Exporting POP settings

Hi, is there a way to export POP account settings from Outlook 2003? So many
email accounts (such as gmail) now have all sorts of security parameters and
no longer use the usual port numbers, etc. I know I can just write them
down, but it would be great if there was something automatic (so
I don't miss anything). I don't understand why you can import email
settings, but not export them.

Thanks for any suggestions.

0
hmchou (4)

Forget it. I found the Save My Settings Wizard (after reading about it
online)

"Hsuan-min Chou" <hmchou@smooth.earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hi, is there a way to export POP account settings from Outlook 2003? So
> many email accounts (such as gmail) now have all sorts of security
> parameters and no longer use the usual port numbers, etc. I know I can
> just write them down, but it would be great if there was something
> automatic (so
> I don't miss anything). I don't understand why you can import email
> settings, but not export them.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

0
hmchou (4)
3/23/2006 4:32:22 PM
You can try using the Office Save My Settings Wizard. It's on the Tools
submenu of the Microsoft Office group on the Start Menu

"Hsuan-min Chou" <hmchou@smooth.earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hi, is there a way to export POP account settings from Outlook 2003? So
> many email accounts (such as gmail) now have all sorts of security
> parameters and no longer use the usual port numbers, etc. I know I can
> just write them down, but it would be great if there was something
> automatic (so
> I don't miss anything). I don't understand why you can import email
> settings, but not export them.

0
vince8328 (2733)

Function to set Date
Hi, I would like to know how to set below equation:- to set the 1-week (i.e Monday) prior to a specific date: e.g. 2009/11/24, i would like to have the output = 2009/11/16 e.g. 2009/12/31, output = 2009/12/21 -- J Hi, Try this. Cell B16 holds the specific date =B16-7-CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(B16-7,2),0,1,2,3,4,5,6) -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "J" <J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A97DB69C-680E-4A4E-95C9-F731BE3BE9D4@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like to know how to set below eq...

Multiple chained FRx reports should export to one excel workbook
Hi, I am chaining about 10 reports and having them all exported to excel using the "Formated Excel" output option on each of the 10 report catalogs. The client wants all 10 reports exported to just one Excel workbook with 10 seperate tabs/worksheets in this one workbook. Thanks JB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-ba...

Microsoft mail set up
The host 'mtnfolks69@msn.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'test', Account: 'www.mhc.edu', Server: 'mtnfolks69@msn.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11003, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D this is the message I receive after several attempts to set up the microsoft office email - not sure what the SMTP is? Go to Tools menu, Accounts. Once you have the Accounts dialogue, double-click your email account. On the first "General" tab, the top line is for yo...

Setting All Calendars to be viewable by default
I want all my users to have reviwer permissions on everyone elses calendars. How do I do this? I have been looknig for days. Maybe im looking in the wrong place. Ken CHeney On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:23:30 -0500, "Ken Cheney" <digexrules@yahoo.com> wrote: >I want all my users to have reviwer permissions on everyone elses calendars. >How do I do this? I have been looknig for days. Maybe im looking in the >wrong place. > >Ken CHeney > Have each user simply set their calendar to default reviewer in OUtlook under the permissions tab for the properties...

Update AutoArchive Settings on Multiple PST Files
Hello, I have a number of pst archives that I need to update the AutoArchive settings. Specifically i need to disable AutoArvhive for all pst files while maintaining my AutoArchive settings for my Exchange account ost. When the daily AutoArchive runs it not only processes my Exchange Mailbox but runs through each pst file. The pst files contain around 100-150 folders each and there 6 pst files. Therefore the AutoArchive process takes quite some time. What i would like to do is loop through each pst file and disable AutoArchive for every item in the pst. I'm familiar with vbscrip...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

setting text qualifier in Excel
I am trying to save an Excel spreadsheet as a .csv file. My problem is that to import this file into a specific database, it needs both comma separators (which I have) AND double quotes as text qualifiers for each field. I open the file in Notepad, and after saving with every available .csv format, the fields do not have quotes as qualifiers. Any ideas? Is this something I need to import and export through Access to add that option or is there a way to do this right from Excel? I have no problem opening a CSV file with quotes as text qualifiers, but it even -resaves those files wit...

Hangs when exporting calendar
Hi, Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer. In Outlook 2003, whenever I try to export my calendar to anything other than a PST file, Outlook hangs. This happens with any date range I try, no matter what events are in that range. This also happened before I upgraded to Outlook 2003. It happened after a reinstall, an uninstall-then-reinstall and a version upgrade. Also, I tried exporting to a PST (the only thing I can do!) and bringing my calendar to another computer. Same thing - Outlook on that computer hung, too! Any ideas? Thanks, Mike ...

Exporting true email addresses..
Hi I'm trying to export the from addresses from a bunch of emails in a certain folder. I find however that the email addresses extracted are something like / O=ABCD and a lot of other stuff... Is there any simple way to export the real email address instead into a excel file or something similar? Thanks a million Regards Luke "We Can Do Whatever We Want If Only We Care Enough" <Luketan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4da6e666-ff6e-436c-8702-cf7f1579a67b@a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I'm trying to export the from addresses from a bunch of emai...

OE to OL export
Sorry to bother you with the precedding plea for HELP. After a little more poking around, I found the Eport>Messages in OE that made my task a lot easier. ...

Comment/Balloon Pops up in Invoice Template
Hi In the invoice template there are a couple of cells that when you click on them a yellow box that looks similar to a comment box appears with instructions for that cell. How do I create and delete these and what exactly are they? Thanks Jon Jon, To add these comments do the following:- Pick the cells/row and/or columns that you want to have these comments appearing on, then select DATA –VALIDATION—Input Message Tab. In this key in the comments that you want to appear and presto they will appear. Please ensure that the TICK box is ticked. To delete one’s that you don’t want, sel...

Setting Outlook settings to new server
We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:15:01 -0800, Rich <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility >or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange >server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. If you are moving the mailboxes in the same org vi...

Setting up OneNote Pages for Printing
I want to set up some OneNote pages as an 8.5x11 printable template. I want to write a book chapter all on ;one' OneNote page. I find when I pass the 8.5x11 print surface the background is gray and while I can continue to write the white "note-taking" surface is gone. I have set my paper sizes to 8.5x11 as that is the format I want when printing out the text but how can I set the 'writing surface' within the page to become viewable??? (I tried adjusting the note frames but that doesn't work.) Can a OneNote page expand beyond the margins of the page ...

how do you set up a mandatory field in Excel?
I need to set up a mandatory field in an Excel Template, can anyone help? Hi this would require vBA. e.g. checking the Beforeclose event -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:77818E14-E83F-4AEE-9475-8EC3096F90C1@microsoft.com... > I need to set up a mandatory field in an Excel Template, can anyone help? Maybe you could have an adjacent cell with a formula like: =if(a1<>"","","Please Fill In A1!") format in nice big red letters. And if you have any important cal...

Paper settings change for specific printer
I just installed access 2007 and my application uses reports to print labels. Specifically a Dymo turbo 400 and 30252 address labels. when i was using acess 2003 i specified to use a specific printer and everything was great. and when i copied updated FrontEnds to my networked computers every thing transfered and the labels printed fine however with 07 the "Specifc printer" has a different page size.. i fixed all the reports on my master FE but the changes didnt stay when i copied FE to other computers and im not sure where to go. i installed all the printers from the s...

Problem with vba code to export query result in excel
Hi, I have a access report that exports to excel with click of a button after choosing parameters. This works well. However I have to modify couple of fields to utilize formula in the export module. I am not sure how to do this. I am writing the above code which seems to cause problem. I appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thanks. Code: If lngColumn = 12 Then xlc.Offset(0, lngColumn).Value = =([UnitPrice]*[OriginalShippedQty])/1000 End If It seems the fields UnitPrice and OrigianalShippedQty are not being recognized here Jack wrote: >Hi, >I have a acces...

Object variable or with block variable not set
Hi, I have this problem every time I try to code anything more complicated than few lines. It occurs for example in following code. Im sure the code is right as I use exactly same code on my second computer. This must be something in excel options or I have no clue ???? Dim PathWinZip As String, FileNameZip As String, FileNameXls As String Dim ShellStr As String, strDate As String Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object PathWinZip = "C:\program files\7-zip\" 'This will check if this is the path where WinZip is installed. If Dir(PathWinZip & ...

Can I set SQL mirroring across WAN?
We have a 100 Mb dedicated DR link to another data center. Want to set up a SQL 2008 database to use mirroring from primary to a standby server at the remote data center. I did a ping test and here is the result. ping -n 100 -l 5120 <target IP> Ping statistics for <target IP> Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 99, Lost = 1 (1% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 11ms is the network latency good enough for database mirroring? Does anyone know the min. requirement? Field experience will be fine too....

exporting to a CD
I would like to export my outlook express address book to the cd drive and put it on a cd for safekeeping. Is there a way to do this? I did it with all the folders , the .dbx files, but can't seem to find a way to do it with the address book. On 07 May 2004 15:41, "Glenn" wrote: >I would like to export my outlook express address book to the cd drive >and put it on a cd for safekeeping. Is there a way to do this? I did it >with all the folders , the .dbx files, but can't seem to find a way to >do it with the address book. > > This newsgroup is for su...

Setting a footer in all worksheets
How can I set a footer in all worksheets? I have a 100. Hi - select all your worksheets (e.g. hold down the SHIFT key and select the first and last worksheet) - goto 'File - Pagesetup' and apply your header/footer -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Sticker wrote: > How can I set a footer in all worksheets? I have a 100. On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:58:05 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >- select all your worksheets (e.g. hold down the SHIFT key and select >the first and last worksheet) >- goto 'File - Pagesetup' an...

Code about setting Y Axes scale.
I couldn't understand the lines between 35-42, why he thought the dbMinScale after the change is the one he want. What the logic of this code section. Any one who could understand please help me. thanks in advance!:) Private Sub USP_SetYAxesScal(ByVal i_strWSName As String, ByVal i_strChartName As String, Optional ByVal i_intDecimal As Integer = 2) Dim dbMaxScale As Double, dbMinScale As Double, i As Integer, j As Integer Dim xTargetChart As Chart, vTemp() As Variant, blnInit As Boolean, dbMax As Double, dbMin As Double 1 On Error Resume Next 'get max/m...

Meeting attendee now set as organizer problem
Hey guys posted this in the Outlook forum but no response... Has anyone seen this? I have a user that recieved a meeting request, when they try to accept the request, outlook says that they are the meeting organizer and that they do not need to accept the meeting. Weird..... Mike hmmm, any type of delegation going on? James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 16, 11:18 am, Mike <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hey guys posted this in the Outlook forum but no response... > > Has anyone seen this? > > I have ...

Incomplete Survey Export
I have a survey in WSS 3.0 that I am exporting the results to Excel 2007. Under the Survey details, it shows as having 1916 responses. However, when I export the results to an Excel file, there are only 1300 results extracted. We're thinking the difference is due to unfinished responses? Can someone confirm this for me? Thanks... EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Painting the Canvas with Silverlight 2.0 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/67f6739a-779c-4763-8f4e-619dac0b86b8/painting-the-canvas-with.aspx Did you get any response on this..? Jol...

If closed then set the form to load information as snapshot
Hi. I have a field /yes/no) that tells if the process is closed or not. I want that the form property RecordsetType be snapshopt when the process was closed and Dynaset when is open or set as No. Regards, Marco Hi Marco, I can't answer exactly what you asked. But if what you are wanting to achieve is to prevent any change to a record where the Closed field is Yes, you can accomplish this by setting the AllowEdits property of the form to No when the Closed field is Yes. All you need is code similar to this in the form's Current event: Me.AllowEdits = Not(Me!ClosedFieldNa...