Exporting public folder information

We use Outlook 2003 on oure exchange server and are having a problem with
our Public Folders. I am trying to export the contacts in a folder called
Office Rolodex. to an Excel spreadsheet. However, when I use the export
function, the Office Rolodex Folder does not show up. Any ideas?

0
johnwalsh1 (10)

Duplicate Personal Folders appearance
I'm using Outlook 2003 and see at the bottom of my personal folders list, another personal folders with the "+" sign against it. If I try and click the "+" I get the message "The set of folders could not be opened" Although only mildly annoying, I would like to get rid of this. Any help appreciated. Peter Posting from Peter Rogers Replace NOSPAM with ntlworld to reply Your mail profile has been corrupted. Create a new one here: Control Panel->Mail Icon->Show Profiles->Add. Do not copy your old one. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all...

public/free busy
I can't seem to turn off the public/free busy thing. It keeps beeping at me telling me the the update of the operation has failed. How do I get it to stop? ...

How Can I Schedule Emails in Draft Folder to be Sent?
I am wondering how to accomplish this. Often times, I have some emails drafted to be sent at certain times. I tried to locate how to schedule the sending of emails... but could not find any workaround, if anyone of you guys happen to have come across this, please let me know...thanks a lot... ...

Permission problem with public folder
Exchange 2000, Outlook 2000 (Office 2000) clients. Heres what happened: I exported the public folder to a pst file from the old Exchange 2000 server. Logged on as administrator on the new exchange server, I imported the file to the public folder on the new server. When I attempt to change information logged on as a user, I get the following error: "Your changes could not be saved because you don't have permission to modify some or all of the items in this folder. Do you want to save a copy of this item in the default folder fot the item?" I went into Outlook and set the ...

Setting Hotmail as Default Folder
Is there a way to make my Hotmail folder the default folder? As it is now, after Outlook opens I have to click on the Hotmail folder to get to my Hotmail Inbox. I would also like to use all the features that are in the normal Outlook folder, e.g., Calendar, Contacts, etc. What version of Outlook???? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, DaveP asked: | Is there a way to make my Hotmai...

shared public folder redirects to outlook public folder
For over a year now, we've had a public folder on our PDC that was shared as \\server\public ... and it has worked fine from all our client computers (Win2K and WinXP). Today, a user on an XP machine started having trouble mapping to the public drive. Instead of the "public" directory on the PDC, he was being mapped to the *public folders* in outlook (I suppose that would be "M:\org\Public Folders" ... Any idea what's going on? I tried to replicate it on other machines but all the other machines did what they always did, which is map to the "public" di...

Public Folder Archiving
I would like to set up an autoarchive facility for public folders on an exchange server 2003. Ideally I would like it to automatically clean out items older than three months to an outlook data file (.pst). Will I need to purchase software that can do this. We are not a big firm but do generate a huge amount of mail that for legal reasons need to be kept for 12 years. I have found MS Exchange Server Archiving Agent on TechNet but no information on whether this will do what I want or whether it will even work on anything later than exchange 5.5 Any help much appreciated Several vendors...

No Offline Folders button
I can't set up my Outlook to use Offline Folders. I've gone to Tools|Email Accounts|Change|More Settings|Advanced tab...there is not a button there for "Offline Folder Settings..." I have seen this button on a friend's Outlook. I am using Office XP (Outlook 2002) with the new Exchange server 2003. Outlook is running on an application server that is Windows 2003 Server. Any ideas? Is this mail profile set up to access an Exchange mailbox? VCR wrote: > I can't set up my Outlook to use Offline Folders. I've > gone to Tools|Email Accounts|Change|More &g...

How to pull back information(taxes,customer payment history)
Hello, We send GP customer bills using SOP transactions using e-connect once a month. I send them in Batches. GP calculates taxes for us. All is well and working. Question 1: How do I pull back taxes for the SOP items that have been posted for a given customer for a given month and product? I am going to use this tax information to generate our bills for the customers. Which requester object would you use for this? If not what tables should I directly pull this info from? Question 2: In the front end application, I am trying to build a screen where I dsiplay customer payment history,...

folder refresh
In XP sp3, when I delete files in any directory I have to click on F5 key to get new folder content otherwise I see all previous files. Suggestions ? Riccardo wrote: > In XP sp3, when I delete files in any directory I have to click on F5 > key to get new folder content otherwise I see all previous files. > Suggestions ? So press F5. Or just ignore the phantom files. -- dadiOH ____________________________ dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.v...

Search Folders #3
Dear Sirs, I have created a search folder to search a public folder in a general public folder tree, unfortunately newly added items to the search folder are not searched even after this public folder is indexed till the search folder is deleted and recreated. What could I be doing wrong? Regards, Yahya ...

How to delete Suggested Matches from "Search for Files and Folders"
Deleting Suggested Matches in Internet Explorer does not seem to be difficult, but how to do the same when "Search for Files and Folders" in Windows Me? When I go to "Containing Text" it issues a list of Suggested Matches, can anyone help? Thank you, Boy. ...

Webport export to excel
It would be nice to be able to export reports to excel. Since FRx can already export to excel, the option should be fairly easy to generate using WebPort. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/...

How to make caledar publicly accessible via OWA?
I would like to make the calendar opf a resource (a meeting room) publicly available (i.e. no authentication required) via OWA. We're running Exchange 2000 with a E2k3 front end servers. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks! -GT This is what i have done. In public folders i created a folder called Calender and using outlook i dragged my regular calender over to that folder. Now i have a public calender that everyone in my organization can see and use. Let me know if this helps Curt "GT" <DSS4u@+++nospam+++HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:<h2hHb.16518$d%1.37292...

Outlook--Sending a Copy of a Message to a Specific Folder
I have gone through most of the posts but have not found satisfactory solution for the following problem: - I want to copy the sent email to a specific folder, instead of 'Sent Items'. I have multiple folders under "Mailbox- <user id>" tree and have also created archive PST folders which are shown outside the "Mailbox- <user id>" tree. I found code at the following site: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm This does everything I want except, when I specify the pst folder, it does not copy the sent email to the specified folder under p...

Public Folder #5
Is there a simple way to allow meeting invites sent to a group email address (on public folder) to be accepted, tentative or declined and appear on a group calendar (on public folder) as opposed to my personal calendar? ...

how to export email account in OL2002
how to export or save email accounts so you can import them back after you reinstall your windows/office? Thanks, ...

Would like to delete a folder I added to Folder List in Outlook 2002
HELP says: 1. In the Folder List, click the folder you want to delete. 2. On the File menu, point to Folder, and then click Delete 'Folder Name'. After clicking the folder I want to delete and going to File | Folder, there is no delete option available. There is a Delete Outlook Today option, but it is grayed out. How can I delete the folder I added? TIA I always use right click, delete.... Are you using the folder list or the outlook bar? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual Quick...

Open an Outlook folder when a user clicks on a command button ...
Looking for a way to open a specific Outlook folder when a user clicks on a command button in Excel. If Outlook is not currently running, I also need the code to launch Outlook and then go to the specified folder. Is this possible? Anyone any ideas please? Many thanks for your time. Rob. Here is a sample that would open the Contacts folder. After opening the VBE editor, you would set a reference to Microsoft Outlook nn Object Library (in my case, nn is 11.0). Then the following routine would display the Contacts folder. Sub ShowContacts() Dim olApp As Outlook.Application Dim olNS A...

UNICODE Export with different Separator?
Hi, when exporting from EXCEL with file type UNICODE the columns are seperated with TABS. How can I change this separator to semikolon? WINDOWS XP Professional SP2 with EXCEL 2002 SP2 Thanks, Ernst There is no way to change Excel's behavior, so you'd need to use a macro to create the file you want. I don't have one that creates unicode files unfortunately. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Ernst F. Schulz" <ernst.schulz@sap.com> wrote in message news:cecssh$d7n$1@news1.wdf.sap-ag.de... | Hi, | | when exporting from EXCEL with file type UNICODE the columns are seper...

Unable to fully restore Outlook 2003 mail and folders
I'm trying to restore my Outlook 2003 mail following a hard drive crash and reinstallation of Windows XP Professional. I had used Outlook Personal Folders Backup shortly before the failure, so I had a recent set up backup files, presumably for all of my folders. Once I reinstalled Windows and Office 2003, I created new user accounts for myself and family. When I create a new account for myself, a data file is created (outlook4.pst for example). I copied all of my saved PST files into the ...local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook where the new data file was created, delet...

how to extract mail from Public Folder?
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. I am trying to restore e-mails and postings from a public folder called Test. I've restored it on the Recovery Server in a separate test enviroment. How can I extract these mail so I can put it back in the TEST public folder in the production environment? Please Advise. DM "DM" <diem123@yahoo.com> wrote in news:OIJ5UqFYEHA.3012@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook > 2003. > > I am trying to restore e-mails and postings from...

Automatically Copy Information when data is entered
I have the following code in events of one tab of a spreadsheet. It copies from the line above. I need it to copy a formula in the cells L1:V1. Please show me where I should change the code to make it accomplish this task. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) 'when entering data in a cell in Col J On Error GoTo enditall Application.EnableEvents = True If Target.Cells.Column = 10 Then N = Target.Row If Me.Range("j" & N).Value <> "" Then With Me.Range("L" & N) .Value = ...

SQL to export query into table
Is there an SQL code or command in MS Access that allows me to export query results into an table. I'm not worried about the redundancy part as it's a small table. The problem is, I am not able to update a table using data from a querry that has joins with other table. Thanks mario wrote: >Is there an SQL code or command in MS Access that allows me to export query >results into an table. I'm not worried about the redundancy part as it's a >small table. The problem is, I am not able to update a table using data from >a querry that has joins with ot...

Exporting Data From Query Into Excel
How can I have this process automatically done to have the data from a query after it's been ran to be exported into Excel in a specified location? -- Sincerely, Ronald R. Dodge, Jr. Master MOUS 2000 I have done some research on this method. While this method looks promising, there's one limitation. It states one MUST leave the "Range" argument as blank, when exporting data. The other thing I'm looking for, putting data from a query into a worksheet, which the name of the worksheet would be different from the name of the query. Based on the various things ...