thom" <tlaybourne@hyspan.com> wrote in message
> Can I import Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2000?
> Express seems to use dbx extensions and 2000 doesnt
> recognize them.
>
> Thom

0
me9 (928)
11/13/2003 6:31:31 PM
Ok.  What do you select for IMPORT?  OR  What do you
select for EXPORT TO..

I can export to Excel but it errors during import.  I can
export to delimited file and only get that object.

Can you be more specific?

Thom
0
tlaybourne (25)
11/13/2003 8:57:12 PM
In OE if you select File-Export it will ONLY export to Outlook.

And please quote the post you are replying to as otherwise it makes the
thread very difficult to follow.
I am assuming you are replying to a post of mine.

> Ok.  What do you select for IMPORT?  OR  What do you
> select for EXPORT TO..
>
> I can export to Excel but it errors during import.  I can
> export to delimited file and only get that object.
>
> Can you be more specific?
>
> Thom

0
me9 (928)

Outlook to Outlook Express. Help!
I'm really at my wits end. When I left my old job they burned a cd for me of all my Outlook messages, contacts etc. but when I tried to load the .pst files on to my laptop at home I quickly found it I wasn't able to as I only have Outlook Express. I now live in another country and not able to ask my old IT dept for help. Does anyone know what can be done now? I've posted this question on a chat site before and the responses I receive always related to transferring OE files to Outlook. I am trying to go the other way i.e. converting Outlook files to be read on to Outlook ...

Suddenly cannot receive mail through outlook express
I cannot receive my e-mail. As I open mail, I get this error message: "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK', Port: 110, Secure (SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" I have been through the phone tech help nighmare at Microsoft and HP, trying to get it figured out...any ideas? Thank you so much. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 9...

connect to SQL Server DB from VWD express
Hi All- I created a SQL server database through VWD express earlier today. I then imported data into one of the tables with the SQL server import data wizard. Next, I attached the database to SQL server management studio express. Then I detached. Now, I cannot get VWD to connect back to the db. I now get this error when trying to connect through VWD: The database "XXXXXXXXX" cannot be opened because it is version 661. This server supports version 655 and earlier. A downgrade path is not supported. Could not open new database "XXXXXXXXX" CREATE DATABASE...

Outlook Express doesn't logon
Whenever I click on Logon button,the screen popups back.I'm able to logon to my email a/c using IE.I have recreated a/c in OE,created dialer but still the logon screen comes back.I've reinstalled OE.Even spoke to my ISP who provides email service.I'm using OE6 on Win XP M/C. Thanks in Advance Peter Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express new...

Expression with wrong number of arguments??
Hi, please can you help me see the error? This is my query qryChartTest CountOfEmployeesName PMonth Total Hours ContractualHrs HrsToDo OT40+ OT50+ 1 Mar 07 258 200 205 I am trying to define the hours that are over the ContractualHrs but less than HrsToDo and then the same for Hours over HrsToDo. Sum(IIf([Total Hours]>([ContractualHrs]*[CountOfEmployeesName]),[Total Hours]-([ContractualHrs]*[CountOfEmployeesName])),IIf([Total Hours]>[HrsToDo],[HrsToDo]-([ContractualHrs]*[CountOfEmployeesName])), 0) Thanks We can'...

Outlook Express 6 opens dialup window even when Internet is available
I am configuring a PC for my mother and I am having trouble with the Internet connaction. The Win2000 Pro PC is currently connected to a home LAN behind an ADSL firewall. It also has a built-in modem, which I have used to create a connectiod for dialup access to the Internet, primarily for my mother when the PC is moved to her home. But now, when I am working on the PC on the home LAN and the ethernet cable is attached and I can easily ping the internet the dialup dialogue always pops up whenever I want to do something against an internet resource. I have changed the IE6 connection settings t...

Can outlook 97 be on a Win 95 machine be upgraded to outlook express?
No. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...

outlook express #73
I have an identity on OE that requires a password and yet when i start up OE it does not promt for a pw. Anyone who uses my computer has access to all my accounts. I have had the same problem with win xp and 2000, both pro. I have checked all settings 5 times and downloaded all updates. The "require password" box is checked for the identity and there is only one identity on the machine. However I can start the computer and go right into OE without a pw. Any help would be appreciated <fake_em@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:010f01c3ac7b$b1a6cf40$a401280a@phx.gbl... &...

Excel, Percentof row D6:d13 with "Y" expressed in E5
How do I get a percent of D6:D13 with the letter "Y" in E5? hi try this.... =COUNTIF(D6:D13,"y")/COUNTA(D6:D13) this formula assumes that D6:D13 is all text. Regards FSt1 "Magic1" wrote: > How do I get a percent of D6:D13 with the letter "Y" in E5? oops you said "y" was in E5....so..... =COUNTIF(D6:D13,E5)/COUNTA(D6:D13) regards FSt1 "FSt1" wrote: > hi > try this.... > =COUNTIF(D6:D13,"y")/COUNTA(D6:D13) > > this formula assumes that D6:D13 is all text. > Regards > FSt1 > > "Magic...

Table name in Expression builder not allowed?
I tried to do a simple calculation (on a form) but fail to understand this: =[UnitPrice]*[Quantity] works, however if I use the Tables list from (below) and construct the formula it shows as: [OrderDetails].UnitPrice * [OrderDetails].Quantity and it does not work. I get #Name error When field names are written as [UnitPrice] is it not a standard practice to name them as such? Somewhere I also see [OrderDetails]![UnitPrice] notation. Why? Thanks "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in news:O9MdHWQEIHA.5752@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > I tried to do a simple calculation ...

Migrate from Outlook 2007 to Outlook Express?
Is there an easy way to move email account settings, and email folders, from Outlook 2007 to Outlook Express? I really don't like Outlook 2007 and don't use enough Outlook features to merit moving back to Outlook 2003. Import in OE? "Noozer" <dont.spam@me.here> wrote in message news:ec2cI8$oHHA.3772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to move email account settings, and email folders, from > Outlook 2007 to Outlook Express? > > I really don't like Outlook 2007 and don't use enough Outlook features to > merit moving back to Outlo...

Outlook and Outlook Express Simutaneously
Can I run both Outlook and Outlook Express at the same time? I've been using Outlook 2002 or 2003 for a year or so with my external (non corporate e-mail). Recently, my company switched to Lotus Notes to Outlook (FINALLY!!!). However, they locked down the profiles and when I go to add my external (non corporate) e-mail so I can have everything in one place, the Server Type screne is all greyed out (inactive). So, I've decided to move all my calendaring, contacts, and todos over to the corporate exchange server (utilizing exports of PSTs and imports into the new profile)...

Changing from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007
We have currently added the Outlook 2007 package but I do not know how to change my email account from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007. Can anyone help with this? -- Tonya On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:53:01 -0800, Tonya <Tonya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have currently added the Outlook 2007 package but I do not know how to >change my email account from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007. Can anyone >help with this? Probably not on this forum, which is for a different program, Microsoft Access. Please repost your question in a forum supporting Outlook. -...

Convert expression to code
Hi All, I have a conditional formatting expression i would like to convert to code, and need some help! I want the code to be in the OnOpen event of a report (called rptAllInformation). If the value of [DIA FORM ISSUED] is more than 6 weeks ago, and [DIA RESPONSE RECEIVED] is null, then label (lblOverdueWarning) becomes visible At the moment the expresson is: [DIA RESPONSE RECEIVED] Is Null And [DIA FORM ISSUED]<DateAdd("w",-6,Date()) Can anyone help? Kirstie "Kirstie Adam" <kirstiea@ecosse.net(nospam)> wrote: >Hi All, > >I have a conditiona...

outlook and outlook express on windows xp
I have multiple family members on windows xp with separate user accounts. I want some to use outlook and others to use outlook express. Everytime I try to set outlook or outlook express as the default in one user account all of the accounts change to the same default. Is there a solution to this problem? AFAIK, only one e-mail program can be the default per machine...sorry. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Scamp" <scampj@rcn...

Outlook Express will not send receipt
I have Windows Me, Outlook Express 5.0. I receive emails that request a receipt; I checked send receipt always and tried checking ask me first. It tries to send a receipt but then says something like "outlook was unable to send the receipt" It doesn't tell me why or how to fix it. Can anyone help? Thanks. ...

Expression to enter data from one column 2 multiple columns in a q
I am working with data in a table that includes records for multiple years per ID. I want to create a query that creates a separate column of information for each year so I can see data for each ID over multiple years and I'm not sure how to write an expression that wont filter out subssequent information. Here’s how the data is in a table: ID Period Result 1 2007 Effective 1 2006 Effective 1 2005 Ineffective Here’s how I want it on the query: Control ...

Expression Web
Hi Clive: Here you go. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/securedownloads/details/defau lt.aspx?pm=pid%3a65%7CLk:t Go to his place and log him on from there, so he burns his bandwidth instead of yours :-) Take a re-writeable CD with you if he hasn't got one. The download arrives as an .iso file. The simplest thing to do is to simply burn the damn thing onto a CD and install from there. Otherwise, there's an application named ISOBuster you can download that enables you to mount an ISO as if it "were" a CD. The free version enables installation from within ...

Outlook Express #166
Hi, I've just upgraded from '98 to XP. I've saved all my old important E-Mail messages (the whole microsoft file that incorporates all the local folders etc). I know I've re- instated these E-Mails through @98 before. But I haven't got a clue how to do it using XP. Any ideas please? Best Regards Darren Darren <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've just upgraded from '98 to XP. I've saved all my old > important E-Mail messages (the whole microsoft file that > incorporates all the local folders etc). I know I've re- > i...

Outlook Express problem #7
Trying my wife's Dell laptop for the first time, I note that OE will reject every incoming email that has an attachment. Message is "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:" followed by the name of the message. I even sent one to myself with an attachment and it rejected that. Nothing in the help file on this, can you point me in the right direction? Phil ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ In article <Phil99.y9d...

I want to change to Outlook Express to recieve email
MS Outlook is not receiving my incoming mail. I want to change to Outlook Express. How do I do this?? Open Internet Explorer.. go to Tools - Internet Options - Programs and set Outlook Express as your default mail handler.. Now go to this website for instructions on how to set up OE as your mail client.. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/using/howto/oe/setup.mspx -- Mike Hall MS-MVP Windows Shell/User "loislab" <loislab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C863CF86-BEA7-4F4E-81A4-BF7DE99D7884@microsoft.com... > MS Outlook is not receiving my i...

Is there a way to pass expression by variable? thanks
For example, I can call <xsl:value-of select="concat('name','(',value,')')"/>, is there anyway I can pass the expression concat('name','(',value,')') as a variable from outside the template? Thanks. david wrote: > For example, I can call <xsl:value-of > select="concat('name','(',value,')')"/>, is there anyway I can pass the > expression concat('name','(',value,')') as a variable from outside the > template? Nope. XSLT is compiled language and doesn...

How do I designate Outlook Express instead of Outlook for default
In Outlook express it is showing as the default, but after adding Office, a comment indicating that I need to make Outlook the default keeps popping up when I turn on the computer. If you have WinXP, run the following command to easily set the options control appwiz.cpl,,3 "Kathy F" <Kathy F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD5DCC6C-A5E2-4363-85FE-87812F01E117@microsoft.com... > In Outlook express it is showing as the default, but after adding Office, > a > comment indicating that I need to make Outlook the default keeps popping > up > wh...

Exporting and archiving messages from outlook express to another computer
How can I export saved messages from outlook express on one computer to outlook on another computer. The export function doesn't seem to give an option to create a file. Also how can I archive saved messages to a file or CD-R ?? Thanks so much On Fri, 6 May 2005 20:27:03 -0700, "Michael Samsel" <moleman@speakeasy.org> wrote: >How can I export saved messages from outlook express on one computer to >outlook on another computer. The export function doesn't seem to give an >option to create a file. Also how can I archive saved messages to a file or >...

American Express now on Yoddle ??
Hello All, I have been using Money to directly download all my transactions in to Money for a long time. It worked even in 2005 until a week ago. And then suddenly it started to error out. My accounts with other institutions still get updated. I then tried to cancel the Amex online service and re-enroll. I now see a new account being created in Money. When I tried to merge this with my actual account, it shows up duplicate entries, and cannot merge transactions. Wonder if anyone knows why this is happening Thanks SPC ...